Is there anything better than actually living those favorite story flashes? It is a ball to immerse yourself in a story where you feel like a hero. Things cannot get any better without these Best Visual Novel Android Games.
These games are considered ultimate entertainers. They come with interactive stories with a focus on character development.
They are a completely different experience altogether. VN or Visual Novel is an interactive and collaborative game genre owing to its evolution in Japan.
Nevertheless, this game genre has gained massive popularity across the world. These games focus on plot and character instead of gameplay mechanics.
These games occasionally use live-action or Anime style series. They started with text-based stories in narrative style and literature but have transformed exclusively from print novels that we come across in recent times.
Visual novel games are quite the same as mixed-media texts and can also be considered games to a considerable extent. Visual novels allow the players to interact with the characters, check out different and new places, and even make important decisions. All this can be done by using different pictures on the screen.
Visual novel games and Android is a match made right in Heaven. They are the perfect piece of entertainment that you can engage in with a mug of coffee in your hand while sitting back and relaxing. These games do not involve any activities or tasks.
Instead, they are games with appealing stories and characters coming to life. These games have gained huge popularity among the masses because of their larger-than-life storytelling and plot.
They have fast become one of the most interesting genres in the industry for gaming simply because they are not the same as normal games.
They are games where the gameplay mechanics take a back seat, and the narrative is right in front. While some visual novels do have gameplay mechanics, they exist simply to push the games forward.
Visual novels are a very relaxing game genre and perfect for individuals who simply want to hang out and watch stories unfold. The majority of the visual novel games for Android are Japanese since the genre is a Japanese creation. Still, there are some excellent choices available.
Between some exclusives and ports, here is the list of Best Visual Novel Android Games.
Best Visual Novel Android Games – Our Pick 👌
1. a2 ~a due~
The main character of this visual novel is Sona Song. She is a rock girl leading her father’s orchestra after his demise. Another character, Yin Le Hao, helps Sona with the task.
Yin Le is her father’s pupil from China, and he does not know English. The visual novel is about how Yin Le helps Sona Song shape her father’s orchestra. This is an ad-free game for Android with otome games and romantic comedy influences.
The game has many bonus features, including a Chinese music glossary and a specifically designed translation mode for Chinese dialogues.
However, the translation mode feature of this game can only be unlocked when the player reaches all three endings or after 90% of game completion.
Below are some of the features of The a2 ~a due~ App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- Available in 3 languages. They are Russian, German, and English.
- 30 000 words.
- Chibi arts and 9CGs
- Does the game include three endings: Friendship, Love, and ???
- The talented and skilled Gerald Ko has composed the theme song of this game.
- It has a translation mode for transforming dialects in the Chinese language.
- It has several extra features like a Chinese glossary, music glossary, music box, and bonus chapters.
Overall, a2 (A Due) is one of Android’s best visual novel games. It will offer hours of entertainment and relaxation without exhausting the players mentally or physically.
2. The Walking Dead
This 5-part visual game series for Android has a zombie universe setting, one of the game’s most attractive features.
The players will be in the character of Lee Everett. He is a condemned criminal who has a second chance to redeem himself by safeguarding Clementine- an orphan girl stuck in the zombie world.
The game’s setting, i.e., the zombie world, is completely devastated and damaged by the undead. Corpses are returning to life, while survivors try their best to maintain safety.
Protecting Clementine can offer Lee complete redemption. This is a visual game where you will meet people, visit locations, and experience events as a player.
Below are some of the features of The Walking Dead App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- Winner of more than 90 Game of the Year awards.
- It plays very well on the NVIDIA SHIELD.
- All five episodes of the game have won awards.
- There is even a special episode called 400 Days in place, considering the popularity of the series.
- The decisions you make as a player of the game will change the story of the game.
- Season Pass is available for the players to make big savings on the additional episodes. The pass gives them access to all episodes except the first one. They also get access to the special episode called 400 Days.
The Walking Dead offers a tailored visual gaming experience. The decisions, choices, and actions the players make will directly impact how the story plays around them and across the whole series.
3. The Letter: Best Scary Horror Visual Novel Game
This interactive and highly interesting visual novel game for Android comes with inspiration from Asian horror films. This game is a blend of spectacle, friendship, and amorousness. Placing the destiny of the characters is in the hands of the players.
The game boasts of non-sequential storytelling and includes seven chapters. This drama and horror visual novel has a highly immersive and branching narrative.
It puts the players in the shoes of the seven characters. The main plot of this game is the characters falling prey to the vicious curse that has plagued the Ermengarde Mansion for a very long time.
This is a game where the players’ choices will drive and shape the plot forward. Whether the players would like to mend a relationship that is about to collapse or whether it will fall apart is completely the players’ choice.
Will, the players, risk saving the characters despite major consequences, or would they leave them to experience a miserable and gruesome death? It is again the players’ choice. The player of the game will govern the fate of all seven characters.
Below are some of the features of The Letter App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- Drama, friendship, and romance have a place in this horror visual novel. The game lays great emphasis on character development and relationships.
- The non-sequential storytelling of the game spans more than 700 000 words. This means the players need to get into a lot of reading.
- Seven characters showcase varying personalities. All these playable characters of the game have a completely varied approach to dealing with difficult situations.
- Innumerable butterfly effects.
- The choice made by players will affect the game plot.
- It has animated backgrounds, sprites, and CGs.
- The complete English voice acting.
- The art and style of the game are good, along with the beautiful paintings.
- The soundtrack is original, with a true ending, ending, and opening theme song.
- The first chapter of the game comes completely free of cost.
- There are no advertisements.
- Quick-time events.
The Letter is one gem of a visual novel game for Android that enthusiastic players should try their hands at. It will offer you several hours of sheer fun, excitement, and brainstorming.
4. Spirit of Justice
No visual novel game can come even close to the Ace Attorney visual games regarding drama and plot.
These are fantastic and mind-boggling visual novel games where the players need to serve as attorneys defending their clients against everything to prove their innocence.
The games are exclusive, and they stand out fantabulously compared to the other games in the same genre. They are considered exclusive mainly for their trial sequences that are highly collaborative and interactive.
The games are a breath of fresh air in the visual novel genre. They are quite lengthy in their plot and gameplay, but you get them in series, and you can have your hands on all of them if you want to experience the best of the emulation world.
Ace Attorney comes in the form of a mystery-drama series completely based on Phoenix Wright. He is a lawyer engrossed in solving different types of cases.
The players need to start cases, collect different pieces of evidence, interview people, and try smashing the opponent’s right in a court setting. Players are in the character of Phoenix Wright, who can turn things around and find truths even if they are deeply veined.
Below are some of the Spirit of Justice App features that earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- The pacing of the game is very good.
- In-game mechanics are in place to ensure the players do not forget anything.
- Games are expensive, but the players get full series without additional advertisements or in-app purchases.
- There are new and mysterious locations in the games do not fail to catch the players’ attention.
- Puzzling cases and twisting plots are some exclusive features the Ace Attorney series is known for.
- Comical and witty dialogues have also made the game series iconic.
- The game even contains point-and-click adventure components and hidden objects.
Jam-packed with humor, puzzles, and an interesting cast of the most colorful characters, Ace Attorney is one of the best visual novel games available. It is not just captivating but a great entertainer too.
This is a very delightful and enticing visual novel game for Android. The game is all about Florence, the 25-year-old girl who feels as if she is completely stuck in her daily life.
She has an endless routine of sleep, work, and spending a lot of time on social media handles. It is only when Florence meets Krish that things start changing for her.
As a player, you will be playing through the game and experiencing the relationship between the characters maturing and blossoming. This easy-to-play visual novel has a few point-and-click elements and light puzzles.
The game comes from the leading designer who made Monument Valley and has witnessed many variations with time. You get it at $2.99 without advertisements and in-app purchases.
Below are some of the features of the Florence App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- Get to experience every beat of the relationship between Krish and Florence by way of a series of highly adapted gameplay vignettes. As a player, you will be experiencing everything from fighting and flirting to helping each other develop and progress.
- Florence is a personal, raw, and intimate visual novel inspired by slice-of-life webcomics and graphic novels.
- The game offers an exclusive and emotive mobile narrative experience.
- The thirty minutes of gameplay will bring back feelings of first love. These include feelings like fear, happiness, awkwardness, uncertainty, and butterflies in the stomach.
- It helps players understand the way they look at romance and relationships. The reason they fall in love and so on.
- Florence is part of a visual novel-esque romance game and part collaborative graphic novel.
- Twenty chapters of the game are quite short, and players can easily finish off the entire game over a single lunch break.
- The game’s striking narrative and creative storytelling will surely leave an undying impression after players complete the series.
Developed by minds behind some of the most popular games in the market, Florence is a charming and captivating love story every individual should experience.
6. Moe! Ninja Girls
Moe! Ninja Girls is a game that will allow players to create distinct endings based on their choices.
Players will simply assume getting into the character of a ninja while hiding their real identity. They need to start with a journey towards unmasking their fellow members so they see who the real secret ninja is.
The game comes straight from the developers of Shall We Date, the popular women’s novel game sequence. It has 32 million downloads.
As has already been pointed out, the end of this game will completely be based on the player’s choice during the gameplay. This means that the exclusive stories of the players await them at the game’s end.
Moe! Ninja Girls, is a large-scale game completely different from romance, anime, and manga novels. However, it is as enjoyable as these novels. The game allows players to get up close with their favorite girl, only to enjoy school life all over again.
Below are some of the features of Moe! Ninja Girls App earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- Available for free gameplay.
- It comes with multiple endings based on the choices made by the players.
- Alluring soundtracks
- Superb motion effects.
- Beautiful artwork
- The costumes throughout the game are very cute. They are in Japanese anime style and are also updated constantly.
- The game is filled with many in-game events that come with exclusive prizes as well.
- The plot of the game is very short and branches as per the player’s choice.
- The playing environment is comfortable.
Moe! Ninja Girls, is the perfect visual novel game for you if you are fond of romantic movies and novels. It also works for individuals who have a keen interest in Japanese games.
The game is all about being in love with different women, dating, fashioning, and dressing up with partners. There are ninjas everywhere, and the setting is quite grand. So, be prepared to be fully addicted.
This puzzle game comes loaded with a lot of visual novel components. Players are in the character of Gris, the girl who seems completely lost in her little world.
As a player, you help Gris navigate her little world, get in close touch with all her emotions, and navigate reality. This game does not have any danger or death effects, meaning the players can play at their own pace.
Of course, there are a few gameplay mechanics and light puzzles for engaging the players while they keep drifting through the visual novel.
Gris, a young and hopeful girl, is dealing with some of the most painful experiences in life. She is going through a lot of sorrow, which is demonstrated in her dress which will grant her new potential to direct her distressing reality in a better way.
As the game progress, Gris will be growing emotionally. She will start to see her world in a completely different manner. New paths will be revealed, and she will use these paths to explore and use her new potential.
Below are some of the features of the Gris App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- This visual novel game is an evocative and serene experience for players.
- The players discover an accurately designed world.
- Filled with detailed animation, elegant and original score, and delicate art.
- The game even features optional skill-based difficulties or challenges, platforming sequences, and light puzzles.
- There are no texts in the game. Players will only find simple, and easy-to-use control reminders demonstrated using universal icons.
- The art style of the game is quite good.
- Large-scale visual elements have been used for storytelling.
- Devoid of advertisements.
- mysterious forum and rumors
Gris is a game that almost every individual can enjoy, whether they understand the game text or not.
8. Tasokare Hotel – Visual novels for android
This is a mystery visual novel game where the players need to solve a certain mystery behind the incidents occurring within the game. Solving the mysteries will help the players progress in the game.
It is a game recommended for every individual. The game comes from SEEC Inc, the name behind other popular games like The Prison Boys and Alice’s Spiritual Judge.
The game is filled with adventure elements along with character interrogation. Players are in the character of Neko Tsukahara. This girl is dead and has forgotten about her death.
She wakes up only to find herself in the Tasokare Hotel. The manager at the hotel informs Neko that this is where people dying due to memory loss are held up.
So, to kill time, Neko starts working at the hotel. As a player, you will have to find Neko’s identity and help the other guests find their identity so they can return to Earth or carry on with life after death.
Below are some of the features of the Tasokare Hotel App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Visual Novel Android Games Apps to download.
- The entire gameplay requires the players to read through the test.
- Players must choose to branch out the plot, find, blend, and utilize things as and when required. The players, for knowing their secrets, should interrogate other characters.
- Tasokare Hotel also provides a lazy clicking mini-game where the players use the trash accumulated in Neko’s room to accumulate sufficient experience scores. There are coins hidden in the trash; if the players find these, they can use them to unlock extra character information, BGM, and artwork.
- The game is free. However, all the chapters are segregated into simple stories, so you must unlock the tickets.
- Five tickets are given to the players every day. These are available free of cost. Players can order extra tickets to complete the game very fast.
- Gallery content and artwork within the game come as a bonus.
Tasokare Hotel is one of the best visual novel games for Android in that it offers exclusive content and great gameplay mechanics.
Click here to download.
Is visual novel available for Android?
Yes. You will easily find visual novels for Android devices. Some of the most famous visual novel games are The Walking Dead, a2 ~a due~, Spirit of Justice, and Moe! Ninja Girls.
Is visual novel still popular?
Yes. Japanese Visual novel games are still famous among the masses for their unique gameplay and engaging storyline. Nowadays, renowned game studios release visual novels, like the Nintendo Switch, Playstation stores, and Steam.
Can you play visual novels on a tablet?
Yes. You can play all visual novel games on tablets. From Chromebook to iPad, every operating system supports visual novels. The games will run smoothly on any tablet model.
Is Danganronpa a visual novel?
Yes, Danganronpa is an intriguing visual novel murder mystery game. The action-packed game will give players a thrilling experience throughout the gameplay.
Are visual novels real games?
Visual novels are still games. But interactive features of these games offer players a real-like gaming experience, such as character interaction, exploration, decision-making, and sound effects.
How long does it take to finish a visual novel?
Generally, you can finish visual novels in around 30 hours. But some visual novel games, like 5 Tsukihime, 1 Clannad, Rewrite, and 4 Muv-Luv Alternative, can take quite a long time to complete.
These are some of the most entertaining and awesome visual novel games for Android that you must start playing without further delays.