Looking for the Best Earbuds For Phone Calls To Buy in 2022? 🤔
Then look no further.
We’ve put together a list of 7 Of The best earbuds for phone calls in noisy environments based on various factors like quality of the sound, design of the earbuds, size of the earbuds, features of the earbuds, Wired or wireless, Battery life, and of course Price.
Let’s explore this guide. 📗
There is no denying that earbuds or earphones, as they are also called, have made phone calls a breeze. They provide you with great flexibility and excellent audio quality, making them an asset for regular use.
These days, these earbuds come wireless, hence offering you optimum usage and freedom to use them whenever you want them to.
Probably the reason why some users are content with the free earbuds they own that they receive when buying a new smartphone. Unfortunately, you do not know what you are missing out on.
Not to mention, the freebies can harm your ears if they do not fit properly. The audio quality can be compromised immensely, leaving you high and dry.
The current range of earbuds comes with excellent features and sound quality that we will discuss briefly. This guide will teach about some of the best earbuds for phone calls.
Best Earbuds For Phone Calls – Our Top Pick👌
1. Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headset
The Sony MDRXB50AP is the best earbuds for phone calls as it has an excellent design and microphone with bass, making it the ideal choice for making calls.
Your calls are audible to the receiver at the other end, who can hear you.
This is a very solid product from the makers of Sony, who are known to produce some of the best electronic gadgets. However, the in-ear tips might not fit the ears of all people. At times, you may need to use different sizes of earbuds.
Control – The earbuds provide you with adequate control through the controller, which is a multi-functional one. It comes with a microphone that helps you make or receive calls.
Not to mention, the knobs are accessible and enable you to decrease or increase the sound.
Sound quality – The sound quality of the Sony product is quite good, with the help of a magnet driver made from neodymium. These give your speakers ample tone and quality. It provides you with deep, powerful bass, and the flow of the sound is not affected one bit.
Noise isolation – The noise isolation is average. It is perhaps something that the makers might want to work about on an otherwise very excellent product. As it comes from silicone material, an air-tight seal is created on your ears.
Of course, you want to ensure that the ear tips are the right size for your ears. This will help you immensely with the noise cancellation feature.
Design – The product’s design is probably one of the main highlights of the earbuds. It comes made from plastic and metal. This helps it have a slim and sleek design that also makes it quite durable.
You will not feel the weight of the earbuds on your ears as they are gentle and light. The product from Sony has made a buzz in the market with multi-functional buttons and a 1.2mg cable.
You can easily make and attend calls without removing your smartphone anytime, as long as you have the earbuds on. You can rest assured that the ear tips come in 4 sizes that can fit ears of any size.
- The bass on the Sony MDRXB50AP is sweet at the same time and very audible.
- The earbuds fit your ears comfortably and are light to wear for several hours during sweaty workouts and long walks.
- The pricing is affordable, making it an ideal buy for students and young working professionals.
- The cable is tangle-free, meaning it won’t be in between your face or legs when performing activities like walking or jogging.
- This is a very durable and reliable product from the makers of Sony.
- The earbuds sometimes stick out of your ears, making them quite uncomfortable to wear.
- As the bass is on the higher side, some purists might not consider them.
2. Mpow Jaws Gen-4 Bluetooth Headphones
The Mpow Jaws Gen-4 is the best cheap wireless earbuds for phone calls, causing other makers to come up with similar products.
Wireless earbuds are becoming more popular than wired earbuds. It is affordable and works quite well.
Not to mention, it gives the user sufficient flexibility. You will also love the neckband with lightweight earbuds, giving you quick access and use for making or receiving calls. As it is lightweight, you can use it for several hours on the go.
Sound quality – The earbuds provide decent sound quality for their price tag. The highs, lows, and mids are adequately balanced.
You can listen and catch the words without straining. However, the performance is slightly on the lower side when listening to songs.
Noise-canceling – The noise-cancellation feature of the earbuds is something worth mentioning here. You do not hear the noise in any environment you are based in. This helps you to listen to songs or have conversations comfortably.
The audio quality is impeccable. Please ensure that the ear tips correctly fit your ear to experience the right sound effect.
Call alert – Another exciting feature of the earbuds is the vibration mode when you receive calls. This enables you to attend to all your calls, irrespective of their calling.
When your smartphone is in the bag or elsewhere, your earbuds vibrate, intimating you of a phone call that you can connect easily through Bluetooth.
Battery life – The battery life of the earbuds is good enough for 13 hours. You can easily make calls, receive calls, and listen to music for more than 8 hours. It is on par with some of the best available in the market.
The battery life is a very important feature that one must not neglect when purchasing earbuds. You can also link the earplugs when you are not keen to use them. The magnet locks the earbuds around your neck, preventing them from falling.
The Mpow Jaws Gen-4 is worth considering, especially when looking for a lightweight, affordable, decent-quality product.
- The battery life is decent, serving you 13 hours, so you do not have to recharge it often.
- There is a call alert feature that vibrates when you have a call, ensuring that you do not miss out on them.
- It is flexible and ideal for several functionalities, like linking the earplugs when you are not using them.
- As the earbuds are lightweight, you can wear them for several hours when performing activities like walking, jogging, or in the gym.
- The noise cancellation works on the earbuds without affecting the sound quality.
- It is affordable, making it an ideal buy for students and working professionals.
- Some users have said the material is of low quality, which sometimes tends to give in.
- The audio effect can be better when listening to songs, though it is audible.
3. Bose QuietComfort 20 -- Best earbuds for outdoor phone calls
The Bose QuietComfort 20 is a product from Bose, a German-based firm known to make quality headphones and earbuds.
They were the pioneers of noise cancellation, and this product does not fail to live up to its reputation.
Design – The design of this high-profile product is something that doesn’t need to be spoken about. Bose headphones and earbuds are something of a kind. With a solid build that lasts you several years without any wear and tear, one cannot compare it to other makes.
The comfort and ease at which you can perform your activities using ear tips, like making calls, receiving them, and so on, is unmatched.
Android compatible – The earbuds are compatible with android devices. You can use it on your Samsung smartphone, tablets, and other android devices. The buttons provide you with easy usage.
High audio-quality HD – The audio quality of the earbuds is unmatched as of now—the crystal clear sound received from calls, music, and videos in HD. With the help of tri-port technology, the sound quality is immensely improved.
Noise-canceling – The noise-canceling features are fantastic in these earbuds. No matter your environment, like a supermarket or on a busy road, you can hear your heartbeat once you switch on the noise cancellation feature.
Aware mode – The aware mode helps you know your environment once you turn on the awareness mode. The noise cancellation mode is stopped immediately, bringing you to reality.
The ear tips are very soft and comfortable to wear. Users have commended the quality of the material used to produce the ear tips. They are durable and comfortable to be worn for long hours without any fatigue.
If you are looking for the comfortable and sturdy noise cancellation best earbuds for phone calls on iPhone, then the Bose QuietComfort 20 is the one to get.
- The sound and audio quality are unmatchable at the moment in the market.
- You can use it on several android devices like Samsung smartphones, tablets, and other devices.
- The ear tips are very comfortable to wear for long hours without feeling any fatigue.
- The noise cancellation feature is one of the best in the market.
- The battery life is decent and can last you for more than 10 hours.
- The device is expensive, and not everybody can consider it for purchase.
- You cannot replace the battery when the component has malfunctioned or not working.
4. Soundcore AK-A3451011
The Soundcore AK-A3451011 comes from the stable of Anker. The earbuds provide impeccable sound quality and are currently among the best-rated in the market. It is also cheaply priced compared to the Bose or Apple earbuds.
The earbuds are the best for phone calls as they come with a high-quality bass for speaking or listening to somebody and for entertainment. The best part about these earbuds is that it is waterproof, meaning you can use them even during the rain.
Sound quality – The sound quality is unbelievable from earbuds that are priced cheaply. The 10mm speaker drivers provide clear and audible beats with in-house tuning for clear treble and deep bass.
Waterproof – The soundscore of Anker comes with IPX7 waterproofing. In a sense, it can withstand your sweat as well as rainwater. It is ideal for use in the gym and outdoors, whether it is raining or during storms.
Battery life – The battery life of the earbuds is decent. You can use it for 12 hours at a stretch for talk time. It means you can use the earbuds throughout the day without the need to charge them.
Design – The design is also good and ensures that you do not have fatigue even though you are wearing them for several hours at a stretch. Hence, you can decide on the right fitting depending on the size of your ears.
The material is also durably made from gentle silicone on the ears. On the whole, the Soundcore is worth trying out when you expect high-quality sound effects at a low price. They are also waterproof, which enables you to use them during any climatic conditions.
- The earbuds are made from soft material and are comfortable to wear for several hours without fatigue.
- They come with an awesome battery life of 13 hours that does not require frequent charging.
- It comes with a carry case that enables you to take it around safely, ensuring it does not get damaged.
- It is waterproof, enabling you to use it on the go during rains and storms without any worry.
- It is cheaply priced and ideal for students and just about anybody who wants to own a decent pair of earbuds.
- The sound can sometimes be very high-pitched, causing discomfort when listening to music.
- The bass sounds average, which can be frustrating when you want to listen to quality music.
5. AMORNO HT-01 – Best wireless earbuds for phone calls
The Amorno HT-01 has a lot to offer you. One can say that it is one of the most overlooked earbuds in the market, with powerful features for a low price. The earbuds are foldable and come with unique features for affordable pricing.
Sound quality – They can give out the well-balanced sound quality. You can use the noise cancellation feature that provides more clarity and excellent sound. The earbuds use Bluetooth 5.0, which increases the audio output quality.
Connection – The earbuds are retractable, and you can use Bluetooth connectivity. The v5.0 provides you with excellent performance through the efficient use of energy. You can connect the earbuds to any kind of smartphone of your choice.
Design – It is foldable and retractable, offering adequate support when you do not want to use it. You can also adjust the cable size you plan on using. After using the earbuds, you can use the retract button to recline on your neck.
Vibration alert – It comes with a vibrating alert that notifies you when you receive calls at any time. This way, you do not miss out on crucial calls even when stranded in a noisy environment.
The Amorno is one of the best neckband earbuds for phone calls because of its portable, wireless headphones. You can easily fold it away when you are not using it. Its price-friendly makes it one of the best if you are looking for a cheap pair of earphones.
- The sound is of high quality, meaning you will enjoy listening to songs without problems.
- It is waterproof, enabling you to use it during bad weather outdoors without worrying about the device getting damaged.
- It is lightweight and comfortable to wear for long hours or sweaty workouts without coming out of your ears.
- The device is hands-free, meaning you do not have to worry about those nagging wiring.
- It is foldable and retractable for optimum usage when you want to use them for making calls or receiving them.
- The battery should have been able to last you more time because, at times, you feel that it drained out.
- Because of that, the charging time is frequent, and you may be unable to use it.
6. Jabra Elite Active 65t
The Jabra Elite Active 65t is one of the best budget earbuds for phone calls. It has a wide range of features that give you excellent wireless comfort. It is an IP56-rated design having a 2-year warranty from dust and sweat.
Design – The design of the Jabra device is snug and comfortable. You feel secure wearing them even for long hours without any fatigue. The Jabra has a very slim and sleek design with three color options for you to choose from.
Connection – The device comes with a 4 MEMS mic that offers you a range of 100 Hz to 10 kHz, which is good enough. It is one of the best frequency ranges on offer in the market.
It also comes with Bluetooth 5.0, which offers you immense flexibility.
Audio quality – The audio quality is excellent, with solid command ability over the voice and ample protection from wind and noise. So, whether standing on the road or in a supermarket, you can hear the voice on the other end, loud and audible.
Battery life – The battery life is one of the best features of earbuds. It can last you for 15 hours with a single charge. That means you can use it for two days, at least, before placing it for a charge.
They have also provided you with a charging case for enhanced protection from unwanted wear and tear.
If you are somebody with an active lifestyle looking for a well-featured, high-quality sound device that is affordable, then the Jabra Jabra Elite Active 65 will not disappoint you.
- The earbuds offer good noise isolation capabilities, as you are not disturbed during conversations.
- It is a wireless device with no cables hanging around your neck or legs when you walk or exercise.
- There is a motion sensor on the device that alerts it for activities.
- The microphones come with a high-quality calling experience for users.
- The battery life is good, running at 15 hours, giving you ample time for long conversations and music time.
- The earbuds have water and dust protection, ensuring they do not get damaged easily.
- It is a very slim and sleek design having three color options for you to choose from.
- The earbuds feel slightly loose during lengthy workouts where your sweat might make it come off.
- The cable for charging is quite short, which means you can charge it on a socket that is present nearby.
7. Hifiman TWS600
The Hifiman TWS600 comes with high stakes in the wireless market. The earbuds come with unique features like the topology diaphragm driver that offers you the best sound quality.
The voice is manipulated such that the lows and highs are matched adequately with the mids.
Voice quality – The device’s voice quality comes with topology diaphragm technology that offers detailed audio. You can also connect with a wide range of voice assistants, including Alexa, Cortana, Google Voice Assistant, and Siri.
Connectivity – It comes with a frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz, which is quite decent and sufficient to cater to the needs of a metro individual. The communication distance is long-range at 150 meters.
It also comes with a voice command ability.
Battery life – The Hifiman TWS600 battery life of 38.5 hours of battery life (5.5 hours in earbuds and 33 hours in charging case.
- The IPX4-rated design is good and gives you ample support during your workouts and conversations without discomfort.
- The controls can be accessed quickly, offering you ample use of them.
- The microphone quality is loud and clear, enabling you to hear every word or tone.
- The connectivity offered by Bluetooth 5.0 is very stable, ensuring that you can connect during travel, also.
- This massive 38-hour battery life with more than 5 hours in earbuds provides you with ample usage.
- The charging case is huge, which is a bit of a botheration when you want to travel around with it.
- It does not come with the ability of wireless charging, meaning you have to use manual charging.
Things to consider when buying earbuds for phone calls
You know that you are using the earbuds only when considering a set of pointers before the purchase. The sound quality, durability, and reliability are important factors to consider because you are these devices in your ear.
Before choosing one, you must take the time to know some vital factors. You never know; it can immensely change your mind about what you initially sought.
The quality of the sound:-
The quality of the sound of your earbuds is crucial and one of the most important factors to consider. If you are purchasing it from an online store, then make sure that the seller is of good repute and that there is an exchange of the product allowed.
Popular brand names like Apple, Bose, Sony, Jabra, and others provide genuine products that provide you with excellent sound quality and are durable. However, you can check the audio performance when you buy it from the store.
The design of the earbuds:-
The material used to manufacture the earbuds and the shape of the product matter a lot for optimum usage. The durability factor depends on the kind of material they come built with. Hence, keep an eye on the make and material of the earbuds.
The size of the earbuds:-
The size of the earbuds decides how comfortable they are when put on your ears. If you are somebody who uses the smartphone a lot for client meetings and conversations, then it makes sense to try on the earbuds before actually purchasing them.
The features of the earbuds:-
The features of the earbuds also matter. You do not want earbuds merely to make calls or answer them. But you want to be able to perform several functions using them. For example, the noise cancellation feature of the earbuds is an exciting feature that you may want to look at.
Wired or wireless:-
You get earbuds of two kinds, one is wired, and the other is wireless. They both come with their pros and cons. For example, wireless earbuds can come in handy when you want to be flexible and not seated in one place.
Likewise, wired earbuds offer you better audio quality compared to wireless products.
Whether you plan on purchasing wireless or wired earbuds, it must come with good battery life. Please read the earbud’s battery life review so you do not have to recharge the earbuds often.
It comes down to your usage. You may consider a high-end earbuds model if you are a heavy user of earbuds for making calls, listening to music, and movie audio. For example, the Jabra Elite Active 65t offers an excellent battery life of 15 hours.
Pricing the best earbuds for phone calls is the final factor to ponder before taking the plunge. Usually, the price depends on the brand that you are looking for. For example, Bose, Sony, and Apple are priced slightly higher.
At the same time, models like Mpow, Anker, Jabra are reasonably priced. Electronic products are mostly bought based on brand names. If you are an Apple or Sony fan, you can consider the Jabra Elite Active 65t a good one.
Below are a few queries on Best Earbuds For Phone Calls that everyone expects to answer, and I did include the same for my readers.
Which ear buds are best for calling?
The best ear buds for calling with microphones are Soundcore by Anker Life P3i, Airpods Pro, Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro, Jabra Talk 45, etc.
Which earphone is best for talking on the phone?
Top earbuds and Bluetooth headsets for phone calls include Bose 700 Headphones Wireless, Sony WI-1000XM2 Wireless, TOZO T6 Truly Wireless, etc.
Can you talk on the phone with earbuds?
Audio headphones may not help in answering phone calls. However, there is a market full of wireless and wired headphones for answering phone calls.
Which earbuds are best for phone calls under 2000?
Zebronics Zeb-Sound Bomb 1 TWS Earbuds, boAt Airdopes 121v2, OPPO Enco Buds, pTron Bassbuds, truke Buds S1, etc. are a few options.
Is Airpods good for calling?
Airpods produce good-quality sound, making them an ideal phone call option. They don’t drop too much and offer clear sound.
Are Samsung Galaxy buds good for phone calls?
The sound-quality delivery is excellent, and they make great pairs of headsets. They reduce background noise, and you can hear even in a noisy environment.
What is better wireless earbuds or headphones?
Headphones are a step ahead of earbuds at the same price in terms of audio quality. Earbuds are also uncomfortable for many.
Is their microphone present on earbuds?
Yes, you can find a microphone on the earbuds. The need for a microphone to be hanging out separately is not necessary. Wireless earbuds have microphones on them.
Some include the Apple Airpods, Jabra Elite Active 65t, and others. Some even come with multiple microphones that receive calls and perform other functionalities, including voice commands.
Can you use earphones as microphones?
Yes, you can use earphones as microphones. Both the earbuds and the microphone work on the vibrating diaphragms. These react when there are sound waves on the outside.
The sound waves are then converted to electrical signals, which are then returned to sound. It only means that you can make use of earphones as a microphone.
However, the sound quality gets immensely affected compared to an actual microphone. So, if you have hearing issues, you may want to consider using a microphone separately, as earbuds may not help your cause.
How does the earbud’s microphone work?
This is something that many users are not aware of. The earbuds microphone works as a transducer. The transducer converts the energy into various forms.
For example, the acoustic energy changes into audio signals, which are transferred to the person at the end of the line. Of course, the loudspeaker also acts as a transducer and converts the energy.
As the conversion takes place in less than a second, you do not seem aware of it happening. These conversions do occur in real time.
How do you know that your earphone microphone is working?
You can find out whether your earphone microphone is working by connecting it to your smartphone, then making a call.
When the person at the other end of the line can hear you loud and clear, it means the microphone is working.
Another way to test your microphone is to attach it to your PC or laptop and do an online microphone test.
If it works, you know your earbuds microphone is just fine. Otherwise, you may have to exchange your product.
What are the best earbuds for a phone call in the market today?
Most of the makers are almost neck and neck. However, we would highly recommend the Sony MDRXB50AP and Bose QuietComfort 20.
These two makes are currently the best earbuds for phone calls. However, your choices can vary depending on your preference, comfort, fit, and, most importantly, budget.
What is the most reliable brand of earbuds for a phone call?
As far as earbuds for phone calls are concerned, Sony and Bose are reliable names. Other brands like Mpow and Anker are good enough too. Before purchasing the product, make sure that there is no defect.
Make it a point to check it beforehand and exchange it before it is too late. The durability of the product depends on how you handle the earbuds.
We hope this guide was informative and useful in helping you choose the best earbuds for phone calls. Of course, selecting one pair of earbuds from the wide range of products you have in the market today is no child’s play.
With the help of this review, you can narrow your choices to decide on the best product to help your cause. The earbuds that come with your new smartphone may not provide quality audio.
Hence, we have shown you some of the best earbuds available in the market that are suitable for making phone calls. Your requirements are very important to enable you to get what you actually need when purchasing.
Remember to see that the sound quality of the earbuds is audible and comes with the proper balance.
Best earbuds for phone calls: Full Article in a glance
- The best earbuds to make phone calls is the Bose QuietComfort 20.
- The silent performer would be the Sony MDRXB50AP.
- The best all-around performance would be the Jabra Elite 65t.
- The earbuds for value are the Anker Soundcore Life P2.
Did you find this review useful?