Do you have the curiosity to know about the best Waterproof electric skateboard To Buy in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 🥽🥽
Some of our skateboards are not made for the rainy season or wet conditions. If any liquid from any source gets into various parts of this electronic board, it can do much damage.
E.g., suppose the metallic parts of the electric skateboard get in contact with water. In that case, it’ll rust, which would see our bearings stiffen up and seize, and this can lead to our skateboard experiencing movement difficulties.
Once those bearings become stiff, getting the nuts off become impossible as the bolts are also rusted and hard to unscrew. If the skateboard wood soaks water, it leads to the surface peeling and loses its toughness.
For these few reasons, you can tell that water is not suitable for our skateboards to talk more of an electric skateboard which has electrical components attached.
Because of its water issues, few manufacturers have come up with a solution and went on and invented waterproof electric skateboards to solve the above-listed problems and ease buyers of the stress of being caught up by bad weather when using the skateboard.
We’ll give you an accurate review of the best waterproof electric skateboard. If you live in those regions of the world that experience much rainfall throughout the year, this article is for you.
Since time immemorial, we all know that water and electronics do not mix and have been a concern to people who fear getting caught in severe weather conditions; this is a reason why the motorized skateboard industry came up with the idea of a waterproof skateboard.
There are parts of the skateboard that should not get wet, namely its bearings and the belt and pulley drive train system; the companies know this and know the issues experienced when it’s ridden on a slippery surface, such as its teeth getting clogged up with a pile of dirt, and this would lead to the teeth skipping thereby weakening the belts and shortening the life expectancy of the skateboard.
And also, stiff bearings that’s what led to the idea for a waterproof skateboard, and our manufacturers designed waterproof electric skateboards with a fully sealed motor, cutting off water intake and making the inner parts maintenance-free.
Our skateboards went from manual, i.e., moved by exerting a forward push to being fused with technology making its use more useful than ever.
Our skateboards come fitted with electric motors and batteries, making them electric skateboards,s and from there, they’re now being made waterproof and free from maintenance.
What a way to go! Look how far we’ve come in the industry and see how better our drive for excellence has become.
After doing eloquent research, we will look at some of the best waterproof electric skateboard and their features; this would serve as an eye-opener for you in the industry and a catalog to pick from whenever you’re interested.
Best Waterproof Electric Skateboard: Our Picks
1. Acton Blink S2
This water-resistant skateboard has been tagged as this year’s best electric skateboard. Apart from being light in weight, it’s also well built, fixed strongly, ad easy to use.
Its battery pack is powerful and offers a prolonged backup, and the control of the board is done by a remote, which can be handheld. Its design is one of the best as its polygon shape, and its innovative look attract you at first glance.
It also has black grip tape on the board’s top, which is the center that enhances its security and firmness. This gives off one of the best performances you’ll see.
Although not fully waterproof, the Acton blink S2 electric skateboard is partially waterproof as the board is water-resistant and may be damaged if used under heavy rain. The board is made with an aircraft-grade aluminum piece to make it more durable.
The Acton blink S2 comes loaded with a Samsung lithium-ion battery that charges fully in less than 45 minutes which is fantastic machinery concerning speed and mileage.
The batter can come with a single hub or a dual hub with a range of 14miles and a rate of 15 – 18 MPH with an advanced braking system, LED lighting, and offers three ride modes. It’s got one of the easy to use aboard.
- It comes packed with a mileage of 14 miles when fully charged with a speed of 15 – 18 MPH
- It comes with custom made LED lighting system, making night rides comfortable
- Offers a six-month warranty
- Its remote control is Bluetooth operated
- It’s not thoroughly water-resistant, although its hardware is fully sealed.
- This is not a board for tricks.
2. KooWheel D3M Electric Skateboard
Koowheel D3M electric skateboard: this is a short electric skateboard that is light in weight and smartly designed with black grip tape and a seven-layer Canadian maple wood deck painted with black for easy maneuvering, flexibility, and cruise.
Its height would not affect placing your feet firmly on it. It comes with a swappable battery pack that ensures you stay on course for about 10 – 15 miles on a single charge and has a top speed of 27 MPH powered by a dual motor. Equipped with 2 in-wheels brushless hub motor of 350watts each, its torque is extreme.
The Koowheel D3M electric skateboard is known to be waterproof after passing the IPX4 waterproof certification test, and it’s equipped with temperature control that enables it to attain its highest speed limit.
- It comes equipped with an easy to change the spare battery pack
- IPX-certified water resistance
- Temperature control enables it to reach its top speed but can be slower in hot environments.
- It’s quite a new product with little or no customer feedback
- It makes use of hub motors instead of belt motors which would make acceleration different from belt motors.
3. Inboard M1
one unique characteristic of the Inboard M1 is its wheels because of its stability and speed, which brings it to our Best Waterproof electric skateboard 2022 lists.
The wheels with two hub motors assembled into its rear tires are also said to be spin-free, meaning they can be rolled forward when there’s a low battery or on a perpendicular slope.
The Inboard M1 also comes with a swappable battery system, where you can swap one battery for the other when one dies.
Its recycling braking system provides extra energy to charge the battery; this act increases the extent for it to last long after charging. The Inboard is built with a passcode for security; the board unlocks when you enter the password.
The board is not fully waterproof; it was designed to be weather resistant and has that feature in three modes which are beginners, advanced, and eco. This device is operated with remote control and offers its user a delightful riding experience.
- The Inboard is known to go up to 7miles at 22 mph.
- It’s easy to ride and 100% safe to control and ride
- The Inboard is durable with a one-year warranty on a production error
- It can be driven with remote control on four riding modes
- More expensive than other skateboards
- The M1 is designed to go only 7 miles which is quite poor for a machine
- If you’re looking for a bike for tricks, this is not the one
4. Acton Blink S
In the line of the S series, this was the first to be made. This board is not too long, but it has a lovely and catchy eye design. This skateboard is perfectly designed for beginners and the pros, as the experience can be enjoyed along with its original design, safety features, and dazzling colors.
The blink S has been designed with ita single hub motor, competent battery, regenerative brake, sturdy brakes, a well-built truck, and heavily carved board.
The hub is built to speed up from 0 to 15 mph within a few seconds with a controlling motor, a bearing, and a washer. The center of operation offers its best performance in all modes of operation, such as beginners, standard, and pro.
The board deck is compounded in lightweight wood and offers a rider’s weight capacity of 235LBS. The material has high tensile strength and an enhanced modulus of rupture.
The sturdy truck has a safe kingpin with a string base plate, a superbly wide axle and hanger, and shockproof bushing. The regenerative brake transforms frictional heat into energy, while the other way is from the heat generated through the speed of action.
The Acton Blink S is known to be controlled through a remote. The remote control can accelerate the Blink S, which draws more current from the battery.
You can control the skateboard using the remote to adjust the acceleration speed of the skateboard during inclined roads and curves or even going down a hill where the remote can be used to solve safety factors.
The technology is built to let it changes between the forward and reverse movement. The best way it’s done is by firstly applying the brakes, then waiting for the skateboard to slow down before moving in the reverse.
Putting it in reverse immediately without applying the brakes first would cause the board to jerk, causing shocks and vibrating rapidly.
- A high tensile strength lightweight
- It can go up to 15 mph in a matter of minutes
- A single charge can take one up to 7 miles
- The remote control is done through the use of Bluetooth
- At low battery, the braking system does not gradually slow down
At the time of our research on “Best Waterproof Electric Skateboard,” we found a video about “Waterproof your electric skateboard how to 5 min easy DIY” which is worth watching. 🏆
5. The Maxfind Max 2 electric skateboard
The deck of this board is made from plastic compounds; its length is 32in, while its width is 9.37in. The synthetic compound this board is made of is what constitutes its waterproof qualities and makes it cheap to produce, and makes its production cost low.
The board shares the same technology as the Inboard in storing the battery within itself and the battery usage. This makes it efficiently waterproof as it shields the battery, the Bluetooth signal receiver, and the insides of the electric engine from the water.
The max find electric skateboard uses the same hub motor as the Inboard; it is cheap to produce and safely installed in the back of the skateboard, safe away from water or any boards, with an outer electric motor in a sealed pack. All these features are perfect for an affordable electric skateboard.
The hub motor is a single motor that, no matter your weight, takes you up to 23 mph and offers a distance of 17 miles on a single charge. This power is emitted from a Samsung battery which takes about 1 hour to charge.
- The deck is built with a mixture of PVC and PEA synthetic materials, which combine to give it an anti-slip new rubber surface that is free from scratch and repels slips.
- It has a regular skateboard look because of its design which sees its battery and its receiver packed inside.
- It has its heat cooling system on the wheels in the form of an aluminum piece.
- Equipped with cruise control which makes long journeys easier and interesting
- The brakes are too sensitive and can be improved upon
- The remote control surface can also be developed.
6. Maxfind Dual Motor electric skateboard
This skateboard is designed to be efficiently waterproof with its motors safely in a pack underneath the board. It’s quite affordable and boasts a speed limit of 17 mph, and can go up to 10 miles before getting low.
The board has a wonderfully built and durable design made from 8-ply maple. This is known as a strong wood material.
Its wheels are designed from an article named polyurethane which increases their lifespan and gives them a high rebound. The dual-motor is lightweight, which makes it easy to carry around.
The remote control of this machine is wireless and easy to use, with buttons for speed, brake, and directions. The LG lithium battery inside the pack underneath comes 85% charged but only takes 30 – 45 mins to charge when it’s run down.
The board is very stable and has a quality grip making it suitable for tough grounds and street experience with a 15% steep slope capability.
- Because of its lightweight design, it’s easy to carry around
- The speed is one of the best around, and it has an excellent grip ability
- Known to be a quick charge and excellent distribution time of power
- Its remote is easy to operate and handheld
- Offers a one-year warranty on production errors
- Sometimes there’s a delay in the powering of the remote
7. Acton Blink lite
this holds the records as the world’s lightest hub motor electric skateboard, and it comes pre-installed with features that would make riding this skateboard interesting.
Its wheels are packed with a hub motor powered by a lithium-ion battery. It seems like it’s a lite product; it goes 6 miles at its entire speed of 10 mph and weighs an impressive 7.7lbs, and there’s yet to be a skateboard to break that record.
The blink lite comes packed with its battery and hub motor in a plastic container beneath the riding board, and it has fitted in light strips for safe riding at night and for the board to be visible.
The Acton blink lite to regenerate and save energy uses the regenerative brake system, and there’s access to the official app of the blink lite system for IOS and Android through the board.
There are complaints of the remote being bulky and awkward to handle, but asides from that, it’s easy to use. It comes built-in with an 8% steep slope capability.
- Its design is unique to it because of how its nose and tail are designed
- Custom built with neon wheels and strip lights for a smooth and safer riding experience
- The mileage and speed are fair as well as it is lightweight
- Provided with a six-month warranty on any custom-made error
- The remote control is built to integrate with Bluetooth connection and also custom-made with IOS and Android app integration
- It’s one of the cheapest motorized skateboards available for sale
- The speed range and the distance covered are both very little
- The batteries can be changed when low, so it has to be charged again before use
8. Yuneec E-GO 2
This board comes prepared with an excellent performance built and high endurance. It is equipped with a single motor which is powerful at 400 watts.
It can go a career-high 18 miles at 12 mph. It’s quite better concerning speed and range compared to other boards of the same quality. The only complaint from the Yuneec design is it’s remote, which has a pretty funny functioning system.
The remote fits perfectly to be handheld though it has a button that, when swiped up or down, adjusts the speed. But this button is not used to gradually increase or decrease the skateboard speed.
The Yuneec E-GO 2 is built with polyurethane tires, and its big and quality design guarantees a turbulence-free ride every time.
The skateboard has a design that is meant to be eye catchy as its plank is designed beautifully while its neon tires come in different colors such as blue, green, and pink, which makes it perfect for The best Waterproof electric skateboard in 2022 to buy.
Compared to its grade of boards, it is the skateboard that charges the slowest, which takes about 3-4 hours before it’s full; it also comes with a 10% hill climbing ability.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Yuneec E-GO 2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Waterproof Electric Skateboards in 2022.
- It’s lightweight, which makes it easy to carry
- The mileage is regarded as excellent, together with its top speed and steep slope ability.
- This skateboard is known to be well built, long-lasting, and tagged as the best performer.
- Little top speed gauge
- Takes a lot of time to recharge
9. Raptor 2.1 Direct Drive Electric Skateboard
this board is tagged as the most expensive skateboard available; it’s made with enough technology that makes it expensive and can work the distance for it to be crowned one of the best and perfectly made skateboards.
Its deck landing is made from alloys which makes it strong and durable, and water-resistant. Its trucks are cut out of aluminum rather than the typical materials used to produce them, which makes them accurate and robust at high speed.
The skateboard’s battery can take up to 25 miles at 28 mph when fully charged and would take twice as much time as possible compared to other skateboards. This battery uses a 4A charger, while other skateboards use a 2A charger.
The battery and its motor are enclosed together in a plastic box found under the board; this plastic is made to protect against water rush and flow.
The hub motors are also water-resistant, although this skateboard is quite heavy and would not be ideal if you want a skateboard that can be carried around.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Raptor 2.1 Direct Drive Electric Skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best Waterproof Electric Skateboards in 2022.
- These boards come equipped with colossal size drive motors, which are connected to precision CNC trucks known for their high-level handling and the rate at which it responds to action.
- The raptor is custom-built with a large battery that can power the board for up to 25 miles at a speed of 28 mph.
- The R-SPEC ghost tires off quick grip on demand and are made to move silently without much effort.
- Their boards are built to be tough and built to last and mount any challenge which comes their way.
- There’s a one-year warranty for production-made errors, and the battery charges very fast with our standard 4A charger.
- They are quite heavy and would not be quickly moved around
This one-wheeled skateboard is known to be water-resistant but not entirely waterproof.
This board stands out from its competition because of its stability feature, which comes in the form of a self-balancing sensor inbuilt to it. This solves the issue of balancing this board when going for a ride.
The point of self-balancing is solved by placing your non-powerful foot on the back of the board while the superior leg is placed on the front of the board, putting pressure on its sensing pads, and this would automatically settle your balance as you lean in for the ride.
To change the velocity of your speed, you lean backward to slow down and forward to increase its rate. Its users can have its official app integrated into their IOS or Android phones.
The battery charges fully within 30 minutes, reducing the time it takes to power compared to other machines. Its fully charged battery can last for six hours.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The OneWheel Skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best Waterproof Electric Skateboard to get in 2022.
- It can go very fast at a top speed of 14 mph despite having a single motor attached
- The fun in riding this board is done by leaning forward or backward to increase and reduce its rate.
- It is infused with a smart self-balancing sensor which aids proper balancing as you’re on the move.
- This skateboard is lightweight, and it’s easy to handle
- If you’re starting to skate, this is not suitable for you
- May not be ideal for a particular category of people
11. Pure Energy Electric Longboard
This longboard machine is built to ride to carry its rider through different road conditions to anywhere he/she wants to go. Equipped with a large lithium-propelled battery that gives power to the motor.
The board is controlled by a nicely fit handheld device; its engine exhibits its 1200w by going a distance of 20 miles at a top speed of 21 mph.
The board is made with an excellent design, and from the remote control, you can change the mode of driving that suits you. The performance of its giving is no equal match for the amount paid for this machine.
It has the necessary speed, strength, and durability to go through any road design and unsuitable weather conditions. This board is lightweight, which aids in its ability to be carried around.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Pure Energy Electric Longboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best Waterproof Electric Skateboards in 2022.
- This board is built to be quite fast and cover a far distance when fully charged.
- Carrying the board around won’t be an issue because of its weight
- This board is created with a training mode for new learners
- There is an alternative USB mode of charging when it runs down
- Because of its sophistication, it may take a while to learn all its features.
- It does not offer much inclination power, affecting its performance going up a hill.
Are any electric skateboards waterproof?
The majority of electric skateboards aren’t waterproof. However, some boards are water-resistant. It means that the board will not let the water come inside easily. Therefore, you can easily drive it on a wet road.
Can electric skateboards be used in the rain?
Most electric skateboards are not designed to be used on rain/wet roads. Water can get inside the metallic parts and cause rust. The rust can make it impossible to get nuts off.
Is Meepo waterproof?
Meepo boards are resistant to water and will not allow water to enter inside the parts. You can drive the Meepo board on a wet road. However, do not submerge your board in the water.
Is the Jking electric skateboard waterproof?
The Jking electric board offers a waterproof surface. It is non-slip and makes the rides safer. You can try this for street wandering.
Can you ride skateboards in the rain?
It is recommended not to ride skateboards during rain or wet weather. It can lead to losing grip, becoming waterlogged, etc. It will tend to deteriorate from the inside.
Can Boosted boards get wet?
Boosted advises not riding the new board in the rain. Extreme exposure could harm the electric board and damage the bearings.
Does water damage grip tape?
Repeated wetting and drying can lead to losing adhesion. Hence, the tape will start to peel off in this case. They can withstand water for some time, but continuous exposure can lead to heavy damage.
Is the Meepo V3 waterproof?
Meepo V3 isn’t waterproof like most electric skateboards. It is advised to use this skateboard during or after rain.
How long does the Meepo V3 battery last?
If you charge the Meepo V3 from empty, it will last up to 2 hours. The ER version takes about 2.7 hours.
What does a waterlogged skateboard look like?
The waterlogged skateboard will have a thick deck like cardboard. It will become much heavier. The board will tend to appear cracked and might seem can be broken when bent. These are the signs of a waterlogged skateboard.
These are the various types of waterproof/water-resistant electric skateboards available. They’re all built to serve efficiently with different features.