Have you tired of getting the constant bootrec access denial notification on your screen? If yes then you might probably be wondering how you can fix this problem. Don’t worry because we have got your back! In this post, you will get to know some tips and tricks that will fix your bootrec access denial problems.
Repair the boot loader
The very first tip that we would like to share is to fix the boot loader. For this, you will have to prepare the Windows 10 installation disc.
Here is how you can build a windows 10 installation media:
- Make sure to download the windows media creation tool and then get a USB drive of at least 8 GB storage capacity.
- Then insert the USB drive into your device. Go to the media creation tool and then accept the agreement.
- Now you will have to select the create installation media for another computer. This click on the next option.
- Now you must select the ‘use the recommended options for PC’. Then click on the next option.
- Select the USB flash drive option from there and then again click on the next option.
- Now relax till the process is complete.
Once the process is completed you should insert the USB into your computer and then reboot. Once you see an option to boot from the USB drive you can now click any key to move on to the next step.
Once you have followed all the steps successfully it is time to move on to fix the boot loader. Here the steps you should follow to fix the boot loader:
- Go to the repair your computer option
- Select the troubleshoot option from there and then click on the advanced option.
- Click on the command prompt option from there and then select the disk part command.
- Now type this command:
- List disk
- Sel disk 0
- List vol
- Sel vol 4
- Assign the letter N
- Once you have assigned the drive letter format the EFI partition using the following command:
- format N: /FS: FAT32
- Now type bcdboot C:/ windows /s N: /f UEFI and then press enter
This command will fix the boot loader. After completing all the steps try to run the bootrec again. Most probably your bootrec problem will be solved however if that’s not the case you should consider the next tip.
In case the first solution didn’t work for you then you should try this tip. Here some steps you should follow for the next solution:
- Once you have booted from the Windows 10 installation disc you can click any key to continue.
- Look for the repair your computer option and then click on that.
- Select troubleshoot and then click on the advanced option.
- Select the automatic repair option from there.
- Now relax till you get the result of the automatic repair.
- Now follow the steps given on the fix boot access denied error
In case this doesn’t help you try to run the CHKDSK command.
This solution will help you to repair the errors on your disk.
Here some steps that you should follow for this solution :
- After booting from the Windows 10 installation disk ( follow the steps given in the first tip) you will have to select the first screen language selection option.
- Then click on the repair your computer option.
- Select the Troubleshoot option and then click on the command prompt.
- Once that is done in the command prompt option type the following command chkdsk c: /r
- After typing the command it is time to hit the enter key.
- Now relax till the process is completed.
After following all the steps you should try to run the bootrec command. This will fix boot access denied problems.
Sometimes the error might be because of the corrupted windows files or maybe because of internet issues. Therefore you should also take time to inspect your device using a good PC repair tool.
If everything is okay with your pc then you can follow the tips mentioned in this post and hopefully you will be able to fix your problem. However make sure that you are very careful while you are typing the commands, people generally make mistakes there. If you will follow the steps correctly and in the given order you will be able to fix the error easily.