Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Telescope Under 1000 $ To Buy in 2020? 🤔
We got you covered in this buyer’s guide.
And let me be clear about something:
All the Telescope mentioned in this Best Telescope Under 1000 $ buyer’s guide is based on Aperture, Focal Length, Portability, Mount and Price factors.
So without further ado, let’s see the results. 📗
Before now, telescopes are mainly used by astrologers to study the sky and focus on objects like the stars, moons and the other celestial bodies, mainly for studies and research purposes. In recent times though, that has changed as there are a lot of reasons why someone might want to get a telescope now.
A telescope is still very relevant with astrologers, but it can also be used for camping, hiking, stargazing and a whole lot of other recreational activities.
In a nutshell, what a telescope does is to use its objective, which could either be a glass lens or a mirror to focus on an image through the use of light that would have been generated from the surrounding through its aperture and magnified through the focal length of its objective.
Ideally, a telescope is quite expensive, going by the fact that what it was used for in the past are specialized activities. However, as things have continued to change in recent times, so have the price of telescopes.
The price of getting a telescope has greatly reduced in recent times such that you would be able to get a very good telescope at a price that is below $1000.
Yes, that’s the current reality, and this means you can get your own telescope too if you have always fantasized about taking a look at celestial bodies, watching objects in the sky, and all the other stuff you can use a telescope for.
Since telescopes have become a lot more affordable, a factor which has also led to a lot of demands, this means that we now have more than enough products in the market.
A lot of new manufacturers are churning out new products, and we can assure you that not all of these products are worth your money. The last thing you would want to do is invest in a telescope that won’t be able to provide you with the detailed and bright image of the object in focus.
It would be a killjoy and a waste of money, and this is why you must avoid that by all means. To help you prevent that, we have come up with a list of the best telescopes (both refractors and reflectors) that you can get in the current market at a price below $1000.
This list would help you in making the right buying decisions if you would just follow all that has been stated clearly for you.
Best Telescope Under 1000 $: Our Top Picks 👌
After a thorough analysis of the market, these are the products we have found out to be the best you can invest in anywhere in the current market for a price below $1000.
1. Orion 10019 SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope Telescope
The Orion 10019 SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope Dobsonian Telescope is arguably the best you can get in the current for a price below $1000. For us, it is surely the best, and it also finds its way to the top of the list of most of the other reviewers.
This one comes in at approximately $900, and it boasts of a number of highly-rated features, which makes it a perfect telescope for every kind of use. Let’s start from the very impressive design which gives rise to a very sleek and compact look.
One of the best things you should look out for in a telescope is portability, and you are definitely getting that with this product going by impressive design.
You have a very big aperture of 254 mm which would definitely help in drawing brighter light for sharper and colorful images. With this telescope, you have access to up to 14,000 celestial bodies by just pointing it towards the sky.
With a focal length of 1200 mm you would be able to take a detailed look at celestial bodies and other objects you might be staring at because this focal length would simply magnify every little detail and bring them to light.
In terms of support, there is a very impressive mount base that this telescope sits on, which allows you to gaze at your subjects with relative ease and great flexibility.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Orion 10019 SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2020.
- The telescope comes with an impressive mount which allows for ease of use and flexibility when viewing an object.
- The telescope comes with a very powerful 1200mm focal length that would help to magnify everything in view for a detailed image.
- The impressive 254 mm aperture ensures that you are able to attract enough light rays from the surrounding for a brighter and sharper image.
- You would have access to up to 14,000 celestial bodies with this telescope.
- At $900, it is one of the most expensive telescopes you can get for the price range under review.
2. Sky-Watcher ProED Refractor Telescope
The Sky-Watcher ProED Refractor Telescope comes in at number two on our list. This particular product is also another option that you would probably see in any serious review about the best telescopes you can find in the current market for a price below $1000.
To start with, it comes with two eyepieces, which helps to bring everything to a better perspective. With an aperture of 80mm, you would be able to maximize as much light as possible for a clearer and sharper image.
It also comes with a 600mm focal length, which is an impressive number for a very good magnifying power of the objects in focus. This one uses a glass lens and it comes with an equally impressive 8×50 RA viewfinder which makes it easy to track celestial objects as well as whatever you wish to focus on.
The package comes in an aluminum carrying case, which offers great protection for the telescope. To get one of these, you would need to pay approximately $650.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Sky-Watcher ProED Refractor Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2020.
- The telescope comes with an 8×50 RA viewfinder, which makes it very easy to track and find your subjects.
- You would get an aperture of 80mm, which is good enough to enhance lighting for quality imagery.
- The telescope also comes with a 600mm focal length for enhanced magnifying power.
- You have access to two eyepieces which makes viewing easier.
- You also get an aluminum carrying case for protection and easy carriage.
- This telescope doesn’t come with a mount, which could be an issue in terms of movement and flexibility in viewing.
3. Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope
The Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope has to be one of the most powerful telescopes you can get in the current market for the price range under review. This powerful telescope would enhance you to get a proper view of up to 40,000 celestial bodies.
Yes, that’s right; we guess that’s why it was named Celestron. It comes with a six-inch aperture for optimum light performance, and it also boasts of a 1500mm focal length, which means that you would have a detailed look at all the objects in your focus with such amazing magnifying power.
Portability cannot be underestimated with a telescope, and you get that with this telescope. It is designed to be sleek, compact and portable, which makes it very easy to use.
It also comes with a steel mount, where you can easily put its base and enjoy a flexible range of views. This telescope is very easy to assemble, and it also comes with a SkyAlign technology for improved performance through the easy alignment of your scope. In terms of price, you would need to pay a total sum of $699 to get this telescope.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2020.
- This telescope comes with a six-inch aperture for optimum light performance.
- The telescope also boasts of a very impressive 1500mm focal length which ensures great magnification of the image.
- You would have access to up to 40,000 celestial bodies with this telescope.
- The telescope comes with a steel mount that offers flexibility and ease of use.
- It is designed to be sleek, and portable.
- The telescope uses a battery and the battery life is not impressive.
- The technical support also leaves a little bit more to be desired.
At the time of our research on Best Telescope Under 1000 $, we found a video about “How Far You Could Go in the Universe” which is worth watching. 🤴🏆
4. Sky-Watcher Classic Dobsonian Telescope
The Sky-Watcher Classic Dobsonian Telescope is the second product from the Sky-Watcher brand to make our list. This particular product is a classic telescope with a lot of impressive features that would make you fall hard for it.
It also combines great price and value to the distinct features that come with it, as it is available for just $410. Unlike the last Sky-Watcher product, this one comes with a mount that allows for easier control and provides access to a wide range of views.
It comes with an 8 inches aperture (203mm) which enables it to access enough light and transmit it to provide clear, bright and sharp images.
It also comes with two eyepieces, as well as a 1200mm focal length for impressive magnification. As it is the case with a lot of classic products, this telescope is a little bit clunky and heavy, but it makes up for this little drawback with excellent view and outstanding ease of use.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Sky-Watcher Classic Dobsonian Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2020.
- This telescope comes with a 1200 mm focal length, which ensures a very good magnifying power and detailed view of the objects in focus.
- With an aperture of 203 mm, the telescope is able to manipulate light sources and amplify them to create bright and sharp images.
- At a price of $410, this telescope is fairly affordable and it represents good value for money.
- Just like all classic products, it comes with a compact and sturdy design, which makes it quite durable.
- It comes with two eyepieces and a strong mount.
- The telescope is a little bit heavy.
- It is not one of the most portable options out there.
5. Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Telescope
The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope is another telescope we are happy to recommend to you if you are looking for a quality product at a price below $1000.
This one is very good at what it does, and it also offers affordability and value for money, as it is available for just $310. When you compare its price, features, and effectiveness to some of the other options of different dimensions in the market, then, you’d realize that this is a product that offers good value for money.
It comes with an aperture of 5.1 inches. Although, we can’t pretend this is one of the best you can get in terms of aperture in the current market, what we can tell you is, this product does exactly what it promises, and the aperture is still good enough to give you some very good image quality.
With a 24 inch focal length, this telescope posses more than enough capability to magnify the objects in your focus and give you detailed images. An area where it gets it right is portability.
This telescope is designed to be compact and portable, which makes it quite easy to use. You would also get a very good mount that is designed just like a camera tripod. This mount allows for easy rotation along its axis, and this would definitely help in flexibility and getting and enhancing your views from a wide range of angles.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2020.
- The telescope comes with a very flexible mount which allows for ease of use and a wide variety of viewing angles.
- This telescope also comes with a 24-inch focal length which helps to put distant objects in focus.
- The telescope comes with a sleek, compact and portable design, which makes it very easy to carry around.
- You also get two eyepieces to view your objects.
- At a price of $310, this telescope I affordable and offers great value for money.
- The 5.1-inch aperture is not good enough, and this affects the quality of the image.
- The technical support is not really good enough.
6. Meade Instruments ETX125 Observer Telescope
In terms of sheer quality, the Meade Instruments ETX125 Observer Telescope has to be one of the best options you can get in the current market if you are shopping for anything below the $1000 price range.
Although it is not one of the cheapest options in the market, as you would have to fork out approximately $600, to get one of this, it more than makes up for the amount you would be spending on getting it with some truly exciting and quality features.
To start with, this telescope comes with a very impressive 127mm aperture that ensures you would always have a clear, crisp, bright and sharp image at all times.
Also, there is the equally magnificent 1900mm focal length that would bring every single object to the fore with utmost clarity and detail. You also get a very good base mount that is firmly built on a tripod.
This would help in providing range and flexibility in view. What else? Yes, there is also the chance to see up to 30,000 celestial bodies through this telescope, and you also get an exciting audio system to make everything fun and interesting.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Meade Instruments ETX125 Observer Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2020.
- You would get access to up to 30,000 celestial bodies with this telescope.
- This telescope boasts of a stunning 1900mm focal length, which means everything would be in focus with great details and clarity.
- With the impressive 127mm aperture, all the objects in focus will be displayed in a clean, clear, sharp and bright image.
- There is also a very good mount that would give room for a lot of range and flexibility in viewing.
- This telescope is also very easy to assemble and use.
- It doesn’t come with a viewfinder.
- It doesn’t come with a carrying case.
7. Orion StarSeeker IV Telescope
We are rounding up our pick by giving you this truly exciting product from the Orion brand. This is known as the Orion StarSeeker IV Telescope and it comes with all the top features that you would definitely be looking out for in a telescope.
First, you must know it is one of the costliest products in this review as it is available at $700. In spite of the price, we bet you would never regret paying for this telescope as it makes up for its price with top quality features.
This telescope comes with a magnificent 127mm aperture for an all-round quality light optimization for brighter and sharper images. That impressive feat is coupled with a powerful focal length of 1540mm that would ensure that all objects in focus are perfectly magnified for a detailed and clear view.
There is also a motorized mount that offers flexibility, ease of use while also ensuring a wide range of viewing angles.
Another impressive feat is the fact that this telescope enables you to see up to 42,000 celestial objects. Portability is also one of the things you can’t look beyond in a telescope, and you get that with this product.
As a matter of fact, the total weight of this telescope is just about 22 lbs, which makes it very portable and easy to carry around.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Orion StarSeeker IV Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2020.
- This telescope enables you to view up to 42,000 celestial bodies.
- With a focal length of 1540mm, you would be able to see all celestial bodies and objects at close range without losing any detail.
- The 127mm aperture that comes with this telescope ensures effective optimization of light for brighter, clearer and sharper images.
- This telescope comes with a motorized mount which ensures ease of use and flexibility in viewing angles.
- With a total weight of just 22 lbs, this telescope is lightweight and very portable.
- It is fairly expensive.
Best Telescope Under 1000 $: What To Consider
Before you step out to purchase that telescope, it is important that you read this buying guide. Sometimes, you just need a little guide to help you in making the right buying decision and that is exactly what we would be providing for you in this section of the article.
Without wasting words, these are the most important features you can look beyond in a telescope.
If you ask anyone with a good knowledge of telescopes, we are sure that what they would tell you to be the single most important feature of a telescope is the aperture. Why?
Isn’t it obvious? Ask yourself, why are you involved in stargazing? Why are you involved in bird watching? Why do you want to take a closer look at the moon?
The answer is, you want to satisfy your curiosity and know more about those things, and the feature that would help you get a clear, clean and sharp view of those things is the aperture. This is why you can’t compromise the quality of the aperture.
The focal length works with the aperture to provide you with clear and detailed views of your targets. The focal length is a magnifier, and the higher the number of the focal length, the better telescope you have.
This is self-explanatory, isn’t it? When you have a portable telescope, it would be easier to carry around, and it would also enhance the ease of use. This is why you can’t trade portability for anything.
A mount will help you in a lot of ways to get the best out of a telescope. Just like a camera, there are a lot of possibilities and options that are available to you if you can just fix your telescope on a mount. It makes everything a lot easier.
Whatever you do, it is important that you are paying the right price for any product you are buying. It doesn’t make any sense to pay over the board when there are more than enough options in the market. As such, you may want to do a lot of price comparisons before paying for any product.
So, there you have it, the best telescopes you can get in the current market under the price of $1000. Don’t hesitate to pick from this list when trying to buy your next telescope, because it is well researched and accurate.