Do you have the curiosity to know about the best scooter for 3 year old to Buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 🙂
Our love for speed and fast moving objects starts at a very young age, and kids (toddlers) are not exempted from this category. Scooters are another addition to the mountain of toys they have except this one moves.
Scooters are for everyone, it does matter how old you are or if this is your first time on one. Kids love toys, and nothing will excite your toddler better than to be in control of their life.
If they have older siblings that ride scooters, it is just a matter of time before they beg you for one of their own too. Any parents might feel they are too young, but what better way get them started on the independent journey than from that age.
However, the conventional scooter is not built for kids this young and can be well; hazard waiting to happen if they mount one.
Nevertheless, because we know how insistent kids can be, we have rounded up the best of the best scooters for our young riders and also give you a comprehensive buying guide and answer some frequently asked question too.
Here is The List of Best Scooter For 3 Year Old To Buy in 2019
Before we begin, we just want to remind you to get a solid helmet and knees and elbow pads for that little rider of yours.
1. Micro Kickboard Mini Scooters
The micro kickback mini scooter is one of the best scooters for kids in the age range of 2 to 5 years. It has some excellent features that will make your child feel like a pro in no time.
The 3-wheeler is the best value for design, price, and performance for children. Aside from the exercise they get from this scooter, these are some features we love about it which makes it put in our best scooter for 3 year old 2019 list.
- Super smooth and sleek design similar to a skateboard with excellent curves and turns
- Lower deck increases stability and safe steering making it the safest for preschoolers too
- The leans design allows kids to control riding with their body weight
- Excellent scooter for learning how to balance, steer, and coordination
- Very quiet with superior quality wheels with flexible fiberglass deck with excellent shock absorber
- 3-wheel scooter with 5.5 inches wide foot deck for great balance and fewer falls.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Micro Kickboard Mini Scooters.
- Great for kids with body weight up to 44 pounds
- Easy to transport and store
- Adjustable handlebars for taller kids
- Great for smooth surface riding only
- Tires are non-marking
- Has a brake system kids can easily step on to stop
- Comes in beautiful colors that kids will love
- Has a push assist that parent love
- It takes time for kids to know that their body weight is the controlling mechanism
The micro kickback mini scooter is top of the line scooter for toddlers with an incredible design that kids enjoy. The skateboard feel ensures that kids are balanced, stable with minimal injuries during a ride.
2. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter
If you are looking to introduce a scooter for your adrenaline driven three-year-old that is safe and stable, this might be your best pick. The Radio flyer my 1st scooter stays true to its name as this is the best beginner scooter for kids ranging from 2 years and above. Aside from the design, some features are:
- Three wheeler designs help to develop kid’s balance and coordination
- Wide and low deck with two front wheels for maximum support and weight distribution
- Excellent turning radius without compromising on safety and stability
- Comfortable texture firm hand grips
- Great build for kids 2 to four years old
- Carries a body weight of 50 pounds
- Deck and handles are textured to aid balance on the scooter
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter.
- Speed is just right for kids
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Comes in two colors – pink and blue
- The turn radius is weak
- It is not foldable
Well, as beautiful as this design is, customers that have purchased it complained that it was too slow and the turn radius was poor. However, after testing the scooter, we think it is the right size, speed, and build for children especially toddlers.
With the Royal Flyer My 1st scooter, your kids will learn all the basics of riding a scooter before transitioning to larger, faster brands.
3. Razor Junior Lil’ Kick Scooter
Razor is a brand name in scooter manufacturing and certainly didn’t fall flat in this one. This scooter is wow and will dazzle any scooter loving and non-loving toddler. This lil kick is a smaller model scooter straight from the stable of Razor for your little rider and designed with any three years old in mind which makes it to put in our best scooter for 3 year old 2019 list. Some features are:
- Comes with a low ground to deck clearance for stability and fewer injuries during a fall
- Broad slip-resistant foot deck for extra balance
- Wide wheels for stability
- Ergonomically T-bar padded handles for a good close grip
- Super sturdy steel frame scooter ensures that your tots stay on no matter what
- The deck can accommodate both feet for those toddlers that love risky moves
- For toddlers up to 44 pounds body weight
- Product dimension is 22.2 by 14.4 by 25.98 inches
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Razor Junior Lil’ Kick Scooter.
- Exceptional scooter for 3 years and above kids
- Comes in two colors- pink and blue
- Needs assembling by an adult
- Lightweight and durable model
- Foldable scooter for easy storage
- Deck, handle, and other parts come in matching colors to attract the kids
- Not a very flashy scooter for kids
- The two wheels in the back tend to catch the heel of kids as they kickback to move
Another model of scooter that stands on its own; it is a fabulous, sturdy and stable scooter for children. They will want Razor to consider changing the two back wheels to one to prevent it from catching on the heels.
Other than this little setback, Razor Lil’ kick scooter is a fantastic piece of creation for your little one and it is the best standard scooter for your toddler.
4. YBike GLX Pro Scooter
This very robust design has some intense color that is bound to have your tiny tots hooked on. The gender-neutral color allows parents to easily convince their little tots why the scooter suits them better.
However, the YBike GLX scooter for toddlers is an excellent build with great features that will grow with them enhancing and improving their ride with each use. It also comes in a smaller version; giving you the choice of picking the accurate size according to your child’s height.
- Three wheel solid built scooter for superior balance and stability
- Comes with a wide ABS reinforced deck for that super grip ensuring they stay on as it glides now the street
- Perfect scooter for 2 to a 5-year-old toddler with body weight up to 44 pounds
- Comes with a wide rear wheel that balances out the front two wheel for extra stability
- Sleek and smooth aluminum metal build
- Product dimension is 22.4 by 11.4 by 36 inches
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The YBike GLX Pro Scooter.
- Lightweight and durable
- Excellent turn radius and very sturdy
- Adjustable grip handle and non-slip deck
- Excellent for children between the ages of 2 and 4 years
- Best child scooter to teach them how to roll, turns, stop and go
- The scooter is a great canvas as it can be painted on to make it looks different
- The child will need some coaching before been left on their own
- The brakes are removable but will wear faster
Although the YBike GLX Pro scooter for kids is a great beginner bike for them, it does have one downside regarding the brake as stated above. Overall, this scooter is one your kid will enjoy for a long time to come and even pass down to their younger one.
5. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Scooter
Well, this very fun and teacher bike is great for parents that don’t feel too comfortable allowing their kids scoot down the street standing upright. This very colorful and portable scooter is a sitting than standing and kickback scooter. This scooter has different buttons that are child-friendly, well placed and accessible to the child.
- It has a lot of learning songs that educate your toddler about shapes, numbers, alphabets, and simple everyday phrases
- The rhymes are in three stages from simple to well-advanced allowing your tot to learn as they grow
- Get for toddlers who are yet to start walking or afraid of riding the regular scooter
- Learning mode gets activated as the baby scoots along
- Dimensions are 22.5 by 10.1 by 13 inches and weigh 5.5 pounds
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Scooter.
- Great parent/kids interactive fun tool
- A good way to introduce kids to the world of scooter
- Affordable and lightweight
- All plastic and tires lack traction
Although it is a good scooter for starters, the Fisher-Price might be too small for large toddlers. However, the scooter is durable and fun for kids between the ages of 12 months and above but not for over 3 years old. Definitely worth the purchase as the first mobile gift for your little ones.
6. Little Tikes Lean to Turn Scooter
This scooter comes in various colors so it is safe to say that if you have a feisty princess that loves the outdoors, it might be time to get her this scooter. This scooter made for kids of 2 to 4 years is of high quality, strong, and easy to use.
The price might deter some parents, but the little tike lean scooter is very durable and designed for toddlers learning the world of mobility.
- Large foot deck to accommodate little feet
- Non-slip saw dust deck for extra grip and safety during rides
- Removable handlebars making it easy to store and transport
- Three wheel scooter for a sturdy and stable ride which boosts the rider’s confidence
- The lean-to turn describes how the scooter leans when the toddler learns to turn when riding
- Low ground to deck height for increased safety while riding
- Weighs 4.9 pounds with dimensions 21.25 by 10.5 by 26.5 inches
- Can carry a maximum weight of 44 pounds
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Little Tikes Lean to Turn Scooter.
- Develops your child’s physical and mental ability
- Fun, safe, and stable scooter to ride
- The controls are easy to master
- Available in various colors
- Portable design easy to carry, transport and store
- The scooter is smooth and quiet during rides
- High-quality scooter and easy on the pocket
- Built with high-grade aluminum for durability and lightweight
- The lean-to turn mechanism needs more work
If you are looking for safety, fun, and affordability, then you certainly want this bike. This little scooter has all the amenities for new riders or toddlers used to scooters.
The lightweight and build allow for easy transportation, storage, and the lower deck reduce the number of falls.
7. K2 Toddler 2-in 1 Adjustable Scooter
A scooter and a bike all in one with seconds to adjust or transform to either one you want. This scooter is smooth and sleek making riding like a breeze either for newbie or kids used to the scooter. A very delicate, but sturdy design, this K2 toddler/tricycle with has your kids zooming in no time with all the excellent features on it.
- Great for kids 2 to 6 years
- Can be converted into a tricycle with just a twist and lock option
- Gives the child two riding options – kickback or peddling
- Three wheels for superior balance in any mode
- Limited falls and injuries
- Adjustable handle for growing kids
- Certified ASTM F963 safe
- Smooth and safe rides every time
- Made from durable carbon steel, plastic, and aluminum alloy to withstand kids and their roughness
- Can carry up to 44 pounds
- Dimensions are 27.6 by 13.4 by 26.4 inches and weigh 4.62 pounds
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The K2 Toddler 2-in 1 Adjustable Scooter.
- Great design and quality scooter by Swagtron
- Available in various colors
- Lightweight and durable
- Low ground to deck height
- The foot deck is textured for more grips
- The deck is too soft and tends to get weighed down by the child’s weight
As pretty as the scooter/tricycle is, customers complain about the handlebar wiggling when assembled, but there have been no reports of falls or injuries from kids riding on it. The scooter is durable, but parents need to watch out that the weight of the rider is specified by the manufacturer on the pack.
8. ANCHEER Scooter for Kids Toddler 3-in-1
What is not to like about this scooter/tricycle? The design is the dream of any kids; attractive body, elegant finish, glowing multi-colored tires that will have your kids scooting away happily.
This scooter is perfect for beginners with its high performance and safety features. This scooter is an excellent scooter to improve the skills and confidence of your child
- Well-constructed cute designs made especially for kids
- Adjustable and removable seat and handle
- 3-wheel drive for great balance and stability
- A great bike for kids 2 to 8 years
- Can carry a weight of 110 pounds
- Low wide deck with excellent grip with enough space for both feet
- Easy to use a brake that comes on by pressing on the back wheel
- Lean to steer mechanism allow the child to use their body weight to get around easily
- Dimensions are 19.9 by 9.1 by21.1 inches and weigh 7.7 pounds
- Ultra lightweight due to its aluminum alloy constructions making it easy to carry around and store
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The ANCHEER Scooter for Kids Toddler 3-in-1.
- Can be a scooter or a tricycle allowing the kids to scoot or cycle around
- 3 level adjustable handle
- The foot deck also serves as the seat
- LED colored tires
Aside from the LED tires that flash different colors, the scooter comes in beautiful colors and a sturdy design that will grow with your child. Furthermore, the Ancheer brand of kids scooters is well constructed with safety features that will ensure that your kids are safe always when riding.
9. 67i Kick Scooter for Kids Wide Deck 3
If a scooter can last more than the first year, then you should get your hands on this scooter right now. It is a great scooter for beginners or kids used to scooting around, but the bike is well balanced and stable. The scooter will boost your kid’s confidence and increase their love for scooter once they take their first ride.
- Adjustable handlebar with 4 level height adjustments from 22.8 inches to 29.92 inches
- Offers excellent control giving the scooter a good lean to steer mechanism with easy maneuverability
- Helps kids develop their motor, coordination and balance skills
- LED light up wheels with large deck for both feet to stay on comfortably
- Soft and textured handlebar for a firm grip
- Three wheel stable and balanced scooter limiting injuries and falls
- Aluminum reinforced metal for lightweight and durability
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The 67i Kick Scooter for Kids Wide Deck 3.
- Easy to assemble and store due to the collapsible T-bar.
- Sturdy scooter with a weight capacity of 120 pounds
- A great scooter for kids younger or older than 3 years old
- Easy to turn and stop
- Comes fully assembled
- Two front wheels for extra balance
- Doesn’t come with batteries for LED tires
We love this scooter for so many reasons, and after a few kids scooted away on them, we love them even more. The scooter is lightweight and just great for kids with perfect mechanics as they grow boosting their confidence and skills.
Furthermore, this scooter is very stable and safe, but we don’t advice scooting indoor due to lack of traction with the floor and the possibility of floor marks.
10. Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike
Strider has been in the business of making scooters, bike, and cycles for all age group and when it comes to kid’s scooter/bikes they are doing pretty well. This toy is a great piece for kids that don’t really like standing or lover bikes. It is good for 18 months to 3 years seat scooter with adjustable height and easy to maneuver for a smooth and balanced ride every time which makes it to put in our best scooter for 3 year old 2019 list.
- Potable and well-balanced scooters on the market
- Well proportioned space between the handle and the seat making it super comfortable for the rider
- Non-marking tires that will never go flat with decent traction
- Unique footbrake
- Sporty and lightweight frames for the kids
- Teaches kids how to balance without pedals
- Simple and durable design that will last years
- Weight 6.7 pounds with dimensions of 27.6 by 7.1 by 12.2 inches
- Easy to handle and use
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to adjust seat and handlebar
- A plastic seat that won’t rip or come apart
- None for now
Strider is on our list for so many little reasons- excellent built, nice frames and constructions, lightweight, ease of use, and most importantly very safe for our kids.
Furthermore, it is a scooter that helps the development of the toddler and teaches them how to balance, ride and build their confidence. For parents worried about their kids falling, Strider is well balanced and allows them to balance well too.
Buying Guide For Best Scooter For 3 Year Old in 2019
We have given you the best review on the best scooters that your kids will absolutely fall in love with while improving their cognitive ability, and skills. So listed below are some factors to look for before putting money down for a scooter for your three-year-old.
This is the first thing to consider because they are kids; it is paramount to ensure safety is never skipped. Aside from the bike being the right size for your toddler, you must ensure that all the necessary safety gears like a helmet, knee and elbow pads among others.
You also have to ensure that all safety outfits are fitted properly and your kids should never ride their scooter without one. Furthermore, have your toddler supervised while riding and never leave them alone on the street or far from your sight.
Most toddlers’ scooters are in the 50 dollars range or lower. Remember that they will outgrow it, so be cautious about investing top dollars on the scooter.
Except you can read your child’s mind, it is always a safe option to ask them what color and type they will like or better show them a picture of various types of scooters and have them make a choice for themselves.
Depending on the brand and model, most scooters can fold in half to allow for easy storing and transporting. So if your child loves riding all the time, try to purchase one that fold to ease storage problems
Thanks to technology and smart designs, handlebars are more ergonomically with textured pattern for increased grips giving your child that safety and power over the scooter
This is the utmost of the scooter where the kids place their feet when riding a scooter. For safety and comfort, it is necessary to make sure that the deck is non-slip and firm.
The wheels on most scooters are three in number; it is not just for fancy, but to allow equal weight distribution when the toddler mounts it.
Most scooters are made with super light material and don’t have any steering mechanism, it is important to ensure that you put into consideration the weight and construction design in mind.
The brakes are located behind and although most toddlers don’t really use it, it helps them to know that they are a stopping mechanism when necessary.
The following are some factors to consider when purchasing one.
How long will my scooter last?
- There is definitely no lifetime warranty on a scooter but with proper care, it should last longer for your growing toddler
How much are scooters?
- Depending on the brand and design, they cost anything from a couple of dollars to hundreds of dollars
How old can my toddler be before riding a scooter?
- Scooters come in various sizes and models, and kids as young as 12 months can ride on but supervised
Well, now that you have seen the best scooters for toddlers on the market, and reviews that fit just what they are; you can purchase one or use the guide to get one for your toddler.
The scooter is a powerful toy that can help with your child’s skills and cognitive ability; so whether if you are looking for one, it is best to choose one that will enhance your child’s abilities and have them fall in love with the outdoors.