Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Wireless Access Point to buy in 2020? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 👓
A wireless access point (WAP) or access point (AP) as it is sometimes referred to as networking hardware that allows wireless-enabled devices to connect to a local area network at home or office, usually through the Wi-Fi platform and sometimes, the Bluetooth platform.
Ordinarily, homes and offices that make use of a large volume of mobile data have to look for a sure way to get the high-speed internet connection they need and that is exactly what a wireless access point provides.
There are different kinds of wireless access points available in the market, and they offer different levels of reach. With the proper operating radio frequency, an ideal wireless access point should be able to reach several kilometers and still function effectively.
Since they are mainly used as offices or for business use, they are expected to be able to serve a large number of people, i.e. it should be able to offer a perfect connection to multiple mobiles and computer devices while still functioning seamlessly.
At the time of our research on “Best Wireless Access Point”, we found a video about “How Wi-Fi Actually Works” which is worth watching. 🏆
Although, a wireless access point is mostly placed internally, the best of them should be able to function both internally and externally.
A lot of highly functioning wireless access points are installed in external environments at homes and offices as they are supposed to be built to last long and withstand any weather conditions.
Looking to invest in a wireless access point? We quite understand how difficult it could be to pick the perfect product out of the plethora of options available in the market.
Not to worry though, we have got you covered and we have provided a list of the best wireless access points you can currently get in the market.
In making our choices, we have considered important factors like the basic features of each product, the reach, value for money, compatibility with mobile and computer devices, and a lot more options that determine the effectiveness of a WAP, and this means you can absolutely trust our picks and choose the one that fits your budget after reading through.
After much consideration, we present to you our top picks for the best Wireless Access Points you can get in the current market.
Best Wireless Access Point: Our Top Picks
1. Unifi 802.11ac Dual-Radio PRO Access Point
The number one product on our list of the best wireless access point you can get in the current market is the number one bestseller from the Ubiquiti Networks brand.
This WAP comes with dual radio and it can be deployed indoor or outdoor with the network quality still remaining super and offering maximum performance at all times.
It is built to weather the storm as its weatherproof design prevents it from damage and enhances it to perform excellently under any weather condition when installing externally.
This product comes with 3 dual-band antennas of 3 dBi each which ensures that you get a top-notch wireless network at every use.
It also features an auto-sensing 802.3af/802.3at PoE support and it can be easily powered by Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Switch 802.3af/802.3at PoE+ compliant switch and Ubiquiti Networks Gigabit PoE Adapter (48V, 0.5A).
It runs on a maximum power consumption level of 9W and it comes at a product weight of 12.3 ounces. In addition to all of the other features, it also comes with a Wi-Fi standard 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac which makes it to perfectly fit in our Best Wireless Access Point 2020 list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Unifi 802.11ac Dual-Radio PRO Access Point that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Access Points to get in 2020.
- You can get up to 400 feet radius coverage with this wireless access point which makes it arguably the best in terms of range in the market.
- With a maximum power consumption of 9W, this is power efficient wireless access point.
- It comes with 3 dual-band antennas of 3dBi each which leads to a super quality wireless service.
- It comes with a weatherproof design that protects it from harsh weather conditions when mounted externally.
- It is designed to be durable and serve you for a long period of time.
- This is a highly versatile wireless access point and it is easy to use and connect with all wireless enabled devices.
- At a price of $137.50, this wireless access point is not easily affordable to everyone.
- The required UniFi controller software could be an issue in the long run.
2. TP-Link Wireless N300 2T2R Access Point
The TP-Link Wireless N300 2T2R Access Point is one of the most highly rated wireless access points out there at the moment.
This wireless access point comes with a wireless N speed up to 300Mbps which makes it very suitable for high bandwidth consuming and sensitive applications like video streaming, online gaming, VoIP, etc.
With this product, you have multiple operating modes including; Access Point, Multi SSID, Client, Universal /WDS Repeater, and Bridge with AP which allows it to run seamlessly with multiple wireless applications and provide the users with a more dynamic, robust and comprehensive experience when using it.
It features the TL-WA801ND which can be powered using an Ethernet cable to send data and electricity to wherever the access point is located, even if it is as far as 100 feet away.
Another great thing you get by using this wireless access point is the frequency range of around 2.4-2.4835GHz and wireless transmitter power of 20dBm (MAX). You also get a modulation technology of DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, OFDM, 16-QAM, 64-QAM.
Overall, this is a highly functional wireless access point with all-around positive reviews from all fronts and you should consider getting one as it is also cost-effective which makes us put in our Best Wireless Access Point 2020 list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of TP-Link Wireless N300 2T2R Access Point that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Access Point to get in 2020.
- At a price of just $24.99, this is a very affordable wireless access point and it offers a great value for money.
- It offers great range and speed, as it boasts of a speed of around 300Mbps which is as good as they come.
- It is fully compatible with 802.11b/g products.
- It comes with detachable antennas and this would allow for antenna upgrade should you desire.
- This wireless access point is very easy to install and use.
- It may not retain the proper password in the long term and you would have to change from time to time.
- This device may not function properly as a WDS repeater or WDS client access point as it is built mainly as a wireless access point.
3. Linksys Business AC 1200 Wi-Fi Cloud Managed Access Point
The Linksys Business AC 1200 Wi-Fi Cloud Managed Access Point is an innovative product from the Linksys brand that is highly suitable for the running of a business.
This wireless access point has features that would make entrepreneurs and individuals who have various WAPS to be able to manage it easily without any stress.
It has remote access which makes it easy for you to monitor your networks from anywhere at any particular time. It comes with a cloud manager that allows you to easily monitor your networks on a browser through a remote.
As a matter of fact, you can manage and multiple accounts and networks in real-time and even generate real-time statistics that would help you in analyzing your networks’ activity and health, thereby reducing a lot of transactional costs that would have been needed to do it by visiting each network at different sites.
You can also scale your networks by adding thousands of access points and devices through this wireless access point and you also get a captive portal that helps you in controlling and customizing guest Wi-Fi access.
With the Linksys Business AC 1200 Wi-Fi Cloud Managed Access Point, you have advanced security to protect your network and keep it safe from external intruders and hackers as it is enhanced with the LAPAC1200C Wireless AC Access Point Features, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), and Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) security protocols that ensures you are properly protected at all times.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Linksys Business AC 1200 Wi-Fi Cloud Managed Access Point that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Access Points to get in 2020.
- This wireless access point comes with a cloud manager that helps in managing multiple wireless network accounts through remote access and thereby reducing the cost of transactions that could have been lost to on-site management.
- It comes with a combined data transfer rate of up to 1.17 Gaps.
- It is compatible with PoE+ and can be easily mounted on a wall or ceiling.
- The cloud manager feature comes freely without an additional cost and it can be used for 5 years at no additional cost.
- It comes with advanced security protocols that would protect your wireless networks from external intruders and hackers.
- It comes with a captive portal that allows you to customize and control guest Wi-Fi access.
- This wireless access point is mainly for internal use as it doesn’t have the characteristics or the protection to be mounted externally.
- At a price of just about $150, this is a fairly expensive wireless access point.
- The connection to the Ethernet is mainly limited to one connection.
4. Ubiquiti UAP-3 UniFi IEEE 802.11n
The Ubiquiti UAP-3 UniFi IEEE 802.11n 300Mbps Wireless Access Point is the second product from the Ubiquiti Networks making our list and rightly so.
This product is a revolutionary Wi-Fi system that combines carrier-class performance, unlimited scalability, disruptive pricing and a virtual management controller all in one package.
This wireless access point comes with the latest Wi-Fi 802.11n MIMO technology that allows it to run at a speed of up to 300 Mbps and it also has amazing coverage of up to 500 feet radius. It features a strong and durable design that makes it possible for it to be mounted either internally or externally while still delivering an excellent wireless network.
This is a truly highly rated product as it has 4.6 ratings out of 5 on Amazon. It is easily powered by the Ubiquiti UniFi UAP Wireless Access Point /Bridge 11b/g/n enterprise Wi-Fi system and comes with a 23dBm and a 24V 1A PoE adapter.
Just like most Ubiquiti products, this wireless access point is highly efficient with the use of power.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Ubiquiti UAP-3 UniFi IEEE 802.11n that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Access Point to get in 2020.
- It can be mounted either internally or externally.
- This wireless access point is built to be durable and efficient.
- It has a reach of up to 500 feet radius which is one of the best in the current market.
- It is highly compatible with PoE.
- This product comes with the latest Wi-Fi system, 802.11n MIMO technology.
- It can b run at a speed of up to 300 Mbps and it offers unlimited scalability.
- This product has been verified by the State of California to contain some chemicals which may cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harms.
- At a price of $166.57, this wireless access point is not affordable for everyone.
5. TP-Link EAP225 V3 Wireless MU-MIMO
The TP-Link EAP225 V3 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access point is the second product from the TP-Link brand featuring on our top picks for the best wireless access point currently in the market.
This product is cost-effective and it is built to function primarily as an internally installed wireless access point. It fully supports both 802.3af PoE and passive PoE power supply which makes its deployment very easy.
This wireless access point can run at a speed of 450Mbps when on a 2.4GHz frequency and it can even do better by running at 867Mbps when being operated on a 5GHz frequency, all of which amounts to around 1200Mbps Wi-Fi speed.
With the brand new and innovative MU-MIMO technology that comes with it, this wireless access point can simultaneously transfer data with multiple devices and it also supports management VLAN for enhanced network management.
With this wireless access point, the users have access to free cloud management that can help in managing multiple networks from one spot and thereby cutting down on the cost of transactions that could have been lost to managing various networks differently at different sites.
There is also a guest network with Facebook, Wi-Fi and SMS login that allows you to keep track of guest login to your wireless networks.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of TP-Link EAP225 V3 Wireless MU-MIMO that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Access Point to get in 2020.
- It comes with free cloud management that helps in managing multiple networks centrally.
- It comes with a highly effective and superior Wi-Fi speed that is powered by the innovative MU-MIMO technology.
- This wireless access point comes with multiple PoE options for easy installation.
- It is built to support management VLAN for enhanced network management.
- At a price of $69.11, this wireless access point is quite affordable and it is one of the best products in the market in terms of value for money.
- It is very easy to set up and use as users can set it up in just a matter of minutes.
- There is no wired gateway router to pair this device with to have a unified system.
- You may have to be careful not to overexpose yourself to this device as the State of California has warned it may contain chemicals that cause reproductive harms, birth defects and possibly cancer.
At the time of review of these all products I thing came in my mind everyone is having an issue with the wifi speed, why not share the tips to increase the wifi speed. 🙂
6. NETGEAR AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Access Point
The NETGEAR AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Access Point is one of the best options out there when it comes to value for money.
This dual-band wireless is specially designed for homes and small businesses that are looking for a cost-effective wireless access point for their wireless network’s needs.
This product comes with an aggregate speed of 1.2Gbps that is made up of 300Mbps speed when operating at a 2.4GHz frequency and 867Mbps speed when operating at a 5GHz frequency. The two external antennas are designed to provide a superior Wi-Fi signal and far-reaching coverage.
This wireless access point offers a lot of flexibility as it works with all N150, N300, N600, and AC devices. It also comes with IPV6 support for enhanced and more robust performance.
When it comes to connectivity, there is ample space as this wireless access point comes with four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports that make it easy for it to be connected to PC, laptops, and a variety of other wired devices.
Also, this wireless access point is easy to set up and configure with Wi-Fi protected system (WPS) button which allows for easy one-touch client connectivity which makes it to perfectly fit in our Best Wireless Access Point 2020 list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of NETGEAR AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Access Point that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Access Point to get in 2020.
- It comes with four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports which makes it easily connectable to laptops, PC, and other wired devices.
- It offers a lot of flexibility as it can work seamlessly with all N150, N300, N600 and AC devices.
- With an aggregate speed of around 1.2Gbps, this is a highly functional and fast wireless access point.
- It is highly cost-effective as it comes at a very affordable price of $49.99.
- It is very easy to set up and configure with Wi-Fi Protected System (WPS) button for easy one-touch connectivity.
- The browser interface may start to break after a period of use which could be frustrating.
- The tech support of this product is not that great and leaves a lot more to be desired.
7. Zyxel Wi-Fi 11ac Wave 2 3×3 Access Point
The Zyxel Wi-Fi 11ac Wave 2 3×3 Access Point is another very good wireless access point that our readers should consider investing in. This product is modern and built to offer a supreme wireless network connection at all times.
It comes with a dual-band Wi-Fi that offers simultaneous frequency operation levels of 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless. It comes with a 3×3 MU-MIMO innovative technology that provides wireless speed of up to 1.6Gbps (802.11a/b/g/n/ac).
With this wireless access point, you have a product that supports standard PoE+ (802.3at) external power supply. You also get a flexible operating mode that can be easily switched between Cloud, Standalone, and the root-AP/repeater modes.
This product also allows you to centrally manage all your wireless networks without the need to install any software or controller through the Zyxel Nebula feature that comes with it.
The Zyxel Wi-Fi 11ac Wave 2 3×3 Access Point ensures you have a high performance and reliable connections through the NWA1123-AC series that continually deliver increased coverage and improved connection speed at all times.
With the Generation – 2 Transmit Beamforming technology and advanced noise suppression it comes with, the connection and coverage of this wireless access point is fully optimized for multiple clients at once.
If you are looking for a product that offers great technical support, then, you would surely have it in this one as it comes with a US-based phone, chat and email support as well as a community forum that would be available at all times to provide you with all the necessary support and help you might need while using this wireless access point.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Zyxel Wi-Fi 11ac Wave 2 3×3 Access Point that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Access Points to get in 2020.
- This product offers the perfect technical support that would ensure you are not left stranded when you encounter any difficulties when operating it.
- It comes with NWA1123-AC HD which is built with a high-efficiency antenna module, premium power amplifier, and low noise elements to deliver superior wireless coverage, and performance at all times.
- It comes with a multi-user MIMO technology that ensures increased performance in terms of speed and operating frequency.
- It also comes with flexible operating modes that would suit your needs.
- This wireless access point allows you to easily manage all your networks from the cloud without much hassle and additional transaction costs.
- It comes with solid-state capacitors and advanced heat dissipation features that ensure high reliability as well as durability.
- At a price of about $160, this wireless access point is quite expensive.
Best Wireless Access Point: What To Consider
Before making the buying decision, there are quite a few things that all would-be buyers must consider so as to end up getting the best products at all times. For the benefit of our readers, we shall be listing out some of these requirements below.
Reach and Coverage:-
Perhaps, the most important feature that everyone would-be buyer must consider before paying for a wireless access point is the reach. This is because the reach would determine how much you can enjoy the wireless access point for your use at home or office.
You don’t want to invest in a WAP that would only function effectively when you are a few meters away. A wireless access point is supposed to function optimally from many feet radius away and you should make sure the product you are investing in is able to do this.
Speed could be as important as reach and coverage sometimes as it could be quite frustrating to invest in a wireless service that would be too slow and leave you hanging when streaming or doing other online activities.
The wireless access point you are investing in should offer great speed at a great frequency. Your streaming service shouldn’t lag behind and act as if it you were seeing the slow motion of your favorite video.
Before buying, check out the speed and frequency of the wireless access point you wish to buy and you should only invest in the WAP if its speed is deemed good enough.
It is important that the wireless access point you are investing in incomes with enough Gigabit Ethernet ports that would allow you to connect it with your PCs, laptops, and other wired devices at work, homes, or any other place where you sing it.
By all means, you would want to get the best value for your money, and if the wireless access point you have invested in doesn’t come with enough ports that you can easily connect your wired devices with, maybe it isn’t worth your investment.
For anyone who is buying a new product, one of the first advice we give is to thoroughly read the reviews of the buyers from the various merchant sites.
The truth be told, there are a lot of products with a lot of features written against them on sites which are not actually functioning when they are put to use.
The best way to find this out is to look at the reviews of the buyers. Ideally, the buyers have used the product you are about to buy and have first-hand knowledge of how it is going to work.
When you read such reviews, you would be able to discover what is attainable with each product and make the right buying decision without making the same mistakes such buyers might have made before.
All the products on this list are carefully picked and you can be sure they satisfy all the requirements that anyone could look for in a wireless access point. Regardless of the price, they all offer good value for money and come with enough coverage, reach and speed that would leave you truly satisfied when putting to use.