Do you have the curiosity to know about the best digital camera under 300 $ to buy in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 🏆
Having the right camera can make your job 100% easier and more efficient in photography. As technology has continued to evolve over the years, more and more cameras have been made available.
Hence, it is easier to get a great camera than ten years ago. Even though there are many options out there, there is a misconception about the pricing.
Many believe you need to shell out a lot of cash to have one of the best digital cameras. However, this isn’t true, as there are many budget-friendly options to choose from.
The major factors you should consider before purchasing a digital camera are; zoom, megapixels, and sensor size. Although the pricing is equally important, ensuring your choice provides you with all you need is of greater importance.
Purchasing one of the best digital cameras can be tasking. However, it is achievable.
This article will highlight some of the best budget-friendly digital cameras that cost under $300. It will also highlight their pros, cons, and specifications.
Best Digital Camera Under 300 $ – Our Picks
1. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 Zoom Camera
As the name implies, the Panasonic Lumix FZ80 Zoom camera is the epitome of optically manufactured digital cameras. Its 4K technology makes it super easy to take photos from a distance.
Also, what’s great is the inclusion of the Lumix lens, which gives it a bright contrast. This digital camera is great for travel and can provide printable photos of up to 30 blistering frames.
- Product dimensions 4.7 x 5.1 x 3.7 inches.
- Brand exclusive 4K photo burst and video capture performance.
- 1 MP sensor resolution.
- 20-1200mm Lumix DC Vario lens (optically stabilized).
- The focus range of 11.81 inches.
- Item weight of 1.36 pounds.
- One lithium battery is included.
- A wide 60X zoom range allows its user to capture a wide view.
- Fast autofocus.
- Touch LCD.
- Support for raw images and 4K video.
- Sharp EVF.
- The telephoto video shows a lot of wobble effects.
- It has a fixed rear LCD.
- No EVF eye sensor.
Note:- The Panasonic FZ80 Zoom camera is an amazing digital camera that is worth purchasing.
Its zoom and raw effect enhance the picture quality and promise professionalism; definitely worth the money, which makes it perfectly fit in our best digital camera under 300 $ 2022 list.
2. GoPro Hero5 Black
If you’re searching for a budget-friendly camera that allows you to personalize your photos, then the Go Pro Hero5 Black is just right. Created to be waterproof, the Go Pro Hero5 black allows its user to playback, review, and trim his/her photos.
It also comes with a long-lasting, quick-charge battery, which improves the shelf life of the camera. This amazing digital camera is great for beginners, as it helps them adjust their settings until they get their preferred one.
- Product dimensions; 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches.
- Weight; 11.2 ounces.
- One lithium battery is included.
- Up to 33ft waterproof without a housing.
- It supports 4K videos and 12MP photos.
- A Playback feature so you can review shots.
- Waterproof even without housing.
- Great edit options for your photos.
- 4K quality photos.
- Effective electronic image stabilization.
- Slow touch screen responsiveness
- Weak battery, as it drains fast, especially while using the touch screen.
Note:- The Go Pro Hero5 Black camera is a great digital camera that allows its user to adjust his/her work personally.
However, because of how quickly the battery dies, it might not be the best option for traveling. It is, however, worth the price.
3. Canon EOS Rebel Gll 35mm Camera
The Canon EOS Rebel 35mm digital camera is a great option for quality and price. It is also great for beginners, as it comes with an affordable SLR kit. This kit comprises a 35-80mm camera lens, perfect for zoom, which is great for beginners and pros.
It also has over 11 exposure modes, including a night scene mode. The night scene mode has the perfect balance between natural light and flash. All of these features enable the photos to come out looking stunning, professional, and highly realistic.
- Shutter speeds of 30 to 1/2000 seconds.
- Automatic features are great for beginners.
- 11 exposure modes.
- 35-80mm Zoom lens.
- Built-in flash with red-eye reduction capacity.
- A weight of 1.3 pounds.
- 1 CR123A battery.
- Affordable Film SLR kits.
- A great digital camera for beginners.
- 11 exposure modes for each picture.
- 35-80mm camera lenses for better zoom and picture quality.
The only con that has been complained about is the camera’s screen. It has been noticed that the greatest aren’t optically accurate.
Note:- The Canon EOS Rebel, 35mm Camera, is a great digital camera for beginners and pros. The kit makes it easier for beginners to learn more about focus. Wi-Fi is worth the price, making it perfectly fit in our best digital camera under 300 $ 2022 list.
4. Canon PowerShot SX530
Created to capture far and close images, the Canon Powershot SX530 is amazing for this purpose. Its 50x optical zoom lens makes it easier to capture images, regardless of how far it might be. It also has a 1080p resolution for full HD videos, which produces the best picture quality with its 16.0 megapixels.
Are you worried about the darkness of the night? That shouldn’t be a problem, as the high-sensitivity CMOS feature makes it easier and better.
- Product dimensions; 4.7 x 3.6 x 3.2
- 50x optical zoom
- Wireless connectivity
- Full HD
- Zooming frame assist
- 0 Megapixel
- Item weight; 15.5 ounces
- One lithium battery
- One of the major proofs of using the Canon Powershot SX530 is its 50x optical zoom. This feature allows its user to take photos miles away and still retain great camera quality.
- Its ergonomic feel makes it easier to use anytime.
- Wireless connectivity makes it convenient for travel.
- Great picture quality.
The sole con of using the Canon Powershot SX530 is the slow focus. Unlike certain digital cameras that are quick to focus, the Canon SX530 can be slow.
Note:- The pros of the Canon Powershot SX530 greatly outweigh its cons; hence it is a great investment. Plus, for a budget-friendly price, it does pack a lot of benefits.
At the time of our research on “Best Digital Camera Under 300 $”, we found a video about “20 Tricks You Should Know Before Taking a Photo,” which is worth watching. 🏆
5. Nikon Coolpix B500
Manufactured for versatility regardless of the time and day, the Nikon Coolpix B500 is a must-have for any photographer. With a 40x optical zoom lens, the Nikon Coolpix B500 can take a shot at a distance of up to 35mm.
Its VR optical image stabilization ensures sharp videos and pictures are professionally done. Its Wi-Fi-supported feature makes it easier to transfer pictures and videos without hassle.
Also, the duration of its lithium batteries allows its user to take over 1240 shots before it is exhausted.
- Product dimensions; 6.1 x 5 x 5.8inches
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor.
- A 40x optical lens with 80x optical zoom.
- 1080p full HD video recording at 30fps.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are supported.
- Eighteen scene modes for editing.
- Remote control via smartphone or tablet.
- Item weight; 1.92 pounds
- 4 AA batteries included
- Supports full HD 1080p video recording.
- Great for long shots because of its 80x dynamic zoom.
- It supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth sharing purposes.
- Its easy-to-use interface makes it super easy to navigate.
- Low ISO performance.
- Some pictures become noisy while viewing them.
Note:- The Nikon Coolpix B500 is a great option, especially if you require an affordable camera that is great for long shots.
Overall, this digital camera is great for the purpose you might have chosen it for.
6. Canon Powershot SX730
For years Canon has been the go-to brand of cameras for many, and they have never relented in manufacturing amazing digital cameras. Another one of their great digital cameras is the Canon Powershot SX730.
This camera, which is perfect for travelers, has over 20.3 megapixels and supports full HD recording. Its 40x optical zoom makes it easier to capture images that are far away. It also enhances the picture quality of the finished job.
Its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth sharing feature makes it even easier to share your finished product with other devices.
- Product dimensions; 1.6 x 4.3 x 2.5.
- Item weight; 10.6 ounces.
- 1 Battery included.
- Digi 6 image processor.
- 40x optical zoom.
- 3 Megapixel & CMOS Sensor.
- 1080p video resolution
- Optical Image Stabilization
- 1080p video resolution.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Optical Image Stabilization.
- Selfie-friendly LCD screen.
- 960mm Good tele lens.
- 3MP High resolution.
- Slow lens focusing.
- Very low battery life, which offers only 250 shots.
Note:- If you’re considering getting the Canon Powershot SX730, then absolutely! The pros outweigh the cons, and you do the job required of it.
7. Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS
Created for convenience and to perform equal functions, the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS is the perfect camera to carry whenever. Its ultra slimness (0.9inches) makes it great for convenience and travel.
Its 12x optical lens also provides enough optical zoom to capture great pictures. It is also Wi-Fi supported, which makes it extra easy to transfer pictures and videos easily. It comes with a loaded pack filled with accessories for different uses.
What this camera doesn’t have in size, it makes up for in picture quality. Its LCD screen with 20.2 megapixels ensures you have high-quality pictures every time.
- Product dimensions 10 x 8.2 x 6.2 inches.
- A bundle pack containing; the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS digital camera, 1 Lithium-ion battery, Charger, point-and-shoot accessories, wrist strap, and power pack.
- 2 Megapixel and a DIGIC 4+ image processor.
- 0-inch high-resolution LCD screen.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Item weight; 1.9 pounds.
- Lightweight and slim, which makes it convenient for travel.
- Fast performance.
- 2 Megapixel and LCD screen, which gives amazing pictures.
- Several special effects modes.
- Unlike other digital cameras, the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS has no touch screen.
- Low battery life.
- No environmental sealing.
Note:- The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS is a camera great for travel because of its lightweight. However, it might not do so great if you need to capture several photos for professional purposes.
Overall, this digital camera has a lot of benefits and, thus, is a great investment.
8. Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Waterproof Digital Camera
If you’re searching for a camera that can take on adventures to capture every moment, then this is the camera for you. The Fujifilm FinePix XP130 digital camera is the perfect camera to serve this purpose because it has been created for it.
Its waterproof, freezeproof, and shockproof feature allows its user to carry it anywhere. Its 5x optical zoom, coupled with its 16.4 Megapixel back-illuminated sensor, ensures you have high-definition pictures even underwater.
It is Underwater, and Underwater Macro mode takes this feature up a notch by reproducing the same colors seen by the human eye. It also has a Bluetooth-enabled feature, as well as geotagging.
- Product dimensions 5.7 x 5.5 x 2.1 inches.
- Item weight; 1 pound.
- 4 megapixel.
- Waterproof to 65ft/20M, freezeproof to 14 degrees, shockproof to 5.8ft/1.75M, and dustproof.
- 5x optical zoom.
- Bluetooth-enabled capabilities.
- Geotagging capabilities.
- 1 Lithium battery.
- Great face detection and image stabilization, especially for beginners.
- 5x optical zoom.
- Waterproof, freezeproof, and shockproof features.
- Lightweight, which makes it convenient for travel and day trips.
- The lens is usually slow, which is terrible when trying to capture fast-moving actions.
- The battery life is low.
Note:- The Fujifilm FinePix X130 is a great digital camera for beginners and fun. Although the picture quality is great, the slow lens and battery might be problematic.
Overall, it is worth its price and a good camera depending on what you need, which makes it perfectly fits our best digital camera under 300 $ 2022 list.
9. Sony DSCW800
Sony has been one of the major pioneer brands of digital cameras for years, and this is one of their budget-friendly options. With a 5x optical zoom and HD stabilization technology, you will find that this amazing digital camera offers great photo quality.
Its 720p HD video recording mode captures videos in high-definition mode. It also offers a panorama sweep style photo mode, which captures a wide view at a go.
You can conveniently charge your camera via its USB port wherever you are.
- Product dimensions; 2 x 2.1 x 0.9 inches.
- 5x optical zoom.
- 720p video capture mode.
- Reduced blur detection mode for better picture quality.
- 1 Megapixel.
- 360 Sweep Panorama feature.
- Item weight; 8.8 ounces.
- USB Port is available for charging.
- Face detection and stabilization for amazing pictures.
- 1 megapixel, 720p video mode, and 5x optical zoom for high-quality pictures and videos.
- Lightweight and can be changed easily, making it great for travel and convenience.
- No wireless connection
- The camera struggles with an extreme light situation. Hence, it might be difficult to capture great pictures in a location with poor or too much light.
Note: The Sony DSCW800 is one of the most budget-friendly options from this brand, and it has many benefits. It is a great investment, regardless of the listed cons.
10. Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS60
The Panasonic Lumix DFC-XS60 is one of the most budget-friendly options with great benefits that you can find. One of the most astonishing features is its 30x zoom lens, which is not usually offered in any cost-effective digital camera.
This camera captures videos ultrafast at 30 frames per second and utilizes an 18.1 megapixel via a 4K video capture. Its 3 inches touch screen LCD lens allows easy navigation of the features in the camera.
It comes with various shooting modes, with the JPEG and RAW modes as the favorite for many. It is, also lightweight and a favorite for many professionals and beginners.
- Product dimensions; 8.3 x 7.4 x 5.7.
- Item weight; 2 pounds.
- 30x zoom lens.
- 4K video capture and 18.1 megapixels for high-quality pictures.
- Raw and JPEG shooting modes.
- 3 inches LCD touch screen for better navigation and easy assessment.
- Compact size for convenience.
- 1 megapixel and 30x zoom for high-quality pictures.
- Several shooting modes for creativity.
The most noticeable con is that it has a small sensor, which is usually only great during the day.
Note:- The Panasonic Lumix DMC Lumix XS60 is a great investment, especially because of its 30x zoom lens. That alone trumps any con that might be noticed, as you can seldom find this lens in budget-friendly digital cameras.
11. Bonna 21 Megapixels, HD Digital Camera
The Bonna 21 is a great HD camera for professional photographers and beginners. This digital camera offers over 21 megapixels and a maximum HD resolution of 720p.
Some of its most amazing features are; face and smile detection, anti-shaking features, and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Its 27” TFT LCD touchscreen allows for easy navigation and understanding of the different modes.
Some of the modes are; continuous shot and self-timer. Its 8x zoom lens allows its user to capture far pictures and videos. It supports sharing via email and printing.
- Product dimensions; 6.4 x 5.9 x 2.4 inches.
- Item weight; 5.6 ounces
- 27” TFT LCD touchscreen display.
- 21 Megapixels and 720p video resolution.
- Supports external memory with a maximum of 64GB.
- 8x zoom lens with photo editing.
- Supports sharing via email and printing.
- 550mAH lithium-ion batteries.
- Anti-shake and face detection features.
- 1-month money-back guarantee.
- 21 megapixels for high-quality pictures.
- 720 video resolution and 8x optical zoom lens for capturing far pictures in great quality.
- Offers support for an external SD card, which can be up to 64GB.
- Anti-shake and smile detection abilities for the perfect picture.
- No wireless connections
Note:- The Bonna 21 digital camera is great for beginners, as it preps them by enhancing their skills. It is a great camera for its price and worth purchasing.
12. Sony DSCWX350
The most distinct fact about the Sony DSC WX350 is its ability to retain a 20x zoom despite its compact size. Its size makes it the smallest compact digital camera right now worth every penny.
This digital camera is lightweight and offers over six modes of shooting to choose from. Its 460,000 resolution in its 3-inch LCD gives it a very crisp appearance and high-quality images.
It also comes with NFC and Wi-Fi support, which allows easy access and transfer of photos from a laptop or phone.
- Compact size of 3.8 x 1 x 2.2 inches.
- 20x optical zoom lens.
- 4K quality images and videos.
- Sweep Panorama mode to capture a wide view.
- Lithium-ion battery.
- 3” LCD screen.
- 1080p screen resolution.
- Built-in wireless feature.
- Built-in wireless connection.
- Long battery life.
- Image Stabilization.
- Lightweight for convenience and leisure.
- 20x optical zoom.
- 1080p screen resolution.
- No RAW shooting.
- Slow lens focus
Note:- The Sony DSC WX350 is a great compact digital camera with 20x optical zoom for convenience and usage. Its pros outweigh its cons, which makes it a great option for cameras under $300.
13. Canon PowerShot SX720
The Canon Powershot SX720 HS is a great digital camera with 1080p resolution for great-quality pictures. Its built-in Wi-Fi connection allows its user to access and transfers photos easily online.
It’s 40x optical zoom allows you to capture amazing pictures from a distance, while its 922,000 dot LCD screen resolution offers crisp details.
With a 20.3 megapixel CMOS, you would have crystal clear pictures in the best shooting mode.
Below are some of the features of the Canon PowerShot SX720 that earned it a spot in our list of the best digital camera under $300.
- Product dimension; 2.5 x 1.4 x 4.3 inch.
- Item weight; 8.6 ounces.
- 40x optical zoom.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allow easy transfer and access of photos.
- 3-megapixel CMOS with DIGIC 6 image processor.
- 1080p full HD video resolution.
- A large 3-inch LCD screen.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Canon PowerShot SX720 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Digital Camera Under 300 $.
- 40x optical zoom for accurate and high-quality pictures.
- Wi-Fi connection for easy transfer and access to photos and videos.
- 1080p full HD resolution.
- 3 megapixels for a full definition of images.
- No touchscreen.
- Poor view in low light.
- It doesn’t support RAW capture of images.
Note:- This digital camera is great for capturing during the day. However, the quality might not be great at night.
14. Leica Sofort Instant Camera
The Leica Sofort instant camera is manufactured with an instant viewfinder on the top, which can assist you in finding a shot. This digital camera comes with an auto on/off lens, which is great for increasing the shelf life of the camera over time.
There are different shooting modes while using this digital camera, like; the selfie, party, and sports modes. It, also has a lot of other settings that help produce amazing photos and a removable battery that can retain up to 100 shots.
Below are some of the features of the Leica Sofort Instant Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Digital Camera Under 300 $.
- Product dinension; 3.7 x 2.3 x 4.9.
- Lithium-ion battery.
- Different settings for picture production.
- Great battery life with over 100 pictures at 20%
- Item weight; 1.4 pounds.
- Well-built camera.
- Easy user interface.
- Multiple picture modes for capture.
- Nice appearance.
- The film packs are expensive when it requires replacement.
Note:- The Leica Sorfot instant camera is a great option for digital cameras under $300.
15. Kodak PIXPRO AZ652
The Kodak Pixpro AZ652 comes with a 52x zoom lens that is great for capturing at a distance. It has a 116.38-megapixel resolution that adds to the quality and clarity of every photo captured.
The 65x optical zoom lens, along with the ergonomic grip allows you to take pictures from unconventional positions.
Below are some of the features of the Kodak PIXPRO AZ652 camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Digital Camera Under 300 $.
- Product dimensions; 5 x 3.5x 4.5 inches.
- 65x optical zoom from its 52x zoom lens.
- Electronic viewfinder.
- Item weight; 1.33 pounds.
- 1 Lithium-ion battery.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Kodak PIXPRO AZ652 Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Digital Camera Under 300 $.
- A lot of framing options.
- Sharp quality of pictures.
- Broad focal range.
- LCD touch screen.
- A bit bulky and inconvenient.
- Slow autofocus in the lens.
- Non-adjustable Screen
There are so many other options for digital cameras to choose from. However, these are the very best. Before purchasing one, it is always important to ascertain what exactly you’re searching for in a digital camera.
With one of these budget-friendly options, you will purchase one of the best digital cameras under $300.