Music is one of the best ways to show your creativity and the inner side of the world. Earlier, the production of music requires expensive pieces of equipment like hardware compressors, sequencers, etc.
However, the enhancement in technology has revolutionized this industry. Now, a laptop with the right beat-making software is more than enough to compose appealing music and songs. If you are a musician who is looking for a free beat making software, then you are in the right place.
Beats are the core of every type of music. In previous times, people depend on musical instruments to create beats. However, every person can’t afford and learn these expensive instruments.
If you want to be a part of this industry, you must know how to edit and compose beats. The beat-making software allows you to produce, edit, and draft beats without any instrument requirement.
There are tons of free beat making software on the internet that claims to compose best beats. However, most of them are not reliable and trustworthy.
Some of them are difficult to operate, while others have limited functions. Hence, it can be challenging for people to find the right software according to demand. In this article, we have selected the list of best beat making software available on the internet.
You can choose the one that will fulfill all your requirements. Now, let’s get started with the list of best beat and music-making programs.
Best Free Beat Making Software: Our Top Picks 👌
1. GarageBand: Best Beat Making Software For Mac
Garageband (Download Here) is one of the best free beat making software for the people who use Mac OS. This software is similar to pro software named Logic Pro X.
It is famous for its easy-to-use features, which makes it incredible for beginners. Many professional tools present in this software allows users to compose the different types of music.
This apple product consists of a modern design that makes it more appealing. It consists of a vast inbuilt sound library with more than 100+ unique sounds.
The sound library comprises the sound of many popular instruments, including drum, guitar, and many others. It also includes a lot of samples that users can tweak in the way they want. If you are a Mac user, then this software can be outstanding for you.
The best thing about this software is that it has many tutorial videos for different concepts. It makes it excellent for those who have no experience in making music.
This software has many incredible features like smart drum kits, rhythms, FX, etc. that make it unique from others. The music created on this software gets saved on the iCloud.
It allows users to access music anywhere and anytime. Users can also share the music directly on many social media platforms using this software.
- This software has a friendly user interface.
- It consists of many sound samples that make music production easier.
- It saves the created audio files directly on iCloud that allows the users to access it anywhere.
- This software consists of many professional editing and recording features.
- It allows the user to share their music on social media platforms easily.
- It contains the sounds of various instruments like drums, guitar, etc.
- This software is not available for Windows users.
- It doesn’t have any mixer, which sometimes prevents you from having complete control over the project.
If you want to download this software to compose your music, you can download it from here.
2. FL Studio 20
When it comes to best beat making software, then you cannot ignore FL Studio 20 (Download Here). It provides a full music production environment that makes this software a complete Digital Audio Workstation.
FL Studio has all the incredible features that a professional beat-maker needs. Moreover, this program has a friendly user interface that makes it unique from others. More than 80 plugins are present in this software to provide excellent music functionality to the user.
Many professional artists even claim to use this software to produce music. It has many professional features like audio recording, Directsound support, Midi support, etc.
This free beat making software also includes an advanced mixer that allows the user to produce complex beats. However, it also has a premium version with many advanced features compared to the free one.
Users can use the trial version for an unlimited time. However, it doesn’t allow the user to save the project in the WAV file format. This software comes in a block format that enables the users to make an effective beat by following simple steps.
The only downside of this software is that it doesn’t allow the user to save the project for working on it later. It is available for Windows as well as Mac users.
- This software has a simple user interface, which makes it incredible for beginners.
- It comes with 80 different plugins that allow the users to create professional beats without any mess.
- It comprises many impressive features like Midi support, audio recording, etc.
- The advanced mixer included in this software allows the users to make complex beats easily.
- It supports lots of instruments and also includes their built-in sounds.
- The free version of this software can only export the project in an MP3 format.
- It doesn’t allow the users to save the project for later use. Hence, users cannot close the application until the project is final.
Individuals who want to try this powerful software for composing professional beats can download it from here.
If you are looking for a free beat making software for beginners, then LMMS (Download Here) can be the right choice for you. The full form of LMMS is Let’s Make music, which is also the aim of this software.
It allows the users to make vibrant and appealing beats with its excellent interface. It is open-source software that doesn’t charge any money from the users.
This software has tons of tools that allow users to create, mix, and arrange beats easily. The unique design of this software makes it stand out in the crowd.
It has a sticker interface and lots of small icons that help the user to navigate to the desired location or function quickly. Users can also share their music on Soundcloud or other social media platforms using this software.
Other impressive features of this software are the built-in compressor, spectrum analyzer, etc. It also supports many instruments like the piano. It has many functions that users cannot find in many fundamental beat creators.
This software even allows the users to note playback through the typing keyboard. The massive community of this software can be another significant advantage for the users. It is not only available for Window users but Mac as well as Linux users.
- LMMS is open-source software and completely free for users.
- It has many advanced features that help the users to compose professional beats easily.
- The small icons present in this software allow the user to navigate to the desired function easily.
- It allows users to share their music on social media platforms.
- It has tons of plugins that help the users to make professional beats without any mess.
- LMMS doesn’t contain any audio recording option.
- The mixer of this software has limited options as compared to other pro-beatmakers.
If you want to try this free beat making software for composing music, you can download it from here.
4. Tracktion WAVEFORM FREE
It is another powerful software (Download Here) for producing professional beats. This software is fully featured Digital Audio Workshop for free. The company offers the older versions of this software without charging any money.
Users can use them for unlimited time to effortlessly creating appealing music. However, the latest version offered by the company, which includes extended features, is not free.
The free version of this DAW has many excellent features. It has a professional interface that allows the users to access the desired functions easily. The nifty selector present in this software enables the user’s input/output selection, mixer, etc.
It also has a drag-and-drop feature that makes the composing and editing process more comfortable. The automation patterns help the user to save time during editing.
Clip layer editing is another impressive feature of this software. This feature allows the users to apply subtle effects without changing the original waveform of a single track.
This software also includes many powerful functions like compressors, limiters, EQs, etc. It has excellent technical support, training videos, and a helpful community too. It is available for Windows, Linux as well as Mac users.
- This software has many advanced features that allow users to make professional beats easily.
- It comes with automation patterns, which can save a lot of time during editing.
- It includes a drag-and-drop function that makes the editing process a lot easier.
- This software has excellent technical support to assist the users.
- It has a clip layer editing system that can apply subtle effects without modifying the original waveform of the track.
- This software has a single-screen interface that can sometimes be messy and crowded.
- It is not proper for the musicians who are looking for heavy-duty mixing of the music.
Individuals who want to try this powerful software for composing beats can download it from here.
Musescore (Download Here) is one of the excellent free beat making software for beginners due to its amazing features. This software can help you to compose professional beats with a few simple steps.
It is a complete Digital Audio Workstation that can help you to make your dream music easily. It is an open-source program that means users can access all its features free of cost.
This software allows the users to input the music via the MIDI keyboard too. Moreover, it enables the users to transfer the files quickly from one software to another.
The orientation of this free beat making software is more towards classical music than the new one. This software’s incredible features allow the user to compose, mix, and edit beats with ease.
This software also provides a sheet music function. This feature can be excellent for individuals who want to try something unique. It allows the users to create and use a sheet of the instrument that they play.
The best thing about this program is that it enables the users to download the beats in any format that makes the sharing process a lot easier. This software is available for Windows as well as Mac users.
- The ease and compatibility of this software make it excellent for beginners.
- This software is a complete Digital Audio Workstation that allows users to compose professional beats.
- It allows users to compose, edit, and mix the music in one place.
- It consists of music from various instruments like guitar, piano, jazz, etc.
- This software allows the users to download the recorded songs in any format.
- It enables the users to transfer files from one program to another without any mess.
- This software doesn’t contain any online collaboration features.
- It is not available for Linux users.
Individuals who want to try this incredible software for making beats can download it from here.
6. Magix Music Maker
It is a complete Digital Audio Workshop that allows users to make music from scratch without any knowledge or experience. The free version of this software consists of an extensive library of free sounds. Users can easily modify these sounds according to the requirement.
This software has a sound of 8 inbuilt musical instruments. The looping feature of this software enables the user to record high-quality audio on your device.
The best thing about this software is that it supports most audio file formats, including MP3, WAV, RM, AIF, etc. This software also supports many accessible commands like undo, redo, etc.
This music maker also comprises drag and drop features. It allows the users to compose, edit, and mix beats without any expertise in this field. Users can also include music from real instruments in the songs using this software.
The default sound that comes in this software is more than enough for beginners. However, it comes with a store from which users can purchase new sounds to expand the library. This software is compatible with devices having Windows OS.
- This software has a friendly user interface, which makes it excellent for beginners.
- It is a complete Digital Audio Workshop that allows the users to compose music from scratch.
- It has a vast inbuilt library of around 425 sounds.
- This music maker supports different file formats like MP3, RM, WAV, etc.
- It consists of many features that allow users to compose, edit, and mix beats with ease.
- It allows the users to add the music even from the real instruments when required.
- This music maker has limited features for professional beatmakers.
- It is not available for Mac as well as Linux users.
Individuals who want to try this excellent software for making beats can download it from here.
It is one of the best free beat making software that is available for Linux, Windows, as well as Mac users. This software (Download Here) allows users to work on multiple files at a time with ease.
It has an extensive library of inbuilt sounds by which users can easily make new beats by modifying or mixing them. It has many incredible features that make this software more functional.
This software comes with a pattern-based sequencer. It allows the users to try an unlimited number of patterns at a time. Users can also chain them in one song, which can be another excellent feature.
Other popular features of hydrogen include advanced tempo, time stretch, multi-layer support for instruments, etc. The best thing about this software is that it allows the users to import/export the songs and beats in multiple formats like WMV, MP3, etc.
Multi-layer support for instruments is another impressive feature of this software. The big collection of demo songs present in this software helps the user to produce appealing beats quickly. You can use this excellent software on any device regardless of the operating system it is using.
- This software is available for Windows, Mac as well as Linux users.
- It has a vast inbuilt collection of sounds that users can use to make beats easily.
- It allows the users to import/export the songs in various formats like MP3, WMV, etc.
- This software comes with multi-layer support for instruments.
- The pattern-sequencer present in this software enables the user to produce and chain unlimited patterns in one song.
- This software comes with limited options, which make it unsuitable for professional beatmakers.
- It doesn’t have a proper support system, which can be annoying for the users.
Individuals who want to try this excellent free beat making software can download it from here.
Ordrumbox (Download Here) is another incredible free tool for music composition. It comes with many unique features that make it excellent for beginners.
This software is famous for providing fast results as compared to other free beat making software. Hence, it can be ideal for people who are looking to experiment with some new things or sounds.
This software offers many incredible features like auto-composition and polyrhythms. Other popular features that make it ideal for experimentation are automatic sound matching, low-fi rendering, etc.
The best thing about this software is that it provides access to all the features without demanding any payment. It comes with many inbuilt rhythms and sound databases that users can edit according to their demands.
This software also allows users to import and export MIDI when required. It also has an online version from where you can use this software without even downloading it.
However, we recommend you to use the downloaded version due to its fast interface. This program also comprises an audio sequencer with free drum kits that makes it more functional. It is available for Mac as well as Windows users.
- This software is famous for providing fast results, which makes it ideal for experimentation.
- It has many incredible features, including automatic sound matching.
- The extensive inbuilt sound database present in this software allows the users to compose the songs quickly.
- It enables the users to export and import MIDI too.
- The audio sequencer present in this software allows the users to compose appealing beats in no time.
- It also comes with an online version that has a slightly different interface.
- This software doesn’t contain the advanced features that make it unsuitable for professionals.
- It doesn’t come with any beginner tutorial facility.
If you want to try this free beat making software in your device, you can download it from here.
In previous times, one cannot even think of composing beats without any instrument. However, advancements in technology have made it possible to produce beats and music with your laptop.
It gives an incredible opportunity to beginners who are looking to show their talent to this world. The beat making software allows the users to compose, edit, and mix beats without any mess.
Most of the beat making software present on the internet demand payment. However, beginners cannot afford such money at the starting of their careers. Most of the free software available on the internet is not reliable.
It can be challenging for users to find the right software that will fulfill all their requirements. Therefore, in this article, we have provided the best free beat making software. You can try these free programs to compose your music and learn new things.
We have also described the benefits and disadvantages of every software for your convenience. You can try the one that suits you best according to your requirements.