Do you have the curiosity to know about the best scooter for 8 year old To Buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 🙂
Although the eight-year-old child is still in its formative years, this is also the time about which they begin to start out on some of the things that a non-infant should do. Yes, this includes using a wheeled scooter tool around the house or at the neighborhood.
However, since they are still young and delicate, it is important to only buy them the ideal recommended scooters that they would most likely be able to easily push and maneuver well.
Now, there are quite a number of reasons why a scooter is not a bad idea for your eight-year-old. Importantly, such provisions have been proven to help the developing child- both physically and in their mental capacity formation.
For instance, riding about on the scooter is a way of exercise for the child, and scooter ride routines can be pivotal for helping the child develop strong bones and the lower body muscles. Asides this, riding all by themselves is a way of building physical agility and confidence in the child.
Analysts and child health experts say that scooter riding for the eight-year-old, helps open their incline to creativity, everyday exploring, and apt learning tendencies.
This means that early exposure of the kid to an activity like scootering also implies an exposure of the child to important qualities and skills that he/she would find useful later in life. With all of these listed advantages and more, the next thing to focus on is finding the best scooter that suits the individual child well.
Note that as useful as every scooter model would seem, there are the most appropriate ones, should be your preferred option when you go shopping.
Here is The List of Best Scooter For 8 Year Old To Buy in 2019
1. Razor A3 Scooter Clear
The Razor A3 scooter is one of the top members on the list of best suitable scooter wheels for kids. It comes with an attractive design, and the main scooter frames are made of high quality, long lasting aircraft grade aluminum materials.
The manufacturer’s ingenious easy to use an idea of the scooter is one of the qualities that makes this model the first choice on the market.
According to framework appearance, we can say that this product was carefully designed to fit well for use by almost all type of kids, within the eight to ten years age bracket.
The scooter is built to have an ABEC-5 high-speed bearing, implemented by 125mm large urethane wheels. Also, both of the front and back wheels are remarkably fitted to withstand any possible form of tedious use.
The front wheel- which acts as the moving propeller, is directly embedded with a high function shock absorbing suspension element. This shock absorbing feature makes the many effects of the rides and stops, go easy on the rider.
Other features of the Razor A3, are the rear fender brakes, foldable handlebars- which facilitates easy transport of the scooter from place to place, and the very good wheelie bar.
- The 125mm large urethane wheels facilitate a smooth ride- irrespective of how rough the ride path may be.
- Foldable handlebar and stem allows for easy storage of the scooter
- The attached shock absorber serves some important precautionary/safety measure.
- The lightweight nature and flexibility of the scooter allows for easy riding
- The brakes have an increased tendency to wear off easily
2. Fuzion Z300 Pro Scooter Complete
The Fuzion Z300 Scooter complete is another product that has made good and ideal scootering possible for kids.
Fuzion has been able to maintain a name for quality products, and the Z300 scooter model confirms this tendency. According to the company, this release has been designed from a collaboration of many suggestions and inputs from experts.
Consequently, it is a sort of improvement over previous scooter models of the company, providing improved features like better wheelie grip, smoother scooter rides, amongst others.
Each Fuzion Z300 Pro scooter is approximately 23 × 22 inches in diameter, with a handlebar that is made of Chromoly steel- and which is the same 22 inches in length.
The frontal wide deck, together with the entire scooter frame, is made of refined aluminum. The wide deck has a measurement placed at about 4.5 inches, allowing sufficient hand grip and control area for the rider.
Note that both of the product’s wheels are made of polyurethane material, and each of them has a dimension of 110mm.
Considering its 9 ABEC scale rating, the scooter is able to produce the highest speed type in a scooter which makes it to perfectly fit in our best scooter for 8 year old 2019 list.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Fuzion Z300 Pro Scooter Complete.
- The product is well superb in design and is fit for use by kids that are just growing up
- The handlebars are comfortable to the touch and have an extended length that aids for easy riding routines.
- Great noiseless braking and control system, made up of triad nylon and steel brakes
- The Fuzion Z300 Pro scooter remains valid for use, even after the child is well past eight years.
- It is relatively more expensive than some other scooter options in its category.
3. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Electric Scooter
This Razor™ electric scooter is stylishly designed with the aim of improving on the operation methods of the kickstart operated scooters.
Now, if you’re looking for the best gift for that eight-year-old, then you may want to add this item to the list of potential gifts that you’re considering.
With this model, riding becomes easier and the child is able to have some real fun, and an avenue for improved reasoning and physical balance.
The powering motor for this electric scooter is a chain driven electric motor, that keeps the scooter moving for as long as it is under use. Your eight year old can run simple errands with this one, as the motor scooter has a remarkable mileage per hour capacity of 15 miles.
Other follow come features on the Razor Pocket Mod scooter, is an under seat storage compartment, rechargeable inbuilt batteries that run for up to 10 hours after a full charge, removable kickstand, amongst others. The maximum weight support of the scooter is placed at about 150 pounds.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Electric Scooter.
- The machine is a great product, provides you with some real value for money
- Its parts and components are easy to assemble and use, hence there is almost no need for a specialist guide before you’re able to put the scooter to use.
- Really great for providing fun
- Scooter can run for up to a distance of 10 kilometers, after a full charge
- The Razor electric scooter is designed to carry a high durability tendency, hence allowing the users to enjoy its use for a long period of time.
- The scooter is very much heavy, weighing over 60 pounds on the average. This means it cannot be easily carried (unless driven), from one place to another.
- The fact that the scooter makes use of a battery provision, means that it would only be usable when the battery is having charge.
4. Madd Gear VX7 Pro Scooter Complete
This scooter has earned itself a place in the heart of scooter enthusiasts, because of its simple yet fascinating design and work features. The scooter facilitates fun, speed, and great style, with a high durability incline.
This is because the scooter parts have been made with the best materials, that ensures that they’re not easy to break, wear or tear. Your eight-year-old kid would definitely hold onto this one like glue because it has been designed to release all the fun that can be associated with this activity.
Unlike many other scooter models that have been made out of aluminum or steel framed materials, the Madd Gear VX7 is carefully crafted out of the alloy material.
The implication of this is an extensively remarkably great strength and durability trait. The wheels are a 100mm structure, having an alloy core and a urethane rebound all around.
The adopted brakes are a blitz composed 100mm structure. Note that the Madd Gear VX7 scooter is 9 ABEC speed rated, thus guaranteeing an optimum scooter speed capacity.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Madd Gear VX7 Pro Scooter Complete.
- Due to build pattern, the scooter definitely ranks amongst the best options for the child who is just starting to use the machine.
- The use of alloy material in its build is considered substantial merit over the scooter that is built with aluminum or steel.
- Professionally designed, hence making it fit for all categories of users- irrespective of whether they are kids or adults, amateurs or experts.
- The scooter structure is easily moddable and can be carried around from place to place.
- The scooter foot pad space is massive, to provide enough space for the user’s foot.
- The durability of the grip tape is not particularly impressive, as it shows tendencies of wearing off before long.
5. Razor Power Core E100 Electric Scooter
Do not confuse this product with the Razor E100, as the Razor core E100 is an ingenious improvement to the former. This model is definitely one of the best scooters right now because it has features that are only found on a few other scooter models in its category.
All that is needed to get the scooter moving, is to ignite at the scooter’s kick start, after which you keep things going using the provided throttle function.
There is a caliber brake function that attaches directly on the front wheel- used for effecting stops to the scooter motion.
All of the user control on the motion is passed down basically to the scooter wheels, via the connecting cables.
The Razor power core E100 is the perfect scooter provision for your growing kids because it was specifically designed only for that category of users. With full battery charge, this machine is able to reach an estimate one hour of active use, at a speed of about 11 mph.
There is a retractable kickstand by the lower side of the scooter body, which allows the user to stand the scooter upright- when it isn’t under use. The reasonable foot space is one of the vintage qualities of the product since it enables the user place feet well and balances on the machine.
However, it is not likely to support so much weight, and only lightweight persons should ideally make use of it- if its durability is to be sustained.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Razor Power Core E100 Electric Scooter.
- The Razor Power core E100 comes with an attracting compact design, that would readily attract a newcomer to it.
- The electric powering motor of the scooter machine is designed to work without the use of a chain operating roadmap. This feature enhances the efficiency and effectiveness of the machine and its powering components.
- Users of this scooter enjoy an almost total non-maintenance need. This is so because most of the maintenance requiring components on the regular scooter has been reduced and replaced by more efficient parts which make it put in our best scooter for 8 year old 2019 list.
- Scooter can travel at about 18km/hr and is controlled by two 12v rechargeable batteries.
- The product comes with a number of features that facilitates convenience and overall user comfort.
- The scooter foot space may be considered comparatively fragile, and only kids with weights within a specific range can be allowed to make use of the machine.
6. Mongoose Expo Kids Scooter 12” Wheels
The Mongoose Expo kids scooter shows remarkable features, which has made it qualify as one of the best scooter products for kids. The frontal wheel bar resembles the BMX bike-style hand brakes, which have been made with caliber alloy.
One notable feature of this top-notch scooter is its 12-inch air filled wheels- which adds to its tendency to perform like a bicycle. Many analysts and users have commended this addition in a scooter of its category, which consequently confirms the Mongoose™ company’s expertise of many years.
This scooter is particularly useful for pulling stunt tricks on a scooter, because of the type of brake rotors and axle pegs on the machine.
Asides this, this scooter model might have become a buyers’ frequent choice, because of the fact that it is able to carry a relatively reasonable amount of weight.
According to manufacturer instructions, the scooter would hold up to a maximum of 220 pounds weight at a time. Lastly, this is one of the most fashionable scooter bikes of recent times, with only a few other competitors to match it.
- The scooter features are designed to facilitate performance of various stunt tricks by the user.
- The air filled wheels give needed motion to the scooter when you need to move
- One of the most fashionable scooter; gives the users real value for their monies.
- Scooter comes with a wide foot space that ensures user balance and added stability when in use.
- This scooter is suited for more terrains, because of its type of wheels and other rugged design inputs of the scooter.
- Wheels may need refilling every now and then or may be prone to becoming punctured with constant use.
7. Micro Sprite Kick Scooter
Currently- as far as the best scooter for 8-year-olds is concerned, this Micro Sprite Kick Scooter comes on top of the market. The product offers a lot of scootering service quality, all brought to you at a considerably reasonable price.
It comes with an adjustable neck bar, that can be stretched to a maximum height of 34 inches above the scooter lower deck. This makes the scooter suitable for a wider range of persons, as compared to other scooter products that have a definite non-adjustable neck.
All the product’s component parts have been made with high-quality materials, hence guaranteeing users on the average, of long-term use of the scooter. The Sprite is suitable for stunt tricks and has a high fun providing tendency.
Upon purchase, the scooter comes already coupled together, hence saving intending users the time that could have been used in assembling the parts together.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Micro Sprite Kick Scooter.
- The product is worth every dime spent on its purchase. It is a good investment for your money.
- Extendable neck allows the scooter to be usable by multiple different users, at different times.
- Presence of a two-way retractable kickstand, that keeps the scooter standing upright- even if it wasn’t used for a pretty long while.
- Wheels are made of high-quality polyurethane, which facilitates smooth rides.
- The scooter is lightweight and can be easily transported.
- The scooter foot pad space is not so enormous, and may not be ideal for some kids.
How to decide on what scooter to get for your kids
Now, although all scooters may have a fundamentally similar structure and operation framework, there are different types and categories, each of which has their own peculiar distinguishing features.
Before settling down to invest in a scooter for your eight-year-old, it is important to note the types of scooters that there are, and then decide which one of them best suits the child.
This can be a little challenging for the shopper who knows little or nothing about scooters and their individual tendencies, hence the need for a guide.
The big question then would be “How do I know which scooter is best for my kid?” Although finding the best kick start scooter for a child is more tasking than for an adult, there are still a number of procedures that could be adopted for this.
Some of the things to readily consider when buying a scooter for a kid includes the following:
- How many wheeled scooters is best? Should it be a three-wheeled or a two-wheeled product?
Before going on to make suggestions and recommendations on what scooter type to buy in this category, it is important to first know what each of the two classes looks like.
A two-wheeled scooter product as the name implies has only two wheels and functions by these two wheels. This means there would be one front wheel, and another rear wheel- to make two. These type of scooters are equally as popular as the three-wheeled scooters.
A three-wheeled scooter, on the other hand, has three wheels, which are used for the scooter movement. Usually, the distribution of the wheels in this category can be subdivided into two thus: Firstly, the scooter may have only one frontal wheel and two rear wheels. The alternative arrangement to this is the presence of two frontal wheels, and only one rear wheel.
Based on what factors should you then make a choice?
According to scooter design, two-wheeled products are meant for kids that have been able to master their balance, and have had some kind of scootering skills or incline, already.
With these categories of children, it wouldn’t be any issues maneuvering their way around the place- on the two-wheeled products. Hence, we can almost say that two-wheel scooters are meant for the non-preliminary scootering child.
A child who hasn’t mastered balance, focus, and some little dexterity may not do well with the two-wheeled scooters. If you start that with them, they may end up injuring themselves, and probably getting discouraged.
However, the three-wheeled scooters are just the best option for preliminary scootering, and for kids that have not learned to input balance to the activity.
They may start off with the three-wheel scooters because it helps adjust their balance to fit into what is required for every scootering movement.
As soon as they’ve learned the controls and have known how to stay focused on the scooter, you may then introduce them to use the two-wheeled scooters.
Note that balance on the scooter does not always require some serious prior use or practice. Some kids used the two-wheeled scooter on their first time scootering, and they did just fine.
If you’re not certain of what divides your kid falls, you may try them on a borrowed scooter, and then decide on what option suits them.
- Should the scooter have large wheels or small wheels?
Basically, the decision on this should be made after considering the child’s body side. Usually, small wheeled scooters are lighter and easier to push, while large wheeled scooters are heavier and a little more difficult to push.
If the child has a smaller body size, then it is ideal to get them the small-wheeled scooter, and a large wheeled scooter if the child has a larger body size.
You can always change the scooter for a more appropriate one as the time goes on, and depending on the child’s body development tendencies.
Essential safety precautions that should be implemented when using the scooter
Since movement is involved when making use of the scooter, it is important to protect the child from bodily harm that may tend to arise from the activity.
The importance of effecting and ensuring adequate safety precautions during scootering cannot be overemphasized. This is in fact, very important for children who are just learning and haven’t mastered the activity.
The following are some of the proven safety precautions that would help protect your child when they go scootering:
- Make them wear safety helmets suitable for this activity
This is one of the most basic and most important safety precautions to adopt when using the scooter.
Injuries to the head could turn out very serious, hence the need to not take undue chances. Scooter helmets are important because they protect the child from having a head injury when they fall.
Many times than not, children have fallen off their scooters- probably at the time when they were still learning or even when they’ve become reasonably used to the activity. Additionally, when using helmets, make sure that they are well fitted on the child’s head.
An oversized helmet is almost no good since it can easily come off, in the event that there is a fall.
- Children should not be allowed to ride on main or busy roads
Just like the vehicles on the road, the scooter is also an innovation with wheels, and really, the child may want to believe this- for all he cares. However, you must understand that the risks of leaving the child to go scooter riding on a busy road, are extremely on the high.
This is absolutely not advisable, and scooter riding for children at such a tender age must be restricted to places within the very neighborhood- where there are almost zero chances of road/car accidents.
When the child comes of age and has really learned to ride the scooter well, his/her scooter riding skills would come just helpful- as they can easily visit their friends, or quickly run some errands for you at the nearby street.
On the overall, the benefit of learning is theirs, as the attached fun to scooter riding is huge.