You can find many payment gateways available from different payment service providers. However, there is not a universal solution for all applications. There are leading international payment gateways, but there is no guarantee that these payment providers would work perfectly for you, especially when it comes to custom app building. We’ve prepared a rating of the TOP popular payment gateways for integration into your Android application. After getting acquainted with this list, you will have a broader understanding of which is the best online payment gateway for your company.
What is a payment gateway?
A payment gateway is a secure and seamless way of transferring money from a user account to pay for products or services. In a nutshell, it is an EFTPOS (Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale) tool, which helps pay for your product online. The issue is that there is a wide choice. You could make a mistake while trying to adapt to someone else’s integration into your business system.
The features of the payment gateway usually include:
- receiving transactions from credit cards, checks, or other kinds of online transactions;
- conducting money transfers between different banks;
- secure payment data delivery to the payment providers;
- encoding sensitive data via a terminal.
TOP payment gateways for Android apps in 2020: 6 Market Leaders
In this article, we will suggest a list of the best payment gateways in 2020 and provide you with details concerning their features and pricing plans. You can easily implement payment gateway integration in Android mobile apps with the help of special services. Let’s see which one is the best payment gateway for your app.
PayPal is considered the most frequently used payment gateway worldwide. Why has it gained such much popularity? It offers a rocket-speed and secure payment process for more than 220 million clients from all over the world.
Its features include:
- international transactions support available in more than 190 countries and 26 currencies and 5 types of cards, including Visa, MasterCard;
- big payment limit of $10,000 based on the tariff;
- scheduled billing option;
Pricing comprises 2.9% per payment with no additional fees, which is not the cheapest but still competitive. It suits small businesses perfectly.
This is another leading platform built primarily for e-businesses. Its peculiarity is that Stripe is not a ready-made solution. You are given all the necessary tools for custom payment gateway implementation.
Its features include:
- providing API and other tools;
- supporting various development languages, involving Java, Ruby, PHP;
- enabling payments in more than 100 currencies;
- providing mobile transactions, payout subscriptions, and smooth checkout.
Demand for technical knowledge can be a disadvantage for most providers, but the functionality you receive is genuinely worth it.
Applying Stripe is more beneficial for companies from Europe. The fees comprise 1.4% and 20p for one payment. For cards not from Europe, it is 2.9% and $0.30 for transactions. It also suggests a personalized plan with refunds.
Braintree is considered the most innovative and rapidly developing payment gateway. Many reputable companies employ it, such as Magento, WooCommerce, Uber, etc. It is an ideal solution for payment gateways for android apps as it is rich in features and provides powerful support.
Braintree’s particularities include:
- easy to use SDK, which you can easily apply and begin interacting with;
- special tools for billing based on subscriptions;
- the ability to send push notifications and create discounted prices and sales;
- top-notch anti-fraud tools without any additional payments.
Braintree’s transaction fee is 2.9% + $0.30 (after the first $50,000) and a billing of $15.
Shopify is also in the list of the most often used gateways. It offers perfect services for e-commerce companies with any requirements. It supports customized designs and management interfaces like CMS (Content Management System).
Its most important features include:
- a wide choice of ready-made designs to customize your application’s look;
- functions of order and category management;
- a secure transaction system and shipment management;
- integration with the most popular social media sites;
- the opportunity to improve targeted and SEO marketing.
When it comes to prices, Shopify offers pricing plans with various sets of features, which can charge from $14.95 to $179.95 per month. There are also additional features available for additional fees.
Payline is a payment company based in the USA. It offers solutions for businesses of any scale, from start-ups to large corporations.
Payline’s features include:
- integrability with more than 175 virtual shopping carts;
- accepts transactions via mobile applications;
- may be united with QuickBooks to simplify financial management;
- built-in powerful payment security.
However, it is necessary to state that the payment costs are not entirely transparent.
The prices for offline and Internet companies may vary. The monthly fee comprises $20 per month for online companies, and the price for every transaction is 0.3% and $0.20.
Many reputed companies like Spotify use Adyen. It is based on one platform and receives all the payments transferred to your business. It also provides tools for risk management and result tracking.
Adyen’s features include:
- accepting over 250 payment methods in 150 currencies;
- the opportunity to analyze customer behavior;
- integrated risk management tools to recognize and avoid fraud.
The price system may be too complex, as they hinge upon the payment method. They are usually $0.12 per payment.
There are lots of best global payment gateways for Android to choose from. But the first thing to mind is your specific requirements. Make sure the payment gateway you chose fits all of them. Don’t just copy someone else’s tools. It may not work out for you. Also, consider the pricing plan and fees per transaction based on your products or services. Hopefully, you will find the perfect payment gateway with the help of our article.