Anger is amongst one of the most destructive emotions that we humans often experience. People must begin to take help for their anger management. Interestingly, one doesn’t necessarily need to see a therapist, and there are plenty of Anger Management Apps people can use.
Anger is good only for destroying opportunities, relations, and one’s peace. Despite knowing what anger may lead to, humans often find themselves angry and frustrated. The support of family and friends, along with awareness, can help anyone fix anger issues.
It’s like they can’t control themselves and their emotions for most people, and as a result, they get angry. And anger makes people feel disconnected from the world. When angry, most people are prone to misbehave with their friends or family.
The side effects of anger are many, and it only harms the people. When one is angry, inappropriate behavior may lead them to take harsh steps like ending a relationship with someone close.
While anger might not seem like a huge problem, a large section of our society struggles with poor anger management.
While technology has evolved drastically, it has also made it easier to manage anger. Now, people with anger issues can simply use a bunch of applications on their mobile devices to manage their angst. Most of these apps use soothing techniques to help their users take control of emotions.
While meditation is a great tool to control one’s emotions, it might not always be feasible. In comparison, one may use mobile applications to manage anger at any time, from anywhere.
However, these apps may not replace professional help as a professional is much more trained and qualified.
One may see, app stores are flooded with apps that claim to help manage anger. However, there are only a handful of useful apps to control anger.
To ensure that you choose the right app, we’ve reviewed some of the best anger management apps just for you.
Best Anger Management Apps: Our Top Pick 👌👌
1. Calm: Editor Choice Anger Management App 🤴
Calm, an app trusted by millions for help regarding sleeping, meditation, and relaxing. The app features various step by step meditation for managing stress, anxiety, and anger. Users can set customized timers for most of the meditations listed on the Calm app.
Some of the most reliable and effective meditation programs include Deep Sleep, Focus and Concentration, Calming Anxiety, and more.
Each meditation program is customized for users in various stages of life. The app also has guided meditation for college students with the name mindfulness at college.
Apart from these guided meditations, the app also features stories that can help users fall asleep. Users can choose the length of the program anywhere between 7 days and 21 days. The app also sends reminders to help users continue their routine.
Top experts from various backgrounds recommend Calm, a sleeping, meditation, and relaxing app, as one of the best anger management apps.
Users can choose their level between beginner, intermediate, and expert as per one’s familiarity with meditation. The app will then suggest programs based on the user’s response.
Pros of Calm App:-
1. The app includes masterclass sessions from expert psychologists and other professionals. The masterclasses are available for various topics and can help users improve themself in a variety of fields. Users can also download masterclasses for offline use.
2. Users can also listen to music from their favorite artists using the Calm app. It gives users the ability to explore new songs based on their mood.
3. Kids and teenagers can also use the calm app to manage their anger, anxiety, and stress.
4. To help users build great habits and take total control of their emotions, the Calm app also allows them to track their progress.
5. There are various breathing exercises that users can do regularly to get rid of their anger issues.
Cons of Calm App:-
1. Some of the content on the app requires users to have a subscription.
2. Sometimes the app might misbehave and send notifications and reminders at frequent intervals.
3. The charges for premium content might be beyond the budget of some users.
2. Sanvello for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress
Sanvello is a power-packed app for stressed, anxious, and depressed people. The app features therapy sessions, coaching, and self-care tools to help users deal with their anger or anxiety. Sanvello works using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to manage the problems of the users.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy can help experts deal with the stress, anxiety, and anger of their patients. The Sanvello app creates a fusion of CBT and technology to help its users.
As per data from the app, 60 percent of the users felt a change in their overall mental health.
The app also has a community of around 3 million users. Sanvello’s community is a great place for users to indulge in active discussions and group chats on a variety of issues. The significant part is, Sanvello keeps the user identity as Anonymous during the group discussions.
The user interface of the Sanvello app is beautifully designed, and the theme itself is so relaxing. One may use the app to instantly control their anger and protect their relationships from the adverse effects of anger.
The community interactions, on the other hand, are warming, and most members are generous. Sanvello’s community makes the app stand out as one of the most promising anger management apps.
1. The techniques provided in the app are clinically proven and tested. The self-care tools are carefully crafted to ensure users can cope up with their emotions.
2. Users can practice mindfulness with a variety of guided meditations. The activity tracker can help users check their progress regularly.
3. The live interactive therapy sessions are great for users who struggle to share their emotions with friends and family.
4. One can also improve their public speaking skills with some of the activities mentioned in the app.
1. Some of the features listed in the Sanvello app might not work for users outside the United States. Even features like Therapy is available in select US states.
2. Sometimes users may face issues using their Gmail to create an account on Sanvello App.
3. HeadSpace: Meditation and Sleep
With over ten million users, Head Space is one of the most trusted anger management apps. With meditation, users can create better habits and control their emotions to lead a better life.
The HeadSpace app guides users with step by step meditation practices and helps them focus and stay calm.
Simple breathing practices performed regularly for about ten to twenty minutes can change one’s outlook on life and mental health.
Head Space is home to various calming, meditative programs and practices that are effective and simple. One would feel better, lighter, and confident after doing the suggested exercises carefully.
Users who find it difficult to fall asleep may also use the HeadSpace app to get help with sleeping. There are numerous meditations for users struggling with a poor sleeping pattern. Additionally, the app also has a collection of soothing sounds that can help users sleep better.
Users can also motivate their friends or family members by sharing their daily progress. The progress tracker of headspace is an excellent tool for users to stay motivated.
To help beginners meditate better, the co-founder of the app provides tips to the users as their personal coach.
Pros of Head Space:-
1. As the app has tons of meditation programs for all age groups, even kids can also use it for mindfulness. There are programs focusing on kids to help them focus better and sleep well.
2. The app also includes various breathing exercises for a calming experience during a tough day.
3. The co-founder’s support for newbies to get started on the path of mindfulness is a great way to motivate people.
4. Users can also avail SOS sessions with experts from Head Space. SOS Sessions intend to provide relief to the users during their emotional breakdowns.
Cons of Head Space:-
1. There are plenty of helpful features that are only available to users who have a monthly subscription.
2. Some issues might struggle while creating a new account on the app. However, the technical team seems promising to resolve any such problems at the earliest.
4. MindDoc: Mood Tracker for Depression & Anxiety
MindDoc is a journal for people who have anger or anxiety issues. One can record their feelings in the journal, and it tracks down how a user is feeling. Once a user’s answers are analyzed, the MindDoc suggests various exercises users can perform to make their situation better.
MindDoc can be great to cure mild symptoms of anxiety, depression, low self-esteem. The reports of the Mind Doc app can be shared with professional therapists or Psychologists. Users can also use the journal to explain how they feel at a point in time.
The MindDoc journal gives important insights into one’s behavior and emotions. These insights can help users understand themselves better and take control of their emotions.
It’s one of those anger management apps that help users understand why they feel a certain way.
The audio and visual exercises suggested in the app for the users have a soothing and relaxing impact on most issues.
The user interface of the MindDoc app is clean and doesn’t confuse users with complex processes. Features like Discover the app is helpful for users to explore more exercises and therapies on the app.
Pros of Mind Doc:-
1. Scientists and psychotherapists design the MindDoc app. The app tries to create awareness about mental health and provide instant help for mild symptoms.
2. Since psychotherapists and scientists design it, the programs suggested by the app are powerful, effective, and trustworthy.
3. The monitoring feature of the MindDoc journal is impressive and works efficiently to detect symptoms.
4. The insights generated by the app can help users understand what triggers their mental health. The insights also include mindful practices that can help users stay calm.
Cons of MindDoc:-
1. Some features of the MindDoc app are locked. Users need to spend their money to unlock the full potential of the app.
2. Kids might not be able to improve their mental health with the help of the Mind Doc app.
At the time of our research on Best Anger Management Apps, we found a video about “A JAPANESE METHOD TO RELAX IN 5 MINUTES” which is worth watching.
Over a million users have control of their anxiety, anger, or depression with the BetterHelp app. The app has over 10,000 trained experts who are eager to help users with anxiety or depression issues.
Experts on the BetterHelp app can also provide users with CBT and DBT therapy. Not many apps out there provide Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and BetterHelp experts are a blessing.
One may use BetterHelp, one of the most trusted anger management apps, to get experts’ help for their Stress, Anxiety, OCD, and more. Users may also choose to have live interactive sessions of therapy with the experts.
There’s no limit on how many sessions a user may have with their therapist on the BetterHelp app. Moreover, all the sessions are kept secret between the user and the therapist.
Pros of BetterHelp:-
1. Users can effortlessly get help for their mental health from expert therapists and counselors. Moreover, users don’t need to visit a clinic to talk to a mental health expert.
2. The app aims to help mental health issues like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anger, Stress, and Social Anxiety.
3. Experts provide customized suggestions for each user.
4. BetterHelp app also conducts web seminars to help users understand more about mental health. These webinars are conducted with an aim to educate more and more users about mental health.
Cons of BetterHelp:-
1. The app doesn’t have the features like guided meditations to help users soothe their anxiety or stress.
2. People who hesitate to communicate on video calls might not be able to use the app to its full potential.
6. 7 Cups: Anxiety & Stress Chat
7 Cups is another one of the most trusted and reliable anger management apps. Users can take help with their mental health issues like anger, depression, stress, and anxiety.
The app features a variety of tools for mindfulness and the user’s overall well-being. The app claims to provide free mental health solutions. However, some features are locked and require users to pay for them.
The 7 Cups app has trained listeners who work with the users and understand their condition. Once the listener has all the information about the user’s condition, they recommend various exercises and mindfulness meditations.
All the experts on the app are either trained listeners or licensed therapists. The users can be sure they’ll get help from professionals when they use the 7 Cups app. Users can be worry-free as the app ensures full protection of the user data.
Pros of 7 Cups:-
1. Users can choose the listener they want to talk with and share their experiences. This feature lets users take control and only talk with users they feel would be good enough.
2. 7 Cups users can also choose to hide their identity and stay anonymous with the listeners. This feature comes in handy for shy people.
3. It’s free to speak to a listener on the 7 Cups app.
4. Users who decide to text their listeners can also do so without fearing that the app stores their data. All the chats are deleted to ensure data protection.
Cons of 7 Cups:-
1. Users who wish to speak to therapists might need to spend some money on therapy.
2. The graphics of the app could have been better and more relaxing.
7. Simple Habit
People with anger issues often feel anxious or doing something that might ruin things for them. Millions of users trust simple Habit as they go to anger management apps.
Users can find numerous guided meditations and therapy sessions for fighting depression and anxiety. The coaches on the Simple Habit app are former monks and renowned experts of mental health.
The experience and expertise of the experts can help users relax and feel less anxious. Users can customize their meditation plans for anywhere between five to twenty minutes.
If users feel demotivated or emotionally drained, they can also get motivation sessions from the experts. There’s a lot of coaching stuff available on the Simple Habit app.
The app also features podcasts from mental health experts, and these podcasts make the standout from most anger management apps.
With the app’s interactive user-interface, users can also track their progress on the path of better mental health. The app can help users create great habits to change their lives.
Pros of Simple Habit:-
1. Users of the Simple Habit app can also develop effective leadership skills with various leadership programs included in the app.
2. Regular use of the simple habit app can lead uses to better mental health and healthier intra-personal relationships.
3. One can always stay positive with the help of various exercises given in the Simple Habit app.
4. The Simple Habit app is easy to use.
Cons of Simple Habit:-
1. Some of the most effective features of the app are locked. And, the users need to pay EFI to unlock them.
2. Some meditations included in the app might play automatically and may annoy the users.
8. Self Help For Anxiety Management
Anxiety Management is crucial to avoid negative emotions and feelings. People often struggle with anxiety, stress, and depression. To help students, professionals, couples cope with anxiety, the University of West England designed the SAM app.
SAM or Self Help for Anxiety Management is among those anger management apps that reflect on the user’s mental health issues. The app can trace what triggers the user and makes them feel anxious, stressed, or angry.
Various techniques are listed on the SAM app to help users deal with mild stress or anger. One may use the app to develop their knowledge about mental health and deal with their own stress.
The SAM app is created by professional psychologists and trained experts keen to help others improve their mental health. Moreover, the app is easy to use with a great user-interface.
Pros of Self Help for Anxiety Management:-
1. Professional psychologists create the Self Help for Anxiety App. One can be assured that they will get the best help.
2. Users can also share their stories and experiences with other users on the app. The experience sharing can be done while staying anonymous.
3. Users also get guidance from top experts on how they can practice self-help to tackle mental health issues.
4. The app is user-friendly.
Cons of Self Help for Anxiety Management:-
1. Users cannot find guided meditations to manage their anger.
2. Teenagers and kids might find it challenging to understand and manage their mental health issues using the SAM app.
Anger Management Apps are a blessing for people who suffer from mental health issues. One may rely on these apps to deal with moderate symptoms of depression, anger, and anxiety because some apps have highly-qualified experts.
Users get the freedom to explore various apps and stick with a few that work best for them. Ultimately, the goal is to keep good mental health to live life to the fullest.