Do you have the curiosity to know about the best wifi card to Buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
The importance of uninterrupted and unrestricted internet access for our everyday activities, cannot be overemphasized. This is because many human interactions are now directly linked up to the internet, and people need to stay connected for almost everywhere they go.
Now, this need is also one of the reasons why laptop computer facilities, have largely substituted the use of stationary desktops- that cannot be moved about. On average, more people now prefer to enjoy the luxury of internet use on the go, without having to restrict themselves to the non-comprehensive mobile phone use.
However, this objective wouldn’t have been well fulfilled, without the invention and use of Wi-Fi cards- otherwise known as the Wi-Fi adaptors.
Wi-Fi adapters are one of the best things to happen to internet connectivity and signal reception. They have provided internet users with a lot of benefits, which couldn’t have been possible if we were continually restricted to the use of cable ethernet frameworks.
Now, there’s hardly a place where an internet signal is available, that you wouldn’t be able to get the full reception of it. This is unlike the use of the initial model framework, for connection between computers and the signal providing routers.
With the Wi-Fi card provision, you can move pretty far distances between places that are a little more distant from the main source router- without losing the connection.
Furthermore- and asides the already listed benefits of an external Wi-Fi card, these innovations are also a good option for your laptop’s damaged inbuilt wifi card.
Sometimes, attempts at fixing an old or damaged internal component on the laptop is quite not economical or ideal for the device’s functionality itself. With the Wi-Fi card as an improvised feature, you’re in fact benefiting more- one way or the other.
However, note that every Wi-Fi adapter product on the market, could fundamentally serve their purpose, but with different levels of efficiency, durability, and general function output. This is why it is ideal to identify the models and brands with the best quality features, that suits the average user tendencies.
There are a number of proven Wi-Fi card products, whose features have shown their innate tendencies of providing a relatively higher function performance than the everyday brands.
Here is The List of Best WiFi card To Buy in 2019
Below, is a list of some of the best Wi-Fi cards (in no particular order of rating), together with their features, and some of the pros and cons.
1. ASUS USB AC68 dual Band AC1900
This ASUS brand Wi-Fi card adapter is still one of the top spot holders on this aspect of the technology market. It comes with ingenious features and functional abilities that guarantees the best of signal reception and top-notch connectivity for all time.
One notable reason why you should consider this product is because of its remarkable speed connection, and signal connectivity retention capacities. For instance, speed connection can run for up to 600mbps on a 2.4 GHz network, as well as an impressive 1300mbps on a stronger 5.0 GHz signal network.
The product structurally has three external positioning antennas that can be stretched out at angles to each other. The antenna is what is referred to as a 3 ×4 mimo antenna design.
Some users and analysts have because of this, described the adapter as a Wi-Fi card that takes the shape of a flying bird. The ASUS USB AC68 AC1900 has also had an internal antenna that ensures am an apt balance of whatever reception the user has.
According to design, the adapter is able to automatically upgrade connected computing devices to an optimized AC1900 wifi provision. This action brings about increased overall coverage reception and enhanced throughput which makes it to put in our best wifi card 2019 list. The 3.0 USB interface is another germane feature since it allows you to connect the device directly to a desktop or other supported smart device.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The ASUS USB AC68 dual Band AC1900.
- Top notch features with high throughput, ensures impressive and reliable network connections.
- The adapter works well with most of the common computer operating systems
- Has an extended coverage that receives signals irrespective of seeming pathway barriers.
- Added USB 3.0 port enables optimized coverage of the device to suit desktop use.
- A device may get hot with use, which consequently impacts on its durability and lifespan
- Setting up the connection- especially for the first time can turn out to be a little difficult.
2. Netgear AC1200 WIFI USB Adapter
The Netgear AC1200 wi-fi USB adapter is aptly durable in structure and design. It displays a number of features that are the delight of users. With this device, a user can go on to use the internet on a wider range of devices- since it works with a 3.0 USB connection as well as the USB 2.0 models.
The device comes with super beamforming+ technology as well as a set of high gain antennas- both of which are pivotal to its kind of performance output.
The accompanying designs of the adapter show real durability traits, hence ensuring that it stays intact for a long time. A connection of the Wi-Fi card can either be with 802. 11 a/b/g/n routers, or with USB 2.0 input format devices.
Using just a push on a button, the adapter comes on with almost instant connectivity that is truly fast. Its a function is faster by at least three times, as against the USB 2.0 framework. Wi-Fi delivery speed on the adapter is put at about 300 to 867 Mbps- on AC1200 which makes it to put in our best wifi card 2019 list.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Netgear AC1200 WIFI USB Adapter.
- Guaranteed high-speed performance on the overall- thanks to its adopted beamforming+ technology.
- The adapter supports 11ac network that ensures lag-free connectivity, and advanced internet service use.
- The Netgear Genie application is hinted to help the user with the installation processes
- Supports use with a wider range of device formats- such as the USB 2.0 connection.
- The Wi-Fi card design is indicative of a durable product, that should get damaged easily
- The device is considered to be relatively heavy that some other models on the market
- Installation processes can be a little tasking, as the genie app does not help much too.
3. TP-link AC1300 Archer T4U V2 network Adapter
This product would continue to hold high-end relevance, because of its design simplicity, and impressive output function. It is one of the best choices you can make for hitch free HD streaming, e-gaming, and other bandwidth demanding tasks. The device brings on a speed that is about three times more than those of wireless N frameworks.
The delivery speed is placed at a speed close to 400 Mbps when using a 2.4 GHz network, while it extended da up to 867 Mbps wireless speed on a 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi network. The estimate maximum wireless speed of the adapter on connection with an 802.11ac is about 1300 Mbps.
In order to facilitate optimum reception, the TP-link AC1300 Archer also comes with an omnidirectional set of antennas. The fact that the antennas are omnidirectional, allows the user to switch or direct the positions, for enhanced signal reception.
Note that the card allows users to conveniently switch between the dual bands, so as to improve connection tendencies from time to time. Other function features of the device include a USB security encryption, as well a series of data link protocols.
If you’re looking for that Wi-Fi card that is just apt in function- with little to take from your pocket, the TP-link AC1300 Archer may be one of the truly valid options to choose from.
- There is an added user flexibility option, as the adapter comes with a USB extension cable.
- Works well with many computers operating system options including Ubuntu and Linux.
- The design is simple, durable, and non-complex; you can simply plug in and use
- Allows multiple data encryption formats, with a corresponding efficiency.
- Portable and easy to move about
- The product is relatively cheap and is probably one of the cheapest in its category.
- With pretty prolonged use, a device may begin to get hot- which cumulatively reduces the hardware efficiency and lifespan.
- The connection tendency may sometimes dip below normal expectations.
4. D-Link Systems AC1900 Ultra Wi-Fi USB 3.0
If you’re looking for a Wi-Fi card that provides effective optimized speed functions, then this product could be for you. D-Link systems AC1900 USB 3.0 has an impressive wireless AC speed that matches well with its pretty spherical shaped structure.
This design is hinted to facilitate the top-notch reception and speed deliveries experienced by the user. With this device, users can carry on with seamless HD streaming, high capacity downloads, or other bandwidth-intensive activities.
All of the product’s features are aptly included towards ensuring a product that delivers one of the best wireless internet connectivity services.
Firstly, when using the D-Link systems USB 3.0, expect a high-speed performance of up to AC1900 speed output. The product has a dual-band wireless connectivity of 2.4 GHz, and the 5.0 GHz band network.
By estimates, individual maximum speed for each network is calculated at about 600 Mbps and 1300 Mbps for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks, respectively. This allows some flexibility for the user- who can conveniently switch use between either network, asides the good speed display on the adapter.
The device makes use of an advanced AC smart beam, which is pivotal in directing available wireless signal towards the user’s own router. According to analyst estimates, this product facilitates signal speed of up to 10 times over that obtainable with USB 2.0 structure frameworks.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The D-Link Systems AC1900 Ultra Wi-Fi USB 3.0.
- The product comes with a high powered DWA- 192 amplifier capacity, which enables signal penetrations of about three times that of standard regular Wi-Fi adapters.
- Aesthetic spherical design of the product is appealing, asides the fact that it somehow facilitates the adapter’s function.
- Users are guaranteed of great speed internet connectivity, which is one of the best you would get from Wi-Fi adapters yet available on the markets.
- Setting up of the device is not in any way difficult, and a user can set it up within a few minutes.
- The device is designed to work with all router types.
- The product does not have so many inbuilt considerations aimed towards durability.
- Little disconnections may occur from time to time.
5. Alfa Long Range Dual Band Wireless USB 3.0
The Alfa Long Range wireless USB 3.0 adapter, is another dual-band enabled device with its own peculiar features. Again, this product qualifies well to rank amongst the best Wi-Fi adapters, because of its high-speed display tendencies.
With top speeds of up to 867 Mbps, there is almost no internet streaming activity that you wouldn’t be able to carry out with some good ease. The USB 3.0 supporting device is easy to use, and all that is required after the installation is a plug in and use. Its speed output is a fair speed of AC1200.
Note that the product also comes with support for 802.11as, meaning that it is well positioned to facilitate heavy data transfer over the internet- from HD video streaming, online gaming, and heavy file syncing activities.
The product comes with a detachable 5dBi dual band rubber duck antennas that allow you to customize and upgrade antenna types to the ones that suit you more. There is an accompanying WEP 64 Bit, WEP 128 Bit, and WPA-PSK enterprise-class wireless security. Consequently, this may be a good Wi-Fi adapter for a limited cyber service operation, where access is shared between computers.
Other supported standards for the Alfa Long Range wireless USB are the 802.11b, 802.11N, 802.11g, amongst others. If you want long range connectivity retention with a corresponding speed, then this product should be on the top of your best wifi card 2019 lists.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Alfa Long Range Dual Band Wireless USB 3.0.
- The adapter comes with commendable great product software, that the user would find useful
- The fact that the antennas can be removed and customized to meet individual user’s specifications, is a plus for the adapter.
- Wi-Fi adapter provides reasonable long-range connectivity, and this is yet one of the valid options that you would find on its price category.
- Performs really well and better than some of the inbuilt wifi cards in laptops
- Accompanying cable is not designed to fit USB 3.0 formats
- Drivers for the adapter are a little difficult to source for, from online marketplaces and stores.
- Does not support MacOS for Apple™ devices
6. Edimax EW7811UN Wi-Fi USB Adapter
Considering the price range and specifications on this Wi-Fi adapter, it is reasonably remarkable and a good choice for persons with moderate internet connectivity tendencies.
It is particularly impressive again, considering its small compact size- which is a good portability trait for users on the go. It fits into your laptop or desktop device, without bogusly protruding out of the device in an inconvenient way.
This device has a number of notable use benefits, and this is probably a reason why it remains one of the first picks, as far as internet Wi-Fi adapters are concerned.
With the card, users can access internet speeds of up to 150 Mbps on an 802.11N wireless standard and 2.4 GHz networks. It also displays backward compatibility with 802.11b and 802.11g devices. It is the ideal deal for raspberry RPi 2, and allows various plug and play kernel supports.
Another vantage feature for this adapter is the fact that its operation method is that which consequently utilizes a lesser energy supply, thus saving you some relatively more, on your energy bills. Edimax EW7811UN is particularly indicated to work well for old computer devices, that require better Wi-Fi connectivity- asides that offered by the inbuilt card.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Edimax EW7811UN Wi-Fi USB Adapter.
- This product is comparatively inexpensive, and it is the ideal option for you if you’re intending to spend much.
- The size allows users to carry it about in the most convenient way. If you’re considering portability on Wi-Fi cards, then this is one option that meets the standards.
- Relatively lower energy consumption.
- Relatively high-speed display, for a Wi-Fi card in its category.
- The device is likely to disconnect when a connection is not in use, and the laptop goes on sleep mode
- A device may go hot with prolonged use
7. TP-LinkArcher T1U Wireless Nano USB
The TP link archer T1U wireless is another top notch wireless internet adapter with great use significance. This is the type of adapter that suits you well, if you’re the constant traveler, who needs to optimize internet use all the same.
Its portability is remarkable, and just as the Edimax EW7811UN, this device can be plugged in and forgotten for as long as it needs to remain plugged in. This makes it suitable for the user that maybe probably needs to move between locations in short intervals.
And come to think of it, the fact that the adapter has a small size is not a reason why you shouldn’t have up to 433mbps. Note that the TP link archer T1U wireless is back compatible with 802.11g and 802.11ac standards.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The TP-LinkArcher T1U Wireless Nano USB.
- The small size is small and compact enough, thus a user can use a device at almost any place and any time.
- The signal strength is massive enough, and you don’t have to think of connectivity disruptions, due to wall barriers.
- Nano size of the device allows you to use it on almost any laptop device, including other smart gadgets like notebooks.
- The adapter utilizes only the 5 GHz network, which is not always required.
What You Need To Consider Before Buying The Best WiFi Card in 2019
Now, have had an idea of the best Wi-Fi cards on the markets and their characteristics, OT is also important to consider some other fundamental factors which are for most times, peculiar to individual users. This is important because not every listed Wi-Fi adapter, necessarily suits all types and categories of workers well.
The following are some for the important factors that should guide your buying decisions basically. Remember, these factors affect individual intending users differently, hence the choices for one user may be entirely different for another.
There are different adapter products on the markets, all coming from different brands and with different specifications. Usually, specifications are a big determinant of what pricing you find on an adapter product.
The best thing to do when you’re sourcing for the best adapter to buy is to decide before time, on what amounts you’re ready to spend on the product. While you may find products running into hundreds of dollars, others may cost only tens of dollars.
While it is common to find higher priced cards with higher value specifications, it is also possible to get good low priced products that meet your own specifications. On the general, Wi-Fi cards are not very expensive, but then you ideally still have to streamline your search to fit into a specified price range of yours.
This is another trait that you must carefully decide on, before finally making the payments for your Wi-Fi card adapter. While some devices provide very low portability tendencies, it is possible to find some others which are compact and portable for all categories of users.
If you’re a user on the go, it is important to only go for the products that are smaller in weight, as well as compact. Portability traits must be duly considered because it can largely determine how long you would be using the device ultimately.
Some Wi-Fi adapters are bogus in size and shape, and the only difference between them and Ethernet cable is the fact that they are entirely wireless.
For users on the go, this is definitely not a good choice, and it pays them more to go for small structured adapters like the Nano frameworks that fit into the laptop or desktop without leaving out a large external component.
Since you wouldn’t want to buy a new Wi-Fi card every day, it is important to consider the durability tendencies of the card you’re buying. Every brand ideally adopts different raw material products for the manufacture of their products, and while one material has a huge tendency to stay viable for a long time, another may not.
Sometimes, some products compensate their non-durability, with a higher value specification, while some others are low in value specifications but higher in durability traits. This means the choice is ultimately left to you, to decide on what sacrifices you can make in a product.
Every internet user has their own individual need for internet connectivity and speed. While some users may not bother about using a 300 Mbps adapter, others mandatorily need one that delivers at 867 Mbps. Sometimes, Wi-Fi adapters come with dial band options which allow users to choose between either of 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz networks.
However, while this is common, some other adapter products may come with singular 2.4 or 5.0 GHz. Essentially, your choice of adapter should be fundamentally based on your connection tendencies and your speed requirements. If you buy an adapter that does not have the required speed and connectivity tendencies, you may end up having to buy several other devices.
The two common USB ports type that are on the markets, is either of the USB 2.0 or 3.0 frameworks. The USB 2.0 provisions are theoretically less efficient than the 3.0 options.
Thus, depending on your type of budget and your internet use specification, the user must be able to decide on what USB ports provisions to go for, before ignorantly paying the store man.
For instance, USB 2.0 provisions are hinted to facilitate connections speed of about 60mb per seconds, while the 3.0 provisions are hinted to processing speeds of up to 640mb per seconds or even more.
This factor basically explains how the adapter connects with the computer that uses it. Although both models are ideal and good for different users, it is important to find out which model serves your type of activities best.
USB adapters are the easiest to use, with a greater tendency for providing portability. They are easy to plug and use, but would usually have lesser speed and connectivity advantages than the PCl provisions.
PCl provisions, on the other hand, are characterized by multiple antennas, and other relatively complex features. While they are more complex and less convenient to use, they provide more speed and connectivity tendencies. When choosing your adapter type, it is important to consider how the individual USB or PCI features affect your type of activities, before settling for one.
In conclusion, always remember that Wi-Fi card options are massive on the markets, and every product actually has its own peculiar vantage features as imputed by the manufacturers.
This means you may necessarily have to sacrifice one feature for the other. However, the basic decisions should have been made with proper consideration of the specifications that are the most important for your type of wireless internet adapter use.