Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Telescope Under 1000 $ To Buy in 2022? 🤔
We got you covered in this buyer’s guide.
And let me be clear about something:
All the Telescopes mentioned in this Best Telescope Under 1000 $ buyer’s guide are based on Aperture, Focal Length, Portability, Mount, and Price factors.
So without further ado, let’s see the results. 📗
Before now, astrologers mainly used telescopes to study the sky and focus on objects like the stars, moons, and other celestial bodies, mainly for studies and research purposes.
In recent times though, that has changed, as there are many reasons why someone might want to get a telescope now.
A telescope is still very relevant to astrologers, but it can also be used for camping, hiking, stargazing, and many other recreational activities.
In a nutshell, a telescope uses its objective, which could be a glass lens or a mirror, to focus on an image through the light that would have been generated from the surrounding through its aperture, magnified through the focal length of its objective.
Ideally, a telescope is quite expensive, considering that what it was used for in the past is specialized activities. However, as things have changed in recent times, so have the price of telescopes.
The price of getting a telescope has greatly reduced in recent times such that you could get a very good telescope at a price below $1000.
Yes, that’s the current reality, and this means you can get your telescope too, if you have always fantasized about looking at celestial bodies, watching objects in the sky, and all the other stuff you can use a telescope for.
Since telescopes have become much more affordable, a factor which has also led to a lot of demands, we now have more than enough products in the market.
Many new manufacturers are churning out new products, and we can assure you that not all of these products are worth your money. The last thing you would want to do is invest in a telescope that won’t be able to provide you with a detailed and bright image of the object in focus.
It would be a killjoy and a waste of money, which is why you must avoid that. To help you prevent that, we have come up with a list of the best telescopes (refractors and reflectors) that you can get in the current market at a price below $1000.
This list would help you make the right buying decisions if you just follow everything that has been stated clearly for you.
Best Telescope Under 1000 $ – Our Top Picks👌
After a thorough analysis of the market, these are the products we have found to be the best you can invest anywhere in the current market for a price below $1000.
1. Orion 10019 SkyQuest – Best goto telescope under $1000
The Orion 10019 SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope Dobsonian Telescope is arguably the best you can get at the current price below $1000.
For us, it is surely the best and finds its way to the top of the list of most of the other reviewers.
This one comes in at approximately $900 and boasts several highly-rated features, making it a perfect telescope for every kind of use. Let’s start with an impressive design that gives rise to a sleek and compact look.
One of the best things you should look out for in a telescope is portability, and you are getting that with this product going by impressive design.
You have a very big aperture of 254 mm, which would help draw brighter light for sharper and more colorful images. With this telescope, you can access up to 14,000 celestial bodies by pointing them toward the sky.
With a focal length of 1200 mm, you could take a detailed look at celestial bodies and other objects you might be staring at because this focal length would simply magnify every little detail and bring them to light.
In terms of support, this telescope sits on a very impressive mount base, which allows you to gaze at your subjects with relative ease and great flexibility.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Orion 10019 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $.
- The telescope comes with an impressive mount, allowing for ease of use and flexibility when viewing an object.
- The telescope comes with a very powerful 1200mm focal length that would help to magnify everything in view for a detailed image.
- The impressive 254 mm aperture ensures you can attract enough light rays from the surrounding for a brighter and sharper image.
- You would have access to up to 14,000 celestial bodies with this telescope.
- At $900, it is one of the most expensive telescopes you can get for the price range under review.
2. Sky-Watcher ProED Refractor Telescope
The Sky-Watcher ProED Refractor Telescope comes in at number two on our list. This particular product is another option you would probably see in any serious review about the best telescopes you can find in the current market for a price below $1000.
To start with, it comes with two eyepieces, which helps to bring everything to a better perspective. With an aperture of 80mm, you would be able to maximize as much light as possible for a clearer and sharper image.
It also comes with a 600mm focal length, which is an impressive number for a very good magnifying power of the objects in focus.
This one uses a glass lens and comes with an equally impressive 8×50 RA viewfinder, making it easy to track celestial objects and whatever you wish to focus on.
The package comes in an aluminum carrying case, which offers great protection for the telescope. To get one of these, you would need to pay approximately $650.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Sky-Watcher ProED Refractor Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $.
- The telescope comes with an 8×50 RA viewfinder, which makes it very easy to track and find your subjects.
- You would get an aperture of 80mm, which is good enough to enhance lighting for quality imagery.
- The telescope also has a 600mm focal length for enhanced magnifying power.
- You have access to two eyepieces which makes viewing easier.
- You also get an aluminum carrying case for protection and easy carriage.
- This telescope doesn’t come with an amount, which could be an issue in terms of movement and flexibility in viewing.
3. Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope
The Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope has to be one of the most powerful telescopes you can get in the current market for the price range under review.
This powerful telescope would give you a proper view of up to 40,000 celestial bodies.
Yes, that’s right; we guess that’s why it was named Celestron. It comes with a six-inch aperture for optimum light performance, and it also boasts a 1500mm focal length, which means that you would have a detailed look at all the objects in your focus with such amazing magnifying power.
Portability cannot be underestimated with a telescope, and you get that with this telescope. It is sleek, compact, and portable, making it very easy to use.
It also comes with a steel mount, where you can easily put its base and enjoy a flexible range of views.
This telescope is very easy to assemble, and it also comes with SkyAlign technology for improved performance through the easy alignment of your scope. In terms of price, you would need to pay a total sum of $699 to get this telescope.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $.
- This telescope comes with a six-inch aperture for optimum light performance.
- The telescope also boasts a very impressive 1500mm focal length, ensuring great magnification of the image.
- You would have access to up to 40,000 celestial bodies with this telescope.
- The telescope comes with a steel mount that offers flexibility and ease of use.
- It is designed to be sleek and portable.
- The telescope uses a battery, and the battery life is not impressive.
- The technical support also leaves a little bit more to be desired.
At the time of our research on Best Telescope Under 1000 $, we found a video about “How Far You Could Go in the Universe” which is worth watching. 🤴🏆
4. Sky-Watcher Dobsonian – Best telescope under $500
The Sky-Watcher Classic Dobsonian Telescope is the second product from the Sky-Watcher brand to make our list.
This particular product is a classic telescope with many impressive features that would make you fall hard for it.
It also combines great price and value with the distinct features that come with it, as it is available for just $410. Unlike the last Sky-Watcher product, this one comes with a mount that allows for easier control and provides access to a wide range of views.
It comes with an 8 inches aperture (203mm) which enables it to access enough light and transmit it to provide clear, bright, and sharp images.
It also comes with two eyepieces and a 1200mm focal length for impressive magnification.
As is the case with many classic products, this telescope is a bit clunky and heavy, but it makes up for this little drawback with an excellent view and outstanding ease of use.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Sky-Watcher Classic Dobsonian Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $ to get in 2022.
- This telescope comes with a 1200 mm focal length, which ensures a very good magnifying power and a detailed view of the objects in focus.
- With an aperture of 203 mm, the telescope can manipulate light sources and amplify them to create bright and sharp images.
- For $410, this telescope is fairly affordable and represents good value for money.
- Like all classic products, it comes with a compact and sturdy design, making it quite durable.
- It comes with two eyepieces and a strong mount.
- The telescope is a little bit heavy.
- It is not one of the most portable options out there.
5. Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Telescope
The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope is another telescope we are happy to recommend to you if you are looking for a quality product below $1000.
This one is very good at what it does and offers affordability and value for money, as it is available for just $310.
When you compare its price, features, and effectiveness to some of the other options of different dimensions in the market, you’ll realize that this product offers good value for money.
It comes with an aperture of 5.1 inches. Although we can’t pretend this is one of the best you can get in terms of aperture in the current market, what we can tell you is, this product does exactly what it promises, and the aperture is still good enough to give you some very good image quality.
With a 24-inch focal length, this telescope possesses more than enough capability to magnify the objects in your focus and give you detailed images. An area where it gets it right is portability.
This telescope is designed to be compact and portable, which makes it quite easy to use. You would also get a very good amount designed like a camera tripod.
This mount allows easy rotation along its axis, which would help in flexibility and getting and enhancing your views from a wide range of angles.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Orion 09007 that earned it a spot in our Best Telescope Under 1000 $.
- The telescope comes with a very flexible mount, allowing for ease of use and a wide variety of viewing angles.
- This telescope also comes with a 24-inch focal length which helps to put distant objects in focus.
- The telescope has a sleek, compact, and portable design, making it very easy to carry around.
- You also get two eyepieces to view your objects.
- At a price of $310, this telescope is affordable and offers great value.
- The 5.1-inch aperture is not good enough, affecting the image’s quality.
- The technical support is not good enough.
6. Meade Instruments ETX125 Observer Telescope
In terms of sheer quality, the Meade Instruments ETX125 Observer Telescope has to be one of the best options you can get in the current market if you are shopping for anything below the $1000 price range.
Although it is not one of the cheapest options in the market, as you would have to fork out approximately $600 to get one of these, it more than makes up for the amount you would be spending on getting it with some truly exciting and quality features.
To start with, this telescope comes with a very impressive 127mm aperture that ensures you would always have a clear, crisp, bright, and sharp image at all times.
Also, an equally magnificent 1900mm focal length would bring every single object to the fore with utmost clarity and detail. You also get a very good base mount firmly built on a tripod.
This would help in providing range and flexibility in view. What else? Yes, there is also the chance to see up to 30,000 celestial bodies through this telescope, and you also get an exciting audio system to make everything fun and interesting.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Meade Instruments ETX125 Observer Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $.
- You would get access to up to 30,000 celestial bodies with this telescope.
- This telescope boasts a stunning 1900mm focal length, which means everything would be in focus with great details and clarity.
- With the impressive 127mm aperture, all the objects in focus will be displayed in a clean, clear, sharp, and bright image.
- There is also a very good amount that would give room for a lot of range and flexibility in viewing.
- This telescope is also very easy to assemble and use.
- It doesn’t come with a viewfinder.
- It doesn’t come with a carrying case.
7. Orion StarSeeker IV Telescope
We are rounding up our pick by giving you this truly exciting product from the Orion brand. This is known as the Orion StarSeeker IV Telescope, and it comes with all the top features you would be looking out for in a telescope.
First, you must know it is one of the costliest products in this review as it is available at $700. Despite the price, we bet you will never regret paying for this telescope as it makes up for its price with top-quality features.
This telescope has a magnificent 127mm aperture for an all-around quality light optimization for brighter and sharper images. That impressive feat is coupled with a powerful focal length of 1540mm, ensuring that all objects in focus are perfectly magnified for a detailed and clear view.
A motorized mount offers flexibility and ease of use while ensuring a wide range of viewing angles.
Another impressive feat is that this telescope lets you see up to 42,000 celestial objects. Portability is also one of the things you can’t look beyond in a telescope, and you get that with this product.
The total weight of this telescope is just about 22 lbs, which makes it very portable and easy to carry around.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Orion StarSeeker IV Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescope Under 1000 $.
- This telescope enables you to view up to 42,000 celestial bodies.
- With a focal length of 1540mm, you could see all celestial bodies and objects at close range without losing any detail.
- The 127mm aperture with this telescope ensures effective light optimization for brighter, clearer, and sharper images.
- This telescope comes with a motorized mount which ensures ease of use and flexibility in viewing angles.
- With a total weight of just 22 lbs, this telescope is lightweight and portable.
- It is fairly expensive.
Best Telescope Under 1000 $: What To Consider
Before you step out to purchase that telescope, you must read this buying guide.
Sometimes, you just need a little guide to help you make the right buying decision, which is exactly what we will provide for you in this section of the article.
Without wasting words, these are the most important features you can look beyond in a telescope.
If you ask anyone with a good knowledge of telescopes, we are sure they would tell you that the aperture’s single most important feature of a telescope. Why?
Isn’t it obvious? Ask yourself, why are you involved in stargazing? Why are you involved in bird watching? Why do you want to take a closer look at the moon?
The answer is you want to satisfy your curiosity and know more about those things, and the feature that would help you get a clear, clean, and sharp view of those things is the aperture. This is why you can’t compromise the quality of the aperture.
The focal length works with the aperture to provide clear and detailed views of your targets. The focal length is a magnifier; the higher the focal length, the better your telescope.
This is self-explanatory, isn’t it? When you have a portable telescope, it would be easier to carry around, and it would also enhance the ease of use. This is why you can’t trade portability for anything.
A mount will help you get the best out of a telescope in many ways. Just like a camera, there are many possibilities and options available to you if you can just fix your telescope on the amount. It makes everything a lot easier.
Whatever you do, you must pay the right price for any product you buy. It doesn’t make sense to pay over the board when there are more than enough options in the market. As such, you may want to make a lot of price comparisons before paying for any product.
So, there you have it, the best telescopes you can get in the current market at $1000. Don’t hesitate to pick from this list when trying to buy your next telescope because it is well-researched and accurate.