This is our buyer’s guide to Best Gimbals for iPhone in 2022. 🤔
Our review team manually reviewed the around 15 gambles available in the market, and we came to the best seven ones for our readers in this definitive guide.
Without any further delay, Let’s get started. 🐱🐉
Due to a lot of breakthroughs in technology and an increased level of innovations, our mobile devices have been greatly enhanced to do a lot of things in the past two decades or more.
For instance, an iPhone or Android phone can serve the same purpose or even do better than what a 1998 digital camera could accomplish. They can even serve as an e-wallet where you can perform all your transactions, as a traffic guide, etc.
Ordinarily, these feats would have looked quite impossible about a half-century ago, but as we would have it, they have been made very possible today and haven’t looked out of place.
When it comes to the best-performing mobile devices today, you can’t possibly look beyond iPhones. They are impressively built and perform all their tasks in the best possible way that would leave the user completely satisfied.
One of the purposes an iPhone serves in recent times is to take high-quality pictures and record high-definition videos.
We are in a digital world where everything is usually captured and recorded for entertainment and future use, and an iPhone is excellent for doing this.
Despite its picture clarity, high resolution, and definition, making the best videos by hand holding an iPhone would usually take a lot of effort.
Most times, the picture quality would be great, but there would always be some issues like having shaky and jerky images that would leave a lot to be desired.
To accomplish some perfection when making videos with iPhones, there is the need to look for a device that would allow for a concentrated capture by eliminating shakiness and jerkiness.
And allow for enhanced camera performance like camera movement, shots from various angles, and other high camera performances that would lead to a dynamic, smooth, and better video coverage.
If you are looking for the perfect device that would allow you to make highly dynamic and professional videos with your iPhone, then you can’t look beyond a gimbal.
A gimbal is an enhancer or a stabilizer that usually allows the rotation of your iPhone along various axes.
Ideally, a modern gimbal offers mechanical support for your iPhone. It has three axes rotation that allows your iPhone to capture the intended footage or image in three axes.
It would also allow the user to avoid amateurish situations like shaking, jerking, and blurriness, allowing total concentration and dynamic video coverage.
If you want a gimbal for your iPhone, we have compiled a list of the best available options in the market. There are many options in the market, and making the right choice could become a big issue for you.
However, with our guide, you would be enhanced to make the perfect buying decision without running the risk of buying a gimbal that won’t serve the desired effect.
After thorough market research and through many experts’ and buyers’ reviews, we have put together a list of the best gimbals you can get for your iPhone to enjoy the best video recording sessions.
In picking our choice products, we have considered value for money, compatibility, dimensions, stabilization, weight, battery life, and other important features that work together to make a great best gimbal for phone.
Best Gimbals For iPhone – Our Top Pick👌
1. Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis – Best gimbal for iPhone 13
The Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer is arguably the best option when choosing the perfect gimbals for iPhones.
This gimbal offers a lot of admirable features that would transform your video-making experience and would leave you feeling like a top professional after seeing your work.
It has the ‘Smooth 4’ advanced feature with focus pull and zoom capability. With this feature, you would get an amazing operation that allows you to zoom in and out as you desire to take close-up shots.
You would also achieve high precision focus changes in real-time to come up with creative shots by simply using the FN button, which comes with a handheld wheel configured into a focus puller.
This gimbal also comes with a PhoneGo mode that allows for the immediate transition of a scene. With this feature, the gimbal enhances your iPhone to react to every kind of movement immediately, and you can be sure of capturing every single shot no matter how fast it could be.
This is it if you are looking for a gimbal that turns your phone into a professional filmmaking camera.
This gimbal comes with an integrated control panel that reduces the need to touch the screen and helps the users to control both the stabilizer and phone camera directly with the use of hotkey buttons.
Another great feature of the Zhiyun Smooth 4 is that it can easily track objects. This gimbal is enhanced to track objects with higher precision and create smooth footage.
All you need do is frame the object you wish to track on the screen, and the gimbal would easily do the rest. This stabilizer also supports all kinds of advanced shooting techniques needed to create high-quality footage.
You can easily perform functions like time-lapse, moving a time-lapse, hyper-lapse, slow motion, motion lapse, etc., with this gimbal.
This gimbal would easily run for 12 hours on a single charge, and it comes with an advanced control panel design that allows you to track it and easily recognize and switch between different gimbal modes.
- This stabilizer has a two-way charging function that allows it to charge when necessary easily.
- With a battery life of 12 hours, you can enjoy your filming for an extended period.
- It comes with an object tracking feature that allows you to track an object with higher precision and create smooth footage at all times.
- You can easily control the stabilizer and the mobile camera with the hotkey buttons that come with it.
- With the PhoneGo mode, you will likely not miss a single shot as it is built to respond fast and capture every delicate movement.
- At just $119, this stabilizer offers great value for money compared to what you can get by buying it.
It supports advanced shooting techniques like slow motion, time-lapse, motion-lapse, hyper-lapse, freestyle time-lapse, etc., that allow you to create your footage like a top professional, which makes it put in our Best Gimbals for iPhone list.
- This gimbal could be a little bit heavy.
- The time lapse feature might not work out as great as advertised.
2. Hohem iSteady Mobile – Best gimbal for mirrorless camera 2022
The Hohem iSteady Mobile – iPhone Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer is another highly rated product that everyone who wishes to take the art of mobile filmmaking to the next level must seriously consider.
This gimbal stabilizer can work effectively with both iPhones and Android devices and is built to totally transform your mobile filmmaking experience to a significantly high level.
For iPhones, this gimbal stabilizer supports virtually all kinds of iPhone models, including iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, and iPhone X.
This means you can easily use this gimbal to transform your mobile filmmaking experience regardless of the model of the iPhone you use.
This gimbal comes with advanced shooting techniques like time-lapse, freestyle time lap, motion lapse, hyper-lapse, slow motion, recording lives, etc., that greatly enhance smooth and precise footage-making.
With the smart track feature that comes with this gimbal, you can easily track objects with great precision, and you can easily take 180 degrees and 360 degrees panoramas.
Another great thing about this gimbal stabilizer is its powerful motor, which allows for great compatibility with large phones.
You also get two-way charging, as it can be charged by a mini power source and be powered with a stabilizer through its USB port.
It comes with a 4000mAh battery that can last for 12 hours on a single charge, and buyers also get a one-year warranty on this gimbal, which puts it in our Best Gimbals for iPhone list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Hohem iSteady Mobile that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gimbals for iPhone.
- Users can get up to 12 hours of filming time on a single charge due to the powerful 4000mAh battery with this stabilizer.
- It offers great compatibility as it can function seamlessly with virtually all iPhone devices and many Android devices.
- It offers a two-way charging feature that makes charging easy when required.
- This gimbal stabilizer comes with advanced shooting techniques like time-lapse, slow motion, recording lives, hyper motion, etc., greatly enhancing precise and smooth footage.
- You also get stylish LED light displays that indicate the battery capacity so that you can know when to recharge.
- For $99, this gimbal stabilizer is one of the best options for value for money.
- The motor noise could be a huge turn-off and must be fixed in subsequent upgrades.
- The tracking software also leaves a bit of room for improvement.
3. Steadicam Volt Electronic Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
The Steadicam Volt Electronic Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer lives up to its name as it provides a steady platform for your iPhone to create great video footage reminiscent of Hollywood’s high-quality offerings.
This gimbal is made with a 3-axis gyroscopic stabilizer, allowing you to get more stable video footage in the movie and sports mode.
A great thing about this particular gimbal not found in many other products is that it could work manually even when the battery runs out. At one pound, it offers great mobility while not leaving out stability.
This gimbal is collapsible, and you can easily collapse it to a size that you can easily carry alongside you to wherever you are going. It also comes with stimulated inertia that would make you feel as if you are flying a large Steadicam when filming.
You probably don’t have to worry about compatibility with this gimbal as it is highly compatible with virtually all Apple iPhones, including the latest Xs, Xs Max, and XR.
The Steadicam Volt is compatible with the GoPro Hero camera mount. It also features a ‘Low Mode’ technology that allows you to film the action low to the ground to capture every single shot.
This product allows you to capture the action with precision and ease as it comes with quick panning movements that ensure even the fastest footage is not missed.
This gimbal has won several awards for its innovation and quality, including the CES Innovation Awards for Outstanding Design and Engineering in Consumer Products.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Steadicam Volt Electronic Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gimbals for iPhone.
- It is compatible with all Apple iPhone devices, including the latest versions.
- It can work manually when the battery runs out.
- The GoPro Hero camera allows you to film the actions low to the ground, ensuring you have precise footage.
- Even the fastest and most delicate images would not be missed with this gimbal’s quick panning movements.
- It is collapsible and can easily move from one place to another without hassle.
- At just about $99, this is a very affordable gimbal, and it offers great value for money.
- This gimbal doesn’t have built-in camera control, and you must do all controls through the touch screen.
- The motor noise is another issue, as it tends to interfere with the sound of the footage.
4. Moza Mini-MI 3-Axis – Best gimbal for iPhone 11
The Moza Mini-MI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer is a revolutionary and innovative product from the Moza brand, and it would leave you truly satisfied after use. This gimbal stabilizer is the first in the world to adopt a wireless phone charging feature.
This product is a 3-axis gimbal that gives you complete control of the camera for professional filmmaking needs.
You don’t need to use the touch screen to enjoy the enviable features of this gimbal stabilizer, as you can easily explore all the features through the ergonomic hotkey buttons.
This gimbal fully supports iPhones X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, and a wide variety of Android devices, including most Samsung and Huawei devices.
You can easily do a live streaming session on your various social media sites with this stabilizer. You also have access to other shooting techniques, including time-lapse and self-timer.
With this gimbal, the users would enjoy fast, precise, and reliable subject tracking through the built-in artificial intelligence recognition technology, which enables the device to automatically detect multiple subjects simultaneously and follow it from a fixed position with amazing accuracy.
Users can also take close-up images with the zoom control, which can be activated using the handgrip’s dial wheel.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Moza Mini-MI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gimbals for iPhone.
- You can easily control the camera from wherever you are with the dial button.
- This gimbal stabilizer allows you to track multiple objects simultaneously with the utmost precision and accuracy.
- This gimbal can capture fast and delicate movement without delay.
- This gimbal allows you to dynamically control the focus on your phone to capture the magic of each moment with clarity and precision.
- With the zoom control feature, you can take close-up footage.
- This gimbal stabilizer offers great compatibility with virtually all iPhones and most android devices.
- It is not waterproof, so you might want to avoid using it during the rainy season.
- It takes about 3 hours to get a full battery charge, and this could be a real turn-off for people looking to charge on the fly as it won’t take care of their needs.
At the time of our research on Best Gimbals for iPhone, we found a video about “20 Tricks You Should Know Before Taking a Photo” which is worth watching. 🏆🐱🐉👓
5. [FiLMic Pro Verson] Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld
This gimbal stabilizer is the FiLMic version of the chart-topping Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer. The main difference is this has been enhanced to perform the filmmaking function a little bit better than the first
. This particular product comes with nearly all the amazing features that have made the previous gimbal a huge success. It also adds a few other features that have made it a desirable filmmaking option.
It comes with additional features such as Focus pull and Zoom capability, allowing the gimbal to create more diverse images by rotating its unique follow focus hand-wheel to smoothly zoom in and out the footage.
This gimbal also comes with the PhoneGo mode, which allows the camera to follow your every movement synchronously and create scenes in a flash.
You also get an enhanced object tracking feature that allows the device to follow and track objects and follow from a fixed position to deliver accurate footage.
Just like the previous product from Zhiyun, this gimbal stabilizer also comes with hotkeys for instant control, and this would save you the inconvenience of having to touch the screen to enjoy the features.
Lastly, you get 12 hours of playtime from a single charge, allowing you to enjoy an extended time in filming and making quality videos.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld that earned it a spot in our list of best iPhone gimbal 2022.
- Users get hotkeys for easy control.
- This gimbal can easily track objects from a fixed position to deliver accurate footage.
- The phone mode allows for the instant creation of scenes and follows object movements synchronously.
- With a playtime of 12 hours on a single charge, there is ample time to create enough images.
- The height of this gimbal is fixed and can’t be adjusted if needed.
6. DJI Osmo 2 – Best gimbal for android phone 2022
The DJI Osmo 2 Handheld Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer is a special product built to film on the go. This gimbal stabilizer has all the qualities that would leave you satisfied with your filmmaking after all is done.
This gimbal is lightweight and portable as it is made of high-strength composite material that leaves its weight at just 485g.
This allows you to move and shoot with the utmost effectiveness easily. With this gimbal, it is quite easy to track your subject, all you need do is to select your subject, and the inbuilt ActiveTrack would follow in recording the perfect footage.
With its advanced shooting techniques like time-lapse, motion lapse, etc. you can create dynamic and smooth videos by turning everyday situations into incredible moments.
This gimbal has a built-in zoom slider that allows you to operate your iPhone camera from the handle with more fluid cinematic zoom and even produce dolly zoom like a pro.
You also get up to 15 hours of battery life with this gimbal on a single charge which would allow you to enjoy extended filming time and put it in our Best Gimbals for iPhone list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The DJI Osmo 2 Mobile Gimbal Stabilizer that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gimbals for iPhone.
- This gimbal is lightweight and portable, making it easy to use and carry along.
- With up to 15 hours of battery life, you are sure of a product that allows you to create enough footage without being stranded.
- You get to enjoy advanced shooting techniques like time-lapse, motion lapse, etc., that would contribute to creating smooth and dynamic footage.
- It offers easy object tracking features for accurate captures.
- With this gimbal, you would need to manually switch orientations as it doesn’t have an automatic mode for switching orientation.
- The accompanying tripod stand and other accessories tend to be fragile.
Best Gimbals for iPhone: What To Consider
To make the right buying decision, there are some things every buyer must look out for when trying to buy a gimbal stabilizer for iPhones. Some of them are stated below.
The compatibility of the gimbal with your iPhone is an important thing you can’t possibly trade for any other feature.
You must be sure that the gimbal stabilizer you are paying for offers full compatibility for your iPhone device; else, your investment will be wasted.
Investing in a gimbal that offers compatibility with almost all iPhone devices is advisable, as you may have a reason to change your device, and you won’t want to find out the gimbal can’t work with your new device.
The battery life is also very important, and you must make sure you are buying a product with a good enough battery life.
Getting a gimbal is great, but if the battery life is not great, you won’t even be able to enjoy it at all.
As such, ensure the battery life of whichever product you invest in is great, offering at least 10 hours of filming time on a single charge.
The gimbal’s weight is also very important as filmmaking requires a lot of attention, and you wouldn’t want to add a huge weight to the demands of filming your footage.
The perfect gimbal should not be too heavy so that you can easily carry it and tilt it along any axis to make the desirable video footage.
This is a gimbal’s primary aim: to stabilize and give your iPhone the chance to move along various axes to make a perfect video devoid of jerkiness and shakiness. To accomplish this, the gimbal must come with a 3-axis rotation.
Any gimbal that doesn’t provide a 3-axis rotation would not provide you with the perfect platform to make a great video.
Hence, you are strongly advised to invest in gimbals that offer 3-axis rotation and provide the needed stabilization and support for your iPhone.
Other things you must consider include the overall features of the gimbal, value for money, brand credibility, experts’ reviews, and buyers’ reviews, as a combination of all of these would help a lot in making the right buying decision.
You are also advised to take all the precautions involved with all products and follow all the maintenance procedures needed to have the best user experience.
Overall, all the gimbals listed on this site are of top-notch quality and are trusted by most buyers to provide the needed support for their iPhones when making videos.
Suffice it to say these products would also be great for you and you should not hesitate to invest in any of them.