Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Smartwatch For Teenager to buy in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 🐱🐉
Teenagers are at the time of their lives where they tend to learn more about themselves in their own way and start to behave differently. They sometimes indulge in activities unknown to their parents and often keep secrets from them.
They are at the time of their lives where they start to think more about who they want to be, and they tend to explore a lot. They usually end up in a lot of trouble sometimes, so it is safer to keep a watch on them.
A perfect way you can keep track of a teenager’s activities is by introducing them to the world of advanced technology by getting them a smartwatch.
In this advanced day and time, teenagers should be living smart and the best gift you can get for them at that age is a smartwatch. They are very useful and definitely worth the money.
With a smartwatch, you can track the location of a teenage child, and monitor their movements from wherever. Smartwatches also come with Bluetooth and WiFi.
If you do not wish to get a teenager a cell phone, a smartwatch is a way to go, as some smartwatches are standalone’s.
Smartwatches are very easy to use for communication as you can make calls and receive calls with a smartwatch, learn more with it, download apps and games, and it keep a teenager busy. Most teenagers love gadgets, so you can never go wrong buying one.
Before getting a smartwatch, you need to carefully consider some factors that will aid you in knowing what type of smartwatch to buy for a teenager, but first, here is a thorough list of the best smartwatches you can get for a teenager, that is available for sale in the market:
Best Smartwatch For Teenager: Our Top Picks
1. Apple Watch Series 3
Apple watches series 3 was released in 2017 and is best suitable for users of the iPhone. It runs on every apple watch, and you can get activity competitions, apple podcasts, walkie-talkies and a lot more from the smartwatch. The specifications are very impressive for any premium smartwatch and it is second to series 4.
The smartwatch has a GPS and biometrics, and it is also water-resistant to 50 meters. It has Bluetooth and WiFi, an 8GB storage powered by the S3 dual-cordship.
It is expensive, but a bit cheaper than Series 4. The smartwatch offers very good quality, it is fast and has great vibrant colors. It also displays notifications when you are not near your phone. It is a perfect smartwatch for teenager.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Apple Watch Series 3 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- The phone is of very good quality, and it is convenient to use when you do not have your phone on you.
- The fitness portion is very good. It gives a summary of your workouts, types of workouts as well.
- The phone is small and looks good on the wrist.
- The sounds are very good on the smartwatch and the notification sounds are loud enough.
- It is discreet; you can easily check your messages and calls on your wrist.
- You can control your music wherever you are from your watch.
- Very customizable.
- The smartwatch is very expensive.
- It tends to lose service quite often probably due to the distance.
- The smartwatch is solely for Apple applications, as you can’t use it with other applications.
- The charger is magnetic and might fall off when you move the smartwatch.
2. Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE: Best Smartwatch For Teenager under 350 $
What you get under the hood of the Samsung Gear 3 Frontier is the Exynos 7270CPU, dual-core is 1.0GHZ, 768RAM, and 4GB storage. It weighs only 222 ounces and is 1.5 inches thick.
It is bigger than its predecessor. The display is awesome with a resolution of 320 X 320 and covered in Gorilla Glass S+. It is water and dust-resistant and covered in stainless steel or 316L.
In addition to WiFi and Bluetooth, it also has GPS built-in, so it’s not necessary to take your phone with you when you are on a run. It also has a built-in LATE. One of its distinct features is Samsung Pay; you simply have to hold it next to any standard card terminal and it should work.
You can use it to make and receive calls when connected to Bluetooth, and the standalone can make you receive calls independently since it has sim card options. You can also use it with Bluetooth headphones and it comes in very nice packaging.
The charging brick used a USB to charge, and it has a cradle for wireless charging. The Samsung Gear 3 Frontier is one of the best smartwatch for teenager, especially because of its good looks and ruggedness for teenagers since it does not scratch easily.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- The operating system is very fast and fluid.
- The rotating vessel is perfect for navigation, and there are two buttons; the home button and the back button.
- You can use your smartwatch to draw letters in replying to a message.
- The smartwatch has a built-in heart rate monitor and the GPS is much improved, though it cannot replace a fitness tracker.
- It has a classy design and the smartwatch is water-resistant
- It does not have all the major applications.
- The voice implementation of the smartwatch is terrible.
- It is bulky in size and weight.
3. LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition
The smartwatch operates on the Android Marshmallow version 6.0. The smartwatch has three buttons on the side; the middle button serves as the home button and to display the applications on the smartwatch, the bottom button is for LG health, the top button is for contacts. The customization cannot be changed.
The smartwatch is suitable for many languages, and also offers some hand gestures if you prefer. It comes with Bluetooth, WiFi, music, sounds, and emergency alerts. Screen lock is also a new feature for the smartwatch.
The smartwatch can work with other sims, but you may not get LTE. If you can connect a Bluetooth headset with it, you would not be able to receive calls through the device as it does not route the audio to the headset.
The battery life is not bad and should last a full day. The speaker is quite loud and the call quality is very good. It has a built-in cellular radio that allows you to use your watch without your phone nearby. It offers great use of colors and the brightness is equally good. It is suitable for teenagers.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- It offers a new version of Android.
- The customization for the buttons is set and cannot be changed.
- Calls cannot be rerouted to the headset; only for music.
- The rubber strap is very uncomfortable and you cannot change it.
- It is expensive.
- The battery is decent and the charger is not so good.
At the time of our research on “Best Smartwatch For Teenager”, we found a video about “9 Hurtful Things Parents Tell Teens” which is worth watching. 📗🏆
4. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch: Best Smartwatch For Teenager under 150 $
This smartwatch is the thinnest and lightest smartwatch that offers comfortability all day and night. It comprises a heart rate sensor, accelerometer, WiFi, Bluetooth and it also works for both Android and iPhones.
It has a water resistance of 50 meters and also has music storage. It has a battery life of up to four days. The band is a fitness band as well as a smartwatch. It is universal for both teenage boys and girls. The smartwatch comes with up to 500 applications.
It has a near-perfect calculation for heart rate which makes the watch good for exercises like running, cycling, swimming, and more. The smartwatch supports over 15 exercises. It gives you an estimate of your sleep time if you sleep with it on.
It is a full-fledged stopwatch and a very good fitness companion. The touch skin display is really great and it offers very vibrant colors and is bright under the sun.
The watch comes in silver as well as rose gold. The bands can be changed. It has a very simple interface and is very easy to use. You can interact with the watch when exercising as well. You can feel the vibration easily, but cannot respond to messages.
The smartwatch helps you count your steps and reminds you to stretch and move around when you have been sitting for too long. It can help with your calories by tracking it and lets you know if you are losing weight. The memory is large enough to store lots of songs.
The 🔋 battery lasts longer than an Apple battery life. It gets things right and is very comfortable and easy for fitness. It is better for fitness but not so much for a smartwatch. It is the best smartwatch for teenager, especially for sport active teenagers.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Fitbit Versa Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- It is suitable for fitness; so there’s no need to get a fitness band.
- The band is very thin and light which makes it very comfortable on the wrist.
- It supports both Android and iPhone.
- There is no GPS in the watch, you have to use your phone.
- It does not have an on-display function.
- It cannot use a virtual assistant, and you can only make payments on the special edition.
- It is not so smart for a smartwatch but more suitable for fitness.
5. Nixon Mission Action Sports Smartwatch
The Nixon Mission Action Sports Smartwatch is smart and very tough. It was built to withstand harsh conditions and it is majorly for sports activities like mountain diving, snow diving, surfing as well.
It is used majorly in water and has a 100-meter resistance rating. It is powered by Android Wear and equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 2100. It can withstand an active lifestyle in water and in the mountain. It has a 316L stainless steel case, and a Gorilla Glass Crystal. The smartwatch is strong enough to withstand the elements.
The smartwatch has an active GPS maps and navigations system, shared messages and notifications, and it is built for surfing, and snow. The smartwatch is ultra-rugged and has a pro-level activity. You can also save your session with the Nixon Mission smartwatch.
It is bigger and thicker and the battery can get you through a full day. The more you use it, the faster the battery life reduces. It has a beautiful screen and the brightness can be increased in the sun.
The waterproofing can be locked and unlocked. The charging uses magnetic charging. It is suitable for teenagers that are into wild sports like surfing, snow or mountain climbing and even swimming.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Nixon Mission Action Sports Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- It is very water friendly and can stand in harsh conditions.
- It is majorly meant for underwater and sporting activities.
6. Asus Zen Watch 3
This smartwatch is a perfect companion to your Zen phone. The design is stylish and classic. It has an innovative three-button design that makes it easy to navigate. The leather bands are Italian and it has a 316L stainless steel body.
The smartwatch is a sight to behold. It comes in silver, metal, and rose gold. The craftsmanship can last a very long time. It is easy to personalize the watch and make it your own. The smartwatch offers over 50 faces in the design application.
The Zen smartwatch can keep up if you have a very active lifestyle. You can exercise with the Zen UI Fit Application. The charging is very clever and the hypercharge system can top up to 60% in 15 minutes, and with the battery pack, you can get an extra 40% charge. You can put the smartwatch in an eco mode which can double your battery life.
The Snapdragon by Qualcomm processor uses 25% less power than the previous one. The smartwatch embodies luxury for everyone. It is a bit cheaper than most smartwatches and affordable for those that cannot afford a very expensive smartwatch.
The watch has zero scratches, and the bands are easy to remove and swap. It has no issues with water and the buttons are not loose. The bottom button activates the eco mode, the middle brings up the applications, and the top button pops up the Zen UI Fitness Application.
You can receive and make phone calls with the smartwatch. You can hear properly, but it might be harder in very noisy environments. The SOS option also provides a quick and preferred number you can call immediately.
The watch is not too serious for fitness enthusiasts, but it displays your data. It is perfect for teenagers and it is easy to call for an emergency when a teenager is in one.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Asus Zen Watch 3 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- It is cheaper than most smartwatches and affordable.
- You can sync music to the smartwatch.
- It is bright outdoors in sunlight.
- It works with all Android devices.
- The battery life lasts longer and it is very fast to charge.
- The heart rate tracking and GPS is missing in the smartwatch.
- The vibration is very tame, and it is difficult to know when it vibrates.
7. Zeblaze THOR 4
The Zeblaze smartwatch is one of the first smartwatches to use Android 4.0. It has 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. You can take pictures of the watch.
The battery life is good as it can last up to a full day. The watch has a 500mAh. The battery life depends on how you use the watch. The resolution is 400 X 400. The screen is bright enough to use outside. You cannot use the screen in more than one place at a time, as it does not provide for multiple touches.
The cable cannot fall from the phone since it is strong enough. The heart rate monitor is at the back of the watch. The straps are not removable. The side of the watch can do everything you would do on Google Applications.
The watch can make and receive calls that you can do on Android. The screen comes on when you turn your hands to see your wrist. The watch can be easily customized as it provides a lot of faces. It is simple and easy to use the smartwatch.
You cannot reply to the messages or notifications on your smartwatch, and you cannot also read individual messages. The smartwatch is not very reliable for GPS.
For sporting activities, since the heart rate is not really accurate, the watch is not too advisable for fitness. It is suitable for teenagers you want to contact and you can request them to take a picture to know their whereabouts or get the information you need.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Zeblaze THOR 4 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- The smartwatch is easy to use.
- It has a camera option.
- The internal storage is quite large.
- The heart rate is not accurate, so it is not very suitable for fitness.
- The screen is not multi-touch and cannot be used in more than one place.
- The straps are not removable.
- The watch is not so sensitive to hand gestures.
8. Huawei Watch 2
The smartwatch is very wearable and full of technology. It is very durable and looks better. It has a very good display and it has no issues under the sun. It is not really a sports band.
You can easily change the straps. It uses Android Oreo and it offers Alice navigation. It has significant improvement for fitness and you can get a full data process of monitoring the updates.
The smartwatch has Bluetooth, WiFi, and it is a bit complicated because of the plenty of technology included. It takes a lot more time to study and understand.
The battery life is not too strong due to the use of multiple applications. You get a tiny disconnect notification when the phone disconnects from the smartwatch. The strap is easy to change.
The buttons of the smartwatch do not stick out and it is plastic. It has a slightly smaller core. It functions after it has been used in water as well.
It has built-in heart rate sensors. It can last for almost two days and uses an hour and thirty minutes to charge. You can make and receive phone calls on the smartwatch. The voice is audible, but the tone is muffled and not very clear.
It is not as sensitive to get the full display. The screen is smaller and chunkier. It has a great screen, and you can store music on your watch. You can get voice messaging on Allo and messaging.
The vibration of the phone is good enough. The audio is loud enough and the health features are robust. It has a very accurate heartbeat rate. It is a great watch that is very useful for teenagers and has better screen quality.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Huawei Watch 2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- The smartwatch is very tech-built.
- It has great screen quality.
- The sports band is cheap and not very good.
- The smartwatch is complex and takes more time to understand because of the plenty of technology.
- The watch does not inform you of when your phone gets disconnected.
- The voice is not very audible when receiving calls.
9. LEMFO LEF 2
LEMFO LEF 2 is the best smart and Android watch in the market. It has an application store where you can download all the applications you need. It has a 1.3 inch TFT screen and a quad-core of 1.0 GHz.
It uses Android 5.1 and has 512MB RAM storage and an 8GB ROM. It also offers Bluetooth, GPS, Messages, Pedometer, Music, Weather, Notification reminder, and more.
The smartwatch looks good and has a wire and magnetic charge. A screwdriver is also part of the package to use to open the sim slot. It has a rubber strap that is very comfortable to wear.
There are two buttons on the side; the home button or power button and the back button, and sandwiched between the two is a 2mp camera.
The heart rate sensor is made of metal, the sides do not feel cheap. When you start the smartwatch, you enter the type of device you use. The display is bright and has vibrant colors.
It is visible under direct sunlight. The metallic body is really refreshing. The applications are okay and not limited since you can download more. The camera is tilted and decent for a watch camera. It has an active GPS you can use for locations. The battery life lasts a full day for moderate usage.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The LEMFO LEF 2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- The smartwatch can install almost all applications.
- The camera is decent enough.
- The smartwatch does not come with a charging dock.
- The pedometer is not that good.
10. Blocks Modular Smartwatch
The concept of the Blocks Modular Smartwatch is that offers different modules that you have to activate if you want to use it.
There is a module development kit for others to be able to develop their applications. You can also put on four to five modules on your wrist depending on your wrist size.
The block smartwatch comes with additional modules, and it works for both iOS and Android. The smartwatch runs on Android Marshmallow. It has 4GB internal storage and a Qualcomm Snapdragon wear 2100 under the hood.
The smartwatch can be a standalone watch and it is water-resistant. The watch includes the core and four modules. It offers sound, WiFi, GPS application, Bluetooth, and you can also check different audio sounds.
You can use the modules to connect a call and talk. The modules can be activated the same way. The hardware is decent and the body is nice.
It also comes in three different containers, and the smartwatch lets you use whatever application you want to launch. The side of the core gives you a connective voice.
It has a magnetic charger and has a good brightness setting. The smartwatch is perfect for teenagers who want to explore technology more.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Blocks Modular Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Smartwatch For Teenager to get in 2022.
- It has a lot of modules
- You can put on four to five modules on your wrist depending on the size.
- The software is not too good. It is a work in progress.
- It crashes a lot and is hard to update.
- The charging cable is not too good.
📗Best Smartwatch For Teenager: What To Consider
There are lots of factors to consider before getting a smartwatch for a teenager. Some of these factors include:
- All teenagers are expected to be between the ages of 13 to 19. The teenager has to fall within this category.
- Consider if the teenager is a fitness freak; that determines the kind of smartwatch that would be preferable for the child.
- How likely will the smartwatch break? It is better to know the kind of teenager you’re getting a smartwatch for, and if they are clumsy with stuff. It will be better to get a smartwatch that is tough and does not break or scratch easily.
- If the teenager is very sporty, then there are smartwatches that are suitable for them.
- If the teenager does not have a phone, it is better to buy a standalone smartwatch.
- Let’s not forget the money; consider your pocket before choosing the type of smartwatch to get for a teenager.
- The smartwatch should have customization options especially for teenagers who like to have fun and make their gadgets personal to them.
🎏FAQ’s on Best Smartwatch For Teenager
Below are a couple of queries on Best Smartwatch For Teenager that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
Are smart watches worth it?
The smart watch certainly has some great features, and for those who use them it is certainly worth the money.
Do Smartwatches need data plans?
They're like extremely limited mobile phones, and as such, require either a data plan or a prepaid 2G or 3G SIM card, depending on the model.
Can you text on a smart watch?
How far can smartwatch be from phone?
The range of the wireless Bluetooth connection between your phone and your smartwatch can vary greatly depending on the environment. In general, you should have at least 10 meters (or 30 feet) of connectivity.
🎭Reasons why a teenager needs a Smartwatch
There are various reasons why a teenager would need a smartwatch. Some of those reasons include:
- It is easier to see your notifications on your smartwatch if your phone is not with you.
- You can answer calls easily with a smartwatch.
- You can track your fitness activities with a smartwatch.
- You can track the teenager with a GPS location tracker.
- It is easier to use a smartwatch when traveling.
- The smartwatch helps you locate your phone very easily.
The smartwatches listed above are the best smartwatches you can get for a teenager. Basically, a smartwatch has a lot of uses and benefits, and it is highly advisable to get one for your teenage child as it takes a lot of stress off parents, and increases learning and fun for teenagers.
It could also build them in learning more where technology is concerned. By following the factors mentioned, getting the right smartwatch for a teenager is also made easier.