Desktops or laptops have become essential elements of our daily lives. We can say that the personal computer is one of the crucial innovations or products of technology. We perform most of our official work or projects on those particular computers.
However, whenever we use any electronic item, we also require other things that are helpful in the functioning of those electronic items. One of such essential computer accessories is the docking station.
Now the question arises- what is a docking station? What is it used for? It is a device used for charging any type of electronic devices, such as a laptop, smartphone, PC, etc.
It plays a significant role in providing power supply to those devices. It is one of the most required or demanded computer peripherals.
If you think you can use a single docking station as charging support for all electronic items, then you may be wrong.
The type of docking station required depends upon the model or brand of PC that you are using. The docking station of an Android device cannot be the same as that of an Apple or Windows device.
Which brand of PC do you own? If it is a Macbook Pro, then this article will be beneficial for you. There are many Macbook Pro docking stations available in the market.
But not all of them are suitable to use. Let us go through some of the best Macbook Pro docking stations available online. We will also go through their different types of advantages and disadvantages along with their features. It will be quite useful to you.
Best MacBook Pro Docking Stations: Our Pick 👌
Below is a list of some of the best Macbook Pro docking stations available in the market. You can choose any one of them according to your convenience.
1. CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock
The first item we would like to include on our list of best Macbook Pro docking stations is the CalDigit TS3 Thunderbolt 3 dock.
It is one of the most popular docking stations available in the market. As the name of the product suggests, it is best known for its hardware and built quality.
It is quite expensive when compared to other devices in the same category. The particular device consists of 15 ports in total. Moreover, it has a fan fitted inside it to keep it cool.
You can place the specific equipment in any alignment as per your requirements. The device supports charging output up to 85W. Though it has a high price, it is one of users’ most preferred docking stations. Let us go through some of its pros and cons.
- a) The first and foremost advantage of the device is that it provides 15 external ports to charge. This feature can help you to connect multiple devices to its ports.
- b) The particular device also supports the connectivity of 4K or 5K monitors. It is one of the most prominent advantages of the specific docking station.
- c) It also supports a fast SD card reader. Moreover, the output and transfer speed of the card is also high in the case of this device.
- d) The device doesn’t compromise with good quality video and audio playback. You can connect your audio or music devices, such as amplifiers, speakers, etc., directly to the docking station mentioned above.
- e) One of the prominent pros of the devices is their built quality. The brand has not compromised it.
- a) It shows some connectivity problems when connecting a wireless keyboard.
- b) Many customers are dissatisfied with its high price. There are many other similar devices available at a lower price range.
2. Stone Pro Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Let us move to the next item on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations. Can you guess it? It is none other than the Stone Pro Thunderbolt 3 dock.
It is another popular device available in the online market. The particular brand has managed to create a massive base of users for its product. Let us go through some of its features.
A single connection helps connect the device mentioned above to your Macbook pro. It has ten different types of ports. Apart from it, the device is known to provide a more reliable connection to your devices when compared to other items in its category.
The power output of the specific Macbook is excellent. It is up to 87 watts. It doesn’t matter which version of the Macbook you won; the device works smoothly with every device. The display port is also provided with the docking station mentioned above.
It has also received many positive reviews from its users on many prominent platforms, which ensures the credibility of the brand. Let us now move to the different pros and cons of the Stone Pro Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
- a) It has a solid metallic body. In addition to it, the particular device is designed for Macbook laptops. If you have a Macbook and you need a docking station, then don’t forget to go through this one.
- b) It has a power supply of 135 watts. It is one of the best power-supplying devices available in the market.
- c) You no more need a cable cutter or any type of adapter. Its ten ports help to serve all your needs.
- d) Many customers are a fan of the design of the particular docking station.
- a) The device has connectivity issues sometimes.
- b) Many users have reported its price to be very high.
3. LandingZone 15-Port Docking Station
The next item that we would like to include on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations is the LandingZone 15-Port Docking Station. Many customers consider it one of the best devices available in its category. Let us go through its details or features.
If you compare it with other devices mentioned above, then you will find its price to be less expensive. You will be glad to know that the specific device is equipped with 15 different types of ports.
Type-C charging is also supported here. Ethernet and audio jack ports are added advantages here. However, if you have the latest Macbook Pro version, then this might not work well for you.
The newest version of the particular docking station is on its way to production. Let us now go through some of its pros and cons.
- a) It has got good build quality. Its body is quite robust. Even if you use it roughly, there won’t be any problem.
- b) As discussed above, its price is lower than other devices in the same category. This is the reason for the growing popularity of the particular device.
- c) It fits well with all the older versions of the Macbook Pro available on the market. So you need not worry if you own a more former model of Macbook Pro.
- d) It has 15 different types of ports equipped with it. It supports multiple functions.
- a) Because of the high charging wattage, the system gets hot while charging.
- b) Moreover, as discussed above, the device is not compatible with the latest Macbook Pro version. The newest docking station is yet to be released into the market.
4. Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Let us move to the next item on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations. We would like to include the Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Dock on our list. It is one of the most popular docking stations available in its category.
You will be glad to know that the particular docking station has received several awards for its features.
Moreover, the device is quite affordable. It is also compatible with every version of the Macbook Pro device. Furthermore, it is supported by up to 60 watts of power. In addition to all of these, there are 5 USB Type-A ports.
There is also the presence of a 3.5mm port. In total, you will get 11 ports here. This was all about its features. Let us go through its pros and cons now.
- a) The device offers flexible connectivity. You can connect a single display up to 4K. Don’t worry if you own a resolution device. It also works great with lower-resolution devices.
- b) The next advantage of the docking station mentioned above is its massive expandability.
- c) The device arrives on the market with a warranty period of two years. It is a great advantage to customers or users.
- d) As discussed, its price is low compared to other devices in the same category. So, many users find it convenient to buy a specific docking station.
- e) Many customers are happy with the sleek and compact design of the device. You can easily carry it with you anywhere. If you are a working professional, then it is the perfect device or docking station for you.
- a) The docking station faces some issues connecting to dual displays.
- b) The after-sales service of a particular device is not satisfactory. Many customers have reported the problem mentioned above.
5. TOTU Universal USB-C 4K Triple Display Docking Station
The next item that we would like to include on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations is TOTU Upgraded Universal USB-C Triple Display Docking Station.
If you won a Macbook Pro, then the product mentioned above can be one of the best choices for you. Let us go through its features.
The particular device is equipped with 14 different ports. HDMI and USB are some of the ports available in the device. 60 watts of charging is supported for your laptop.
In addition to all these, the above-mentioned device comes with a warranty of 12 months. However, for using the device, the host USB-C port must support Display Port Alt Mode and Power Delivery.
Moreover, the docking station is compatible with Mac-OS and Windows USB-C systems. The device has received many positive reviews from its users on many prominent platforms. Different pros and cons of the particular hardware device are mentioned below.
- a) The device is unique from all other options in the category as it has a triple display system.
- b) The installation process of the docking station is smooth. Users find it easy to install and use the device.
- c) Build quality of the specific device is excellent. Moreover, it is durable. If you want to use any docking station rigorously for a more extended period, then it is the right choice for you.
- d) Customers are also satisfied with their fair prices.
- a) Gaming and HDCP playback is not supported here. It is a matter of dissatisfaction for some of the customers.
- b) Many users have faced connectivity issues with the device mentioned above.
6. Anker USB C Hub for MacBook
Let us move to the next item or docking station on our list of Macbook Pro docking devices. We would like to choose Anker USB C Hub for our list. It is another popular product available in the market.
The brand Anker is popular in the market for its computer peripherals. The brand has created a good reputation in the market and among its users.
If you are interested in buying less expensive docking devices, then the product mentioned above can be the right choice for you. Apart from it, it is also a seven-in-one USB-C adapter. Isn’t it exciting?
It has different ports, such as HDMI, USB-A, Thunderbolt USB-C, etc. The brand is well-known for its contribution to the field of technology. A multi-monitor display is one of the most prominent features of the docking station mentioned above.
It is one of the most preferred docks by users for its marvelous features. Let us go through some of its pros and cons, which can be quite useful to you.
- a) The device has excellent speed in connectivity and charging.
- b) Moreover, it has a high-definition feature. You will be glad to know that the particular device supports charging up to 1000 watts.
- c) Massive expansion is an added advantage of the docking station.
- d) Another essential feature of the device is the crystal clear display. If you connect any external device, then you will find the display quality to be high. Streaming or monitoring will also be better when compared to other devices in the same category.
- a) It kills Wi-Fi and Bluetooth after getting connected.
- b) The device has issues with its durability. It might create some problems after some months of usage.
7. QGeeM USB C Hub Adapter
The next item that we would like to include on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations is QGeeM USB C Hub Adapter. If you are a regular Mac products user, then you must have come across the device mentioned above. Let us go through its specification.
It is quite a stylish docking station. It is one of the most popular docking stations available in the market. Most of the users consider it one of the best in its category. It has got many positive reviews and ratings on many popular platforms.
You will get a nine-in-one docking station if you choose a particular device. HDMI, Mini Display, USB 3.0, etc., are some of the included ports in the device. It fits with every type of Macbook model. You can mirror or extend your screen.
Moreover, multiple ports allow you to connect every type of device that you need.
Eighteen months of warranty is provided with the device mentioned above. The brand has a good reputation in the after-sales services of its products. You will be glad to know that data transfer up to 5 Gbps is allowed on a specific device.
Let us go through its different pros and cons.
- a) More ports equipped with the device allow you to handle multiple functions. It has an excellent expansion adapter to connect multiple devices/accessories to your MBP. Moreover, the design is compact and sleek, easy-to-plug-and-play to extend the power of your Macbook Pro/Macbook Air.
- b) You can get two types of display modes with the device. They are mirror mode and extend mode. Monitors and projectors can be easily fitted with the device mentioned above.
- c) It is pocket-sized and compact. You can carry it along with you anytime and anywhere. It is one of the most prominent advantages of using the docking station mentioned above.
- d) The product performs great in terms of durability. Once you buy it, you need not worry about its usage and durability anymore. It has got a solid and rigid body.
- a) The device sometimes faces problems with multiple connections at a time.
- b) The device gets heated up after long hours of usage. Many customers have reported the problem stated above.
8. Mokin Macbook Pro Docking Station
Now, we move on to the next item on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations. It is none other than the Mokin docking station. It is another popular device available in the market.
If you go through its reviews and ratings on any online store, you will find that the responses from the users are quite positive.
It has an advanced chip for expanding your work opportunities. You don’t need any drivers or software for its installation. You can simply plug it in and play. Moreover, it is 12 in one device having multiple ports.
Mokin is a well-known brand in the market for its computer peripherals. It also has a dual HDMI VGA Ethernet feature. If you are a regular user of the Macbook Pro, then you can choose the device mentioned above for your usage.
However, as we know, almost all computer peripherals have some disadvantages along with advantages. Let us go through some of the pros and cons of the specific docking station.
- a) The first advantage that we are going to discuss for the particular device is its performance. The device provides a stable performance along with expanding your work opportunities. You will feel no lag in its functions.
- b) You will get mirror and extend modes with the device or docking station mentioned above. It is one of the most prominent features available with the device.
- c) The chip installed in the particular device is quite advanced, and it helps in the fast and smooth performance of the docking station.
- d) The power delivery is up to 100 watts. This is another added advantage of the device.
- a) The device gets heated up if you use it for long hours. It is a matter of dissatisfaction for the users.
- b) The device mentioned above shows connectivity issues after a few months of usage. So there is a question about the durability of the particular docking station.
9. RAYROW USB-C Docking Station
The next device that we would like to include on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations is none other than the RAYROW USB-C Docking Station.
Although the particular product is new to the computer peripherals market, it has created a vast base of users and a good reputation in the market. You can confidently rely on this device for your daily work. Let us go through its specifications.
The device mentioned above comes with SSD external storage. Like most of the docking stations mentioned in the list, RAYBOW also has a plug-and-play system. It also has dual 4K HDMI ports. Ultra HD 4K triple display is an added feature of the device.
In addition to all of these, the docking station mentioned above is compatible with both Mac and Windows platforms. If you have both Mac and Windows laptops, then the specific docking station is the right choice for you.
This feature of the device makes it unique in its category. Apart from this, it also works well with Linux and Chrome operating systems.
So, you can use it for both official and personal purposes. Let us go through the pros and cons of the docking station mentioned above.
- a) Performance is the first important feature we want to mention here. The device shows a fast and seamless performance. Speed up to 1000 Mbps is shown in the device.
- b) The docking station has a cooling hole structure. This structure helps to lower the heat generation while using the device. Unlike most of the devices mentioned above, you will find less heat generated from the device.
- c) The device supports a triple display feature. Most of the users are crazy about this feature.
- d) The device is quite durable because of its rigid body.
- a) The particular docking station shows some connectivity issues after usage.
- b) The brand or company doesn’t provide satisfactory after-sales service.
10. Saferell Macbook Pro Docking Station
The next and last item on our list of Macbook Pro docking stations is the Saferell Docking station. If you are a regular Mac user, then you must have heard about the particular device from any of your friends or colleagues.
It is one of the best computer peripherals available in its category. Moreover, it has got good ratings and reviews from its users on many prominent platforms. It has dual HDMI ports.
In addition to all of these, the docking station mentioned above has a 9-in-2 USB-C feature along with a 100W PD charging port.
You can also find the presence of 2 USB 3.0 ports. The particular device is compact, and you can easily carry it to your office or anywhere else. Let us now focus on the different pros and cons of the device mentioned above.
- a) The particular docking station from Saferell has a 9-in-2 USB-C feature, which gives you an opportunity for massive expansion.
- b) If you are involved more in surfing or data transmission, then the particular docking station is the right choice for you. The device has a good reputation in the market for fast data transmission and surfing.
- c) The docking station also supports a triple display for Ultra HD 4K devices.
- d) The dual-core tech feature equipped with the device prevents overheating during usage.
- e) Fast PD 100W charging is another prominent feature of the docking station mentioned above.
- a) Though it has an in-built feature to prevent overheating, it shows heating issues after extended usage.
- b) The HDMI ports show connectivity issues sometimes. If you have worked with that port, you may not choose this docking station.
📗Frequently Asked Questions
Till now, we studied different Macbook Pro docking stations along with their pros and cons. Still, there are some common questions from the customers’ end regarding the docking stations.
Let us go through some of these frequently asked questions. It might help you resolve your doubts regarding docking stations.
What docking stations are compatible with MacBook Pro?
The top docks for MacBook Pro are Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Core, Kensington SD5200T Dual 4K docking station, CalDigit TS4 Thunderbolt 4 18-in-1 Hub, Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 docking station, etc.
Do Macbooks work with docking stations?
The Brydge Vertical Docking Station is handy for 13-inch, 15-inch, 16-inch MacBook Pros, and 13-inch Macbook Air.
Can I connect 2 monitors to my MacBook Pro?
You can connect up to two displays for Mac systems with Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2, or Mini DisplayPort. If they have Thunderbolt ports, they can be used to connect one display with another and connect the other to the MAC Thunderbolt port.
Can I connect 2 monitors to my MacBook Pro M1?
Laptops with M1 Pro can connect two external displays of 6k resolution at 60Hz. However, Macbooks with M1 Max can connect up to 3 external displays (6k resolution) and one with 4k at 60Hz.
Do I need a Thunderbolt dock?
If you are looking for a lot of bandwidth for external monitors and high-speed storage drives, a Thunderbolt 3 or 4 dock can be an excellent option.
Is the Thunderbolt the same as USB-C?
Thunderbolt and USB-C ports are universal; however, they are different. The Thunderbolt ports are entirely compatible with USB-C devices and offer features that make them stand out compared to USB-C.
What is the difference between Thunderbolt and USB-C?
Thunderbolt is a technology that provides faster data transfer speeds through a USB-C port. The USB-C port incompatible with Thunderbolt has a transferring rate of 20Gbps.
How many monitors can a Macbook Pro support in 2022?
It can support up to three external displays of 6k resolution and one of 4k resolution at 60Hz.
Why are computer docks so expensive?
The advanced USB-C docking stations have ports with the latest technologies like Thunderbolt 3. It aids in quicker data transfer and charging. The expensive accessories likely support high-resolution monitors.
Can we use all the ports at a time?
The answer to the question mentioned above is yes. Most of the docking stations have facilities of multiple ports. But that doesn’t restrict you to using only one port at a time. You can use various ports without any problem.
Do docking stations help in charging the devices quickly?
Again, the answer to the above question is yes. Nowadays, most docking stations have many advanced features. Those features assist in the fast or quick charging of your devices.
Do docking stations arrive with cases?
No, most of the docking stations arrive without cases. Cases are not necessary. However, if you want, you can buy a separate case for your docking station for better protection.
While running multiple display setups, does the docking station mirror the primary screen to all displays, or can we run three different apps on each screen?
Yes, you can run three different apps with the docking station. You won’t find any problem in performing it.
Is it compatible with Smart TV?
Most of the docking stations are compatible with Smart TVs. However, you can check the same from the retailer before buying any Macbook Pro docking station.
Conclusion on best docking stations for macbook pro
Technology has taken a different turn in the current century. Most professionals use laptops for their office or personal work.
Many computer users are big fans of Apple laptops. Many MacBook Pro users require different types of peripherals for their laptops. One such computer peripheral is the docking station.
In the above article, we discussed some of the best Macbook Pro docking stations available in the market. Different users have different types of needs and budgets.
You can go through the specifications and the pros and cons of different docking stations. You can choose any docking station according to your requirements.
Moreover, you have also to keep an eye on your budget. Docking stations are proved to be quite useful to computer users. If you require charging support along with other functions for your Macbook Pro, then don’t hesitate to buy the right docking station.