Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Micro ATX Case to buy in 2021? 🤔
You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 👓👓
Whether you are looking to build a new game or seeking the perfect tower; it is paramount for a game developer or people that work with personal computers to choose the right ATX case.
This singular task can be very daunting with hundreds of options lined out for you in the market. While we understand the fear that so many customers face choosing a micro ATX especially with abundant choices on the market, we have tried to bring the best for you.
However, for whatever reason you decide to want to buy a micro ATX, we have gotten a list of what are the best choices on the market and a short but straight forward guide on how to choose the best micro ATX case in 2021 for your specific needs.
Why do gamers and developers need a micro ATX case? To answer this is because they are efficient, versatile, and probably the most affordable way to develop your game or build a PC without breaking the bank.
It is also a way to create a balance between all the units that make up the entire system. Below is our pick of the best Micro ATX cases for now until technology and innovation bring something new to the computer scene.
Best Micro ATX Case: Our Top Picks 👌
1. Thermaltake Level 20VT
If you have been following Thermaltake product you will notice that, whether simple or complicated, the designs are outrageously good looking, and appealing even to those that have seen and built PC with various cases
The Level 20 VT offers great support for builders inside the micro ATX footprint, and with the bar raised in this design, the ultra-modern sleek design has four tempered glass panel on all sides of the box creating a one of a kind design that will keep you wowed, and happy as you use your PC always.
Below are some of the features of the Thermaltake Level 20VT ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. Obviously, the construction is one that stands out, but the Thermaltake Level 20 VT has a flat motherboard tray to starch all your cables away for a neat and appealing look and increases the ventilation system.
2. Although the micro ATX comes with a 200mm cooling fan, to keep the looks and performance top-notch, the Thermaltake Level 20 VT can comfortably support nine extra fans and four radiator cooling system for a liquid cooling system.
3. Aside from the 200mm fan that comes with the design, you can fit five 140mm fans – 2 in front, one at the back, and two on top and if you are building a liquid cooling configuration, then this case will support 280mm, 240mm, 140mm, and 120mm radiators comfortably with any compromise on storage
4. Has six drive bays – three 3.5 inches and three 2.5 inches and CPU coolers of 185mm high and a PSU of 200mm long or graphics card of 350mm in length
5. The Thermaltake Level 20 VT like other products in this series are LCS certified as a true tech gadget you can rely on.
6. The Level 20 VT has two chambers – the upper chamber consists of the PCI-E and motherboard components and the lower chamber consists of the PSU and drives bays.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Thermaltake Level 20VT ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Has an excellent dust removal filter system sited at the front, bottom, and back to protect your hardware from dirt and debris
- The front, top and side panels are made of dustproof, scratchproof 4mm thick tempered glass panel super clean allowing you to see the internal workings of your PC
- The chassis is among some of the best on the market, very quiet and sturdy
- Several tests show that the product works exceptionally well with the liquid cooling design ensuring that performance is always at the peak
- The case appealing, well-designed and affordable
- Large spaces and storage areas with large window for airflow and cooling of the unit
- Excellent cable management system allowing all work cables to be kept out of sight after a build
- Some users complain it’s too large with dimensions at 13.7 by 13 by 17 inches and weighs 19 pounds
The performance, space, and extreme silent features on this micro ATX are what put it on the list. The design has room for every build and even extra. Strong, durable, and tempered glass build to ensure that your build always looks neat, and without any trouble.
2. BZXT H400i Black and White Best Micro ATX Case
There a lot of features to love about the NZTX H400i because it is built so fine that you don’t have to worry about functionality, style, design, looks, and craftsmanship.
The NZTX micro ATX is satisfaction guaranteed that fits into this fast-paced world we live in and with PC technology released daily, the NZTX H400i is one of the most compatible pieces of equipment on the market.
In contrary to some negative reviews that Micro ATX are the last devices you would look for when seeking other boards, the NZTX H400i is an exceptional piece of engineering that every gamers or developer will love.
Below are some of the features of the BZXT H400i Black and White ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. The NZTX H400i comes in four beautiful steel construction built with a tempered glass side panel with a built-in cooling fan, plenty of storage space, and RGB lighting controllers.
2. The NZTX H400i comes with its own unique smart features such as the HUE+, GRID+, and V3 digital controller for exceptional performance
3. The NZTX H400i has an impressive performance capacity with multiple GPU support and 5 fans and three radiators for unequivocal excellence delivering
4. The NZTX H400i has an elegant design that endears to developers and gamers using the device
5. The NZTX H4001 comes with seven slots giving you enough slots to run cables and with the Velcro strap and routing channel at the backside you can be sure that your build will be smooth and neat with all cables tucked away neatly.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the BZXT H400i Black and White ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Has four 2.5 inches and 3.5 inches drive bays
- Comes with customized lighting is narrowed down to addressable RGB LED strips
- Easy to install without any need for pressing too many buttons with the controlled CAM software and pre-installed cable management system
- Super smooth and silent system for improved optimized gaming comfort
- Comes with a water cooling system for AIO and customized loop configurations
- Comes with three AER F120mm fans for improved airflow
- Compatible with other motherboards like the Micro ATX and mini ITX, ATX, EATX up to 272mm in size
- Product dimension is 230 by 516 by 494 mm and weighs 12.27 kilograms
- The silent feature becomes noisy when all the fans are on.
The NZTX H400i is a lovely Micro ATX that is absolutely gorgeous and with the storage space and cable management, you will have a beautiful build every time.
3. Corsair Crystal 280X CC-9011135 –WW Micro ATX Case
The Corsair crystal is the most unique and practical micro ATX case on the market. Although small in size, the Corsair crystal is a very efficient technology with a modern design for PC lovers.
1. With a beautiful design, the Corsair crystal has an appealing appearance with three panels of tempered glass and a whole list of features to deliver excellent and superior performance during each build.
2. Has an excellent and massive cooling system with enough room for six 120mm fans or three 240mm radiator cooling systems distributed at the top, bottom, and front of the micro ATX case
3. The Corsair crystal might be small but it has a ton of storage space. It has flexible storage of two 3.5 inches and three 2.5 inches drives, 30cm long graphics cards, and a full-size PSU without compromising on the storage capacity of the case
4. The 280X 32 RGB LED controlled by the Corsair iCUE software making it easy to install and sync all your components.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Corsair Crystal 280X CC-9011135 ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Compatible with premium micro ATX or mini ITX cases
- Comes with a dual-chamber design to store all your Personal computer components so ensure a tidy desk at all times like the cables into the backside of the case
- Comes with a full dust filtration system to prevent dust from entering the case
- It has a direct and specified airflow path that cools the system and preventing heat from damaging other components of the case.
- Has two elegant colored LED fans in the front
- Silent, affordable, and great value for money
- Easy to use and spacious with the numerous storage spaces
- Product dimension is 15.67 by 10.87 by 13.82 inches and weighs in at almost 16 pounds
- Some people still think it is too pricey
The Corsair Crystal 280X has everything you need for a creative build that anyone will love. The case has it all – PSU is not showing, all cables are easy to manage, great cooling system, dust filters, and the tempered glass allow you to see the insides of the case.
4. Silverstone Aluminum FT03S Micro ATX Case
This is on our list for one of the best functional and high performances micro ATX pick that exudes sophistication all over. The design, cooling system, compatibility, and build make this one of the best micro ATX cases in 2021 for builders and gamers.
Below are some of the features of the Silverstone Aluminum FT03S Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- The FT03S is a new design compared to the regular design in the market of other cases. If you are looking to build a distinct yet functionally and high-performance system, the Silverstone FT03S is the one for you
- The FT03S is made with a lightweight metal of pure silver aluminum that is rust proof and scratch proof. The shape and design of the fortress 3 allow you to install your motherboard in any position.
- This arrangement also allows you to insert your graphics card and CPU tower coolers to reduce heat produced in the system from affecting other parts of the unit.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Silverstone Aluminum FT03S Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- It comes with a 5 drive bay of 3 3.5 swappable drive and 2.5 inches and a 12.7mm slot-loading optical drive on the upper part of the case
- Has cooling fan slots for 3 120mm space or two 80mm spots or a 92mm spot
- Comes with four 13.77 by 6.77 inches expansion card
- It has a removable fan filter on the left side of the chassis for a flawless dust extraction system that is also easy to clean.
- Product dimension is 15 by 14 by 25 inches, 2.5 mm thick anodized aluminum body weighing 19 pounds
- Compatible with micro ATX and mini ITX
- It supports graphics card of any length with all ports control and exhausts vents seated at the top of the chassis
- The I/O panel consisting of 2 USB ports, one audio, and a mic
- It is heavy to transport after building
- The cooling system tends to work against one another
- Doesn’t have enough storage space
- It doesn’t come with an expansion slot.
Although the Silverstone FT03S is a huge case, it is great for lasting builds and delivers superbly on performance and durability.
The arrangement and simple items like cable management and PCU might not be what you expect, but this micro ATX case is worth every cent spent.
At the time of our research on “Best Micro ATX Case”, we found a video about “This Is What Destroys Your Computer Slowly But Surely” which is worth watching. 🏆🏆
5. InWin 301 Black Tempered Glass
InWin is known for its unique, modern, and innovative designs that deliver on performance, size, and ease of installing. The artistic approach has endeared a lot of users especially gamers and builders to go for this brand of micro ATX case for their projects.
Other reasons why this product is used are the ease of adding technology during a build, the functionality, safety, easy learning curve, quality of material sued in the constructions, and the size.
Below are some of the features of the InWin 301 Black Tempered Glass Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. The build material and design of the InWin 301 is particularly unique. It is built from high-grade steel material for strength and weight. Although small in size, the InWin 301 is durable and spacious for full-size components like graphics cards 330mm in length and a full ATX PSU.
2. This case also has enough space to install five cooling fans and even water cooling options to prevent overheating of the computer system
3. The case has a combination of tempered glass and steel material for a strong and durable build but also for appeal and a pleasant building experience
4. The InWin 301 micro ATX has a simple and clear cut design with a stunning I/O front panel lit with LED lights making you play games in the dark
5. The storage options, in this case, are not as many other cases – it is actually smaller consisting of a single 3.5 inches and two 2.5 inches drive.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of InWin 301 Black Tempered Glass ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- It is affordable
- The 1.2mm steel case makes this micro ATX shockproof, stable, durable enough to protect all your PC components but also keeps you safe in the process
- The tempered glass side panel allows users to see the interiors making it an appealing and beautiful piece of case
- Has five 120mm cooling fan slots or two 240mm radiators in the front, and a 120mm radiator system at the back and bottom part to divert heat accumulating in the system
- It is compatible with other motherboards like mini ITX, ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, and Asrock
- Product dimension is 14.6 by 7.4 by 14.3 inches and weighs about 15 pounds
- It comes with 4 expansion slots and 2 USB and 3 HD audio points
- The cable management system needs more arrangement to fine-tune the design
If you are looking for a beautiful case that will house your computer components for the perfect build without any stress or difficulty. The cable management system could do with a bit of organization; other than that, the InWin 301 is the perfect case for all computer builders or gamers.
6. Nanoxia Rexgear 1 Red Micro ATX Computer Case
Whether you are choosing the red, yellow, green, white, black, or orange, you can’t beat the attractive look of the Rexgear 1 micro ATX case. The ease of installation, storage, features, look and just a full package of all you need in a case.
Below are some of the features of the Nanoxia Rexgear 1 Red Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Rexgear 1 is built with durable and strong plastic material to reduce shortness, vibration, and noise. It is also to allow for easy transportation and easy installations.
- It has large storage space to accommodate a 345mm long graphics card or a complete PSU. Space also includes a position for cable management and expansion cards
- The Nanoxia has a well-ventilated system with excellent air circulatory features powered by two large 20cm fans. The fans are a 240mm or 280mm radiator/ six 120 or 140mm fans
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Nanoxia Rexgear 1 Red ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- The front panel includes slots for 2 USB 3.0 and a single HD audio and mic. Also in front is two fan control buttons for all six fans
- Easy to use and assemble
- It is affordable
- The cable management system is beyond imagination – well designed
- Comes with an extensive storage space of three 3.5 inches and two 2.5mm
- Product dimension is 16.45 by 11.02 by 16.2 inches and weighs almost 19 pounds
- Compatible for ATX and ITX motherboard
- It comes with a removable horizontal tray for the motherboard; this reduces the heat and stress generated by the CPU on the entire unit
- Too many features to battle with
The Nanoxia Rexgear 1 is a beautiful case with the eye-catching geometric design you will fall in love with immediately. The Nanoxia has everything and more you need in a case. Choose your colors and run with it.
7. Thermaltake Core X2 Micro ATX Case
With a bang on 2 chamber construction, seven drive bays, and 6 expansion slot, the Thermaltake is undoubted the best micro ATX case in 2021 on the market and after been awarded the LCS certificated as the best tech gear on the market, this cube case has more features than you need to build your own computer.
Below are some of the features of the Thermaltake Core X2 Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- With the options for air or liquid cooling, the Thermaltake cube core micro ATX will ensure that your system stays cool no matter the duration of work you have or how long it stays on.
- Due to the unparallel cooling capacity, the core X2 has plenty of storage space to house all your computer component safe and secure with an excellent cable management system too
- The case is a cube case with dimensions 18.3 by 12.6 by 21.3 inches that can comfortably house a micro ATX motherboard of 9.6 by 9.6 inches or a mini ITX motherboard of 6.7 by 6.7 inches.
- The side panels are perforated or with large windows for unbeatable airflow performance
- It has an internal drive bay of 3 by 5.25 inches and an external drive bay of one 3.5 inches, and four 2.5 inches with a 3by 2.5 inches HDD tray with 5 expansion slots. All this is powered by the regular PS2 power supply.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Thermaltake Core X2 Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Comes with a large intake fan in the front and a smaller one at the back
- The CPU cooling height is 230mm with a PSU length of 220mm
- Has a front panel with two 3.0 USB tube, a headphone, and a microphone port
- Lots of fan options – three 120mm in the front or six 120mm in the top or one 120mm in the back
- The product has a three years warranty
- Too expensive for some
One will expect a well-thought-out plan and engineering will break the bank with the price running into a couple of hundreds, but this is not the case. The engineering in this case is simply marvelous and will be a great addition to the build.
8. Cooler Master MCW-L3B3-KANN-01 MasterBox
If you are looking for a micro ATX that is attractive and appealing, high performance with the ability to be customized then look no further than MasterBox Lite with a sleek dark glass panel and colors for an impressive appeal.
Below are some of the features of the Cooler Master MCW-L3B3-KANN-01 MasterBox ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. With a body of plastic and glass, the Master Box 3.1 has a dimension of 17.63 by 7.5 by 15 inches and weighs almost 9 pounds is the perfect case for your first build.
2. The side mirror looks like tempered glass which is amazing but also gives room for concerns.
3. To keep the system cool and functional, it comes with a pre-installed fan in the rear but none in the front. It can support two 120mm fans in the front and a 120mm fan behind for optimum cooling.
If you decide to go for liquid cooling, it supports liquid cooling support of 240mm in front and 120mm behind, CPU cooler of 158mm, and PSU of 160mm
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Cooler Master MCW-L3B3-KANN-01 MasterBox ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Compatible with micro ATX and a mini ITX motherboard
- Has 4 expansion slot
- Has 2 HDD 3.5 inches and a 2.5 inches SSD drive bays
- Lightweight and easy to install with trim colors you can personalize
- The space in front allows the user to install 2 120mm cooling fans
- The dust filter is not very efficient especially for the mirror portion. It tends to attract dirt which needs constant cleaning
- The cable management routing is very poor and could do with some improvement
- Needs extra storage space for a computer component
Despite all the cons, Master Box is doing excellently well in producing high-performance micro ATX cases that are durable with an easy learning curve.
The case could do with some minor changes to take it up a notch, but overall, it is a product worth buying and has excellent performance too.
9. Thermaltake Versa H17 Black Micro ATX Case
Thermaltake Versa H17 Micro ATX is a beginner’s or entry-level PC builder case. The simple sleek lightweight aluminum build with beautiful cable management yet has all the features to make your build just as well as the next.
Below are some of the features of the Thermaltake Versa H17 Black Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. An elegant and simple design of brushed aluminum panels high enough to support the motherboard system of height 155mm with a double expansion VGA slot of 350mm long. The front doesn’t have a fan, but will comfortably support two 3.5 and 2.5 inches drive bays simultaneously
2. It is also AIO liquid cooling compatible – the case has the space to accommodate a 280mm radiator system to increase and improve the cooling system of the computer unit
3. Has an excellent ventilation system with one 120mm fan at the back and will support three other 120mm or two 140mm cooling units for efficient airflow to the unit.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Thermaltake Versa H17 Black Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Compatible with micro ATX and mini ITX motherboards
- A great bargain and price for starters
- Good value for money
- Simple yet durable design
- Solid and quiet design with a pre-installed 120mm cooling fan
- An excellent cable system with routing holes and gaps to hid all cables after the build
- The airflow is not very good but provides just enough air circulation to keep the unit cool
- Could do with some design improvement
Thermaltake Versa H17 may be very simple and dull looking, it is great value for money, and with the different features; you will not regret your first computer build with this case.
The chassis will stand tall with others, be rest assured that this micro ATX is a decent quality case for your first build any day.
10. MasterBox Q300L Micro ATX Case
This is another quality product from the MasterBox series to give you different options depending on your build. The price also falls at a range that will attract any PC builders or game developers with its size, modularity, thermal performance, installation, and functionality.
Overall the design of the Cooler MasterBox Q300L is an exceptional design with all the features that will make you want to keep building for a long.
- Whether you are building a game or looking to change your old PC case, the Cooler MasterBox Q300L has everything you are looking for to build all in one spot.
- It a 15 by 9 by 15 inches in dimension and weighs a pound but comes with 6 120mm cooling fans or two radiators of 120mm or a single 240mm liquid cooling system
- Even though space is tight the Q300L can comfortably accommodate a 360mm long graphics card.
- The lack of abundant storage space allows for only 3 drive bays – 3.5 inches and two 2.5 inches but overall a good product.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of MasterBox Q300L Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Compatible with micro ATX and a mini ITX motherboard
- Super lightweight due to construction material of steel and plastic
- Very affordable and durable
- Excellent cable management for a small footprint like the Q300L
- Comes with two 3.0 USB, an audio I/O ports
- A beautiful transparent panel by the side to show off your build
- An excellent dust filter system
- Needs more storage
- The plastic side makes it look too cheap
We absolutely love this micro ATX case – for the price, design, performance, and functionality. Even though there isn’t plenty of room to do all you need, the case allows you to work and keep all cable neat and secure, but also ensures you have what is needed to run your build.
11. Rosewill FBM-01 Dual-Fan Micro ATX Case
Known to be the smallest micro ATX case on the market, this sleek and elegant design from Rosewill has a competitive edge with the top names in the market with excellent functionality and performance second to know.
Below are some of the features of the Rosewill FBM-01 Dual-Fan Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- The compact make and construction with a glossy bezel finish make this the perfect accessory to sit anywhere in your home with great application and enough storage space to accommodate all your computer or gaming component
- Small as it is, the FBM-01 comes with 4 expansion slots and 4 drive bay – two internal and two external of 5.25 inches and 3.5 inches respectively.
- It has a convenient input and output port with two 2.0 USB port, an audio in/out port at the front for easy access to connecting with other devices or your gamepad
- Rosewill FBM-01 has an excellent ventilation system with a pre-installed one 120mm fan in front, an 80mm fan at the back to remove heat and ensure performance peak always
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Rosewill FBM-01 Dual-Fan Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Durable gaming tower ideal for Intel and AMD systems
- The stylish design sits this case on your office desk comfortably
- No annoying LED blinking lights
- Compatible with micro ATX motherboard
- It looks decent and functions well too
- The cooling fans are quiet to allow for a silent and quiet atmosphere when using the system
- The dual fan in the case provide the optimum cooling performance to ensure that the unit stays up to par always
- Lacks luster in build quality
- The USB ports are poorly designed
- Due to storage space, cable management is poor
The simple design of this micro ATX makes it one of those cases that will compete with the finest on the market. Although there is no cable management system, in this case, it still gives room to secure the entire necessary component for a build.
With the ventilation system, price, and size, the Rosewill FBM-01 is nothing fancy but will ensure you have your entire component in one spot conveniently.
12. AeroCool Cylon RGB Micro ATX mid-Tower Case
Are you searching for a sleek and sexy RGB micro ATX with a beautiful color stripe running down the front panel, then the Cylon might be your choice. Aside from the design and construction, the AeroCool Cylon is the perfect choice that balances style and performance with incredible speed and versatility.
Below are some of the features of the AeroCool Cylon RGB Micro ATX mid-Tower Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. The AeroCool construction has a beautiful designer with a strip of RCG LED light in the front panel while the sides are acrylic panels that come in either black or white color.
2. The RGB lights display over 13 light modes to add to the already cool nature of the design. This color can be customized from six unique color flows to show your style and personality.
3. To add to the super coolness of the RGB lights, the AeroCool micro ATX comes with 7 expansion slots and 4 drive bays – two 3.5 inches HDD and two 2.5 inches SDD with one 3.0 USB port, two 2.0 USB ports, one HD audio and microphone, and an SD card reader
4. To keep the performance top-notch, it comes with VGA fan coolers and the dual chamber design allows for proper ventilation and airflow to keep the system cool always. Furthermore, the case also supports a liquid cooling system with a 240mm radiator in the front panel and a 155mm CPU cooler at the inside
5. It comes with a removable PSU dust filtration system for easy cleaning; to prevent dust and debris from damaging any components in your computer
6. Support extra cooling fans of 120mm at the top, another 120mm in the back with two 120mm VGA fans.
7. It also supports a liquid cooling system of 240mm radiator with a power supply of up to 180mm PSU
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of AeroCool Cylon RGB Micro ATX mid-Tower Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Supports card readers and SD cards
- Has a lot of storage space for motherboards, hard drives, and other components
- The glass panel is very strong and scratch proof
- Easy maintenance and cleaning of part especially the dust filter
- The products have excellent customer service in case you discover any problem with the product during delivery or before the warranty expires
- Lack of adequate storage space means cable management is poor
- The SSD and memory card slot are hidden, you have to read the manual or have a pro help you out with the location
While some argue that the RGB light is a distraction, this micro ATX case is a pretty decent make that delivers on all the properties of a good cause.
Furthermore, with the price and other features, the only problem you might find in this case is the lack of adequate cable management systems, but if you are an organized person; you should get that sorted out.
13. Phanteks PH-ES314ETG_BK Evolv Case
The Evolv Micro ATX is an upgraded version from the first product made by the manufacturers and this case combines 3mm anodized aluminum material with two-sided tempered glass panels and supports a liquid water cooling system to deliver an amazing product that will wow you and your friends.
1. The body construction on the Phanteks is adorable and appealing to the eyes but the satin black aluminum panel looks cheap and the tempered glass panels at the side of the frame are held in place by magnets which make it susceptible to breakage if not handles well
2. It has great compatibility with various components with I/O options of two 3.0 USB ports, one audio, one mic port, an RGB LED control, and an air and liquid cooling set up spot.
3. It comes with a 140mm cooling fan and a 26mm cable management space and more at the rear end of the case. The case also supports the RGB motherboard and other related products for the case.
4. The liquid water cooling system uses a 280mm radiator at the top and 360mm in the front for efficient ventilation and airflow for peak performance always
5. It has an excellent storage capacity of 4 drive bays – two 3.5 inches and two 2.5 inches drive bays and 4 expansion slots
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Phanteks PH-ES314ETG_BK Evolv Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- Comes in three colors – satin black, galaxy silver, anthracite grey
- Excellent storage and cable management
- Magnetic glass hinges for easy access to fix or repair any time
- Works great with air and liquid cooling system
- Removable dust filters to prevent dust from damaging the component in the system
- Product dimension is 15.7 by 9.1 by 17.8 inches
- Compatible with Micro ATX, Mini ITX motherboard
- Comes with two SSD brackets and one pump bracket
- It is heavy
- It is expensive for some people
- Doesn’t come with an optical drive bay
- There is the risk of the magnet wearing off and the glass panels falling off and breaking exposing the interior lining on your system
Aside from the price, the Phanteks PH-ES314ETG_AG EVOLV has an attractive, and functional property that makes it an exceptional choice for anyone.
14. Fractal Design Node 804 Micro ATX Cube Case
The Node 804 micro ATX is one that was built for performance, configurability, and functionality in this new design packed with features PC builders will love.
The dual-chamber of the design allows the motherboard and other cooler components to be separated from the hotter elements in the system for an efficient workflow of air and increased performance.
Below are some of the features of the Fractal Design Node 804 Micro ATX Cube Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. With a high aerated dual-chamber system, the body is of the brushed aluminum front panel with a side window to show off your build in style.
2. It comes with hard drive mounting systems of eight 3.5 inches HDD and four 2.5 inches SDD with additional space in the front for a slot in ODD and optical drive and two 2.5 inches drives
3. The Fractal design comes with two pre-installed fans but has space for seven more fans to improve ventilation especially if the system stays on for hours.
4. With the extra cooling fan spot, the Fractal micro ATX has a CPU cooler of height 160mm and a PSU of 260mm deep. It also has space for a 320mm long graphics cards and a 290mm graphics card can be installed in the unit.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Fractal Design Node 804 Micro ATX Cube Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- It compatible with micro ATX and a mini ITX motherboard
- It has a one-sided transparent window that allows you to see the interior of the case and a Velcro strap for cable management after a build
- Product dimension is 370 by 468 by 412 mm and weighs in at almost 8 kg
- Comes with a fan controller and five expansion for several GPU setup
- A well built removable dust filter to ensure interiors parts are clean and dust-free
- It is available in only one color – black
- Can accommodate up to 10 storage drives at once
- Looks big in appearance and fits well under the desk
- It is not cheap
If you are looking to build a small but powerful performance machine with more storage than you need extra table space, the Fractal micro ATX is the case for you. The 10 hard drives might look much, but for game developers, this is another way to improve your talent and let your imagination fly wild.
15. Thermaltake Coe V21 SPCC Micro ATX
This is the newest baby to the Thermaltake core V series and the core V21 takes the micro ATX case to the next level.
Below are some of the features of the Thermaltake Coe V21 SPCC Micro ATX that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX cases to get in 2021.
- The Core V21 is the ultimate storage manager and can be divided into two halves or chambers to ensure that the system stays cool always for peak performance. The lower chamber is made up of the drive bays while the upper deck ensures that the system stays cool.
- The large 200mm fan 0ffer a cooling system like no other system on the market
- Has 3 hidden HDD tray of 3.5 inches and 2.5 inches with another there 2.5 HDD rack for excess storage space
- The input/output properties are two 3.0 USB port and one audio
- In addition to the above, it can accommodate 11 extra fans besides the 200mm pre-installed fan. 350mm length graphics cards, five radiators for unbelievable performance
- The CPU cooler is 185mm and a PSU of 200mm long
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Thermaltake Coe V21 SPCC Micro ATX that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX case to get in 2021.
- Compatible with mini ITX, micro ATX, and ATX motherboard
- With 5 radiators and 11 fans, you will never bother about overheating or damaging your motherboard or other components
- Users can create a dual system with unlimited stackable and flexible thermal solution for improved performance
- The motherboard can be fixed horizontally or vertically for presentation
- Comes with a pre-installed 200mm fan in the front for a cooling system compatible with DIY/AIO
- Tool-less features, no thumbscrew
- Can accommodate various overclocking components to boost performance when you need it
- It is a bit noisy
- No duct filter available
- The build quality needs more improvement
Despite the little features that will make it better, it still delivers on performance, cooling, functionality, and durability.
Furthermore, the storage capacity allows you extra room to increase or expand your views and ideas on a build.
16. Deep Silence 4 Mini Tower Micro ATX Compact Case
Another Nanoxia product on the list but if it is a solid mini-tower, a silent build, and performance, versatility, and durability, then the Nanoxia deep silence is right up your alley.
Below are some of the features of the Deep Silence 4 Mini Tower Micro ATX Compact Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. The sound dampening material is dense with thick metal that helps absorbs the noise and vibration from the cooling fan and other working components of the system. Furthermore, the rubber bases and insulator drive doors also help contain the noise from the unit.
2. For extra storage space, users can simply remove 2 of the 3 HDD cages to make room for the 395mm graphics card. It is also compatible with other micro ATX motherboards with plenty of storage space and great cable management.
3. It comes with a 120mm pre-installed fan with a high-quality rifle bearing that also sucks in the air to add to the deep silence exuded by the case. The top panel air cover can be removed to increase airflow and ventilation.
4. The system is kept clean by a dust filter situated in the front fan allows for easy removal and cleaning of the system when required with ease
5. In addition to the pre-installed fan, you can add an extra 120mm radiator for increased ventilation in the system
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Deep Silence 4 Mini Tower Micro ATX Compact Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- The case is fitted with six 3.5 inches and 2.5 inches drive bays
- It can be as quiet as you want by adjusting the setup mechanism from the installation time
- Looks attractive and built to last – great for home or offices
- You never need to get another case with the expansion rate
- It is very versatile, durable, and sturdy
- Affordable and great value for money
- Two dust filter system – one in the front and in the bottom
- A bit weighty but okay for some people
- It has not SSD bracket
So if you truly want silence and versatility, then there is no better micro ATX than the Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 and if the performance doesn’t appeal to you; the storage, ease of use, cable management will draw you in o use this case to build your next PC.
17. Corsair Obsidian 350D Micro ATX Case
The Obsidian 350D micro ATX Personal computer case exudes high performance, durability, and style. Although the case looks small; it has an excellent storage system and plenty of room for liquid cooling and other property you will love.
Below are some of the features of the Corsair Obsidian 350D Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
1. The name Obsidian 350D was designed for fast, neat, and tool-less access and drive installation. With plenty of features to love, it is apparent that this case will deliver in not only looks but in performance and efficiency
2. Obsidian has gone the extra mile with the 350D to build a case with enough room to house a full-length liquid CPU cooler, dual radiator, five PCIs slots, and 2 hard drive and with excess storage to get all your component in their right place
3. Furthermore, this build-up gives you enough room for excellent cable management in and out of the case.
4. The cable is easily tucked away at the back of the case on the tray where the cables can lie comfortably and innovative routing points for cable system with all holes covered with rubber close all hole for a neat after build
5. The cooling options of the Obsidian 350D are magnificent – with a 140mm intake fan, a 120mm exhaust fan, and extra slots to install 5 fans or to mounted 240mm radiators for liquid cooling to ensure peak performance of the unit always
6. Has a total of six drive bays – two 2.5 inches, two 3.5 inches, and two 5.25 inches with a 2.5 inches modular SSD cage
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Corsair Obsidian 350D Micro ATX Case that earned it a spot in our list of Best Micro ATX Case to get in 2021.
- The 350D is a small put together device and will fit comfortably on a home computer desk or at the office without taking up too much time.
- The front panel consists of 3.0 USB connectors and easy to use audio point too
- High quality and excellent craftsmanship can be seen in the design of this case which you will note in the unboxing of the case
- Very roomy and chambers for all components needed to build
- The good ventilation system and airflow that keeps the system cool even after a long working period
- Product dimension is 17 by 8 by 17 inches weighing a little over 13 pounds and has a maximum GOU length of 15 inches and CPU cooler length of 160mm
- Compatible with micro ATX motherboard
- Cable management is extraordinaire on the Obsidian 350D
- Limited HDD space
- A very heavy case for a micro ATX
Aside from the weight and lack of HDD space, the Corsair Obsidian 350D is your best bet for a build if you are looking for space, excellent expansion, performance, functionality, and appeal. It also comes with a 2 years warranty giving you ample time to enjoy your build and case.
Best Micro ATX Case: What To Consider
With many Micro ATXs on the market; we have brought what we consider the best after testing. However, the build and purpose should dictate the type of case, brand, and choice of case.
Remember that failing to adhere to certain important factors in picking the right case will be detrimental to your build and you might also lack the space to insert the motherboard or other components that aid the smooth running of the system.
Size:- the size matters in the build you are going for. So your first line of action should be – will this micro ATX support and contain all the components of my build? Is there enough support and spot for my graphics cards? Is there space for the cooling system of choice, etc?
These should all be put into considerations else you might have a case, you won’t use.
The Cooling systems:- this can’t be avoided; the heat generated from computer components can be overlooked and the only way to ensure that your system stays functional is through a constant and effective cooling process.
Some cases come with 120mm, 140mm, or larger pre-install cooling fans but also have space for an additional cooling fan. In consideration of your finished build, find one with good cooler support, radiators, and extra fans.
GPU Clearance:– every unit needs a graphics card to function at some point. Whether you are using the case for the regular computer function or building a game, how much graphics space is paramount.
Cheaper versions are good but might be limited on GPU storage space to fit the graphic length. So choose wisely.
Drive Bays:- most drive bays only have the 3.5 and 2.5 inches in them, although most cases shy away from including these parts; some still provide one 5.25 inches drive bay. So depending on what you need the space for, check if the case comes with a 5.25 inches drive bay.
Budget:- the Micro ATX cases listed here range from under 100 dollars to more than 100 dollars. However, your build should determine the price of the case. It will not make sense to use a cheap case to build a 500 dollars PC.
We are not saying you can’t, but a good balance of quality and cost should be attained in all you are doing.
The Performance:- Micro ATXs are very popular especially among gamers and developers or computer programs. So it is natural to look for one with superb performance and loaded with amazing tech options when making a choice.
Remember though that the more tech option it has the more cooling option you need to balance the interior and deliver top performance always.
The Design: from tempered glass to a steel frame, plastic, or a mix of material; micro ATXs come in different designs to suit your build.
If you want to see inside your build, tempered glass will do just fine. They also come in all kinds of shapes too – cube, slim and sleek, custom build, etc.
Have this in mind, and you can be sure of getting the right case for your next project.
So this is our list of the best micro ATX cases to use for a gaming PC or otherwise. There could be more as the market is flooded with them, but above are some of the best now.
FAQ’s on Best Micro ATX Case
Below are a couple of queries that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
What is Micro ATX case?
Sometimes referred to as the mATX, the microATX is a motherboard that is 9.6
What does ATX stand for?
ATX (Advanced Technology eXtended) is a motherboard and power supply configuration specification developed by Intel in 1995 to improve on previous de facto standards like the AT design.
What is the best micro ATX case?
1. Thermaltake Level 20VT 2. BZXT H400i Black and White 3.Corsair Crystal 280X CC-9011135 –WW Micro ATX Case 4.Silverstone Aluminum FT03S 5.Nanoxia Rexgear 1 Red
Is micro ATX bigger than mini ITX?
Mini-ITX motherboards, on the other hand, are shorter in both height and width than micro-ATX motherboards.
We have helped you narrow down your choices, and hopefully, you are able to be at ease when choosing one. Whether you want the world to see you flash your lights as you work or you are looking for something more quiet and smooth on the hand, there is something for everyone who loves to builds a PC.
If your best micro ATX isn’t here; please let us know which and why we will love to hear from you now. We gladly await any suggestions or other comment or products we might have missed, please leave a comment in the comment section.
Note:-This post was originally published on Apr 19, 2019, and was updated on Dec. 12, 2019.