English is one of the most spoken languages all across the globe. There are more than 200 billion speakers of English all over the world. Therefore, many people want to have a good knowledge of this international language.
When it comes to learning any language, childhood is the best time. If you are looking for a perfect way that allows your children to learn English quickly, then the English learning app for kids can be one of the best options for you.
According to the latest researches, children can learn any language quickly as compared to adults. Kids who know multiple languages are more creative than the ones who do not.
But why English learning apps are the best method for teaching English to kids? It is because they offer various pictures and videos which can hold the attention of the children for a long time. Hence, they provide an effortless way to learn the language.
English learning is no longer limited to simple printed textbooks. These apps also help to improve the pronunciation of young learners.
Some apps also provide games to revise the lessons. It helps to enhance the skills of the kids naturally. The best thing about using the apps for learning English is that you can choose any time that suits you best.
In the below article, we have provided the best English learning apps for kids. These apps will provide your children with an interactive learning experience.
Let’s have a look at them in detail in the following sections of this article.
Best English Learning App For Kids: Our Pick 👌
When it comes to learning English, then it is impossible to ignore this excellent app. It provides songs, stories, and games that allow children to learn English effortlessly.
It will help kids with five different topics, which include nature, animals, foods, places, etc. For example, you’ll find that the first lesson is about bathroom objects. Children will learn new words about the activities they perform daily, like brushing their teeth.
Lingokids also provide games that allow the kids to improve their English skills like reading, writing, and listening. This app also features many interesting short stories and English songs. It makes the language easier to learn, along with fun.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Lingokids app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- The amusing music, along with lovely pictures offered by this app, makes the learning process effortless. Kids can easily relate what they have learned due to practical knowledge.
- The various topics and content provided by this app make it a great source to learn English. All the content present on this app tries to fulfill the learning goals of the user.
- Children can practice their reading, listening skills by learning new vocabulary simultaneously.
- It also provides a feature of registering email addresses to receive updated information about the learning process for the kids.
- It is available for Android as well as the IOS operating system.
- The app doesn’t provide an option for monthly payments. Hence, the users have to make a yearly payment, which can be expensive.
- The subtitles are not present in the guiding content. Therefore, it can be challenging for parents who do not have a good knowledge of English to assist their kids.
2. Monkey Junior
Monkey Junior is one of the best English learning apps for kids. It consists of more than 3000 lessons that focus on English pronunciation and vocabulary. Kids can also learn some other languages with this app.
Parents can choose the level according to the skill of their kids. Every level consists of several exciting lessons that help the kids to learn the language in a funny way.
The app features real pictures in the content of the lessons. It allows the children to learn the language with the objects that they observe in their everyday routine.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Monkey Junior app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- The diversified content, along with a significant number of lessons is excellent to meet the learning goals of every kid.
- The app is available in many different languages. Hence, the parents who do not have even proper knowledge of English can assist their children during the learning process.
- This app also offers phonetics of several words. It helps the kids to get more familiar with the terms that they are listening to for the first time.
- You can save the lessons to study further. The ‘continue’ option allows the user to continue the lesson from where they have left.
- This app also helps to develop listening skills in children.
- It provides progress reports from time to time. Hence, parents can review the progress of the kids using this app.
- The random choice of lessons in this app prevents the kids from choosing their favorite ones.
- This app doesn’t receive monthly payments. It means users need to pay a minimum for a year while registering on this app. Hence, it can be expensive for people having a low budget.
- There are no lessons for writing or speaking skills.
This app is available for Android as well as IOS-powered smartphones. If you find this app helpful, you can download it from the below links.
3. Fun English
If you are looking for an excellent English learning app for kids, then Fun English can be an excellent option for you. It offers several exciting topics, including the human body, fruits, colors, animals, clothes, and many others.
Each topic consists of many games. It allows the kids to choose the items that they like the most. It also contains a multiplayer option, which makes the learning process easier and motivated.
Many apps focus on providing random topics that can make the kids bored. However, this application raises the curiosity of the children to learn about what they like. Therefore, it can help the children to learn English more naturally than the other sources.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Fun English app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- This app contains a vast number of free lessons for users. Hence, it can be an excellent option for parents who do not have huge money to spend. Moreover, users can purchase the lessons whenever they require it.
- It also allows the user to practice speaking and listening skills.
- This app support is also available in some other languages, including Vietnamese.
- The app provides several games that allow the children to learn the language along with fun.
- The speed of the games available in this is fast. Hence, the learners must have good reactions while playing the games. It makes it unsuitable for kids who are less than five years of age.
- The app has a record option that allows the kids to listen to their own voices. However, it doesn’t show the learners whether they have pronounced correctly or not.
This app is available for smartphones having an Android or IOS operating system. If you want to try this fantastic learning app for your kid, then you can click on the below links to download.
At the time of our research on Best English Learning App For Kids, we found a video about “10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Any Child In a Minute” which is worth watching.
4. English For Kids
It is impossible to ignore this excellent app for parents who are looking for the best English learning app for kids. This app consists of a variety of games that concentrates on helping kids to learn English.
The best thing about this app is that it is entirely free. It means that the users don’t even have to pay a penny for using this app. Hence, it can be an excellent option for parents who can’t afford to spend large amounts on learning apps.
The games on this app can be divided into four below groups:-
- Flashcard: It allows the children to learn new words on several topics, including animals, flowers, birds, clothes, etc.
- Sentence Games: These games allow the kids to practice different sentence patterns. It consists of choosing the correct picture, Yes/NO, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Word Games: It helps the kids to learn new words randomly. Kids have a give a correct answer to the question asked in the games.
- Sentence: It enables the kids to learn simple sentence patterns, including personal introduction, activity description, etc.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the English For Kids app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- Kids can freely select their favorite topics or games. Word games can provide random lessons that help to make the learning process natural and more relaxed.
- It allows the kids to learn new words as well as sentence patterns. This app also enables the user to practice writing and listening skills.
- This app doesn’t charge any fees for the lessons.
- The simple design of this app makes it easy to use. Hence, parents can easily use it without having an excellent knowledge of English.
- This app doesn’t provide an option to improve speaking and pronunciation skills. Hence, parents need to look for some other app to check the pronunciation of their kids.
- It doesn’t contain animated pictures like other apps. Hence, it can sometimes be challenging for the kids to figure out the correct words after seeing the image.
You can use this app in Android as well as IOS devices. For downloading this app.
5. Learn English Kids: Playtime
It is one of the great English learning apps for kids. This app consists of several English songs and stories, which makes the learning process interesting for the kids.
The pictures available on this app are lovely, along with the beautiful music. Hence, it can hold the attention of the kids for a long duration.
It consists of videos on more than 20 different topics to explain every detail naturally. The videos recorded by the native speakers help the kids to learn correct pronunciation and intonation. This app also contains games to revise and practice the previous topics.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Learn English Kids: Playtime app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- This app not only allows the kids to learn vocabulary and sentence patterns but also helps them to know about culture and history. Hence, it helps the children to develop appropriately.
- It consists of attractive and colorful drawings that can effortlessly hold their attention for a long time. Hence, they can learn the language along with playing.
- This app helps the kids to know the right pronunciation of the words.
- It contains subtitles in every video, which helps the learners to understand every word correctly.
- The subscription cost for this app is affordable for middle-class people. Therefore, it can be excellent for parents who have an average or low budget.
- This app doesn’t contain the option for word meaning or word saving. It sometimes can be challenging for the kids to remember hard words.
- It doesn’t offer any progress report to know the parents what their kids have learned.
- There is no option to practice speaking or pronunciation skills. Hence, parents need to find other apps if they want their kids to practice these skills.
This app is supported in devices having an Android or IOS operating system. If you want to try this app.
6. eJOY Learn English with videos
If you are looking for an app that can work on multiple platforms like mobile, computer, and Ipad, then you can try eJOY. It consists of more than 50,000 videos based on various topics.
All these videos are categorized in several levels from beginners to advance. The best part about this app is that it contains appealing topics along with diversified music.
Word meaning searching function even while watching the videos makes this app more effective than others.
It allows the kids to find the meaning of the words that they are listening for the first time without any mess. All the videos present in this app consists of subtitles arranged in several levels properly.
The app also offers the saving of new words, which makes it more functional. It also comprises simple games that help the children to revise the lessons.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the eJOY Learn English with videos app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- This app contains 50,000 videos on different topics. It allows the users to select the topics and levels that suit them best.
- Even adults can use this app to improve their English skills and vocabulary.
- The monthly payment options allow the user to pay according to their demand.
- It allows the kids to practice speaking, writing and listening.
- This app keeps a record of the daily study progress. It helps the parents to know the topics that their kids have learned.
- The design and interface of this app are complicated. Hence, kids need the support of their parents to use this app.
- Users cannot save more than 100 vocabularies in the free version. However, they can upgrade to the PRO version for exploring new words.
It is available for smartphones having Android as well as the IOS operating system. If you wish to download this app.
7. Duolingo: Learn English Free
If you are looking for a highly interactive app to learn English for your children, then Duolingo can be an excellent option for you. Every kid learns at a different pace.
This app allows the kid to understand the topics according to their speed. It can help the kids to take their language skills to the next level in a fun way.
However, the kids must know about reading to use this app. Hence, it is not recommended for kids below four years of age.
This app not only allows learning English but also some other languages, including French, German, and Spanish. It consists of short lessons that can help you practice listening, speaking, and writing.
Hence, kids can effortlessly improve their vocabulary using this app. The fun mini-lessons feel like games to the children.
- The interface of this app is simple and easy to use.
- It helps to develop the speaking, listening as well as writing skills of the kids. The audio and written classes present in this app helps to reinforce pronunciation effortlessly.
- This app consists of levels with attractive themes for proper understanding.
- Users don’t need to make any payment for using this app. Hence, it can be the right option for people who cannot afford high-paying tutors for their children.
- The shiny achievements allow the parents to track the progress of their kids.
- It is also useful to learn languages other than English, including German, Spanish, French, and many others.
- The free version allows the users to make only five mistakes a day unless they upgrade to the paid version.
- It can be challenging for users who do not have basic knowledge of the language.
It is compatible with Android, as well as the IOS device.
8. Pili Pop
It is one of the best English learning apps for kids known today. This app comprises of 40 different activities which-h aims to teach considerable vocabulary to learners.
It can help the kids to learn colors, numbers, household appliances, food, and many other things. The exciting games present in this app can help the children to learn in a fun way without any stress.
This app is also the winner of the Parents’ Choice award. It proves that many parents trust this source for teaching English to their children. The fun and challenging activities present in this app help the children to remember new words by playing.
The difficulty level also increases gradually from words to sentences, which makes it perfect from beginners to advanced learners.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Pili Pop app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- The different activities and diversified contents allow the learners to improve their language skills in a fun way.
- The new activities provided by the app every month helps the kids to revise the topics properly.
- It contains an audiovisual dictionary, which makes practicing easy and fun.
- The unique word recognition technology helps the children to improve their pronunciation.
- There is monthly as well as a yearly payment option available for the users. You can choose the one that suits you best according to your requirements.
- It provides a monthly progress report to the mail of the parents. It helps the parents the vocabulary learned along with the necessary references.
- The paid version can be expensive for users having a low budget.
- The interface of this app can be complicated for users who don’t know how to use mobile properly.
- This app is compatible with devices having Android, as well as the IOS operating system.
Things to consider while using English learning apps for kids
- Do not let the kids less than 18 months to use smartphones alone. Always allow them to use phones under the supervision of an adult.
- Avoid letting your kids use mobiles or apps for more than one hour.
- Check the progress of your children frequently to know what they have learned.
- Communicate with your kids on different topics in English to develop their language skills in a fun way.
- Ask your children about what they have learned and revised the topics with them, if possible.
English learning apps for kids is an excellent way to teach English to your children. It allows the kids to learn the language in a fun manner.
Earlier, textbooks were the only way to learn any language. However, the enhancement in technology has provided the means by which we can learn a new language anywhere.
The best thing about using this method is that it develops the skills of children without putting pressure on them. The unique interface and activities provided in these apps help the kids to enhance their speaking, listening, and reading skills.
The beautiful pictures, along with lovely music, can hold the attention of the kids for a long time.
The progress report is another impressive feature provided by these apps. It helps the parents to know the progress of their kids. You can choose the best app for your kid by reading the above features.
We have also provided the pros and cons of every app to help you choose the best one according to your requirement. Moreover, you can select the paid or the free app according to your budget.