English is one of the most spoken languages across the globe. There are more than 200 billion speakers of English all over the world. Therefore, many people want to know this international language well.
When it comes to learning any language, childhood is the best time. If you are looking for a perfect way for your children to learn English quickly, then the English learning app for kids can be one of the best options.
According to the latest research, children can learn any language faster than adults. Kids who know multiple languages are more creative than the ones who do not.
But why English learning apps are the best method for teaching English to kids? They offer various pictures and videos that can hold the children’s attention for a long time. Hence, they provide an effortless way to learn the language.
English learning is no longer limited to simple printed textbooks. These apps also help to improve the pronunciation of young learners.
Some apps also provide games to revise the lessons. It helps to enhance the skills of the kids naturally. The best thing about using apps for learning English is that you can choose any time that suits you best.
In the below article, we have provided the best English learning apps for kids. These apps will provide your children with an interactive learning experience.
Let’s look at them in detail in the following sections of this article.
Best English Learning App For Kids – Our Pick👌
When learning English, it is impossible to ignore this excellent app. It provides songs, stories, and games that allow children to learn English effortlessly.
It will help kids with five topics: nature, animals, food, places, etc. For example, you’ll find that the first lesson is about bathroom objects. Children will learn new words about daily activities, like brushing their teeth.
Lingokids also provide games that allow the kids to improve their English skills, like reading, writing, and listening.
This app also features many interesting short stories and English songs. It makes the language easier to learn, along with fun.
- The amusing music and the lovely pictures offered by this app make the learning process effortless. Kids can easily relate to what they have learned due to practical knowledge.
- This app’s various topics and content make it a great source for learning English. All the content on this app tries to fulfill the learning goals of the user.
- Children can practice their reading and listening skills by learning new vocabulary simultaneously.
- It also provides a feature for registering email addresses to receive updated information about the learning process for the kids.
- It is available for Android as well as the IOS operating system.
- The app doesn’t provide an option for monthly payments. Hence, the users must make a yearly payment, which can be expensive.
- The subtitles are not present in the guiding content. Therefore, it can be challenging for parents who do not have a good knowledge of English to assist their kids.
2. Monkey Junior
Monkey Junior is one of the best English learning apps for kids. It consists of more than 3000 lessons that focus on English pronunciation and vocabulary. Kids can also learn some other languages with this app.
Parents can choose the level according to the skill of their kids. Every level consists of several exciting lessons that help the kids to learn the language funnily.
The app features real pictures in the content of the lessons. It allows the children to learn the language with the objects they observe daily.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Monkey Junior app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- The diversified content, along with a significant number of lessons, is excellent for meeting the learning goals of every kid.
- The app is available in many different languages. Hence, parents who do not have even proper knowledge of English can assist their children during the learning process.
- This app also offers the phonetics of several words. It helps the kids get more familiar with the terms they are listening to for the first time.
- You can save the lessons to study further. The ‘continue’ option allows the user to continue the lesson from where they have left off.
- This app also helps to develop listening skills in children.
- It provides progress reports from time to time. Hence, parents can review the progress of the kids using this app.
- This app’s random choice of lessons prevents the kids from choosing their favorite ones.
- This app doesn’t receive monthly payments. It means users must pay a minimum of a year while registering on this app. Hence, it can be expensive for people having a low budget.
- There are no lessons for writing or speaking skills.
This app is available for Android as well as IOS-powered smartphones. If you find this app helpful, download it from the links below.
3. Fun English
If you are looking for an excellent English learning app for kids, then Fun English can be an excellent option.
It offers several exciting topics, including the human body, fruits, colors, animals, clothes, etc.
Each topic consists of many games. It allows the kids to choose the items that they like the most. It also contains a multiplayer option, which makes the learning process easier and more motivating.
Many apps focus on providing random topics that can make the kids bored. However, this application raises the children’s curiosity about what they like.
Therefore, it can help the children to learn English more naturally than the other sources.
- This app contains a vast number of free lessons for users. Hence, it can be an excellent option for parents who do not have huge money to spend. Moreover, users can purchase the lessons whenever they require them.
- It also allows the user to practice speaking and listening skills.
- This app support is also available in some other languages, including Vietnamese.
- The app provides several games that allow the children to learn the language along with fun.
- The speed of the games available in this is fast. Hence, the learners must have good reactions while playing the games. It makes it unsuitable for kids under five years of age.
- The app has a recording option allowing kids to listen to their voices. However, it doesn’t show the learners whether they have pronounced it correctly or not.
This app is available for smartphones having an Android or IOS operating system. If you want to try this fantastic learning app for your kid.
4. English For Kids
It is impossible to ignore this excellent app for parents looking for the best English learning app for kids. This app consists of various games that concentrate on helping kids learn English.
The best thing about this app is that it is entirely free. It means the users don’t even have to pay a penny to use this app.
Hence, it can be an excellent option for parents who can’t afford to spend large amounts on learning apps.
The games on this app can be divided into four groups:-
- Flashcard: It allows the children to learn new words on several topics, including animals, flowers, birds, clothes, etc.
- Sentence Games: These games allow the kids to practice different sentence patterns. It consists of choosing the correct picture, Yes/NO, filling in the blanks, etc.
- Word Games: These help the kids to learn new words randomly. Kids have a correct answer to the question asked in the games.
- Sentence: It enables the kids to learn simple sentence patterns, including personal introduction, activity description, etc.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the English For Kids app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- Kids can freely select their favorite topics or games. Word games can provide random lessons that help to make the learning process natural and more relaxed.
- It allows the kids to learn new words as well as sentence patterns. This app also enables the user to practice writing and listening skills.
- This app doesn’t charge any fees for the lessons.
- The simple design of this app makes it easy to use. Hence, parents can easily use it without having an excellent knowledge of English.
- This app doesn’t provide an option to improve speaking and pronunciation skills. Hence, parents need to look for another app to check their kids’ pronunciation.
- It doesn’t contain animated pictures like other apps. Hence, it can sometimes be challenging for the kids to figure out the correct words after seeing the image.
You can use this app on Android as well as IOS devices.
5. Learn English Kids: Playtime
It is one of the great English learning apps for kids. This app consists of several English songs and stories, making the kids’ learning process interesting.
The pictures available on this app are lovely, along with the beautiful music. Hence, it can hold the kids’ attention for a long duration.
It consists of videos on more than 20 different topics to explain every detail naturally. The videos recorded by native speakers help the kids to learn correct pronunciation and intonation. This app also contains games to revise and practice the previous topics.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Learn English Kids: Playtime app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- This app allows the kids to learn vocabulary and sentence patterns and helps them know about culture and history. Hence, it helps the children to develop appropriately.
- It consists of attractive, colorful drawings that can effortlessly hold their attention for a long. Hence, they can learn the language along with playing.
- This app helps the kids to know the right pronunciation of the words.
- It contains subtitles in every video, which helps the learners to understand every word correctly.
- The subscription cost for this app is affordable for middle-class people. Therefore, it can be excellent for average or low-budget parents.
- This app doesn’t contain the option for word meaning or word saving. It can sometimes be challenging for the kids to remember hard words.
- It doesn’t offer any progress report to know the parents what their kids have learned.
- There is no option to practice speaking or pronunciation skills. Hence, parents need to find other apps if they want their kids to practice these skills.
This app is supported on devices having an Android or IOS operating system. If you want to try this app.
6. eJOY Learn English with videos
If you are looking for an app that can work on multiple platforms like mobile, computer, and Ipad, then you can try eJOY. It consists of more than 50,000 videos based on various topics.
All these videos are categorized into several levels, from beginners to advance. The best part about this app is that it contains appealing topics and diversified music.
Even while watching the videos, the word-meaning search function makes this app more effective than others.
It allows the kids to find the meaning of the words they are listening to for the first time without the mess. All the videos in this app contain subtitles arranged on several levels properly.
The app also offers the saving of new words, which makes it more functional. It also comprises simple games that help the children to revise the lessons.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the eJOY Learn English with videos app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- This app contains 50,000 videos on different topics. It allows the users to select the topics and levels that suit them best.
- Even adults can use this app to improve their English skills and vocabulary.
- The monthly payment options allow the user to pay according to their demand.
- It allows the kids to practice speaking, writing, and listening.
- This app keeps a record of the daily study progress. It helps the parents to know the topics that their kids have learned.
- The design and interface of this app are complicated. Hence, kids need the support of their parents to use this app.
- Users cannot save more than 100 vocabularies in the free version. However, they can upgrade to the PRO version to explore new words.
It is available for smartphones with Android and the IOS operating system. If you wish to download this app.
7. Duolingo: Learn English Free
If you are looking for a highly interactive app to learn English for your children, then Duolingo can be an excellent option. Every kid learns at a different pace.
This app allows the kid to understand the topics according to their speed. It can help the kids to take their language skills to the next level in a fun way.
However, the kids must know about reading to use this app. Hence, it is not recommended for kids below four years of age.
This app allows learning English and some other languages, including French, German, and Spanish. It consists of short lessons that can help you practice listening, speaking, and writing.
Hence, kids can effortlessly improve their vocabulary using this app. The fun mini-lessons feel like games to the children.
- The interface of this app is simple and easy to use.
- It helps to develop the speaking, listening as well as writing skills of the kids. The audio and written classes in this app help reinforce pronunciation effortlessly.
- This app consists of levels with attractive themes for proper understanding.
- Users don’t need to make any payment to use this app. Hence, it can be the right option for people who cannot afford high-paying tutors for their children.
- The shiny achievements allow the parents to track the progress of their kids.
- It is also useful to learn languages other than English, including German, Spanish, French, and many others.
- The free version allows the users to make only five mistakes a day unless they upgrade to the paid version.
- It can be challenging for users who do not have basic knowledge of the language.
It is compatible with Android as well as the IOS device.
8. Pili Pop
It is one of the best English learning apps for kids known today. This app comprises 40 different activities which aim to teach considerable vocabulary to learners.
It can help the kids to learn colors, numbers, household appliances, food, and many other things. The exciting games present in this app can help children to learn in a fun way without any stress.
This app is also the winner of the Parents’ Choice award. It proves that many parents trust this source to teach their children English.
The fun and challenging activities in this app help the children remember new words by playing.
The difficulty level increases gradually from words to sentences, making it perfect for beginners to advanced learners.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Pili Pop app that makes it add to the Best English Learning App For Kids list.
- The different activities and diversified contents allow the learners to improve their language skills in a fun way.
- The new activities the app provides monthly help the kids revise the topics properly.
- It contains an audiovisual dictionary, which makes practicing easy and fun.
- The unique word recognition technology helps the children to improve their pronunciation.
- There are monthly and yearly payment options available for users. You can choose the one that suits you best according to your requirements.
- It provides a monthly progress report to the mail of the parents. It helps the parents learn the vocabulary learned along with the necessary references.
- The paid version can be expensive for users having a low budget.
- The interface of this app can be complicated for users who don’t know how to use mobile properly.
- This app is compatible with Android devices and the IOS operating system.
Things to consider while using English learning apps for kids
- Do not let kids less than 18 months use smartphones alone. Always allow them to use phones under the supervision of an adult.
- Avoid letting your kids use mobiles or apps for more than one hour.
- Check the progress of your children frequently to know what they have learned.
- Communicate with your kids on different topics in English to develop their language skills in a fun way.
- Ask your children about what they have learned and revise the topics with them, if possible.
Final Words on the English learning app for kids list
English learning apps for kids are an excellent way to teach English to your children. It allows the kids to learn the language in a fun manner.
Earlier, textbooks were the only way to learn any language. However, the enhancement in technology has provided how we can learn a new language anywhere.
The best thing about using this method is that it develops the skills of children without putting pressure on them. The unique interface and activities provided in these apps help the kids to enhance their speaking, listening, and reading skills.
The beautiful pictures and lovely music can hold the kids’ attention for a long time.
The progress report is another impressive feature provided by these apps. It helps the parents to know the progress of their kids. You can choose the best app for your kid by reading the above features.
We have also provided the pros and cons of every app to help you choose the best one according to your requirement. Moreover, you can select the paid or the free app according to your budget.