This is a complete buyer’s guide to Best Scooter For 3 Year Old in 2022. 🤴
The best part?
We bought the 25 Scooter For 3 Year Old in the current market and reviewed them based on Safety, Cost, Storage and Transpiration, Handlebars, Deck, Wheels, Lean-to-Steer Mechanism, and Wheels.
And, finally, we came to 11 Of The Best Scooter For 3 Year Old to our readers. 📗
So without further ado, Let’s dive right in. 🎭
Our love for speed and fast-moving objects starts at a very young age, and children (toddlers) are not exempt from this category. Scooters are another addition to the mountain of toys they have, except this one moves.
Scooters are for everyone, no matter how old you are or if this is your first time on one. Kids love toys, and nothing will excite your toddler better than to be in control of their life.
If they have older siblings that ride scooters, it is just a matter of time before they beg you for one of their own. Any parents might feel they are too young, but what better way to get them started on the independent journey than from that age?
However, the conventional scooter is not built for young kids and can be well; a hazard waiting to happen if they mount one.
Nevertheless, because we know how insistent kids can be, we have rounded up the best scooters for our young riders, given you a comprehensive buying guide, and answered some frequently asked questions.
Best Scooter For 3 Year Old – Our Picks
Before we begin, we just want to remind you to get a solid helmet, knees, and elbow pads for your little rider.
1. Micro Kickboard Mini Scooters
The micro kickback mini scooter is one of the best for kids aged 2 to 5 years. It has some excellent features that will make your child feel like a pro in no time.
The 3-wheeler is the best value for design, price, and performance for children. Aside from the exercise they get from this scooter, these are some features we love, which puts it on our best scooter for 3 year old list.
- Super smooth and sleek design similar to a skateboard with excellent curves and turns
- The lower deck increases stability and safe steering, making it the safest for preschoolers too
- The lean design allows kids to control riding with their body weight
- Excellent scooter for learning how to balance, steer, and coordination
- Very quiet with superior quality wheels with flexible fiberglass deck with excellent shock absorber
- 3-wheel scooter with 5.5 inches wide foot deck for great balance and fewer falls.
- Great for kids with body weight up to 44 pounds
- Easy to transport and store
- Adjustable handlebars for taller kids
- Great for smooth surface riding only
- Tires are non-marking
- It has a brake system kids can easily step on to stop
- It comes in beautiful colors that kids will love
- It has a push assist that parents love
- It takes time for kids to know that their body weight is the controlling mechanism.
The micro kickback mini scooter is a top-of-a-line scooter for toddlers with an incredible design that kids enjoy. The skateboard feel ensures that kids are balanced, and stable with minimal injuries during a ride.
2. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter
If you are looking to introduce a scooter for your adrenaline-driven three-year-old that is safe and stable, this might be your best pick.
The Radio flyer, my 1st scooter, stays true to its name as it is the best beginner scooter for kids aged 2 years and above.
- Three-wheeler designs help to develop kid’s balance and coordination
- Wide and low deck with two front wheels for maximum support and weight distribution
- Excellent turning radius without compromising on safety and stability
- Comfortable texture, firm hand grips
- Great build for kids 2 to four years old
- Carries a body weight of 50 pounds
- The deck and handles are textured to aid balance on the scooter
- Speed is just right for kids
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight and easy to store
- It comes in two colors – pink and blue
- The turn radius is weak
- It is not foldable
Well, as beautiful as this design is, customers that have purchased it complained that it was too slow and the turn radius was poor. However, after testing the scooter, we think it is the right size, speed, and build for children, especially toddlers.
With the Royal Flyer My 1st scooter, your kids will learn all the basics of riding a scooter before transitioning to larger, faster brands.
At the time of our research on “Best Scooter For 3 Year Old”, we found a video about “9 Child Safety Principles Every Parent Needs to Know” which is worth watching.
3. Razor Junior Lil’ Kick Scooter
Razor is a brand name in scooter manufacturing and certainly didn’t fall flat in this one. This scooter is wow and will dazzle any scooter-loving and non-loving toddler.
This will kick a smaller model scooter straight from the stable of Razor for your little rider and is designed with any three years old in mind, making it put in our best scooter for 3 year old list.
- It comes with a low ground-to-deck clearance for stability and fewer injuries during a fall
- Broad slip-resistant foot deck for extra balance
- Wide wheels for stability
- Ergonomically T-bar padded handles for a good close grip
- Super sturdy steel frame scooter ensures that your tots stay on no matter what
- The deck can accommodate both feet for those toddlers that love risky moves
- For toddlers up to 44 pounds body weight
- The product dimension is 22.2 by 14.4 by 25.98 inches
- Exceptional scooter for three years and above kids
- It comes in two colors- pink and blue
- It needs assembling by an adult
- Lightweight and durable model
- Foldable scooter for easy storage
- The deck, handle, and other parts come in matching colors to attract the kids
- Not a very flashy scooter for kids
- The two wheels in the back tend to catch kids’ heel as they kickback to move.
Another model of scooter that stands on its own; is a fabulous, sturdy, and stable scooter for children. They will want Razor to consider changing the two back wheels to one to prevent it from catching on the heels.
Other than this little setback, Razor Lil’ kick scooter is a fantastic piece of creation for your little one and it is the best standard scooter for your toddler.
4. YBike GLX Pro Scooter
This very robust design has some intense color that is bound to have your tiny tots hooked on. The gender-neutral color allows parents to easily convince their little tots why the scooter suits them better.
However, the YBike GLX scooter for toddlers is an excellent build with great features that will grow with them, enhancing and improving their ride with each use.
It also comes in a smaller version, allowing you to choose the accurate size according to your child’s height.
- Three-wheel solid-built scooter for superior balance and stability
- It comes with a wide ABS reinforced deck for that super grip ensuring they stay on as it glides now the street
- The perfect scooter for 2 to 5-year-old toddler with body weight up to 44 pounds
- It comes with a wide rear wheel that balances out the front two-wheel for extra stability
- The sleek and smooth aluminum metal build
- The product dimension is 22.4 by 11.4 by 36 inches
- Lightweight and durable
- Excellent turn radius and very sturdy
- Adjustable grip handle and non-slip deck
- Excellent for children between the ages of 2 and 4 years
- Best child scooter to teach them how to roll, turn, stop and go
- The scooter is a great canvas as it can be painted on to make it looks different
- The child will need some coaching before being left on their own
- The brakes are removable but will wear faster
Although the YBike GLX Pro scooter for kids is a great beginner bike, it has one downside regarding the brake, as stated above.
Overall, this scooter is one your kid will enjoy for a long time and even pass it down to their younger ones.
5. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Scooter
Well, this very fun and teacher bike is great for parents who don’t feel comfortable allowing their kids to scoot down the street standing upright.
This very colorful and portable scooter is a sitting, standing and kickback. This scooter has different child-friendly buttons, is well-placed, and is accessible to the child.
- It has many learning songs that educate your toddler about shapes, numbers, alphabets, and simple everyday phrases.
- The rhymes are in three stages, from simple to well-advanced, allowing your tot to learn as they grow.
- Get for toddlers who are yet to start walking or are afraid of riding the regular scooter.
- Learning mode gets activated as the baby scoots along
- Dimensions are 22.5 by 10.1 by 13 inches and they weigh 5.5 pounds
- Great parent/kids interactive fun tool
- A good way to introduce kids to the world of scooters
- Affordable and lightweight
- All plastic and tires lack traction
Although it is a good scooter for starters, the Fisher-Price might be too small for large toddlers. However, the scooter is durable and fun for kids between the ages of 12 months and above but not for over 3 years old. Definitely worth the purchase as the first mobile gift for your little ones.
6. Little Tikes Lean to Turn Scooter
This scooter comes in various colors, so it is safe to say that if you have a feisty princess that loves the outdoors, it might be time to get her this scooter. This scooter, made for kids 2 to 4 years, is high-quality, strong, and easy to use.
The price might deter some parents, but the little tike lean scooter is durable and designed for toddlers learning the world of mobility.
- Large foot deck to accommodate little feet
- Non-slip saw dust deck for extra grip and safety during rides
- Removable handlebars make it easy to store and transport
- Three-wheel scooter for a sturdy and stable ride which boosts the rider’s confidence
- The lean-to-turn describes how the scooter leans when the toddler learns to turn when riding
- Low ground to deck height for increased safety while riding
- It weighs 4.9 pounds with dimensions 21.25 by 10.5 by 26.5 inches
- Can carry a maximum weight of 44 pounds
- 3 wheel scooter
- Develops your child’s physical and mental ability
- Fun, safe, and stable scooter to ride
- The controls are easy to master
- Available in various colors
- Portable design easy to carry, transport, and store
- The scooter is smooth and quiet during rides
- High-quality scooter and easy on the pocket
- Built with high-grade aluminum for durability and lightweight
- The lean-to-turn mechanism needs more work
If you are looking for safety, fun, and affordability, you want this bike. This little scooter has all the amenities for new riders or toddlers used to scooters.
The lightweight and build allow for easy transportation, storage, and the lower deck reduce the number of falls.
7. K2 Toddler 2-in 1 Adjustable Scooter
A scooter and a bike all in one with seconds to adjust or transform to either one you want. This scooter is smooth and sleek, making riding a breeze for newbies or kids used to the scooter.
A very delicate but sturdy design, this K2 toddler/tricycle has your kids zooming in no time with all the excellent features on it.
- Great for kids 2 to 6 years
- It can be converted into a tricycle with just a twist and lock option
- It gives the child two riding options – kickback or peddling
- Three wheels for superior balance in any mode
- Limited falls and injuries
- Adjustable handle for growing kids
- Certified ASTM F963 safe
- Smooth and safe rides every time
- Made from durable carbon steel, plastic, and aluminum alloy to withstand kids and their roughness
- Can carry up to 44 pounds
- Dimensions are 27.6 by 13.4 by 26.4 inches, and they weigh 4.62 pounds
- Great design and quality scooter by Swagtron
- Available in various colors
- Lightweight and durable
- Low ground to deck height
- The foot deck is textured for more grips
- The deck is too soft and tends to get weighed down by the child’s weight
As pretty as the scooter/tricycle is, customers complain about the handlebar wiggling when assembled, but there have been no reports of falls or injuries from kids riding on it.
The scooter is durable, but parents need to watch out that the rider’s weight is specified by the manufacturer on the pack.
8. ANCHEER Scooter for Kids Toddler 3-in-1
What is not to like about this scooter/tricycle? The design is the dream of any kid; an attractive body, elegant finish, and glowing multi-colored tires that will have your kids scooting away happily.
This scooter is perfect for beginners with its high performance and safety features. This scooter is excellent for improving your child’s skills and confidence.
- Well-constructed cute designs made especially for kids
- Adjustable and removable seat and handle
- 3-wheel drive for great balance and stability
- A great bike for kids 2 to 8 years
- Can carry a weight of 110 pounds
- Low wide deck with excellent grip with enough space for both feet
- Easy to use a brake that comes on by pressing on the back wheel
- Lean-to steer mechanism allows the child to use their body weight to get around easily
- Dimensions are 19.9 by 9.1 by21.1 inches and weigh 7.7 pounds
- Ultra-lightweight due to its aluminum alloy constructions, making it easy to carry around and store
- It can be a scooter or a tricycle allowing the kids to scoot or cycle around
- 3-level adjustable handle
- The foot deck also serves as the seat
- LED colored tires
Aside from the LED tires that flash different colors, the scooter comes in beautiful colors and a sturdy design that will grow with your child.
Furthermore, the Ancheer brand of kids’ scooters is well-constructed with safety features that will ensure your kids are always safe when riding.
9. 67i Kick Scooter for Kids Wide Deck 3
If a scooter can last more than the first year, you should get your hands on this scooter right now.
It is a great scooter for beginners or kids used to scooting around, but the bike is well-balanced and stable. The scooter will boost your kid’s confidence and increase their love for scooters once they take their first ride.
Below are some of the features of The 67i Kick Scooter for Kids Wide Deck 3 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Scooter For 3 Year Old.
- Adjustable handlebar with 4 level height adjustments from 22.8 inches to 29.92 inches
- It offers excellent control giving the scooter a good lean-to-steer mechanism with easy maneuverability.
- It helps kids develop their motor, coordination, and balance skills
- LED light-up wheels with a large deck for both feet to stay on comfortably
- Soft and textured handlebar for a firm grip
- Three-wheel stable and balanced scooter limiting injuries and falls
- Aluminum reinforced metal for lightweight and durability
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The 67i Kick Scooter for Kids Wide Deck 3 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Scooter For 3 Year Old to get in 2022.
- Easy to assemble and store due to the collapsible T-bar.
- Sturdy scooter with a weight capacity of 120 pounds
- A great scooter for kids younger or older than 3 years old
- Easy to turn and stop
- Comes fully assembled
- Two front wheels for extra balance
- It doesn’t come with batteries for LED tires
We love this scooter for so many reasons, and after a few kids scooted away on them, we love them even more. The scooter is lightweight and great for kids with perfect mechanics as they grow, boosting their confidence and skills.
Furthermore, this scooter is very stable and safe, but we don’t advise scooting indoors due to lack of traction with the floor and the possibility of floor marks.
10. Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike
Strider has been in the business of making scooters, bikes, and cycles for all age groups, and when it comes to kids’ scooters/bikes, they are doing pretty well. This toy is a great piece for kids that don’t like standing or love bikes.
It is good for 18 months to 3 years seat scooter with adjustable height and easy to maneuver for a smooth and balanced ride every time, making it put in our best scooter for 3 year old list.
- Potable and well-balanced scooters on the market
- Well-proportioned space between the handle and the seat makes it super comfortable for the rider
- Non-marking tires that will never go flat with decent traction
- Unique footbrake
- Sporty and lightweight frames for the kids
- Teaches kids how to balance without pedals
- Simple and durable design that will last years
- Weight 6.7 pounds with dimensions of 27.6 by 7.1 by 12.2 inches
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike that earned it a spot in our list of Best Scooter For 3 Year Old to get in 2022.
- Easy to handle and use
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to adjust seat and handlebar
- A plastic seat that won’t rip or come apart
- None for now
Strider is on our list for so many reasons- excellent built, nice frames and constructions, lightweight, easy use, and most importantly very safe for our kids.
Furthermore, it is a scooter that helps the development of the toddler and teaches them how to balance, ride, and build their confidence. For parents worried about their kids falling, Strider is well-balanced and allows them to balance well too.
Best Scooter For 3 Year Old: What To Consider
We have given you the best review on the best scooters that your kids will fall in love with while improving their cognitive ability, and skills. So listed below are some factors to look for before putting money down for a scooter for your three-year-old.
This is the first thing to consider because they are kids; it is paramount to ensure safety is never skipped. Aside from the bike being the right size for your toddler, you must ensure all the necessary safety gears like a helmet, knee and elbow pads among others.
You also have to ensure that all safety outfits are fitted properly and your kids should never ride their scooter without one. Furthermore, supervise your toddler while riding and never leave them alone on the street or far from your sight.
Most toddlers’ scooters are in the 50 dollars range or lower. Remember that they will outgrow it, so be cautious about investing top dollars on the scooter.
Ask your child too:-
Except you can read your child’s mind, it is always a safe option to ask them what color and type they will like or better, show them a picture of various types of scooters and have them choose for themselves.
Storage and Transpiration:-
Depending on the brand and model, most scooters can fold in half to allow for easy storing and transporting. So if your child loves riding all the time, try to purchase one that fold to ease storage problems
Thanks to technology and smart designs, handlebars are more ergonomically with textured pattern for increased grips giving your child that safety and power over the scooter
This is the utmost of the scooter where the kids place their feet when riding a scooter. For safety and comfort, it is necessary to make sure that the deck is non-slip and firm.
The wheels on most scooters are three in number; it is not just for fancy, but to allow equal weight distribution when the toddler mounts it.
The Lean-to-Steer Mechanism:-
Most scooters are made with super light material and don’t have any steering mechanism, it is important to ensure that you put into consideration the weight and construction design in mind.
The brakes are located behind and although most toddlers don’t use it, it helps them to know that they are a stopping mechanism when necessary.
The following are some factors to consider when purchasing one.
📗 FAQs on Best Scooter For 3 Year Old
Below are a few queries on Best Scooter For 3 Year Old that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
How long will my scooter last?
There is definitely no lifetime warranty on a scooter but with proper care, it should last longer for your growing toddler
How much are scooters?
Depending on the brand and design, they cost anything from a couple of dollars to hundreds of dollars.
How old can my toddler be before riding a scooter?
Scooters come in various sizes and models, and kids as young as 12 months can ride on but supervised.
Well, now that you have seen the best scooters for toddlers on the market, and reviews that fit just what they are; you can purchase one or use the guide to get one for your toddler.
The scooter is a powerful toy that can help with your child’s skills and cognitive ability, so whether if you are looking for one, it is best to choose one that will enhance your child’s abilities and have them fall in love with the outdoors.