Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Apps To Learn Spanish in the easiest and fun way? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 👓
If you are looking to learn Spanish, there are millions of online classes, podcasts, and free online videos that will help you with that, but they aren’t as easy as you would think.
Learning a new language for whatever reason isn’t an effortless task, especially for non-natives. However, if you have a smartphone or laptop, you can learn any language faster and efficiently anywhere you are even on a flight?
Spanish is a beautiful language to learn; it is sexy, confident, and spoken by a majority of people around the world. Whether you live in the United States or outside its borders, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world.
So do you want to speak Spanish, or do your job entails you speak or learn the language? If you can’t afford a class right now, there are great Spanish apps that you can use to learn Spanish like a pro. If you are ready, let get started.
Best Apps To Learn Spanish: Our Top Pick
1. Duolingo – Learn And Study A Foreign Language
Duolingo is a fun language app that enables you to speak not only Spanish but any language of your choice. The app available on the Duolingo website, iOS, or Android has got many people speaking Spanish like a pro with its excellent user interface.
The app has a 4.7 rating and 100 million downloads on the Google Play Store making it one of the most downloaded language app on the internet. Whether you are learning the language for keeps or not, Duolingo will have you conversing and reading in Spanish sooner than later.
The developers have taken this app up a notch to make interested users learn whatever language they choose. It is a fun game that covers all aspects of inclusive learning from speaking, vocabulary, and grammar, and conversation skills.
Furthermore, the lessons are repeated daily to enable you to catch up with the previous class and improve your Spanish one Spanish at a time.
Below are some of the features of the Duolingo learn Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Starts with the essential – parts of speech including, verbs, phrases and then progressively into sentences
- Teaches you the correct pronunciation with a proper Spanish accent
- Simple and educative way to learn Spanish
- Ability to track your progress to enable you to reach your goals faster
- It is free – enjoy Spanish with so much fun with no hidden charges
- Learn by playing – just like kids, the app uses fun, and games to enable you to remember and comprehend better
- Spend 34 hours on the Duolingo app and you have spent a semester in a Spanish class
- Short and straightforward lessons
- A very effective way to learn Spanish or any other language
Although the app contains ads and in-app purchases, Duolingo was tagged as the best language learning app by The Wall Street Journal, and with over 100 million downloads, they must be doing something right. If you are ready to learn or improve your Spanish, you can’t have a better learning app than Duolingo.
2. FluentU: Learn Language with Videos
If you are looking to learn any language, Spanish inclusive in a more interactive manner, then this is the app for you. The FluentU app is available on iOS, Android, and on their website for language enthusiasts looking to do some tongue twisters in a different language.
With rave reviews and a unique method of teaching language, will have you speaking Spanish like you were born in Spain, Fluently?
This educational language app with a total of 100,000 downloads will help you get rid of the boring textbooks for real-time experience using videos you can relate with, thereby enabling you to hold on to what is been learned faster with optimum comprehension.
Below are some of the features of the FluentU: Learn Language with Videos learns Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Uses interactive videos like adverts, sports, news, or other inspiring documentation, talks, and real-life experiences and turn them into a language learning class for you
- Ability to learn other languages including, Chinese, German, French, Japanese, Mandarin, Italian, and many more
- Available in all levels allowing beginners to take hold of the simple to use learning app effectively
- Uses a natural approach to ease foreigners learn the language instead of a scripted robotic tutor
- Learn Spanish as it is spoken in real life with the accent and the attitude
- Contains no ads
- Fun and easy to use
- Free but contains in-app purchases to get access to a better learning experience
- Engaging and interesting
- A more organized way to learn Spanish or other languages
Aside from the in-app purchase, FluentU is an app that will have you speaking Spanish or any other language like a pro in no distant time. Keen on speaking a new tongue, download the FluentU app now.
3. Rosetta Stone: Learn Languages
Learning a new language shouldn’t be hard or confusing, Rosetta Stone uses famous learning techniques and tactics to teach people languages.
Released in 2013, this is perhaps the oldest language app on the internet, and if 10 million downloads are anything to go by, you will be speaking Spanish or any other language like a native.
Rosetta Stone app is not entirely free, users intending to use this app will get a three-day free trial period to which they will decide to continue or discontinue on or before it is over.
Furthermore, unlike most language app, Rosetta teaches Spanish using the Spanish language so that users can quickly become conversant with the vocabulary and also enables memorization and efficient fluency of the Spanish language.
Below are some of the features of the Rosetta Stone learn Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Learn Spanish the original way like a parent to a child creating inclusive attention and interaction
- Ability to schedule a private tutoring class with a tutor
- Teaches language by sight
- Improves your conversational skill with extra attention to grammar, vocabulary, and intonation
- Adopts TrueAccent technology that recognized when a word is incorrectly spoken in Spanish to enable learners to master the language the Spanish way
- Rosetta Stone’s Dynamic Immersion method builds learners for productive conversation
- Ability to rehearse what is been taught offline to catch up
- Learn Spanish and 23 other languages of your choice including Latin American Spanish and Span’s Spanish and many more
- Start learning from the basics – pleasantries, common phrases, questions, introduction, and simple sentences to start or continue a conversation
- It contains no ads, but in-app purchases are available
With numerous awards including, the 2018 Platinum award by the best mobile app as the best educational app, PCMag Editors’ Choice and 2017 be productivity & Utility App by Mobile UX award, Rosetta Stone language app is one of the best for learning Spanish like a pro.
4. Learn Spanish with SpeakTribe
If you are looking for a simple, user-friendly app to learn Spanish, you have met the perfect app to help you have fun while you master the art of speaking Spanish effortlessly.
Available on Google Play Store, this app with over a million downloads, will have you speaking Spanish in less than a week.
SpeakTribe uses fun games and interactive sessions to make learners more aware of the Spanish language, thereby encourage efficient comprehension.
SpeakTribe app capitalizes on the sense of listening to get the learner to understand and implement what is been taught. Also, it makes use of prepositions, conjunctions, and basic Spanish terms to increase how other parts of speech interact to ensure your Spanish is smooth and fluid.
Below are some of the features of the Learn Spanish with SpeakTribe learn Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Fun classes include vocabulary, grammar, and conversations as it applies in the real-world
- Play your way to better Spanish language
- Teaches incorrect Spanish accent and tones
- A helpful app to polish your Spanish
- Great beginner app to learn Spanish
Overall, this is a free app but has some in-app purchases if you want to enhance your Spanish tremendously.
Elayaa is a new, modular program for Spanish learning. Inside the learning platform, you will find more than 100 video lessons divided into 18 Units, grammar sheets, tests, exercises, podcasts, and graded readings.
The video lessons are short, dynamic, and at the same time full of content and new information. Every video lesson is very engaging and easy to follow. It means no boring content even during the most difficult explanations.
The big advantage of Elayaa’s course is that besides the complete learning platform you can also book individual or group lessons with a qualified native Spanish-speaking teacher.
So that you can speak in Spanish and put into real practice with a teacher what you have learned on the learning platform.
As soon as you enroll in a course you are interested in, you will instantly receive access to the learning platform. If you choose a package with live lessons included, you will be able to book them directly from your personal account.
You will find 4 different package offers: FREE Lessons, EXPRESS Total, PREMIUM, and PREMIUM +Plus.
EXPRESS Total is for independent learners who prefer to study on their own with the learning platform and don’t want to have live lessons with a teacher.
PREMIUM is a perfect combination between learning and practice. This package includes the complete learning platform and 10 conversation classes. You will be able to book them whenever you want according to the schedule.
So, you can study at your own pace, practice, and speak Spanish with a teacher and other students during your live conversation classes.
PREMIUM +Plus seems to be the final solution for people who want to personalize their course, learn, and speak Spanish completely. There are 20 One-to-One lessons included with a qualified native Spanish-speaking teacher, plus 10 conversation lessons and Elayaa’s complete learning platform.
You can book the lessons whenever you want. The schedule of the lessons is very flexible.
You can also sign up for Elayaa’s FREE Lessons and see for yourself how their course and lessons work >>>
- Complete and structured program from beginner to advanced level
- Animated video lessons make each video engaging and easy to follow
- Ability to book live lessons with a teacher and put into real practice what you have learned on the platform
- Continuously training of Spanish Listening Comprehension during each lesson
- Lifetime access to the learning platform
- Each video lesson is followed by clear grammar sheets (downloadable)
- Comprehension exercises after each video lesson
- Educational Support in case you have any doubts or questions regarding any topic. Just write them and you will receive the answer
- Subtitles in English, Spanish and other languages are available
All in one place! Learn the Spanish language, grammar, vocabulary, expressions, etc. on the learning platform at your own pace and practice everything whenever you want with a teacher and other students.
At the time of our research on “Best Apps To Learn Spanish”, we found a video about “300 Words Every Spanish Beginner Must Know” which is worth watching. 🏆
6. LinguaTV Language Learning
This language app is an interactive Spanish learning app that enables people to improve or learn how to speak Spanish through videos, games, and exercises, released in 2017; this user-friendly app uses trial and proven methods to help you master a foreign language easily.
It is so easy that the app can be used anywhere and by anyone looking to build an extensive Spanish vocabulary to improve their intonation and accent.
Below are some of the features of the LinguaTV learn Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Comes with lessons for beginners and teachers
- Motivational tools to boost your morale and improve the language
- Learn other languages effectively with this app
- Offer correct pronunciation from native speakers through the listening mode
Also, the LinguaTV app is an excellent educational app that can be used in the classrooms; it comes with a complete teacher’s guide to aid teachers to teach Spanish the right way.
- The video format is used to explain topics for better understanding
- Interactive games to get learners to want to learn more
- All learning materials can be downloaded to enable extra studying at your own time
- Comes with an in-built dictionary
Although the app is a paid app, it is worth the amount spent and a great way to learn or teach Spanish. For more information, download the app on Google Play Store.
7. Lingoda Chat
If you decide that talking or listening to a robot or simply going through the different menus and programs in the app isn’t enough for you.
Now you have an app that enables you to interact with real people in groups or in a private lesson to learn Spanish.
This online interaction causes you to experience Spanish directly from a Spanish person that will ensure that you learn everything, including a conversation, proper comprehension, and grammatical pronunciations.
Below are some of the features of the Lingoda Chat learn Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- It is not free
- Entertaining and interactive classes that are easy to follow
- Ability to interact with different teachers anytime you log in on the app
- Repetitive lessons enable you to remember and understand the Spanish language better
- Communication in Spanish allows for a quick understanding of the language
- Create interaction and ample materials to enable you to learn Spanish effectively.
- An excellent app to learn Spanish by interacting with real Spanish people around the way
8. Babble – Learn Language
Babbel is a premium app with over 10 million downloads on Google Play Store. As a language app developed by Spanish linguists that offer short and productive lessons to make it easy for learners to learn the language.
Backed by practical teaching methods used by professionals in renowned universities ensures that the learner adequately comprehends the lesson, the app designers promise that after learning with this app, students are proficient in speaking Spanish in 3 months.
Furthermore, the structural framework of the app has built a better speaker grammatically with a great vocabulary.
Below are some of the features of the Babble learn spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- An excellent app to learn Spanish and 13 other languages
- Short tutoring sessions to facilitating easy understanding
- Get a lesson for every situation
- An excellent app to improve your writing, speaking, and conversational ability in Spanish
- Contains over 60,000 lesson that covers every aspect of the language
- Easy user interface
- Simple tricks to help you understand the Spanish language
Overall, the Babbel language app is a powerful app on the go for beginners and professionals alike. You need to have a subscription to get full access to every area of the program.
9. Lingualia – Learn Language
Learn Spanish with the help of artificial intelligence, available on iOS and Android, this app is developed to teach the Spanish language according to the level of the student.
The AI is a new way that can track your process, your interest; likes and dislikes, strengths, and availability on the platform to design a lesson plan that caters to your specific needs to enable you to learn Spanish in the most inclusive way possible.
Below are some of the features of the Lingualia learn spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Learn Spanish according to your own pace
- Each lesson is a complete program consisting of grammar, vocabulary and to-do exercises
- Audio recordings by native Spanish speakers to help you get a better grip of the language
- Ability to go through the vocabulary to enable you to understand the words or phrases
- Very motivational for Spanish learners
- Ability to synchronize all your devices for a comfortable learning experience
- Comes with over 400 language lessons, 25,000 pronunciations audio, 10,000 vocabulary words
Overall, this app is free and great for people looking to learn Spanish at their own time but covers all aspects to help them in real life.
10. Busuu: Learn Language – Spanish, English and more
Available on iOS and Android, this app allows users to interact with a vibrant online community of Spanish speakers to boost their speaking, writing, and reading effortlessly.
In fact, this app has excellent audio features, which it leverages to boost the language to the over 10 million people who are still using it to improve and get their Spanish.
With the ability to learn over 12 languages, users get a detailed and well-spaced program to enable them to learn Spanish or other languages without stress.
Below are some of the features of the Busuu learn spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Get the right placement to enable you to learn the language properly
- Start with the basics – grammar and vocabulary to help you with your speaking
- Improve your speaking with native tutors in the community
- Keep track of your progress and get a review too
- It covers all lessons – reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- Take the app with you everywhere
- Improve your accent
- Access to150 courses
- Catch up with your Spanish offline
Overall, this is an excellent app that will see you speaking Spanish in no distant time, and although it is free, in-app purchases enable you to gain access to more options and the opportunity to make your Spanish better.
11. Learn Spanish Free: MosaLingua Crea
This app enables you to speak and write Spanish using the SRS method –this technique calculates the difficulty level of learning Spanish and creates dialog and review that will assist you to learn the language better.
With this technique, users can memorize and retain Spanish words and vocabulary easier.
With over 500,000 downloads, this app will help you learn Spanish fluently if you can dedicate just 10 minutes a day to the lessons and guidelines.
Below are some of the features of the Learn Spanish Free: MosaLingua Crea learn spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Different categories of words and phrases to enable you to grow your Spanish
- Native speaker recording to let you master the correct pronunciation in the Spanish accent
- Compatible with Apple and Android devices
- An excellent app for beginners, intermediate and professional people
- It is absolutely free
Overall, the MosaLingua Spanish app is a very efficient and easy way to learn Spanish without biting your tongue.
12. Cat Spanish App
If you like cats and want to learn Spanish, download the Cat Spanish App available on the website or on iTunes and enjoy a fun and interesting way to grab Spanish like no other.
Cat Spanish is a very excellent app, with the learning theme designed around cat pictures to make it more appealing to the learners.
Below are some of the features of the Cat Spanish learn Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Different challenges and exercises to help you to memorize, remember, and pronounce the words properly
- Spanish words, phrases, and sentences with their English meaning to help users see and learn
- Enjoy quizzes to track how much you have learned
- Cat pictures mimic the phrase or the sentence are explained by the action the cat is doing
- Excellent grammar and vocabulary
- Fun, exciting, and motivating
- A very educational app for kids and adults looking to learn Spanish without the need to attend a class or spend too much money
- Add a friend and play games to improve your Spanish
Overall a fun app for an animal (cat) lovers to learn Spanish with their favorite pet as a tutor
Finally, our countdown to the best app to learn Spanish is gradually coming to a close. Our last app is Fluencia.
13. Fluencia Language App
Learn Spanish online fast, easy, and stress-free with this is not an app but web content compatible with Apple and Android devices for interested users.
This app uses excellent visual characters to teach Spanish for easy memorization and familiarization. The app sections the learning plan into five levels consisting of 10 sub-sections from fundamental Spanish to professional.
The app promises that users will become masters in the art of fluent Spanish after the lesson, which is exceptional, to say the least.
Below are some of the features of the Fluencia Language learn Spanish apps that earned it a spot in our list of Best Apps To Learn Spanish.
- Sub-sections cover grammar, effective communication, vocabulary, interaction
- Ability to listen in on the phrases and follow with a translation in English that enables you to comprehend better
- Ability to customize your lesson
- Learn weaker words or phrases again until you get it
Overall, a great app for people looking to learn Spanish or improve on it
Best Apps To Learn Spanish: Importance of using it
Spanish is spoken in almost every country in the world, while you can register for a regular class and pay huge money to attend a class, the Learn Spanish Apps are easier, convenient, and mostly free
Furthermore, because these apps are downloaded on your smartphone or mobile display units, it allows you to carry your class and teacher with you everywhere you go.
With these apps, you will improve your speaking, accent, reading, writing, and conversation skills with many apps like the ones listed above.
Benefits of using the app
- Increase your vocabulary
- Best way to enhance your Spanish efficiently
- Gain support from the online Spanish community
- Pay rapt attention without distractions
- A fast and most effective way to learn Spanish without stress
Are you ready to learn Spanish like the Spaniards, then choose the app above and become a pro in less than 6 months? Whether you are going for a job or visiting a Spanish-speaking country, now you can interact with the locals by speaking and understanding the Spanish language with an app.
As you can see, each of the Learn Spanish App has something similar, but all have a goal in mind, to teach you Spanish without compromising on your time or invading your privacy.
Thankfully, smartphones are the best education tool for millions of people, all you need is to download the app and start the learning process. Whether you want a personal study plan, a group class, or an interaction with real-time Spanish tutors, there is an app that will enable you to learn Spanish effectively.