Do you have the curiosity to know about the Waterproof electric skateboard in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 🙂
Some of our skateboards are not made for the rainy season or wet conditions. If any liquid from any source gets into various parts of this electronic board, it can do much damage.
E.g., if the metallic parts of the electric skateboard get in contact with water, it’ll rust which would see our bearings stiffen up and seize, and this can lead to our skateboard experiencing movement difficulties.
Once those bearings become stiff, getting the nuts off become impossible as the bolts are also rusted and hard to unscrew. If the skateboard wood soaks water, it leads to the surface peeling and loses its toughness.
From this few reasons, you can tell that water is not suitable for our skateboards to talk more of an electric skateboard which has electrical components attached.
Because of its issues with water, few manufacturers have come up with a solution and went on and invented the waterproof electric skateboards to solve the above-listed problems and ease buyers of the stress of being caught up by bad weather when using the skateboard.
We’re going to give you an accurate review of the best waterproof electric skateboard in 2019 are around, and if you live in those regions of the world that experience much rainfall throughout the year, this article is for you.
The General Overview Of The Waterproof Electric Skateboard
Since time immemorial, we all know that water and electronics do not mix and has been a concern to people who fear getting caught in a severe weather condition, this is a reason why the motorized skateboard industry came up with the idea of a waterproof skateboard.
There are parts of the skateboard which should not get wet namely its bearings and the belt and pulley drive train system, the companies know this and know the issues experienced when it’s ridden on a slippery surface such as its teeth getting clogged up with a pile of dirt and this would lead to the teeth skipping thereby weakening the belts and shortening the life expectancy of the skateboard and also stiff bearings that’s what led to the idea for a waterproof skateboard and our manufacturers designed the waterproof electric skateboards which have a fully sealed motor cutting off water intake and making the inner parts maintenance free.
Our skateboards went from manual, i.e. moved by exerting a forward push to being fused with technology making its use more useful than ever.
Our skateboards come fitted with electric motors and batteries making them an electric skateboard and from there, they’re now being made waterproof and free from maintenance.
What a way to go! Look how far we’ve come in the industry and see how better our drive for excellence has become.
After doing eloquent research, we would be taking a look at some of the best waterproof electric skateboard and their features; this would serve as an eye opener for you in the industry and a catalog to pick from whenever you’re interested.
Here is The List of Waterproof electric skateboard in 2019
1. Acton Blink S2
This water-resistant skateboard has been tagged this years best electric skateboard. Apart from being light in weight, it’s also well built, fixed strongly ad easy to use.
Its battery pack is made to be powerful and, offer a prolonged backup and the control of the board is done by a remote which can be handheld. Its design is one of the best as its polygon shape, and its innovative look attracts you at first glance.
It also has black grip tape on the board’s top which is the center which enhances its security and firmness. This gives off one of the best performance you’ll see.
Although not fully waterproof, the Acton blink S2 electric skateboard is partially waterproof as the board is water resistant and may be damaged if used under heavy rain. The board is made with an aircraft grade aluminum piece to make it more durable.
The Acton blink S2 comes loaded with a Samsung lithium-ion battery that charges fully in less than 45 minutes which is fantastic machinery concerning speed and mileage.
The batter can come with a single hub or a dual hub with a range of 14miles and a rate of 15 – 18 MPH with an advanced braking system, LED lighting and offers three ride mode. It’s got one of the easy to use a board.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Acton Blink S2.
- Comes packed with a mileage of 14 miles when fully charged with a speed of 15 – 18 MPH
- Comes with custom made LED lighting system, making night ride comfortable
- Offers a six-month warranty
- Its remote control is Bluetooth operated
- It’s not thoroughly water resistant although is hardware is fully sealed.
- This is not a board for tricks.
2. KooWheel D3M Electric Skateboard
Koowheel D3M electric skateboard: this is a short electric skateboard that is light in weight and smartly designed with a black grip tape and a seven-layer Canadian maple wood deck painted with black for easy maneuvring, flexibility, and cruise.
Its height would not affect placing your feet firmly on it. Comes with a swappable battery pack that ensures you stay on course for about 10 – 15 miles in a single charge, has a top speed of 27 MPH powered by a dual motor. Equipped with 2 in-wheels brushless hub motor of 350watts each, its torque is extreme.
The Koowheel D3M electric skateboard is known to be waterproof after passing the IPX4 waterproof certification test, and it’s equipped with temperature control that enables it attains its highest speed limit.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the KooWheel D3M Electric Skateboard.
- Comes equipped with an easy to change the spare battery pack
- IPX certified water resistance
- Temperature control which enables it reaches its top speed but can be slower in hot environments
- It’s quite a new product with little or no customer feedback
- Makes use of hub motors instead of belt motors which would make acceleration different from belt motors.
3. Inboard M1
one unique characteristic of the Inboard M1 is its wheels because of its stability and speed which brings it in our Best Waterproof electric skateboard 2019 list.
The wheels which have two hub motors assembled into its rear tires are also said to be spin free meaning they can be rolled forward when there’s low battery or on a perpendicular slope.
The Inboard M1 also comes with a swappable battery system, where you can swap one battery for the other when one dies.
Its recycling braking system provides extra energy to charge the battery; this act increases the extent for it to last long after charging. The Inboard is built with a passcode for security; the board unlocks when you put in the password.
The board is not fully waterproof, it was designed to be weather resistant and has that feature on three modes which are beginners, advanced, and eco. This device is operated with remote control and offers its user a delightful riding experience.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Inboard M1.
- The Inboard is known to go up to 7miles at 22 mph
- It’s easy to ride and 100% safe to control and ride
- The Inboard is durable with a one year warranty on a production error
- Can be driven with remote control on four riding modes
- More expensive than other skateboards
- The M1 is designed to go only 7 miles which are quite poor for a machine
- If you’re looking for a bike for tricks, this is not the one
4. Acton Blink S
In the line of the S series, this was the first to be made. This board is not too long, but it comes with a lovely and catchy eye design. This skateboard is perfectly designed for the beginners and the pros, as the experience can be enjoyed along with its original design, safety features, and dazzling colors.
The blink S has designed with ita single hub motor, competent battery, regenerative brake, sturdy brakes, well-built truck, and heavy carved board.
The hub is built to speed up from 0 to 15 mph within a few seconds with a controlling motor, a bearing, and a washer. The center of operation offers its best performance in all modes of operation such as the beginners, standard and the pro.
The board deck is made out of compounded lightweight wood and offers a riders weight capacity of 235LBS. The material has high tensile strength and an enhanced modulus of rupture.
The sturdy truck has a safe kingpin with a string base plate, a superbly wide axle and hanger and a shockproof bushing. The regenerative brake works by transforming frictional heat into energy while the other way is from the heat generated through the speed of action.
The Acton Blink S is known to be controlled through the use of a remote. The remote control can accelerate the Blink S which draws more current from the battery.
You can control the skateboard using the remote to adjust the acceleration speed of the skateboard during the inclined roads and curves or even going down a hill where the remote can be used to solve safety factors.
The technology it is built with let it changes between the forward and reverse movement. The best way it’s done is by firstly applying the brakes, then waiting for the skateboard to slow down before moving in the reverse. If it’s put in reverse immediately without applying the brakes first would cause the board to jerks causing shocks and vibrates rapidly.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Acton Blink S.
- A high tensile strength lightweight
- Can go up to 15 mph in a matter of minutes
- A single charge can take one up to 7 miles
- The remote control is done through the use of Bluetooth
- At low battery, the braking system does not gradually slow down
5. The Maxfind Max 2 electric skateboard
The deck of this board is made from plastic compounds, its length is 32in while its width is 9.37in. The synthetic compound this board is made of is what constitutes its waterproof qualities and make it cheap to produce and make its production cost low.
The board shares the same technology as the Inboard in storing the battery within itself and the battery usage. This makes it efficiently waterproof as it shields the battery, the Bluetooth signal receiver and the insides of the electric engine from the water.
The maxfind electric skateboard uses the same hub motor as the Inboard; it is cheap to produce and safely installed in the back of the skateboard safe away from water or any boards with an outer electric motor in a sealed pack. All these features are perfect for an affordable electric skateboard.
The hub motor is a single motor that no matter your weight takes you up to 23 mph and offers a distance of 17 miles in a single charge. This power is emitted from a Samsung battery which takes about 1 hour to charge.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Maxfind Max 2 electric skateboard.
- The deck is built with a mixture of the PVC and PEA synthetic materials which combines to give it an anti-slip new rubber surface which is free from scratch and repels slips.
- It has a regular skateboard look because of its design which sees its battery and its receiver packed inside.
- It has it on heat cooling system on the wheels inform of an aluminum piece
- Equipped with cruise control which makes long journeys easier and interesting
- The brakes are too sensitive and can be improved upon
- The remote control surface can also be developed.
6. The Maxfind Dual Motor electric skateboard
This skateboard is designed to be efficiently waterproof with its motors safely in a pack underneath the board. It’s quite affordable and boasts of a speed limit of 17 mph and can go up to 10 miles before getting low.
The board has a wonderfully built and a durable design made from 8 ply maple. This is known as a strong wood material.
Its wheels are designed from an article named polyurethane which increases their lifespan and gives them a high rebound. The dual motor is a lightweight which makes it easy to carry around.
The remote control of this machine is wireless and easy to use, with buttons for speed, brake, and directions. The LG lithium battery inside the pack underneath comes 85% charged but only takes 30 – 45 mins to charge when it’s run down.
The board is very stable and has quality grip making it suitable for tough grounds and streets experience with a 15% steep slope capability.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Maxfind Dual Motor electric skateboard.
- Because of its lightweight design, it’s easy to carry around
- The speed is one of the best around, and it has an excellent grip ability
- Known to be a quick charge and excellent distribution time of power
- Its remote is easy to operate and handheld
- Offers a one year warranty on production errors
- Sometimes there’s a delay in the powering of the remote
7. Acton Blink lite
this holds the records as the world’s lightest hub motor electric skateboard, and it comes pre-installed with features that would make riding this skateboard interesting.
Its wheels are packed with a hub motor that is powered by a lithium-ion battery. It seems as it’s a lite product, it goes 6 miles at its entire speed of 10 mph and weighs an impressive 7.7lbs, and there’s yet to be a skateboard to break that record.
The blink lite comes packed with its battery and hub motor packed in a plastic container beneath the riding board, and it has fitted in light strips for safe riding at night and for the board to be visible.
The Acton blink lite to regenerate and save energy makes use of the regenerative brake system, and there’s access to the official app of the blink lite system for IOS and Android through the board. There are complains of the remote being bulky and awkward to handle but asides that it’s easy to use. It comes built-in with an 8% steep slope capability.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Acton Blink lite.
- Its design is unique to it because of how its nose and tail are designed
- Custom built with neon wheels and strip lights for a smooth and safer riding experience
- The mileage and speed is fair as well as it being lightweight
- Provided with a six-month warranty on any custom made error
- The remote control is built to integrate with Bluetooth connection and also custom made with IOS and Android app integration
- It’s one of the cheapest motorized skateboard available for sale
- The speed range and its distance covered are both very little
- The batteries can be changed when low, so it has to be charged again before use
8. Yuneec E-GO 2
This board comes prepared with an excellent performance built and high endurance. It is equipped with a single motor which is powerful at 400 watts.
It can go a career-high 18 miles at 12 mph. It’s quite better concerning speed and range compared to other boards of the same quality. The only complain coming from the Yuneec design is its remote which has a pretty funny functioning system.
The remote fits perfectly to be handheld though it has a button which when swiped up or down adjust the speed. But this button is not used to in gradually increasing or decreasing the skateboard speed.
The Yuneec E-GO 2 is built with polyurethane tires, and its big and quality design guarantees a turbulence-free ride every time.
The skateboard has a design that meant to be eye catchy as its plank is designed beautifully while its neon tires come in different colors such as blue, green, and pink which makes it perfect for The best Waterproof electric skateboard in 2019 to buy.
Compare to its grade of boards, it the skateboard which charges the slowest which takes about 3-4 hours before it’s full, it also comes with 10% hill climbing ability.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Yuneec E-GO 2.
- It’s a lightweight which makes it easy to carry
- The mileage is regarded as excellent together with its top speed and steep slope ability
- This skateboard is known to be well built, long lasting and tagged the best performer.
- Little top speed gauge
- Takes a lot of time to recharge
9. Raptor 2.1 Direct Drive Electric Skateboard
this board is tagged as the most expensive skateboard available, it’s made with enough technology that makes it expensive and can work the distance for it to be crowned one of the best and perfectly made skateboard.
Its deck landing is made from alloys which makes it strong and durable and water resistant. Its trucks are cut out of aluminum rather than the typical materials used to produce them which makes them accurate and robust at high speed.
The battery of the skateboard can take one up to 25 miles at 28 mph when fully charged and would take twice as much time as possible compared to other skateboards. This battery uses a 4A charger while other skateboards make use of a 2A charger.
The battery and its motor are enclosed together in a plastic box found under the board; this plastic is made to protect against water rush and flow.
The hub motors are also built to be water resistant although this skateboard is quite heavy and would not be ideal if you want a skateboard that can be carried around.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Raptor 2.1 Direct Drive Electric Skateboard.
- These boards come equipped with colossal size drive motors which are connected to precision CNC trucks known for its high-level handling and the rate at which it responds to action.
- The raptor is custom built with a large battery that can power the board for up to 25 miles at a speed of 28 mph
- The R-SPEC ghost tires off quick grip on demand and are made to move silently without much effort
- Their boards are built to be tough and built to last and mount any challenge which comes their way.
- There’s a one year warranty for production made errors and the battery charges very fast with our standard 4A charger.
- They are quite heavy and would not be quickly moved around
This one-wheeled skateboard is known to be water resistant but not entirely waterproof.
This board stands out from its competition because of its stability feature which comes in the form of a self-balancing sensor inbuilt to it. This solves the issue of balancing this board when going for a ride.
The point of self-balancing is solved by placing your non-powerful foot on the back of the board while the superior leg is placed on the front of the board putting pressure on its sensing pads and this would automatically settle your balance as you lean in for the ride.
To change the velocity of your speed, you lean backward for slowing down and forward for increasing its rate. Its users can have its official app integrated into their IOS or Android phones.
The battery charges full within 30 minutes reducing the time it takes to power compared to other machines. Its fully charged battery can last for to six hours.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the OneWheel.
- Can go very fast at a top speed of 14 mph despite having a single motor attached
- The fun in riding this board is done by leaning forward or backward to increase and reduce its rate.
- It is infused with a smart self-balancing sensor which aids proper balancing as you’re on the move
- This skateboard is lightweight, and it’s easy to handle
- If you’re starting to skate, this is not suitable for you
- May not be ideal for a particular category of people
11. Pure Energy Electric Longboard
This longboard machine is built to ride to carry its rider through different road condition to anywhere he/she wants to go. Equipped with large lithium propelled battery which gives power to the motor.
The board is controlled by a nicely fit the handheld device, its engine exhibits its 1200w by going a distance of 20 miles at a top speed of 21 mph
The board is made with an excellent design, and from the remote control, you can change the mode of driving that suits you. The performance of its giving is no equal match for the amount paid for this machine.
It has got the necessary speed, strength, and durability to go through any road design and unsuitable weather conditions. This board is a lightweight which aids to its ability to be carried around.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Pure Energy Electric Longboard.
- This board is built to be quite fast and cover a far distance when fully charged
- Carrying the board around won’t be an issue because of its weight
- This board is created with a training mode for new learners
- There is an alternative USB mode of charging when it runs down
- Because of its sophistication, it may take a while to learn all its features
- Does not offer much inclination power which would affect its performance going up a hill.
These are the various types of waterproof/water resistant electric skateboards available. They’re all built to serve efficiently with different features.