Do you have the curiosity to know about the best digital camera under 300 $ to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
In the world of photography, having the right camera can make your job 100% easier and efficient. As technology has continued to evolve over the years, more and more cameras have been made available.
Hence, it is easier to get a great camera now as opposed to 10 years ago. Even though there are a lot of options out there, there is a misconception as regards the pricing.
A lot of people believe you need to shell out a lot of cash to have one of the best digital cameras. This, however, isn’t true, as there are a lot of budget-friendly options to choose from.
The major factors, you should consider before purchasing a digital camera are; the zoom, megapixels and sensor size. Although the pricing is equally important, ensuring your choice provides you with all you need is of greater importance. Purchasing one of the best digital cameras can be tasking, however, it is achievable.
This article will highlight some of the best digital cameras that are budget-friendly and cost under $300. It will, also, highlight their pros and cons, as well as, their specifications.
Here is The List of Best Digital Camera Under 300 $ To Buy in 2019
1. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 Zoom Camera
The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 Zoom camera, as the name implies, is the epitome of optically manufactured digital cameras. Its 4K technology makes it super easy to take photos from a far distance. Also, what’s great is the inclusion of the Lumix lens, which gives it a bright contrast. This digital camera is great for travel and is able to provide printable photos of up to 30 blistering frames.
- Product dimensions 4.7 x 5.1 x 3.7 inches.
- Brand exclusive 4K photo burst and video capture performance.
- 1 MP sensor resolution.
- 20-1200mm Lumix DC Vario lens (optically stabilized).
- Focus range of 11.81 inches.
- Item weight of 1.36 pounds.
- 1 lithium battery included.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 Zoom Camera.
- A wide 60X zoom range, allowing its user to capture a wide view.
- Fast autofocus.
- Touch LCD.
- Wifi enabled.
- Support for raw images and 4K video.
- Sharp EVF.
- The telephoto video shows a lot of wobble effect.
- Fixed rear LCD.
- No EVF eye sensor.
Note:- The Panasonic FZ80 Zoom camera is an amazing digital camera that is definitely worth purchasing. It’s zoom and raw effect enhances the picture quality and promises professionalism. Definitely worth the money which makes it to perfectly fit in our best digital camera under 300 $ 2019 list.
2. GoPro Hero5 Black
If you’re searching for a budget-friendly camera that allows you to personalize your photos, then the Go Pro Hero5 Black is just right. Created to be waterproof, the Go Pro Hero5 black allows its user playback, review, and trim his/her photos.
It, also, comes with a long lasting, quick charge battery, which improves the shelf life of the camera. This amazing digital camera is great for beginners, as it helps them adjust their settings until they get their preferred one.
- Product dimensions; 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches.
- Weight; 11.2 ounces.
- 1 lithium battery included.
- Up to 33ft waterproof without a housing.
- Supported 4K videos and 12MP photos.
- A Playback feature, so you can review shots.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The GoPro Hero5 Black.
- Waterproof even without a housing.
- Great edit options for your photos.
- 4K quality of photos.
- Effective electronic image stabilization.
- Slow touch screen responsiveness
- Weak battery, as it drains really fast, especially while using the touch screen.
Note:- The Go Pro Hero5 Black camera is a great digital camera that allows its user to personally adjust his/her work. However, because of how quickly the battery dies, it might not be the best option for traveling. It is, however, worth the price.
3. Canon EOS Rebel Gll 35mm Camera
The Canon EOS Rebel 35mm digital camera is a great option for the quality and price. It is, also, great for beginners, as it comes with an affordable SLR kit. This kit comes packed with a 35-80mm camera lens, perfect for zoom, which is great for beginners and pros.
It, also, has over 11 exposure modes, including a night scene mode. The night scene mode has the perfect balance between natural light and the flash. All of these features enable the photos to come out looking stunning, professional and highly realistic.
- Shutter speeds of 30 to 1/2000 seconds.
- Automatic features are great for beginners.
- 11 exposure modes.
- 35-80mm Zoom lens.
- Built-in flash with red-eye reduction capacity.
- A weight of 1.3 pounds.
- 1 CR123A battery.
- Affordable Film SLR kits.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Canon EOS Rebel Gll 35mm Camera.
- A great digital camera for beginners.
- 11 exposure modes for each picture.
- 35-80mm camera lenses for better zoom and picture quality.
The only con that has been complained about is the screen of the camera. It has been noticed that the greatest aren’t optically accurate.
Note:- The Canon EOS Rebel Gll 35mm Camera is a great digital camera great for beginners and pros. The kit makes it easier for beginners to learn more about focus. Wi-Fi, it is worth the price which makes it to perfectly fit in our best digital camera under 300 $ 2019 list.
4. Canon PowerShot SX530
Created to capture both far and close images, the Canon Powershot SX530 is amazing for this purpose. Its 50x optical zoom lens makes it easier to capture images, regardless of how far it might be. It, also, has a 1080p resolution for full HD videos, which produces the best picture quality with its 16.0 megapixel.
Worried about the darkness of the night? That shouldn’t be a problem, as the high sensitivity CMOS feature makes it easier and better.
- Product dimensions; 4.7 x 3.6 x 3.2
- 50x optical zoom
- Wireless connectivity
- Full HD
- Zooming frame assist
- 0 Megapixel
- Item weight; 15.5 ounces
- 1 lithium battery
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Canon PowerShot SX530.
- One of the major proof using the Canon Powershot SX530 is its 50x optical zoom. This feature allows its user to take photos of miles away and still retain great camera quality.
- Its ergonomic feel makes it easier to use anytime.
- Wireless connectivity makes it convenient for travel.
- Great picture quality.
The sole con of using the Canon Powershot SX530 is the slow focus. Unlike certain digital cameras that are quick to focus, the Canon SX530 can be slow.
Note:- The pros of the Canon Powershot SX530 greatly outweigh its cons, hence it is a great investment. Plus, for a budget-friendly price, it does pack a lot of benefits.
5. Nikon Coolpix B500
Manufactured for versatility regardless of the time and day, the Nikon Coolpix B500 is a must have for any photographer. With a 40x optical zoom lens, the Nikon Coolpix B500 can take a shot at a distance up to 35mm.
Its VR optical image stabilization ensures videos and pictures are sharp and professionally done. Its Wi-Fi supported feature makes it easier to transfer pictures and videos without any hassle. Also, the duration of its lithium batteries allows its user to take over 1240 shots before it is exhausted.
- Product dimensions; 6.1 x 5 x 5.8inches
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor.
- A 40x optical lens with 80x optical zoom.
- 1080p full HD video recording at 30fps.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi supported.
- 18 scene modes for editing.
- Remote control via smartphone or tablet.
- Item weight; 1.92 pounds
- 4 AA batteries included
- Supports full HD 1080p video recording.
- Great for long shots, because of its 80x dynamic zoom.
- Supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth sharing purposes.
- It’s easy to use interface makes it super easy to navigate.
- Low ISO performance.
- Some pictures become noisy while viewing it.
Note:- The Nikon Coolpix B500 is a great option, especially if you require an affordable camera that is great for long shots. Overall, this digital camera is great for the purpose you might have chosen it for.
6. Canon Powershot SX730
For years Canon has been the go-to brand of cameras for many, and they have never relented in manufacturing amazing digital cameras. Another one of their great digital cameras is the Canon Powershot SX730. This camera, which is perfect for travelers has over 20.3 megapixels and supports full HD recording. Its 40x optical zoom makes it easier to capture images that are far away. It also enhances the picture quality of the finished job.
Its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth sharing feature makes it, even more, easier to share your finished product with other devices.
- Product dimensions; 1.6 x 4.3 x 2.5.
- Item weight; 10.6 ounces.
- 1 Batteries included.
- Digi 6 image processor.
- 40x optical zoom.
- 3 Megapixel & CMOS Sensor.
- 1080p video resolution
- Optical Image Stabilization
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Canon Powershot SX730.
- 1080p video resolution.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Optical Image Stabilization.
- Selfie friendly LCD screen.
- 960mm Good tele lens.
- 3MP High resolution.
- Slow lens focusing.
- Very low battery life, which offers only 250 shots.
Note:- If you’re thinking about getting the Canon Powershot SX730, then absolutely! The pros outweigh the cons and do the job required of it.
7. Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS
Created for convenience and to perform equal functions, the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS is the perfect camera to carry about whenever. Its ultra slimness (0.9inches) makes it great for convenience and travel. It’s 12x optical lens also provides enough optical zoom to capture great pictures. It is also, Wi-Fi supported, which makes it extra easy to transfer pictures and videos easily. It comes with a loaded pack filled with accessories for different uses.
What this camera doesn’t have in size, it makes up for in picture quality. Its LCD screen with 20.2 megapixels ensures you have high-quality pictures every single time.
- Product dimensions 10 x 8.2 x 6.2 inches.
- A bundle pack containing; the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS digital camera, 1 Lithium-ion battery, Charger, point and shoot accessories, wrist strap and power pack.
- 2 Megapixel and a DIGIC 4+ image processor.
- 0-inch high-resolution LCD screen.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Item weight; 1.9 pounds.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS.
- Lightweight and slim, which makes it convenient for travel.
- Fast performance.
- 2 Megapixel and LCD screen, which gives amazing pictures.
- Several special effects modes.
- Unlike other digital cameras, the Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS has no touch screen.
- Low battery life.
- No environmental sealing.
Note:- The Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS is a camera great for travel, because of its lightweight. However, it might not do so great if you need to capture several photos for professional purposes. Overall, this digital camera has a lot of benefits, and thus, is a great investment.
8. Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Waterproof Digital Camera
If you’re searching for a camera that you can take on adventures to capture every single moment, then this is the camera for you. The Fujifilm FinePix XP130 digital camera is the perfect camera to serve this purpose because it has been created for it.
It’s waterproof, freezeproof, and shockproof feature allows its user to carry it literally anywhere. Its 5x optical zoom coupled with its 16.4 Megapixel back-illuminated sensor, ensures you have high definition pictures even under water.
It’s Underwater and Underwater Macro mode takes this feature up a notch, by reproducing the exact same colors seen by the human eye. It also has a Bluetooth enabled feature, as well as, geotagging.
- Product dimensions 5.7 x 5.5 x 2.1 inches.
- Item weight; 1 pound.
- 4 megapixel.
- Waterproof to 65ft/20M, freezeproof to 14 degrees, shockproof to 5.8ft/1.75M and dust proof.
- 5x optical zoom.
- Bluetooth enabled capabilities.
- Geotagging capabilities.
- 1 Lithium battery.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Waterproof Digital Camera.
- Great face detection and image stabilization, especially for beginners.
- 5x optical zoom.
- Waterproof, freezeproof, and shockproof features.
- Lightweight, which makes it convenient for travel and day trips.
- The lens is usually slow, which is terrible when you’re trying to capture fast moving actions.
- The battery life is low.
Note:- The Fujifilm FinePix X130 is a great digital camera for beginners and for fun. Although the picture quality is great, the slow lens and battery might be a problem. Overall, it is worth its price and a good camera depending on what you need which makes it to perfectly fit in our best digital camera under 300 $ 2019 list.
9. Sony DSCW800
Sony has been one of the major pioneer brands of digital cameras for years and this is one of their budget-friendly options. With a 5x optical zoom and HD stabilization technology, you will find that this amazing digital camera offers great photo quality. Its 720p HD video recording mode captures videos in a high definition mode. It, also, offers a panorama sweep style photo mode, which captures a wide view at a go.
You can conveniently charge your camera with via its USB port wherever you are.
- Product dimensions; 2 x 2.1 x 0.9 inches.
- 5x optical zoom.
- 720p video capture mode.
- Reduced blur detection mode for better picture quality.
- 1 Megapixel.
- 360 Sweep Panorama feature.
- Item weight; 8.8 ounces.
- USB Port is available for charging.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Sony DSCW800.
- Face detection and stabilization for amazing pictures.
- 1 megapixel, 720p video mode and 5x optical zoom for high-quality pictures and videos.
- Lightweight and can be charged easily making it great for travel and convenience.
- No wireless connection
- The camera struggles with an extreme light situation. Hence, in a location of poor or too much light, it might be difficult to capture great pictures.
Note:- The Sony DSCW800 is one of the most budget-friendly options from this brand and it comes with a lot of benefits. It is a great investment, regardless of the listed cons.
10. Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS60
The Panasonic Lumix DFC-XS60 is one of the most budget-friendly options with great benefits that you can find. One of the most astonishing features is its 30x zoom lens, which is not usually offered in any cost-effective digital camera. This camera captures videos ultrafast at 30 frames per second and utilizes an 18.1 megapixel via a 4K video capture. Its 3 inches touch screen LCD lens allows easy navigation of the features in the camera.
It comes with a variety of shooting modes, with the JPEG and RAW modes as the favorite for many. It is, also, lightweight and a favorite for many professionals, as well as, beginners.
- Product dimensions; 8.3 x 7.4 x 5.7.
- Item weight; 2 pounds.
- 30x zoom lens.
- 4K video capture and 18.1 megapixels for high-quality pictures.
- Raw and JPEG shooting modes.
- 3 inches LCD touch screen for better navigation and easy assessment.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS60.
- Compact size for convenience.
- 1 megapixel and 30x zoom for high-quality pictures.
- Several shooting modes for creativity.
The most noticeable con is the fact that it has a small sensor, which is usually only great during the day.
Note:- The Panasonic Lumix DMC Lumix XS60 is a great investment, especially because of its 30x zoom lens. That alone trumps any con that might be noticed, as you can seldom find this lens in budget-friendly digital cameras.
11. Bonna 21 Megapixels, HD Digital Camera
The Bonna 21 is a great HD camera that is great for both professional photographers and beginners. This digital camera offers over 21 megapixels, as well as, a maximum HD resolution of 720p. Some of its most amazing features are; face and smile detection, anti-shaking features, and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Its 27” TFT LCD touch screen allows for easy navigation and understanding of the different modes present.
Some of the modes are; continuous shot and self-timer. Its 8x zoom lens allows its user to capture far pictures and videos. It supports sharing via email and printing.
- Product dimensions; 6.4 x 5.9 x 2.4 inches.
- Item weight; 5.6 ounces
- 27” TFT LCD touch screen display.
- 21 Megapixels and 720p video resolution.
- Supports external memory with the maximum as 64GB.
- 8x zoom lens with photo editing.
- Supports sharing via email and printing.
- 550mAH Lithium-ion batteries.
- Anti-shake and face detection features.
- 1-month money back guarantee.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Bonna 21 Megapixels, HD Digital Camera.
- 21 megapixel for high-quality pictures.
- 720 video resolution and 8x optical zoom lens for capturing far pictures in great quality.
- Offers support for an external SD card, which can be up to 64GB.
- Anti-shake and smile detection abilities for the perfect picture.
- No wireless connections
Note:- The Bonna 21 digital camera is great for beginners, as it preps them by enhancing their skills. It is a great camera for its price and definitely worth purchasing.
12. Sony DSCWX350
The most distinct fact about the Sony DSC WX350 is its ability to retain a 20x zoom despite its compact size. Its size makes it the smallest compact digital camera right now worth every penny. This digital camera is lightweight and offers over 6 modes of shooting to choose from. It’s 460,000 resolution in its 3 inch LCD display gives it a very crisp appearance and high-quality images.
It, also, comes with NFC and Wi-Fi support, which allows easy access and transfer of photos from a laptop or phone.
- Compact size of 3.8 x 1 x 2.2 inches.
- 20x optical zoom lens.
- 4K quality images and videos.
- Sweep Panorama mode to capture a wide view.
- Lithium-ion battery.
- 3” LCD screen.
- 1080p screen resolution.
- Built-in wireless feature.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Sony DSCWX350.
- Built-in wireless connection.
- Long battery life.
- Image Stabilization.
- Lightweight for convenience and leisure.
- 20x optical zoom.
- 1080p screen resolution.
- No RAW shooting.
- Slow lens focus
Note:- The Sony DSC WX350 is a great compact digital camera with 20x optical zoom great for convenience and usage. Its pros outweigh its cons, which makes it a great option for cameras under $300.
13. Canon PowerShot SX720
The Canon Powershot SX720 HS is a great digital camera with 1080p resolution for great quality pictures. Its built-in Wi-Fi connection allows its user access and transfers photos easily online. Its 40x optical zoom allows you to capture amazing pictures from a far distance, while its 922,000 dot LCD screen resolution offers crisp details.
With a 20.3 megapixel CMOS, you would have crystal clear pictures in the best shooting mode.
- Product dimension; 2.5 x 1.4 x 4.3 inch.
- Item weight; 8.6 ounces.
- 40x optical zoom.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allowing easy transfer and access of photos.
- 3 megapixel CMOS with DIGIC 6 image processor.
- 1080p full HD video resolution.
- A large 3 inch LCD screen.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Canon PowerShot SX720.
- 40x optical zoom for accurate and high-quality pictures.
- Wi-Fi connection for easy transfer and access to photos and videos.
- 1080p full HD resolution.
- 3 megapixel for a full definition of images.
- No touchscreen.
- Poor view in low light.
- Doesn’t support RAW capture of images.
Note:- This digital camera is great for capturing during the day, however, the quality might not be great at night.
14. Leica Sofort Instant Camera
The Leica Sofort instant camera is manufactured with an instant viewfinder on the top, which can assist you in finding a shot. This digital camera comes with an auto on/off lens, which is great for increasing the shelf life of the camera over time. There are different modes of shooting whilst using this digital camera like; the selfie, party and sports mode.
It, also, has a lot of other settings that help in producing amazing photos and a removable battery that can retain up to 100 shots.
- Product dinension; 3.7 x 2.3 x 4.9.
- Lithium-ion battery.
- Different settings for picture production.
- Great battery life with over 100 pictures at 20%
- Item weight; 1.4 pounds.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Leica Sofort Instant Camera.
- Well built camera.
- Easy user interface.
- Multiple picture modes for capture.
- Nice appearance.
- The film packs are expensive when it requires replacement.
Note:- The Leica Sorfot instant camera is a great option for digital cameras under $300.
15. Kodak PIXPRO AZ652
The Kodak Pixpro AZ652 comes with a 52x zoom lens that is great for capturing at a distance. It has a 116.38-megapixel resolution that adds to the quality and clarity of every photo captured. The 65x optical zoom lens, along with the ergonomic grip allows you take pictures from unconventional positions.
- Product dimensions; 5 x 3.5x 4.5 inches.
- 65x optical zoom from its 52x zoom lens.
- Electronic viewfinder.
- Item weight; 1.33 pounds.
- 1 Lithium-ion battery.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Kodak PIXPRO AZ652.
- A lot of framing options.
- Sharp quality of pictures.
- Broad focal range.
- LCD touch screen.
- A bit bulky and inconvenient.
- Slow autofocus in the lens.
- Non-adjustable Screen
There are so many other options of digital cameras to choose from, however, these are the very best. It is always important to ascertain what exactly you’re searching for in a digital camera before purchasing one. With one of these budget-friendly options, you will definitely end up purchasing one of the best digital cameras under $300.