The Wayback Machine is a remarkable non-profit online platform that enables users to see any website’s historical data. That means, the sole purpose of this platform is to track all the information presents on WWW.
This platform is widely used by millions of users every day. However, it has some drawbacks, like, slow speed, and unresponsiveness on many websites.
Suppose you are intending to launch a new website and need to have a look into the historical backdrop of the successful websites relevant to your niche. Right from the layout, screenshots to the development strategy, then this article will be helpful for you.
Undoubtedly, the Wayback Machine is a smart platform, but to help you in the best possible way, we have listed the top 10 Wayback machine alternatives below-
Best Wayback Machine Alternatives: Our Pick 👌
Along with that, this online tool allows you to check the history of the website and take a screenshot of any on-demand domain. Right from the data to graphical information, you can access the information on the sites with ease.
In order to access it, all you need to do is paste the URL of the website you wish to archive, and you will be able to access the information, like, graphics, screenshots, and content effortlessly.
1. With this application’s help, you can save the content and graphical information on the web page for better accuracy. Furthermore, you can also archive the content of the live website.
2. It helps you track the website changes, right from the about us, blogs, products, and descriptions to graphical designing.
3. It not only allows you to access the content of the website but also takes screenshots, which will be saved for anyone else.
4. It is one of the best internet archive websites because it allows users to archive both HTML code and a screenshot of the website.
5. When you access this website, you will find a search bar marked with blue color that helps you to save screenshots. You will be glad after knowing that saved pages do not have active elements, which means this tool can protect you from malware.
- The interface of this website is not user-friendly. Hence you will feel difficulty in navigating.
- It’s completely free to use. However, it takes donations to stay alive.
PageFreezer is one of the most preferred Wayback machine alternative. The functionality of the Page Freezer is similar to the Wayback Machine. This website is being used by government agencies, healthcare industries, hospitality industries, and so on.
If you want to see your competitor’s website or want to analyze your own site, then Page Freezer is an ideal platform for you. This website’s main features are data export, live browsing, web page compression, digital signature, etc.
Certainly, many advanced features make PageFreezer an excellent option to see the website’s records. If you want to capture the online conversation while keeping track of the potential risk, you can use it.
1. Page Freezer is one such Wayback machine alternative that automatically compiles archive blogs, websites, and social media posts. If you are running a financial firm, you can also encapsulate the corporate chat conversation with the help of this tool.
2. This tool is extremely advanced in terms of features and security. It lets you get real-time access to dynamic websites. Moreover, it keeps an eye on activity to minimize the potential risk. Hence, PageFreezer is an excellent option for individuals to want to access live browsing and real-time archiving of the websites.
3. It’s an ideal platform for users who want to analyze the competitors’ websites and also their own. It helps you to collect, analyze, and manage online content.
4. If you are running an enterprise and want to access the past web content, archive SMS and texting, internal social media networks, then Page Freezer is your ideal place.
- You need to fill a registration form to access the features of this website.
- You need to subscribe to a premium service to automate the process of accessing and capturing screenshots.
If you are looking for the best alternative to Wayback that offers you more than screenshots, then you might like ITools. Compared to other Wayback machine alternatives, ITools has more advanced features.
As the name says, this site is known for its advanced website scanning. It can scan and provide you deep information about a site like Alexa, Popularity, Contact Information, etc.
It helps users to view a lot of useful details about any site. This tool works as a website analyzer that offers information beyond screenshots and HTML codes. This sophisticated and advanced algorithm-based tool is an ideal resource to get full information about any website.
1. The functionality of this tool is slightly different than other Wayback machine alternatives. It works like an Alexa, which provides you the useful information about the website to that degree.
If you are looking for a tool that offers you information about the website beyond the screenshots and its coding structure, then ITool might be your answer.
2. It’s a one-stop solution for the users who want to access features like website analyzer, website achiever, and access database. This tool lets you analyze the traffic of the website, statistics, Alexa rank, and so forth.
3. We call it the best Wayback machine alternative considering the detail it provides you. You will be glad to know that all these features are available at zero cost.
4. If you are an SEO and want to analyze website statistics, then ITool is the perfect option for you. Hence, it is best to retrieve complete information on the website.
5. Along with website analyzer and achiever, it comes with other advanced tools like paraphrasing, dictionary; Google translates to the web, Youtube Video search and etc.
- The interface of this site is not user-friendly.
- The paraphrasing tool of this site is not so effective.
If you are searching for an online tool that can help you improve website performance, you should try to Stillio. Along with screenshots, this tool also provides you useful data like website traffic, SEO derivatives, technical issues, and coding structure.
This tool can catch website screenshots at frequent intervals, such as hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly. The elements that make this tool an ideal Wayback machine alternative is that it lets you control your website compliances, SEO, brand, ads validation, and monitoring trends.
So, if you are a digital marketer and looking for a tool that takes your SEO practices to the next level, then use Stillio.
1. When it comes to the website that offers facilities the same as the web mark, Stillio comes to mind. This web archiving tool is very easy to access.
All you need to do, just enter the URL and set the frequency at which you want to capture the screenshots. It is an advanced and fully automatic platform that gives you full control over the screenshots, and no one deletes a specific screenshot from their database, apart from you.
2. Stillio is a responsive, engaging, and user-friendly platform that enables you to manage and monitor your brand and website. With the help of this tool, you can track trends, competitors, and analyze SEO ranking.
3. Stillio is the perfect tool for people who are seeking an internet time machine to manage your website’s history without spending too much time.
4. Interestingly, Stillio provides many configuration options, like screenshots, width-height, custom cookies, and setting server positions, etc.
- You need to subscribe to premium to access the features of this tool.
- Plans are expensive.
5. Domain Tools
Another useful best Wayback machine alternative is Domain Tools, which is integrated into two main websites; Screenshots and Whois. If you are looking for an online tool that allows you to access the history of any website, you need to try Domain tools.
Here, you not only capture the screenshots of the site but also see the additional details like domain registration date, contact details, domain expiry date, and so on. This tool gives you an opportunity to search for UK web archives as well.
1. It’s yet another advanced tool that provides screenshots and the history of a website within a few clicks.
With this tool’s help, you can analyze how the website progressed in terms of designing and Whois record; hence if you are looking for a handy tool that gives you screenshots along with whole website information, right from the IP address, domain expert date to contact information.
2. Domain tools take very little time to give you website information an easy and handy tool to use. If time is something that keeps you away from using the best Wayback machine alternative, then choose domain tools. In the blink of an eye, it provides you screenshots and Whois of the websites.
3. Domain tools is a free screen-shots internet archive service provider. Without paying any penny, you get the screenshots of any website.
4. This advanced algorithm-based web archiving tells you the performance of the website in terms of graphics along with Whois records. All in all, it’s an extremely useful tool once you know how to use it effectively.
- You can only get free screenshots to get Whois of a website you need to avail of a premium plan. This tool is only helpful for the people who deal with Whois of the websites like IP address, contact details, etc.
- Premiums are quite expensive, and it doesn’t provide SEO ranking, trends, and website analytics features.
If we tell you there is a website specially designed to access business-related information with ease, what would be your reaction? Obviously, it would be awesome because there are not many best Wayback machine alternative that provides you details about a website relevant to your business.
It is user-friendly, responsive, and very easy to access. When you visit this site, you can get an idea of how you can use it for your business benefits. In order to access the information, simply enter the website’s URL and press enter.
In no less time, the website will show you the details you are looking for. Hence, it’s an excellent website for individuals looking for a site that can quickly provide business-related information.
1. It is a very simple and easy-to-use tool to get business-related information on a website. One of the best things about this website is that it automatically gives you an idea of how this website should be used to access any site’s business-related information—all you need to paste the URL of the site, press enter, and get the details.
2. It’s an amazing Wayback machine alternative that has gained huge acceptance from people because of its responsive designs and easy-access features.
3. The best part about this website is that it doesn’t take you more than 5 seconds to find the information. With no time, it will present the information chart of the website, which contains all the business-related details you are looking for.
4. If you are going to launch a new venture and want to know how your competitors are doing in the market, just take the help of Yubnub. It gives you a complete business-related business that will help you in branding.
- It surely doesn’t offer a wide variety of website archiving tools compared to other Wayback machine alternatives.
- If you are looking for a website that can encapsulate corporate chat information, then this tool is not ideal for you. Because it only offers business-related information like web services, graphics, and page text.
7. Time Travel
Time Travel is basically meant to allow you to search and view versions of web pages that existed in the past. The purpose of this tool is to support users finding mementos in web archives.
The interface of this website is very clean and responsive. One of the most interesting things about Time Travel is that it enables you to enter the time details. It acts as a search engine that provides you information, which perfectly matches your query.
1. This website is quite simple and easy to access. If you want to know how a specific website looks at a particular date and time, Travel Time will help you with this. All you need to do, enter the URL of the website, date and time, and get the exact information.
2. All in all, Travel Time is the best place to get accurate data of a website in no less time.
3. If you are a website developer and want to know a particular website’s changes, then Travel Tool is your answer.
4. This tool’s interface is user-friendly, responsive, and starts with typing URL, date, and time.
- This tool only gives you the past data on the website.
- No advanced web archives are available on this website.
8. Who. Is
Who. Is as the name suggests, this tool gives you the website’s basic information, like, launch date, expiry date, IP address, server location, etc. Users use this website to fetch some basic details of the website.
However, this tool is not for the users looking for screenshots, and other important details of the website. Sometimes, we forget when we have registered our site and other basic information, this tool gives us details about our site like, server location, launch, and expiry date.
If you work with a company and want to know its server location, then it can help you. However, you will get the website data more in-depth if you become a member. Users who want to increase website analytics practices can use this tool.
1. It is the best Wayback machine alternative because of its easy and kind response. To retrieve the website date, all you need to do, enter the URL and click on the search button, with no less time, it gives you complete information about the site.
2. It is a fully organized and automatic platform that gives you accurate details about the site without missing anything.
3. This website is highly used by journals, website developers, universities, and agencies. Because it helps them in creating website records.
4. It’s an extremely helpful tool for users who need basic, reliable, and accurate information about the site. If you want to know when the website has launched and what’s the expiry date, you can fetch this kind of information with this site’s help.
- The advanced features like screenshots website history, website archiving, monitoring, and trends are accessible if you enroll premium in its premium plan.
- Many users have claimed that this website takes time to show results.
Perma is a simple, responsive, and easy-to-use website. It helps scholars, journals, and courts to get the unalterable record of the web page they have cited.
This website archiving service helps anyone who cites the web to create links to their references that will never break, by archiving copies of the linked resources and offering the permanent URL of the website they cite.
However, to access this site, you need to purchase a premium plan. If you want to use this site as a free user, you can only save 10 pages per month.
It’s an extremely useful website for the users who need permanent, unbreakable, unalterable, and reliable links to online sources they cited.
1. Perma comes with an API feature that allows you to add deleting pages. Since this tool is a part of the Memento Network, all the public pages can be searched using the Memento API.
2. This tool gives you an organizational membership of a user account, and pages can be made public or private within an organization.
3. It provides two formats for each preserved web page- capture and Screenshots. Where capture can save in “warc” file format, and the screenshot is saved in the “png” file format.
4. Perma has numerous tools that allow you to view, edit, annotate and archive the permalinks.
5. One of the best features of this tool is that you can annotate any link accessible to you. All you need to do is click on the item you wish to annotate, and it will allow you to view and edit the data, like tiles, edit notes, move the link to another folder and change metadata.
- Permalink works differently than other Wayback machine alternatives.
- You need to avail yourself of the subscription plan in order to access this tool.
This Wayback machine alternative is another excellent example to find the website’s content and create a copy of the webpage Once the screenshot is taken, it will be visible to everyone.
- This site is getting too much acceptance from users because of its full-fledged, automatic web archiving features.
- The interface of this online tool is clean, responsive, and user-friendly.
- If you are looking for a tool that can provide you with the whole data of any site, then Archive. Today is worth a try.
- Once the snapshot is taken, it will be saved forever, even if the original link gets broken.
- Users are accepting a lot more from this online tool.
- The user experience is boring.
Click here to view the Archive. Today.
Quickly save web pages to the Internet Archive
Users of the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine manually submit millions of web pages for archiving every day. This freezes a page in time and makes it available for subsequent viewing via the archive – an invaluable service for anyone looking for an earlier version of a website.
The archiving process has now been made easier – when you visit the Save Page Now ( https://web.archive.org/save) section and enter a URL.
Pages being archived for the first time are now flagged up and you can also archive pages via email, by sending them to email@example.com. The Wayback Machine is keen to encourage more archiving by introducing leaderboards for a more competitive edge
All-above mentioned Wayback machine alternatives are true. While some of them are free, and others are accessible when you avail of their premium plans. But, all are full-fledged, automatic, and highly recommendable. They all have gained huge acceptance in the internet world.
Needless to say, the Wayback machine is extremely useful and the best site with the largest data ever.
But, there are many other alternatives to this site that provide additional web archiving features. Thus, it is kind to consider any Wayback machine alternative to fetch the website date.