Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best electric bike under 1000 $ in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
Bikes are everywhere and whether you are not riding one, you must have ridden on one. They are fun, free, and just give you a different perception of how beautiful the world can be.
Electric bikes are like the conventional bikes except they run on batteries and are more environmentally friendly and serve the same purpose as the regular bikes we grew up with.
However with the electric bike, you are faster, smoother; don’t need license or registration, number plates or even insurance to ride on.
You do have to stick to speed limits with city streets and respect road laws and commuters. The biggest problems with electric bikes are the prices, they are expensive with the cheapest going for almost 500 dollars and they are better than conventional bikes.
So to get you started, and we have come up with a beautiful list of the bike under 1000 dollars that is kind on your wallets and give you high-performance drive experience as we gradually wind down the year 2019.
Whether you are buying one for health reason, sports or just strolling down the streets, there is an electric bike for you.
Here is The List of Best Electric Bike Under 1000 $ in 2019
1. Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike
The Merax electric bike is a powerful and well-built bike made for the roughness and toughness of the outside world. The bike is off the bat beautiful and exudes strength, durability, and ready for the road.
Whether you intend to ride the bike on a smooth surface or a rocky road, the Merax electric bike will take you there and back for the experience of a lifetime.
- Can attain top speeds of 32 miles per hour for intercity commuting and flying down the mountain and coverage of 22 to 28 miles on a single charge
- Have two modes that you can choose from depending on your mood for the day – the e-bike and PAS mode
- Large 26 long aluminum frames with sturdy suspension fork allow for a smooth and bumpless ride every time
- It is powered by a 350 watts motor and a 36 volts lithium battery with 8.8 ampere that charges for 5 to 6 hours for the distance
- It is fitted with a 7-gear Shimano speed ranging from low to high for the terrain you are one with powerful disc brakes for sharp and quick stops.
Below are the Pros and cons of the Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike Shimano 7 Speed E-Bike.
- Durable, lightweight, and sturdy bike for adult riders or sports professional
- Comes fitted with safety lights – headlights for night riders and riding
- A 5-level pedal assists to amp your riding experience
- Smart digital LED lighted panel that monitors the specifics on the bike
- Thumb throttle engagement for a finer ride
- The battery can be removed and can be charged away from the bike
- The bike weighs in at 48.5 pounds and carries a 250-pound person
- This is easy to ride an electric bike designed for all terrains
- The tires need an upgrade; they are not as powerful as the bike
2. ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike
Aside from the high-quality grade aluminum that was used to design this bike, the bike has a lot of features that will make bike riders drool at the sight of it.
The ideal bike for all outdoors and off-road terrain and best of all it can be folded after use for easy transportation and storage.
The bikes are heavy when not in e-bike mode but for the most part in the electric mode; it flies like the wind with enough power to go at inclines without any hassle.
- The bike frame is 100 percent aluminum alloys and carbon steel for strength and durability with excellent shock absorption
- It comes with a whopping 21-speed transmission system to choose from
- Powered by a brushless motor of 250 watts and a battery of 36 volts with an 8-ampere lithium ion battery
- Comes with 2 modes – the e-bike mode and the PAS mode
- Can reach top speeds of 25 to 50 miles per hour and a distance of 15 miles tops
- Brake and gear shift system to fully protect you when riding
- Comes with extra safety accessories like the horns, LED lights and headlamp for night riding.
Below are the Pros and cons of the ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike.
- At a light weight of about 20 kg, the bike can carry a weight of 150 kg comfortably
- Riders have a choice of three speed level on the bike to choose from
- The battery charges between 4 – 6 hours
- A great bike for all weather and terrain with anti-slip tires for extra protection
- Very durable and covers a good distance
- A good bike for exercise and getting fit
- It is very heavy
3. Tomasar Power Electric Bike
Lightweight, durable, strong, and sturdy are just names to describe these electric bikes but the Tomasar is one bike every rider should have either as a beginner or professional riders. The impressive and silent power of this bike is due to the brushless motor, and battery on the bike.
- The Tomasar is a full aluminum alloys foldable electric bike to make storage easy in your car or office.
- Riders can attain top speeds of 15 miles per hour and cover a distance of 25 to 50 kilometer on a full battery charge
- A 7-speed Shimano transmission system for professional riders
- Two functional modes with three-speed smart buttons.
Below are the Pros and cons of the Tomasar Power Electric Bike.
- Enjoy long riding experience without pedaling or straining your legs
- Great for regular biking and fitness competition
- A good bike to cover the distance
- Lightweight and durable bike due to the aluminum and carbon steel frame
- It is collapsible for easy storage
- Excellent brake system and top-notch fork system allows for smooth and bumpless rides
- For riders in the cyclocross competition, the Tomasar electric bike is not the best bike for the race because it’s too slow at the speed of 15 miles per hour
4. NAKTO Electric Sporting Bike
A great bike for leisure traveling, strolling down the street or getting fit, NAKTO electric bicycle with meet all your requirements and allow you to enjoy a good riding experience on various levels of performance and appreciation for the road.
- High-quality shift gear Shimano 6-gear system with front and back expansion brake
- Comes fully loaded with security and safety amenities such as a horn and headlamp for night rides
- A removable 36 volts, 10-ampere battery with a smart Li-Ion charger with a powerful motor of 250 watts
- Two traveling modes to cover a distance of 28 miles or 35 miles on a fully charged battery
- Riders can enjoy the bike with speeds of 18 to 25 miles per hour.
Below are the Pros and cons of the NAKTO Electric Sporting Bike.
- Adjustable seat height allows the bike to be used by different individuals of different heights and size
- Very comfortable bike and suitable in all weather conditions
- Comes with a quick release clamp for easy folding and storage
- Variety of modes and speed level to choose from when riding
- Environmentally friendly bikes that save you energy in PAS mode
- Appropriate for heights of 4.9 to 6.6 inches
- Weighs in at 40 to 57 pounds with a maximum load of 250 to 300 pounds
- It is not easy to carry around because of the weight
5. X-Treme Scooter Electric Mountain Bicycle
X-Treme is a well-known brand in bike designing and distributor of electric wheels for riders and bike lovers, and this bike is one of the Best electric bike under 1000 $ in their range of tough-all-terrain bike for any surface.
The lightweight hand-welded aluminum frame gives this bike the needed boost to attain high sped and long distances.
- 18 inches frame and 26 inches tires are in the perfect proportion to take this bike to the zenith
- Can reach top speeds of 20 miles per hour and cover a distance of 15 to 20 miles
- 300 watts, 24 volts LiPo4 battery for a seamlessly bumpless riding experience.
Below are the Pros and cons of the X-Treme Scooter Electric Mountain Bicycle.
- Comes in a beautiful shade of blue
- It is easy to assemble and needs no special manual or extra help
- Comes with a carriage basket
- Customers can ask for a free assemble if the bike is purchased from Amazon
- It is a great and durable bike to go the distance
- Charges very quick at 3 to 4 hours
- One battery charge can take the rider on a 19 to 25 miles journey
- The pedals can be used for added movement and navigating tough terrains
- The bike is heavy
- Consumers’ complaint that the battery charge time is too long for a powerful bike like this
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best scooter for 8 year old to buy?, do read it If you are interested.
6. Cyclamatic power plus CX1 Electric Mountain Bike
We cannot compile a list of powerful electric bikes without adding a bike by Cyclamatic. The bike has been improved and now comes within an elegant design with a glossy finish for a more expensive look and feel.
Furthermore, the manufacturers have gone the extra mile to ensure that convenience and comfort is the utmost feature that riders get on this bike.
- Improved power and battery system with a 21-speed gear selection system
- Attainable speeds of 15 miles per hour and a distance of 28 miles
- The CX1 pedal assist with a power of 250 watts propels the bike to amazing distance in the shortest time possible
- Three level of pedal assist available on the bike – low, medium and high
- Comes with a 21-speed transmission Shimano gear for inclines
- A storage basket for shopping
- Battery charge time is 4 to 6 hours
- A great bike for all weathers and surfaces
Below are the Pros and cons of the Cyclamatic power plus CX1 Electric Mountain Bike.
- Can be assembled under 5 minutes
- Easy to use and a great bike for a teenager
- Stylish finish and design for great comfort and riding experience
- When the battery is down, the bike can be ridden like a normal bike
- Adjustable seat height of 31.5 to 35.5 inches
- Weighs in at 47 pounds for body weight of 220lb
- A very reliable bike for safety in all weather conditions
- Very strong and sharp brakes
- Great performance for inclines and control when coming down
- It is a big bike
- Not user-friendly
- Not easy to store
7. ECOTRIC Electric 500W Mountain Bike
What can we say, a very sturdy bike with some very unique features for smooth and bumpless rides?
The ECOTRIC bike has combated some problem felt by other bikers when riding such as violent shaking, vibration, discomfort due to unbalance and fatigue in the leg by producing a bike that will allow to ply any terrain and come off feeling excited and relaxed which makes it fit in our Best electric bike under 1000 USD 2019 list.
- Comes with 26 inches, 4 inches thick fat tires that absorb all the vibration to give you a smooth ride always
- Powered by 500 watts, 36 volts and produces an electric current of 12 amperes to get the bike through any surface
- Comes with a Shimano 7 speeds gear for optimum choice
- Can reach maximum speeds of 23 miles per hour for a distance of 64 kilometers.
Below are the Pros and cons of the ECOTRIC Electric 500W Mountain Bike.
- Strong, durable, stable and the best off-road bike by far
- A variety of colors to choose from including black, blue, and orange
- Fast, smooth and safe ride every time
- Weighs in at 58 pounds and carry a weight of 260 pounds
- Come almost assembled in the box
- Rear drive with powerful propelling force
- Attached to the bike is an S900 LCD display unit
- It has a five gear display circle
- You can set your own speed limit
- Great beginner bike for a newbie
- The tire is anti-skid and comes with an inner tube in case you have a flat
- The battery takes 6 hours to charge
- The bike is too light for rough riding
- It is bulky
- Takes too long to fully charge (around 6 hours)
- Lacks great physical strength
- Quite tiresome to ride frequently
8. Swagtron EB-7 Electric Bike
The list won’t be complete without a bike from Swagtron. They are gradually gaining grounds by manufacturing beautiful and strong, reliable bikes that will take you the distance and more.
This bike is a fantastic bike with lots of features that will make you feel powerful on a bike, and it only cost so much. If you like the conventional bike from Swagtron, then we promise you will love this electric model from them too
- Powered by a 350 watts and 36 volts battery
- Can travel a distance of 15.5 miles with a full battery charge
- Top speeds at 18.6 miles per hours
- 16 inches tires for distance and controls
- Three riding modes with throttle and pedal assist only
- The removable battery charges in 3 to 4 hours
- The battery has a secured key lock box to keep it safe
- Has dual brake technology with excellent stoppage power
Below are the Pros and cons of the Swagtron EB-7 Electric Bike.
- A year warranty on the bike
- An excellent customer service system
- Ergonomic handles for stable rides over all terrains and surfaces
- Super light aluminum alloy weighing 120 kg and carry a weight of 264.5 pounds
- Water resistant with adjustable seat
- Comes with safety light back and front for night ridings
- Comes with an inbuilt USB charging port to charge your mobile device
- It is foldable for easy storage and travel
9. Binxin Wireless Smart Electric bike
The Binxin Electric bike is a simple yet powerful bike that can go the distance with good mileage on it. However, with this design, the bike is not the finest for off-road trips but great on a smooth surface.
- Powered by a 350 watts motor with a 36 volts battery
- Can reach a distance of 12 miles
- Battery charge time is 3 hours
- You can enjoy speeds of 20 to 25 miles per hour
- Excellent hand bar control with accessories like horns, headlights, twist throttle.
Below are the Pros and cons of the Binxin Wireless Smart Electric bike.
- Excellent energy saving bike
- Sharp and reliable brake system
- Foldable bike for easy storage and travel
- Hold up to 265-pound body weight
- Not a very comfortable bike for off-road riding
10. NAKTO Electric Bicycle Sporting Shimano
This bike is so beautiful and works well with all people, but the design-build is for the female rider that wants to get her groove on but needs some speed in her stride.
- A speed of 20 miles per hour without pedal assist
- A distance range of 22 miles
- Made with steel alloy frames create great stability
- From V-brakes and rear expansion for sharp and swift stops
- Two mode assist and a 6 speed Shimano transmission gears to choose from.
Below are the Pros and cons of the NAKTO Electric Bicycle Sporting Shimano.
- Very sturdy bike at 60 pounds with excellent power and stability
- Great bike for inclines and heights
- LCD display to monitor your performance
- It’s affordable and of great value
- Adjustable seat for different heights
- The battery doesn’t last long
Like everything electric, there are considerations in getting the best one that is tough and strong. Even though we know electric bikes can’t last forever due to wear and tear of continuous riding, it helps to know that you were properly guided to buy the right one that will serve you adequately before you get another one.
we all love speed and whether we are riding or being ridden, speed is fun and exhilarating. The maximum distance an electric bike can power depends on the battery capacity and the power of the motor, and this varies in a different model.Electric models range from 15 miles per hours to really adrenaline rush of almost 30 miles per hour.
why do you have a bike that you can’t stunt with, the fun will be gone. As youngsters, an electric bike should do more than the manufacturer has listed on the package.
Off-road terrain and rocky plains are what electric bikes are made for, so having one that doesn’t do that, literally throws the fun out the window. A solid and high-performance bike should conquer any terrain.
the charge time for a standard electric bike is about 5 to 6 hours which is a long time to charge your bike; so to compliment the long charge time the bike should be able to cover considerable long distance when fully charged. So this is important when you are buying an electric bike.
Electric bikes are expensive, that doesn’t mean that expensive is excellent and reliable. The bikes listed here are all under 1000 dollars and will stand at equal length with some of the hefty price brand names in the industry.
this is the distance your bike can cover with a full charge on the battery. A good electric bike should cover at least 10 miles minimum and 30 miles maximum with good pedal assist if the battery runs flat.
Are you riding around your neighborhood, use it as a mean of transportation or for a competition will be a deciding factor for choosing an electric bike.
Let your bike match the intended purpose else you might end up wasting your money.
well don’t expect any accessory with your bike, but some bikes come with extra items like carriage basket, mudguard, torch and small accessories that help the rider on their journey.
You cover more distance and do it at a faster and easier rate than using your foot. We are not implying that biking is better than walking but it helps you attain a fit life while doing your daily activity
- Riding an electric bike makes our bones stronger and reduces the risk of bone diseases like arthritis, etc
- They are safer for elder people with hip and knee joint problems
- It allows you to get more oxygen into your lungs, and increase blood circulation and increase heart health.
Pay Attention to the Traffic:- Cars are more than bikes any day in the city and most drivers are oblivious of the fact that bikes go as fast as e-bikes do. So when in traffic, announce yourself and pay attention to the road rules and regulations.
Add a Flag to your Bike:- Zooming at 20 miles per hour can cause accidents both to the motorist and the biker; this can be avoided if you are mindful of your speed and check around before flying across the street.
Stay on the Bike Lane:- To avoid accident between bikers and unsuspected motorists, the government provides different smaller lane adjacent motor lanes where bikers can ride as fast as they wish. We do recommend paying attention to pedestrians to avoid another accident.
Wearing the Right Gears:- Even if you are riding to your office or to school, it is best your stay protected. So always wear a helmet, knee and elbow pads for your protection in the event of an accident.
Question: what are e-bikes?
Answer: An E-bike is a short form of the words electric bike and is used to qualify all bikes with a motor and battery attached to it
Question: What is the speed limit on the electric bike?
Answer: the speed limit in most countries on the road is 15 miles per hours except in competitions
Question: Are electric bike healthy?
Answer: Yes, they are getting for of aerobic exercise for the leg and whole body
Question: what are the different classes of electric bikes?
Answer: there are classified into class 1, class 2 and class 3 electric bikes.
Class 1 is equipped with a motor that assists the pedaling with a speed limit of 20 miles per hours
Class 2 is low-speed throttle assisted bikes and the motor is used to propel the bike instead of assisting the pedaling
Class 3 is speed assist bike that functions with the help of the motor and battery to get the rider on their journey when they mount the bike
Question: how long should it take to charge my electric bike?
Answer: most electric bikes take 4 to 6 hours to charge and you can go up to 25 miles with one charge.
In conclusion, electric bikes or e-bikes are not the cheapest, but we have worked out way through the best in the industry and gotten the best bikes below 1000 dollars for you or for friends. Furthermore, they are the perfect bike for the off or on road.