Social media platforms are indeed a great place to showcase your talent and make it reach an audience. With emerging and changing technology, every one of us has a presence on social networking sites. Social networking sites help to amplify your talent and work to a large audience.
In these times of advancement, artists have a great opportunity to showcase their talent through social networking sites.
We know how crucial social media is for building our artistic specialty and connecting with new clients. But, with so many platforms to choose from, where should you put your efforts? There isn’t just one social networking site for artists; there is a slew of them!
Let us have a look at the best social networking sites for artists!
Best Social Networking Sites For Artists 👌👌
Facebook is the largest social networking site, with more than 2.47 billion active users. Mark Zuckerberg’s most-used platform was launched in 2004 and has set off the most crowded social networking platform.
This platform has been upgraded a lot since it was developed. From allowing users to only go through the feed and message people to allowing them even to make purchases and hassle-free video calls, Facebook has made its worldwide presence.
It is not of much use now for some people, but for artists to make their presence worldwide, they must have an account to reach a large audience.
Creating a presence on Facebook might be difficult for a new artist, but remember, nothing is impossible. You can create a public profile so that you can amplify your work and make it reach a large audience.
Facebook helps creators and artists by providing various features such as public profiles, live videos to interact with, shop, insight tools, short videos, and more.
How is Facebook useful for artists to make their presence on it?
- All the artists can join various public groups to share their work and learn many things from others in the group.
- If you are an artist, you must focus on being regular with your story and video/picture posts to reach the maximum audience.
- Live video is a great option to interact with the audience and know what they like or dislike about your work.
- Artists also have an option to sell their products(if any) through Facebook.
- The more relevant hashtags you use, the more your work will appear in the searches.
- Facebook Messenger helps you to interact and reply to your audience’s messages to grow more.
Instagram is the second-largest social networking site, with over 1 billion active users. It is a picture and multimedia-sharing social networking site owned by Facebook.
In other words, it can be said Instagram is an updated version of Facebook. Instagram was launched in the year 2010 and was later acquired by Facebook in the year 2012.
Instagram is the most trendy and updated social networking platform these days. It is best for every artist, whether a dancer, singer, graphics designer, or more. You can easily create your personal and business profiles and link them together.
How is Instagram useful for artists?
- Instagram is best known for having various business communities all over the world.
- You can easily create your business or work profile and monitor all the insights, such as the number of accounts reached in the past few days, the interactions, how many people followed you, how many people saved your posts, and more.
- Instagram has special tools to amplify your work by showing paid sponsored ads.
- You can follow the ongoing trend easily by creating stories and reels to attract more audiences to your work.
- Collaboration is another way for artists to make their presence on social networking sites. You can try finding brands or individuals for collaboration and increasing the audience.
- Instagram helps engage with people through live videos and Questions and answers to maintain the followers’ interest.
- You get paid for your work if the work is really good and you have a good number of likes/comments/views on your post.
Behance is another social media platform that is in the limelight these days. It is owned by Adobe and was launched in the year 2005.
As they say, “ It is a social media platform to showcase and discover creative work.” This signifies that Behance is the right platform for you if you have that creativity and talent in your work.
The most popular website for creatives to showcase their work is Behance. Using a website like Behance to display your portfolios is among the most effective methods to showcase your abilities and talent. It offers all the artists to create their portfolios using their talent and post on their feeds.
The site provides a platform for all types of artists to display their work to clients and interact with other artists. It accomplishes this by making it simple for artists to create an appealing portfolio of their work, grouped by topic; visitors can then see that.
How is Behance useful to the artists?
- Most businesses are active on Behance, and there is an opportunity that they may select your portfolio.
- Artists can easily create an account and upload their work, such as graphic designs, drawings, and 3d-illusions.
- Behance provides all the artists with a user-friendly platform where they can meet interested clients and other artists or creators.
- The clients can easily subscribe and comment on the artist’s portfolio to avoid the long mailing procedures.
- The artists have full control over their profile regarding who can view their portfolio, collaborate with them, etc.
- Artists can use field filters to make their content more accurate, which helps them increase their appearance whenever the client searches for a particular field.
Ello is an online platforms for artists that were launched in 2014. As they say,” Ello is a platform built by artists, for the artists” this justifies what they offer various artists globally. It has over 1 million users.
Moreover, it is primarily the network for creators and artists and is very different from other social media platforms because it concentrates on innovation and artists. Like many other social networking sites, Ello proactively seeks to connect artists and give possibilities.
This platform helps you build up your artist career by providing you with the best connections with artists and businesses globally. You can also log in to the website and through the android or iOS app.
Ello helps associates with brands, agencies, and publishers to help artists find suitable work for them.
How is Ello useful for the artists?
- It has a special designated “curatorial team” that posts and promotes the content of artists there in their communities every day. This helps the artists to get more reach of their work.
- Like other social networking sites, it is also a community website, but the users are focused and dedicated to the work only.
- Ello is the best platform that helps artists collab with brands.
- It publishes a unique monograph/ zine known as Underscore. This Underscore is posted quarterly and includes the work of 10 artists. The work of 1 artist is published in monographs, and all the others get their work promoted through a zine that is published along with the monograph.
- Ello is a platform where different clients, agencies, and businesses post their artist’s requirements, and the artists can easily apply for their field by sending their portfolios.
- It keeps bringing new giveaways for the artists to help them with one or another.
We all know how much Pinterest is in the limelight these days. It is a social networking platform launched in 2009 and has advanced daily since then.
Whether you are looking for a good wallpaper for your phone or background for your project, or any animated GIF, Pinterest has it all.
For those artists and creators looking forward to making their presence on different social networking sites, this platform is a must to add their work.
The platform has a global appearance, so whether you are in the US or India, or any other country, you can just post your work on it and make it reach a global audience.
Pinterest is like google and Instagram if we talk about search engine working and visual aesthetics.
How is Pinterest useful for Artists?
- Pinterest is a graphical website that allows you to link any work you upload to a URL of your choosing. When you’re using a pinned picture to promote your product, business, or information, you can ensure that the pin goes straight to the correct page on the website.
- Artists can use different tags and hashtags to make their work appear in top searches.
- Any artist posts content on Pinterest is saved forever, so your work has no expiry limit.
- Artists get a great opportunity to view insights using Pinterest, which helps them know about ongoing trends, fashion, and what other artists are doing to create trendy content to attract more audiences.
- It gives new artists a platform to grow and make their presence by showing their skills and talent through pics, videos, and animated gifs.
- It’s a free app, so you don’t have to worry about paying money if you are an emerging artist.
LinkedIn is an America-based social networking platform focusing mainly on business and employment. It was launched in 2002 and had over 690 million active users.
As we see, LinkedIn is getting many new users daily; it is gaining popularity among people engaged in content creation, artists, businesses, and more. It helps individuals and businesses connect easily.
This platform allows users to connect with, communicate with, and create connections with many high-profile, high-achieving users who otherwise would be unavailable to them.
If used correctly, LinkedIn can be the best social networking site for professionals, artists, or creators, whether new or old.
You might think that it is not a much-known and famous social networking site like Facebook, Instagram, etc., but it’s even better than that when building a presence and professional career.
How is LinkedIn useful for artists?
- LinkedIn is primarily a platform used mostly for professional and business purposes, meaning that artists have a greater opportunity to make their presence or get some work.
- Artists can easily post pictures or videos to showcase their talent and skills and what’s more important is that they don’t need to post new work mandatorily; they can also post their older content.
- LinkedIn has a special creator mode that allows creators and artists to turn their profile into a creator’s profile and provide more tools to help them reach more audiences.
- Artists can easily search for the groups they are interested in, share their posts, and work on those groups to gain more reach.
- LinkedIn is a platform where almost every individual or company looking for an employee posts their ad, so artists have a great opportunity to apply for many jobs.
- More relevant hashtags give all the artists or creators a chance to reach out to a large and wider audience.
Twitter is an American social networking site. Launched in the year 2006, it has emerged as the most used social networking site over the years. It is useful for every type of artist engaged in sports, design, art, craft, and much more.
Users can interact with, engage with, and develop relationships with many high-profile, top users who otherwise would be unreachable to them.
It might not be very helpful for artists to sell their products, but it is a great platform for new and old artists to build connections with others.
Twitter has more than 145 million daily active users. The main aim of this platform is to help people connect with others and give them a platform to share their views.
How is Twitter useful for Artists?
- Twitter is famous for having a large group of professionals, so the artists have an opportunity to get great exposure.
- Artists can use many hashtags to promote their content and work to a larger audience.
- It does not support selling the products, but it is a great platform for artists to promote their content, website, and other things related to their work and portfolio.
- Artists get an opportunity to follow other creators to know what they are doing and can learn from them and share their views on a particular post by simply commenting.
- They can retweet anything they like, and the other users can also retweet their work which will help to increase their audience and their presence on the platform.
At the time of our research on Best Social Networking Sites For Artists, we found a video about “10 Great Mysteries Hidden in Famous Paintings,” which is worth watching.
It is a video-sharing and social networking platform that is America-based but has its presence globally. As the reports say, it is the most used platform by users across the globe. YouTube was founded in 2005, and today, it has everything anyone might need.
From food to drawing and artistic videos, YouTube has a large amount of content. It is very easy to find the answer to anything here, but it might be a difficult task for an artist to make a presence on this social networking platform.
How is YouTube useful for artists?
- YouTube has been the most powerful social networking site for years and is getting more powerful each day, with more artists creating their channels.
- It allows artists to post creative videos showcasing their skills to a larger audience and helps promote their website and other platforms.
- Artists can use public posts to connect with their audience through videos, slideshows, comments, texts, and more.
- YouTube offers channels a paid ad plan to help them promote their work and channel to a larger audience.
If you are a graphics designer and have been looking for a social networking platform, Dribbble is the one you need to go for.
You can showcase your portfolio in front of millions of users and grab projects. Apart from this, Dribbble has even helped some of the giants in the market, such as Airbnb, Google, Apple, and others, to hire expert creatives for their requirements.
This is a great platform for all brands or companies to post a job opening and get the best from thousands of designers.
The best aspect of this platform is that you can simply put your design work and write short messages with it. Earlier, people used to call it the “Twitter for Designers,” where you can increase your reach and show your creatives.
How is Dribbble useful for artists?
- Dribbble offers artists to showcase their work on the platform to gain exposure and recognition.
- You can get many projects based on your skill and talent.
- You can even get a full-time job from multiple companies posting job opportunities.
- Create your portfolio and share your other social media platforms to increase your reach.
- social media for artists 2022
Since we are talking about the best social networking sites for artists, we cannot miss 99Designs. When we talk about digital artists who are excellent at making graphics, art, digital designs, etc., 99Designs stands out. It has a brilliant interface, and you will love everything about it.
This platform was founded in 2008 for designers worldwide to connect and grow their reach. It is more of a freelancing site where you can showcase your portfolio and connect with clients in exchange for your service.
Hundreds of contests are held each year that help new designers come forward and earn more recognition and money.
How is 99Designs useful for artists?
- 99Designs focuses on creating a connection between the client and the designers rather than simply running a platform as a freelancing site.
- They offer a money-back guarantee if the client is unsatisfied with the work given to them following certain criteria.
- It allows you to run blind content where artists can submit their projects, and no one else can view them other than the client.
Some top social media platforms for artists of all kinds are Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Dribble, and others. These platforms let artists display their ability and connect with huge global audiences.
For good reasons, Instagram has consistently been rated as artists’ top social media platform. Regarding spreading photographs of your artwork, occasionally posting a photo as content on Instagram is a fantastic place to start.
However, this image-based consumption pattern doesn’t always lend itself to a strong, meaty context that keeps collectors intrigued and craving more.
Other extremely well-known platforms include Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Behance, and Pinterest.
What kind of website should an artist have?
A great artist’s website functions similarly to a gallery or museum. The walls cannot be overrun with artwork by piling it up. It needs room to breathe, whether a piece of art or a word.
Creating pages on your artist’s website is the most effective approach to do this. Every page ought to serve a single goal. You will lose your visitor’s interest if you include too much information (or artwork) on one page.
Do artists use LinkedIn?
Yes, there are a lot of artists on LinkedIn. If you are not already on LinkedIn, you should be. Every professional artist should have a presence there.
By downloading your email contacts, you may check to see whether your connections are already registered on the LinkedIn website and start building your profile from there.
Given that you already know these people or have business relationships, this is an appropriate location to start expanding your professional network.
Should an artist have a website?
You are building your credibility as a professional rather than a hobbyist is facilitated by having a website. People anticipate being able to locate the website of a well-known creator, creative, or artist.
A lack of a website may convey the wrong message to someone seeking you online. When you have a website, you can utilize it to establish trust online, which will help your reputation in the real world.
You can use these recommendations to increase your chances of gaining more social media followers.
- Share the creation process. Your social media followers already esteem your Work.
- Background to the Work Another effective technique artists can use to engage their social media audience is storytelling.
- Streaming video.
- Master’s Programs.
- Make Your Work Known.
- Be friendly with your potential audience.
How do I set up an artist website?
Here are some suggestions for building an artist website for your Work.
- Step 1 is to specify goals. Establish your plans for building an artist website first.
- Step 2 is to select a CMS. Now that you know your goals, it’s time to look for a CMS.
- Gather website material in step three.
- Build the website in step four.
- Launch and learn in Step 5.
How can I sell my art online?
You can use these suggestions to begin successfully selling your artwork online.
- Choose the artwork to sell and the sales strategy. You must first choose precisely what to sell and how to offer it.
- Publish Your Company.
- Select the Sales Channels.
- Establish the price.
- Promote Your Online Art Gallery
Best Social Networking Sites for Artists: Verdict
In these times of high competition, it is very challenging for artists to gain popularity amongst the audience and make their presence globally. Still, all it takes is hard work and consistency in posting content on social networking sites.
Every social networking site has its advantages, but all of them aim to help the artists make their presence and give them a platform to showcase their skills to a larger audience. We have provided a list of the best social networking sites that every artist must use to post and amplify their work.