Want to find the Best Passport Photo Apps For Android Phone? 🤔 You’ve come to the right place.
Let’s get started.
If you are thinking about jetting off on your trip in the upcoming season when the Pandemic gets over, you need to take a few identity cards with you, and the most important of all is your passport.
There was a time when people used to go to a photographer to have a picture clicked for the passport as it was not easy to capture the right photo in the cameras in the early 90s and even in the 2000s.
But now everything is changed as we have our smartphones in pockets, most of the smartphones you see today have more than 3 camera lenses sticking out from their back.
This is because more and more people are now getting familiar with phone photography and capturing all their photos from their smartphones. So it was fair to think about an app that can help you capture the passport photo for your ID cards and passes.
You might be thinking my camera can take a great portrait picture, why do I need to download a separate app just to get the passport photo.
Well, there are a lot of things that you need to keep in mind when you are clicking a passport size photo, it’s the lighting, the size of your image, and the background.
You can control the size and the lighting of the picture, but your generic mobile camera app cannot help you with the background of your image. For that, you need to have these passport photo apps.
Today we are going to show you the best passport size photo apps which you can download on your Android device and use it according to your needs.
Also, we will be providing you some tips to capture the perfect photo for your passport, so you don’t have to take a picture, again and again, leading you to waste your precious time.
How to make a perfect Passport Photo at Home?
To get the best of the photo, which can be approved by the passport officials, you need to follow some strict rules, so it’s time to take someones else as selfies will take your application straight to rejection.
Also, you need to keep in mind to close off your grin, we know a good smile is what you need to have in almost every photo to make it look better, but that’s not true for passport photos.
When it comes to having a perfect passport photo, you need to show the natural face of yours without any added expression and, if possible, without any facial hair for men.
For women, you don’t have to apply makeup before taking a passport photo, as the officials need to see your natural face.
Given below, we have put down a step-by-step tutorial for you to get the perfect picture of yourself on the first try. Try to follow these steps as close as possible, and good results will follow.
Step 1: Find A Great Camera For Yourself
Well, if the tool is not right, then how can you expect the photo to be great? You are free to take a photo from any smartphone you have in your home, but we recommend using the one which is the most costly of them all, as more is the cost better will be the camera lens and processor inside the phone.
One thing you need to keep in mind is to check if there are any scratches on the lens of your camera, it could lead to blurry images when you are taking a photo.
Likewise, don’t think about taking a picture using a webcam, it won’t be of any help, as you can’t place it anywhere you want, and to edit it, you need to transfer it from your computer to your mobile phone. Which to be honest, it is a bit of a hassle when you can take photos on a smartphone.
Use a tripod if you have it in your home as it can help you take pictures, even without someone’s help, just set the timer and you are good to go.
Step 2: Find A Plain Background For The Image
You must take a photo while standing in front of a plain background, anything which can be seen behind will be marked as an obstruction and will be rejected to be submitted successfully. In addition to this, you need to avoid standing in front of a tiled wall, due to its texture.
An ideal position for standing in front of a camera to take passport photos is to stand 1.5 meters away from your smartphone.
Also, you need to have half a meter away from the background wall for the perfect picture. Once you get everything set up for the photo and there is nothing in between the camera and your standing position, click a photo.
Step 3: Make Sure There Is An Extra Space For Editing
This is one common issue with the people who are taking their photos on their own, which is not leaving enough space for editing and cropping, your photo needs to have enough side space so it can be cropped by the passport office without sacrificing any detail of your face.
Always make sure you have enough room near both your shoulder and above your head while taking a picture.
Step 4: Lighting Needs To Be Same
Another big rejection reason we have come across for the passport photographs is the issues with the lighting. The best lighting in any way possible is natural lighting, so try to find a position in your home where you can stand in front of a window, having direct sunlight hitting your face straight from the window.
If you take a photo with a certain angle, you will see shadows on the wall behind you, in some cases where the officials are strict, they can reject your application.
So it is better to be more cautious with the lighting and try to make it as even as possible. One pro tip we can give you is not to stand close to the lamp as it will just create extra exposure on one side of your face.
Step 5: Remove Your Headwear
We know you love your NBA cap, but when you are taking a photo, it is best to remove anything which could be hiding some parts of your face.
You can keep a headwear if it is worn for religious purposes or due to some medical reason; otherwise, it is better to take it off so there will be no obstruction whatsoever.
Step 6: Your Eyes Need To Be Seen Clearly
Here, we are talking to you ladies, if you have long hair, you need to tie it on your back, so it does not cover your face and eyes in any way. In case you have a longer fringe, it is best for you to sweep it to your side to show your face more clearly.
In addition to this, the passport office asks you to have a glass that doesn’t produce any reflection when you are taking the picture, so tinted glasses are a big no here.
If you wear glasses all the time, you can have them when you are clicking the photo, but sunglasses and shades won’t make you look cool here, so it’s best to keep them up for your beach holiday.
Step 7: Don’t Add Filters And Extra Effects
We think there are some issues with the lighting. Or an HDR filter will add more colors into your photo, but don’t let the photographer in you takeover the commonsense just for this instance and use the raw image with no effect for the best results.
Nobody you want to impress will be looking at your passport photo before deciding to go on a date with you, so try to keep it as simple as possible.
Thus, wear a plain shirt with no graphics and checks, and for ladies, you can apply that same, no colorful, and too bright tops.
Best Passport Photo Apps: Our Top Pick 👌
The apps which we are going to show you on this list have been trusted by millions and have great reviews on Google Play Store, so at this point, we are just flexing our research capabilities.
1. Passport Photo Maker – VISA/Passport Photo Editor
First, on our list we have VISA/Passport photo app, there is a reason why we have put it on the top of our list as we couldn’t find any issues with it and most importantly, it’s free, so you don’t have to pay to download it from the app store.
You can use this app to combine your standard passport and ID photographs into a single sheet of 3x4, 4x4, 4x6, 5x7, or if you want to print it in A4 size, you can do that too using this app.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Passport Photo Maker that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- First, the size which is already fixed inside this app is supported by more than 50 countries all over the world.
- In addition to this, if you don’t have a plain background, you can use this app to remove it and make the photo look like it has been shot in a professional studio.
- It comes with an inbuilt manual, which shows you the requirement of a passport photo for your country, making it easier for you to get it done in your home.
- Moreover, it’s one app that will provide you with all the tools you need for the perfect passport-size photo.
- It does contain some ads and in-app purchases.
2. ID Photo Application
Second, on our list we have an ID photo application, this application will help you in creating photos for India, Germany, the USA, Italy, Korea, and France.
This list may look small to you, but these countries have the most number of people who have passports, so the company which has developed the application is targeting the numbers more strategically.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the ID photo application that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- The great thing about this application is, you can get a refund on the premium tool if it does not work on your device.
- Besides, the background can be removed if you think it won’t pass the test of passport officials.
- Moreover, all the standard printing sizes are free to use and are ready for you from the very start.
- The user interface of the apps makes it easy to navigate from the different tools that the application offers you.
- With this app, you won’t find any pixelation taking place in your photos.
- You need to pay to get the background removal tool for this application.
3. Passport Size Photo Maker
Most of the apps which you are going to see here are made to solve only one purpose, so it is fair to find the same tools and features inside some of these apps.
On the third spot we have a Passport size photo maker, this app supports passport and VISA format for the image to almost 100 countries. With this app, you don’t have to run to your local studio to get the background removed from your image.
The app has so many features that can help you tweak the settings of your camera lens and make it ideal for capturing the perfect photo for your passport.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Passport Size Photo Maker that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- First, you can choose from several different sizes for your photo according to your government requirements.
- Also, if you need to put the image into grayscale, you can edit that in your photo using this app.
- The size of the photo which you get in printing is (101.6mm x 152.4mm) this is set by default in the app, but you are free to change it.
- To edit out the background, you need to pay a small amount for an in-app purchase.
4. Passport Photo ID Maker Studio – ID Photo Editor
This app lets you upload your photo and edit it on the tools and image resolution set by the different governments. The picture won’t take more than a minute to get processed in the editor, and once it is done, you will get your photo in a passport format.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Passport Photo ID Maker Studio – ID Photo Editor that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- It is free to download, there are no broad app purchases except one or two, but they are not necessary if you have captured the photo accurately.
- Furthermore, the app is compatible with the latest android update.
- Lastly, it uses AI to edit your photo, but if there are minor changes you want to do, you can still edit them manually.
- You can print the photo at home, or you can ask for them to get printed by an online store using this app.
- The cost for a single in-app purchase can go up to $7.
5. Passport Photo Booth – Take & Print ID Pictures
If you are looking for an app that can give you a passport size photo in just two steps, then this app is just the thing for you.
With the minimal setting requirement, it edits your picture in less than 2 minutes. Moreover, if money is not the problem, you can ask the application to print the photo for you, and you will get the physical copy on your address in a few days.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Passport Photo Booth – Take & Print ID Pictures that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- First, it supports multiple country’s formats and allows custom size format if required.
- Secondly, you can send your photo by mail directly from this app.
- Instructions will guide you to the right spot, where you need to be standing to take the perfect shot.
- It can work on old smartphones as well that are running on the Android 5.0 operating system.
- Once you order your photo to be printed by the company, it cannot be canceled.
6. Passport Size Photo Maker
This app lets you color your background according to your liking; you can go from bright colors to white if you wanted. The app supports 150 countries’ passport photo size, meaning it covers almost half the countries that are around the globe.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Passport Size Photo Maker that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- First, you can select your country and see what size it requires in a passport photo.
- Also, with the app’s auto-back eraser, you can change the background completely.
- The app has more than 100,000+ installs, which shows that the app is reliable when it comes to performing its task.
- You can take only one print at a time, so it’s a bit time-consuming when you need to have more copies.
7. ID Visa Passport Photo: Resize & Remove Background
This app uses advanced AI to automatically edit and generate your photos for several documents from your smartphone.
All you need to do is take a picture or upload it from your gallery and fill out the country for which you want a passport photo, then AI takes over and does everything for you, including removing the background if it is not suitable for the picture.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the ID Visa Passport Photo that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- You can take photos of both adults and children using this app and use the images to fill the essential documents.
- AI in the app recognizes the face in your photos using the algorithm and adjusts to a proper size based on the requirements.
- Even for a newborn baby, you can use this app to get his picture for the passport application, because the app has a separate module for babies and children.
- The app is pretty new, so there might be bugs that still need to be fixed.
8. Passport Photo – ID Photo
If you have a photo lab in your mind which is near to your place and you can quickly get the prints from it, then this app will make things easier for you.
It lets you select the photo labs which are near your area and will let you place an order for the physical print of your photos to them.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Passport Photo – ID Photo that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- It consists of 100 countries’ passport photo templates for you to choose from.
- Besides, you can edit your photo with its unique top 10 job application photo format for the best results.
- Likewise, you can take the photo using this app, or you can upload a previously taken photo from your album to edit it according to passport requirements.
- Lastly, it supports multi-touch gestures, so you use a double finger to zoom in and out your photos to adjust.
- The different sizes of photos are predefined, meaning you can’t adjust them manually if you want to.
9. Indian Passport Size Photo Visa Pan OCI Aadhaar DL
Last on our list, we have an app that lets you create a photo, especially for Indian government documents such as Aadhaar, driving license, PAN card, and of course, passport.
Everything is the same across the board with this app, you can upload a photo from your phone and can change the background of your image. Moreover, you can adjust the color contrast and brightness if needed.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Indian Passport Size app that makes it add to the Best Passport Photo Apps list.
- The auto-editing tools let you create easy passport-size photos in no time.
- You can share your images on WhatsApp, E-mail, and even on social media using this app.
- Likewise, the app features the photo size of almost every major examination that is held by the government of India, be it your banking exams, UPSC exams, or CAT, and you can get your photo precisely edited for these exams without any extra cost.
- This passport size photo app is only for India, so in theory, you can’t use it to get the passport size photo of other countries.
So there you have it: the best passport photo apps which you can download on your android mobile and resume your passport process. Back in time, the government used to take charge to click a photo of yours for the passport.
The bills used to add up pretty quickly when you are going through the Passport application, but with modern technology, everything is now online and just a click away.
Now with these apps, the expense of a photographer is cut to almost free. As of now with a little help, your self clicked a semi-professional passport-size photo.
Will stand on all the requirements of the government. These apps give you the freedom not only to print the picture of your number of times, but you can even send them to your friend to get its print.
If you have your favorite app which we might have missed, do let us know in the comment section below, so we can see to it and update our list if needed.