What is Antimalware Service Executable process and how to disable it?
In Windows 10 there are many processes that eat your system resources. Antimalware Service Executable is no exception to that. So today in this article we will discuss, What is Antimalware Service Executable process and antimalware service executable windows 10 disable?
Lagging is one of the worst problems that you face in windows pc. One reason for the same can be low-end hardware which can’t comply with the programs that you are installing. The other reason for lagging can be Antimalware Service Executable.
The Antimalware Service Executable process is an antivirus service built into Windows 10, to detect and suppress virus threats. Antimalware Service Executable is a part of the core process of Windows Defender. The service runs constantly, which ensures the protection of all operating system products. The application does not have a GUI, it works in the background.
Insert image here Antimalware Service Executable file process is called MsMpEng.exe and is located in the C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. It is an integral part of the windows defender antivirus application which comes bundled in with the Microsoft os. This process runs in real time and protects your system from malware, trojans. Real-time functions of windows defender constantly scan files and other apps in real time.
How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable
You can Disable windows defender in your pc but it is not advisable as it will make your system vulnerable to malware or trojans. So what else you can do is you can reschedule Windows defender to scan at a time when your pc is more idle. This way you can fix Antimalware Service Executable without making your pc vulnerable.
- Open the run dialogue in your windows pc and type taskschd.msc and press enter.
- In the left there would be a navigation pane, find Task Scheduler Library and double-click. Then keep expanding the folders and navigate to Library/Microsoft/Windows/
- In turn, open Windows Defender Scheduled Scan by clicking twice.
- Now Untick all the options and click on ok. This will clear all your scheduled scans.
Now we will need to schedule a scan from our side at the time which is more suitable for you and when your pc is in idle state.
- Double-click on the file, go to the “Triggers” tab and click “Create“.
- Assign the time and period at which the process can conduct a check (consume PC resources).
- The final step is to repeat the process for Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, Windows Defender Cleanup, Windows Defender Verification which can be found in the Library/Microsoft/Windows/
Windows Defender folder.
Now just restart your windows pc and this will surely fix your issues with msmpeng.exe & Windows Defender.
You may also like to read these awesome articles