Tweakbox is an app that, once you download, enables you to download 2000+ games and apps. It is somewhat like a third-party app store. Tweakbox allows you to download these alternative apps for free on both Android and iOS.
Jailbreaking your device is one way to go about downloading alternative games and applications. However, jailbreaking your device voids its warranty. Apps like Tweakbox act as an alternative to jailbreaking – they are similar actions, with the difference being that third-party apps do not void your warranty.
Android is in a way ahead of iOS as it allows you to download apps from third-parties (alternatives to the Play Store) without much difficulty. iOS, on the other hand, requires you to jailbreak your device before you can download a third-party app.
Tweakbox allows you to download applications that would generally require jailbreaking, but without jailbreaking your device.
The app Tweakbox acts as a medium for you to download new apps as well as modified versions of apps like Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Spotify, etc. These modified apps refer to Instagram++, WhatsApp++, Snapchat++, Spotify++, etc., respectively.
Tweakbox is an app-store that is entirely free, and this is the reason the downloaded games and apps from here, as well as the app itself, is full of ads. Ads are annoying and can drive us all crazy. That’s why people look out for Tweakbox Alternatives, which have fewer ads and are less irritating.
Best Tweakbox Alternatives: Our Top Pick 👌
Here is a list of the Tweakbox Alternatives. While it is an excellent app by itself, it’s good to look at some other options as well, and weigh the pros and cons and then decide which you’d like to use.
It is normal to be apprehensive of downloading third-party app installers, which are unverified by the application installers that we already know of, like the Google Play Store for Android and iTunes App Store for iOS. Hence, here is a list of app installers for you with their pros and cons.
Hipstore is another third-party app market to download modified and tweaked apps free of cost. This app is available for download only via the web, and not the iOS App Store. It’s because Hipstore is an App Store alternative.
The app Hipstore came up as a way to try out apps that would be paid apps on the App Store or Play Store, but free on Hipstore. Sort of like testing the apps before purchasing them for good. It came as a trial for apps via a third-party app.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Hipstore that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- Hipstore is compatible with all iOS devices above iOS 7 and is also compatible with most Apple devices, old or new, starting iPad Mini and Air, iPhone 4S, and also the iPod Touch.
- It gives you a warning on its download page itself to be wary and careful of apps as they can be harmful. Most other apps do not provide such notices (even though they should) for PR reasons.
- The app has speedy downloads, even with slow network speeds.
- The installation process is smooth and easy. It takes not more than a few minutes to get it installed.
- The biggest downside for a great third party installer like Hipstore is that it is only available for iOS devices since it acts as an Apple App Store alternative. It is not compatible with Android devices.
- The apps get revoked every seven days unless you use a VPN to stop this from happening.
Click here to install Hipstore.
2. Tutu App
Tutu App is a relatively popular third-party app installer. A lot of people like Tutu App for its collection of modified (or modded) apps.
There are games related to television series franchises such as The Simpsons and Pokémon, among many others. These little things make Tutu App very attractive.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Tutu App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- An excellent user interface, very similar to the one of the App Store. The working is smooth and doesn’t feel like a third-party app. The app market even has app reviews accompanied by the star rating system for it available.
- There are no irritating ads to ruin your experience using it.
- The creators of Tutu App regularly update it so that it never has the chance to go out of date.
- New games and apps are added to the interface daily.
- As mentioned before about the games, Tutu App is the only third-party installer that has a modded version of the Pokémon Go game – this is just an added benefit if you’re a Pokémon fan.
- The app was completely free earlier but now requires you to pay a fee of $12.9 per year associated with only the Tutu App and not any of its downloads. However, this paid plan applies to people who select the Tutu App VIP app.
- While the app does not require a jailbreak to run, the app may stop working in the case that Apple revokes the licenses that the app has gone around.
Click here to download and install Tutu App.
AppValley is one of the third party installer Tweakbox Alternative that most people have heard of. It is one of the most popular installers out there.
It has regular iOS and Android apps, and it also has tweaked or modded apps and exclusive apps such as screen recorders and game emulators.
AppValley is a free app installer that has all the apps you would want, free of cost. The app also has an alternative version, with VIP service, and it has a minimal fee. The subscription for AppValley VIP is on an annual basis.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The AppValley that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- The developers of AppValley continuously lookout for any errors or bugs with the app, making sure that it always remains up to date.
- Updates for the app always include better security functions to help keep your device safe from malware and other unwanted compromisations.
- AppValley has highly efficient customer service. If you feel stuck and unable to do what you’d like to do on the app, you can easily reach out to someone at AppValley to help you out with it.
- The creators of AppValley always keep their clientele informed about what’s going on with their apps. They are quick to update the users of what they should expect.
- Apps get revoked quite fast and can be irritating to keep downloading again and again.
- AppValley VIP does not work all the time, and users who have paid for it have not been satisfied with the service received.
Click here to download and install AppValley on your device.
At the time of our research on Best Tweakbox Alternatives, we found a video about “Apple Staff Reveal 11 Mistakes iPhone Users Make” which is worth watching. 🤴🏆
4. Open Mkt App
Here’s another app like Tweakbox that allows you to download alternative third-party apps. It is not only an alternative to Tweakbox but also the iTunes App Store itself.
Open Mkt App has all the apps from other application stores online, which are free as well as paid. It gives you a wide selection of apps all for free.
The one thing that is especially fascinating about Open Mkt App is that it uses HTML to make a website from where you can download third-party and tweaked apps. This is different from the other apps which use a different coding language.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Open Mkt App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- It is a web app, so it does not build into your system. This keeps your device relatively safe from any malware. It is not necessary that it will get infected, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Being an HTML app store, Open Mkt App has the scope of becoming one of the largest and best app stores for web apps.
- The ease of use of Open Mkt App is high. It is just like the iTunes App Store, with its categories and ‘top’ lists. You will find it easy to use if you have used any other app store before.
- The download speed of Open Mkt App applications is not very high, even if you have a slow network connection. This is because these are all web apps, brought to you using HTML, and the apps themselves are in HTML.
- Since this app does not build into the system, it is only suitable for web apps.
- The selection of apps on Open Mkt App is relatively limited, especially as compared to its alternatives.
Click here to install Open Mkt App. Simply follow the instructions to download and install the app.
Here is another Tweakbox alternative called Aptoide. Aptoide is a third-party app installer that is highly versatile in nature. Due to its versatile and flexible nature, it is a very attractive app as well.
This app is not just flexible, but also has a badge system that gives you assurance of its quality and safety. All the apps on Aptoide, which have ‘Trust Badges’ enshrined on them, are apps that have been duly checked for containing viruses or malware.
The developers also periodically keep a check on these apps just to ensure the non-presence of malware.
You can create your own storefront on Aptoide. While most app stores have one single “store,” Aptoide has multiple. There is the official one run by the developers of the app, and there are user-run stores from which other users can download apps as well.
Hence, in a way, the Aptoide is like a market rather than just an app store. This is in the sense that people can open up stores within the same online complex, with full comment sections, profile photos, etc.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Aptoide that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- One of the most significant advantages of Aptoide is, of course, the multiple stores. That’s what really adds to how versatile of a third-party app installer this app is.
- App interface resembles the Google Play Store to quite an extent, so if you are comfortable using that, this will automatically be comfortable for you to use as well. In a way, it is like the Google Play Store but with fewer restrictions on the availability of apps.
- The badge system for security is very reassuring and ensures the utmost safety against viruses and other such malware.
- Aptoide offers some rare apps. There are many more apps than Google Play will have because of the less number of restrictions as well as the concept of multiple stores.
- The desktop Aptoide application is more than brilliant, but the same level of quality is not met for the mobile app.
- The downloading process is considerably slower than that of downloading speed and processing via the Google Play Store.
- Apps that do not have the Trust Badge on Aptoide run the risk of containing malware and are potentially dangerous to your device.
Click here to download and use Aptoide. No doubt, it is one of the best, most versatile and trustworthy third-party apps out there.
6. AC Market
AC Market is yet another third-party app store that is very similar to AppValley and is an excellent alternative to Tweakbox. This app mainly focuses on providing users with Android games, which would generally be paid on the Play Store for free on AC Market.
Games are not all that AC Market has to offer. This app store also has tonnes of other apps. However, games are the forte of this particular app store.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The AC Market that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- Each and every game on AC Market has tweaks or mods such that it is entirely free to use, including the in-app purchases about which most games are so crazy.
- Downloads from AC Market are extremely fast, as when you download an app through this store, it downloads it directly from the server. This is opposed to it instead of going through various intermediary servers like in official app stores like Google or iTunes.
- You will not find difficulty navigating your way around the app because the app interface is perfectly simple and easy to use.
- Since AC Market focuses mostly on gaming apps, i.e., the modded versions of these games, it’s like having constant cheat codes to up your game the easy way out.
- Once again, the pros of this app also turn into its drawbacks. Since the focus of this app store is mostly on games (while this is not to say it doesn’t have other apps, too), it means that it is focused less on other apps. Hence, gaming apps here are much better than regular apps, and you may not approve of the quality if you’re unused to it.
- While AC Market is, in fact, completely free, its legality can be slightly questionable. It is of utmost importance to your device for you to be careful in the apps you download.
Click here to download the AC Market third-party installer for your iOs or Android device.
7. Blackmart Alpha
Blackmart Alpha is an excellent third-party app installer that has all the iOS, Android as well as Windows apps, entirely free for download. The user interface is super friendly and also has the option for multiple languages.
The app store Blackmart Alpha has easy downloading options with no limitations. The app itself shows you multiple versions of the app you wish to download, and then you are to select the one compatible with your device.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Blackmart Alpha that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- Downloads work on super slow connections as well, like 2G connections. Most app stores do not download anything on super slow network connections.
- Blackmart Alpha does not require you to register or log in to download apps.
- It has the full versions of all games and apps.
- The installation process for desktop computers is fairly simple.
- App downloads are very slow – slower than that of Google Play Store downloads.
- Blackmart Alpha is not completely legal. Downloading this app is at your own risk as it can cause damage to your device, i.e., it can cause viruses and malware. Please note that the virus that can come from Blackmart can destroy all the apps and games on your phone.
Click here to download Blackmart Alpha.
Cydia is one of the first alternative app stores ever to come out. It came as an alternative to the iTunes App Store in 2008.
It was an alternative app store to download apps that iOS devices do not permit. The reason that official app stores prohibit certain apps is that these apps do not always pass the test of being completely safe.
The difference between Cydia and other apps is that Cydia necessarily requires jailbreaking your Apple device in order to download it. This means that your warranty will go void if you choose to download Cydia.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Cydia that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tweakbox Alternatives list.
- Cydia provides some great modded and tweaked alternatives to regular apps you can find on the iTunes App Store.
- You can download games on Cydia meant for gaming consoles like the Xbox or Playstations, and you can play them without the required controllers for the consoles. It allows you to have a gaming experience without the actual gaming system.
- You get access to all the restricted apps on Cydia as you want that the iTunes App Store will not allow you to download.
- Cydia works on any device which uses iOS 3 or higher and has a jailbreak on it already.
- When you download an app from Cydia, you’re actually just using Cydia as a way to source the app. The actual downloading is directly from the owner; hence, redownloading an app can become a problem if the owner of the app does away with it.
- Cydia is an alternative app store not for availing apps for free but merely for downloading apps (free as well as paid), which Apple has not approved. There are also some apps for which you need to pay. The price of these ranges from USD .99 to USD 20.
- The downloading of apps from Cydia is at your own risk. Even if some apps may have some kind of malware on them that transfer to your phone, Apple will not help you out despite if you are still in your warranty period. Remember, jailbreaking voids the warranty on iOS devices.
You can download Cydia by clicking here.
Being Safe & Careful While Using These Apps
There are tonnes of third-party app stores out there. They all offer modded and tweaked versions of all of the apps and games that we know and also provide paid games and apps free of cost. What’s not to love?
However, it is critical to be careful while downloading such apps. As mentioned before, multiple times, these apps are not thoroughly checked before being put on the stores.
The fact that this is the standard way of these third-party apps goes to say that one must be extremely careful using these apps and downloading other apps from them.
Please do make sure that you read the information given about safety hazards. Do understand that downloading such apps is at your own risk.
It can be tricky to get a virus, malware, spyware, etc. out of your device if you end up getting something like that because of one of the downloaded apps.
The best solution for fixing it is a factory default reset. However, this can be quite upsetting for some, especially if you haven’t yet backed up all your files. Hence, the best way to go about this is to do it carefully.
Third-party apps allow you to make the best of your Android as well as iOS devices. They allow you to download new apps, as well as original apps that are tweaked and modded to be even better than they already may be.
Now that you have read about different Tweakbox Alternative, you can make an informed choice on which one you’d like to download – to download other apps! However, here is just another reminder to tell you to be extremely careful while downloading any of these apps.
All we want is for you to have the best user experience, and we hope that the reviews in this article help you get the same. Specific apps have different functions, and out of these, you can choose whichever app has the features which suit you and your wants and needs the best.