Do you have the curiosity to know about the best cordless hammer drill in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
At construction sites, needs arise to drill through materials like concrete and often at uncomfortable places and this can only be done with the right hammer drill at hands reach.
Drilling through different materials even concrete has become easier with electronics drills in the market and the cordless hammer drills offer efficiency and convenience on a whole new level, that is why every professional handyman wants to have one.
A professional deserves the best tools that will not only get the job done but also so it in as little time as possible with less effort. Hence the need to get the best there is out there.
There are different things to consider before you buy your hammer drill to make sure that you have the right tool but between working you may not have all the time to do it properly hence a useful guide as well as helpful suggestions.
The importance of getting the right hammer drill has brought the need for a list of the best cordless hammer drills to help out any handyman or DIY enthusiast looking to buy one.
Here is the List of The Top 9 Best Cordless Hammer Drill in 2019
Dewalt never disappoints when it comes to drills giving different amazing tools and the DCD985B is another one of them that wows professionals.
If you have used any Dewalt drill in the past you are going to be impressed by this improved version and with the power and precision of the DCD985B which has been tested and proven to work effectively with concrete.
- Half an inch metal ratcheting chuck
- The battery power of 20 Volts
- Uses Lithium-ion battery type
- The battery is 3Ah
- 450 Watts maximum power
- LED light
- Tool weight of 3.9 pounds
- It has a side handle that can be rotated by 360o
- Torque strength of 500 in-lbs
- A maximum speed of 2000 RPM
- It has 34000bpm
- 535 UWO efficiency
- Three-speed settings
- Dewalt DCD985B comes with three-years warranty and one-year free servicing
- Costs $149 on Amazon
- It is lightweight and therefore convenient to use even with overhead works
- The weight does not cause fatigue
- Slim handle to allow a firm grip of the palm
- The speed transmissions are very quick and convenient
- Convenient for carrying out heavy duty operations
- It is a good tool for professionals
- the side handle is an added convenience feature
- It often overheats when used over a long time
- It is not brushless
Note:- because users have reported overheating it may be a good idea to take short breaks in between when using this tool and to purchase an extra battery since it only comes with one.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the best Heavy Bag Gloves?, do read it If you are interested.
The M18 series is just a small part of the exceptional array of drills produced by the Mikwaukee brand but it includes an impressive collection of tools in performance, convenience and affordability.
2607-20 is one of the M18 series and this drill is good worth for its money if you plan to be drilling through hard and dense materials because of its impressive specs and durability.
- The drill uses a Lithium-ion battery
- Battery capacity of 18 Volts
- The tool weighs 3 pounds
- It has an LED light
- The maximum torque strength of 525 in-lbs
- A maximum speed of 1800 RPM
- Half inch metal single sleeve racketing keyless chuck
- It has three different drilling modes
- Metal material body
- The tool is impressively lightweight making it convenient for repairs over long hours
- Very affordable price
- It is suitable for working in dark spaces because of the LED light
- Can be used for overhead drillings
- It has been tested to drill through hardwood and metal
- Can be convenient for works and repairs around the house
- The keyless check is easy to change
- A powerful tool for DIY and average duty works
- the speed may not be enough for heavy duty handymen
Note:- this tool does not come with its battery and charger so be prepared to buy them as separate accessories.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Hybrid Table Saws To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
The Dewalt DCD 996B is yet another exceptional drill from the Dewalt brand and this one is known for its power which gets the job done. If you are a handyman and looking for a tool to compensate for your skill level, one that delivers on power and efficiency then you will love this tool.
- it has a brushless motor
- 20 Volts battery
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- Has an LED light
- The motor can be adjusted to three different speeds
- An output power of 820 UWO
- Keyless Chuck
- It allows eleven different clutch setting
- Half inch metal chuck
- It has three different speed settings
- Drill direction is reversible
- It has a side handle that rotates
- Presence of a belt hook
- Three modes for the LED
- The high power makes it an effective tool for heavy duty jobs
- Different light settings for visibility while working
- The brushless motor is convenient for usage
- It can be used by professionals
- The drill is durable and therefore suitable to be used for a long time
- Metal keyless chuck that matches the drilling power
- It has a reversible function for the drill bit
- it does not have the longest lasting battery of the Dewalt hammer drill
Note:- The drill is powerful and can be used for masonry materials however don’t expect it to have the longest lasting Dewalt battery out there so prepare to buy a spare.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best cordless drill under 100 USD To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
This tool is combo equipment that has both a hammer drill and an impact driver, one of those Dewalt tools that get customers excited when they see it
- Brushed motor
- 20 volts battery
- Half an inch ratchet chuck
- It has 22 different clutch settings
- Has LED light with a 2 seconds delay function after it is turned off
- It has a three-year warranty and a year free service contract, as well as a 90-days, get your money back deal.
- Side handle that rotates by 3600
- It contains DCF885 and DCD 985each with their different specs
- The DCD 985 is the hammer drill which has 535 UWO, a half inch clutch and a three-speed control with 2000 RPM as the maximum speed. The speed of the hammering is 34000 bpm and it has an LED light.
- The DCF985 is an impact driver weighing less than three pounds, a torque of 2800 RPM at 1400in-lbs which can increase up to 3200 ipm. The impact driver has a quarter inch chuck and LED lights for visibility while working in dark places.
- It comes with a bag to carry the tool and its accessories
- The LED light aids visibility while working with it
- Interesting warranty
- The batteries have a short recharging time
- Variation in the speed settings
- High torque delivery
- Different settings for the clutch
- Suitable for heavy duty operations
- Stable chuck to carry the high power processes
- None that we can identify
Note:– that this device is very impressive because not only is it a combo kit it has exceptional efficiency and performance as well and it comes with a solution for carrying it around. It is a great tool both as a DIY kit and as a professional tool which brings in our best cordless hammer drill 2019 list.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best Roofing Nailer To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
This DC970K-2 may not have the same power rating as the other Dewalt drills in this article but there is no denying that it has a lot going on as well.
At $178 this tool can deliver up to 1500 rpm although you should only consider buying this if you do not mind a little extra weight at 5.2 pounds since it has its advantages that can make you almost forget about the weight.
- 18 volts battery
- It uses a NiCAD battery
- The delivery of the motor is 380 UWO
- The battery is 1.2Ah
- The tool has a maximum speed of 1500 RPM
- It has the usual three-year warranty, one-year free service and a 90 days money back guarantee
- The tool weighs 5.2 pounds
- Dual speed setting on the equipment
- It has two batteries in the pack one of which is a Lithium-ion battery
- It can also work with Dewalt lithium batteries
- The torque is relatively powerful
- It has up to seventeen clutch settings
- It comes with a carrier bag
- It is a great tool for DIY drillers
- It is heavy
- It has a plastic chuck which is not as durable as metal chucks
Note that this tool is not necessarily a hammer drill but because of the torque strength, it can drill through tough materials as well.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best Wood Router To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
The Bosch HDS 182-02 is high power and long battery life hammer drill that is convenient for both DIY drillers and professionals as well.
Whether you are doing a few repairs or you are a handyman, this drill is a perfect tool for working and drilling through hard materials.
- Brushless motor
- Uses Lithium battery
- 18 volts battery
- The plastic keyless chuck size is half of an inch
- It has a belt clip
- It has 19 clutch settings
- The HDS 182-02 weighs 3.75 pounds
- Speed of up to 1700 RPM
- The battery runtime has a 2.o Ah
- It has a torque of up to 442 in-lbs
- It has LED lights
- It is a compact device
- The drill is a compact device and can be used when you have to drill in tight spaces
- You can switch between sleeve and hammer mode
- It has buttons for controls at easy reach
- Ergonomic design aids a good grip
- It holds its charge for an impressively long time
- The metal body material makes it rugged and able to withstand impact in case of falls
- Enhanced illumination through LED lights
- It is considered pricey
Note:- it is important that you get two batteries when you buy this drill because it takes about 45 minutes to get charged and that may be a long time to wait, therefore it is important that the batteries are charged to switch when one gets low.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best Cordless Jigsaw To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
At $249 this hammer drill is on the high end but that has not stopped customers from wanting to get one for themselves because the specs on this drill is amazing. With an incredible torque despite the 18V batteries, this drill can be considered a real beast.
- It uses a brushless motor
- It uses Lithium-ion battery
- The high torque of 1090 in-lbs
- Battery run time of 4 Ah
- A maximum speed of 2100 rpm
- 3 years warranty from Makita
- It has 19 clutch settings
- The tool weighs 5.9 pounds
- High torque
- It can drill through concrete, wood, and steel
- It is a powerful tool that is suitable for professional usage
- Suitable for heavy-duty jobs
- Long battery runtime
- It comes with a carrying bag
- It has a belt clip
- Relatively heavy
Note that the tool is worth the price considering the torque strength and the speed and becomes a perfect companion for any professional that has some work on a construction site, just be prepared for the almost 6 pounds’ weight.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the best commercial log splitter to buy?, do read it If you are interested.
If you are looking for a reason to buy the Rockwell RK2852K2, the warranty and the speed of this tool will definitely blow your mind, it is definitely one of the highest you will see out there which says a lot about the confidence of the manufacturer in this tool.
- 20 Volts battery
- Uses lithium-ion batteries
- It costs $284
- A maximum speed of 2000 RPM
- Dual speed settings
- An option of both drilling and driving
- Up to 18 different clutch settings
- Charge time is one hour
- Battery run time is 40 minutes
- LED light available
- The size of the keyless chuck is half of an inch
- The torque power is 531in-lbs
- It weighs 3.7 pounds
- It has twenty years’ warranty
- High-speed drilling can be achieved using this
- The torque power can serve for powerful drill needs
- The drill can be used for both drilling and driving
- Impressive manufacture’s customers’ warranty
- Illumination is aided by the LED on the tool
- It takes a long time to charge up the battery, even longer than the runtime
Note:- The best features about this tool are the warranty and the speed, the battery, however, leaves something to be desired.
About Cordless Hammer Drills
Cordless drills, corded drills, hammer drills, impact drivers and so on, it seems like there is an endless number and variations for you the moment you want to buy a drill and without being careful you may find that you bought the wrong one for the job.
So how do you know that what you need is really a cordless hammer drill? Simply by knowing about a hammer drill, what it is, what it does and how many types of hammer drills are out there.
A cordless hammer drill is a hammer drill that is cordless, meaning the power comes from a rechargeable battery rather than from a direct AC electric output.
This means that you get to do without the wire but with more bulk from the battery because something has to provide the power. This is basically how all cordless tools work.
Now a hammer drill is like a regular drill with a little extra action on the bits, i.e. the normal rotational drilling action is combined with a hammer-like pound to give it some more force.
Even though a hammer drill can often function as a regular drill, a regular drill cannot be used where a hammer drill is required, because a hammer drill means that what is needed isn’t just the drilling turns but the hammer’s pounding as well. Whereas with hammer drill you could easily control the function to turn off the pounding.
A hammer drill is still different from an impact driver but a rotary hammer drill is very much like a hammer drill. In fact, it could help to think of it like a technological improvement of the hammer drill.
The rotary hammer drill also combines a pounding force with a drilling rotation, the difference is how this pounding force is generated.
With a hammer drill, two discs that make an up and down movement at a fast rate while the bit rotates causing a combination of drill and hammer.
The rotary drill, on the other hand, has air pressure generated in a cylinder that drives the hammering motion while it rotates.
Despite their similarity in action, there may be instances where one will be more efficient than the other because the rotary hammer drill is equipped to generate more force than just the hammer drill and so while the both of them are made to drive into hard compact materials like concrete, if more blows are needed then a rotary hammer drill might be more appropriate.
Since a hammer drill includes a pounding effect, the specs to look out for is the power of this pound which is indicated with a unit of BPM which means bows per minute.
Generally, rotary hammer drills are stronger with more BPM than ordinary hammer drill and are more suitable for larger work scope which means they are better for professionals than for personal usage. Rotary hammer drills are also more expensive among the two.
Now that you are sure that you need a hammer drill how do you go about choosing the right one for you?
Guides to buying the right best cordless hammer drill in 2019
The guides to buying the right hammer drill for you were considered when selecting the best hammer drills in the market as well as some other factors to make sure any of that the drills listed will impress you if you choose it.
However, when looking to buy a cordless hammer drill there are certain things to consider and the following is a guide to buying the right cordless hammer drill, one that you will not lock away in a dark cupboard but rather a drill you will be proud of.
Useful guides to buying the right cordless drills are as follows:
Pay attention to the specs:-
it is important to pay close attention to the specs of any drill you purchase, things like the speed, the torque strength, the battery specs and so on of a hammer drill are useful to know that it will serve the purpose you want. You want a drill that is strong enough to perform the functions you intend to use it for.
Since it is a cordless tool, it is going to be running on batteries when you use it. Some batteries last longer than others, some take a longer time to charge fully which could even be affected by the charger of the tool. Especially if you are going to be working with it a lot as a professional, you may not have the time to charge it every hour.
Reputable brands are better to go with but even if brands are not all to consider when buying a hammer drill, it is often more advisable to buy a drill by a manufacturer you can trust especially when you are depending on the specified settings.
Brands listed here are reputable brands that have produced drills in the past that have gained them high respect among others.
A flexible clutch setting:
when you spend money to buy a tool you plan to use; it is good advice that you go with one that provides you with options especially if you are a professional.
More options mean more avenue to use the tool in case of any kind of job you find yourself needing to do. The clutch setting allows you to have control and options, making your drill more useful and efficient.
The ergonometric of the drill:
Things like the shape, the size, the material and so on affect your experience with any tool. Whether a tool is sturdy or not you should test it on your hands and see if it fits your palms, if it is convenient for you to use and if you can reach the controls easily.
BPM stands for the beats per minute. When it is a hammer drill, the bpm is an important factor because this indicates how many times in one minute that the drill bits perform an up and down movement mimicking the result of a hammer blow. The faster it is the more powerful the tool.
The torque and the speed just like with other types of drills, the torque strength and the rotation speed capacity of the drill is important. It says a lot about how long it will take to drill and what kind of materials you will be able to drill through.
The speed control:
whether you are a professional or a novice, you will need different speeds for different drilling needs. Often depending on the size of the hole, you are trying to drill and a drill that offers multiple speed settings at fingers-reach will be very handy.
The modes of drilling:
some drills allow you to turn the hammer function on and off so that it could be a normal drill or a hammer drill. Usually controlled by a switch.
Your budget is important to know the hammer drill you will be able to buy. All the hammer drills in this list cost below $300 on Amazon so that is a suggestion to what you can set your budget at.
Some drills are a combination of different types of drills, this often gives a great worth for your money like the Dewalt DCK290L2.
In conclusion, a hammer drill is handy and a tool you may be using for a very long time, therefore you should be thinking of getting one of the best.
The Dewalt brand is very impressive with a lot of options with quality and following that is Makita XPH07M, nonetheless any of the drills in this lists will perform exceptionally by offering effectiveness, efficiency, reliability and precision.