All Windows versions load many services at startup. Most of them (not all) are essential to the core system features. By disabling unnecessary services, performance can be can be improved significantly, especially on computers with low system resources.
Here are some of the windows 10 services to disable to improve performance:-
- Print Spooler (if you don’t use a printer or print-to-PDF)
- Bluetooth Support (if you don’t use any Bluetooth devices)
- Remote Registry (this is not usually enabled by default, but if is you can disable it for safety)
- Remote Desktop (3 services, which you can disable if you don’t use this)
- TabletInputService ( Enables Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel pen and ink functionality)
- WbioSrvc ( The Windows biometric service gives client applications the ability to capture, compare, manipulate, and store biometric data without gaining direct access to any biometric hardware or samples. The service is hosted in a privileged SVCHOST process.)
- vmickvpexchange (Provides a mechanism to exchange data between the virtual machine and the operating system running on the physical computer.)
it’s really hectic work for you to choose single services and disable one-by-one. To improve performance of your Windows 10 PC, navigate to http://www.sordum.org and download Easy Service Optimizer tool
After unzipping, run the program. Easy Service Optimizer will detect your operating system, and show the appropriate Windows services list. You now have 4 choices :
- Default (your current list of services)
- Safe (a no risk selection)
- Tweaked (an optimized selection)
- Extreme (a high level of optimization)
NOTE:- These lists include only services capable of optimization (not all of them). Adding a new service and changing its startup type can cause your system to become unstable. Please be careful. We do not accept responsibility for any mistakes.
I will recommend you to first click on the “Safe” and click on the “Apply setting to the marked services” first and then check the performance of your Windows 10 PC.
and if Safe option didn’t work well for you then select “Tweaked ” services and click on the “Apply setting to the marked services“.If you are a gamer then try “Extreme” option.
Reset services list:-
If you want to load the default list, just choose ‘Services –> Reset Service List’
Services that changed from Anniversary Update to Creators Update include:-
Connected Devices Platform User Service_????? is new.
DataCollectionPublishingService is removed.
Data Usage is new.
DevicesFlow_????? is new.
Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management is new.
IP Translation Configuration Service is new.
LPA Service is new.
Natural Authentication is new.
Optimize Drives changed from Manual to Disabled by default.
Token Broker is new and default description is not available.
Wi-Fi Direct Services Connection Manager Service is new.
Windows Defender Network Inspection Service renamed to Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service.
Windows Defender Service renamed to Windows Defender Antivirus Service.
Windows Defender Security Center Service is new.
Windows MultiPoint Server Host Service renamed to MultiPoint Service.
Windows MultiPoint Server Repair Service renamed to MultiPoint Repair Service.
This Video Tutorial will help you to use this Software.
Hope my article “windows 10 services to disable to improve performance” helps. If you have any query, feel free to comment.