The best calisthenics app can serve to be highly beneficial for both advanced practitioners and beginners in exercising.
These fitness-related applications can best be used for creating one’s workout routine, logging workouts, finding information on the right way of performing certain movements, tracking regular macronutrient consumption, and even getting hold of calisthenics bar settings nearby.
One of the best things about these apps is they do not require the users to bring in a lot of equipment for working out. Going for a simple doorway pull-up bar can turn things up for the users.
However, for the ones who are on the lookout for more versatility, pull-up stations can be the right option. These stations allow individuals to exercise more.
You even have the option of using a pair of gymnastic rings if you are looking to work out at any time and at any location. The majority of the calisthenics applications are the efforts of popular calisthenics athletes found on social media platforms.
Others come from some of the most fantastic communities, such as Reddit, which is a bodyweight fitness group. So, there’s nothing for you to wait for. You would not lose anything if you simply checked these apps out. Maybe, you will like them and find them useful in your regular life.
The calisthenics apps mentioned below are available for free, and a few of them even feature in-app purchases.
Best Calisthenics App – Our Top Picks 👌👌
This calisthenics app will help you adjust your regular workout routines as per your requirements. It gives you the option of choosing targeted muscles like the back, abs, and legs and your workout duration to adapt the same to your fitness goals and level.
This altogether helps you in creating your very own workout. It even comes with video guidance that will help users perfectly execute their exercises.
Use it for working out at the gym or at home while you have the right fitness program by your side. Choose the workouts at Madbarz, and you will notice big changes in your fitness level within a few weeks.
Below are some of the features of The Madbarz App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- It will help you analyze the progress you are making.
- There are daily bodyweight workouts to train your body anytime and anywhere.
- Advanced, intermediate, and beginner exercisers can choose their fitness level.
- Pick exercises by targeted muscles and duration.
- Make and save customized workouts.
- Weekly challenges will get you stronger week by week.
- Top-quality video tutorials are available for all the exercises.
- Detailed descriptions are also available for all the exercises so that the exercises can be performed correctly without any problem.
- Intermediate-level fitness enthusiasts can take their skills to a completely new level by using Madbarz.
- The advanced level exercisers are challenged to get stronger and better with special workouts designed by experts or professionals.
The premium version of this app can also be tried out for free but only for 7 days. There is no need for you to go for the premium version to enjoy this calisthenics app.
However, if you at all choose to do so, it will be beneficial for you. The premium version includes a detailed nutrition chart for muscle gain and weight loss, along with many recipes.
2. Calisthenics Mastery
Calisthenics Mastery is one app you should go for if you are on the lookout for the ideal calisthenics companion that will help you in tracking your workouts. Besides, the app will educate and motivate you if you are a beginner at exercising.
Even advanced athletes will find this app very useful. It enables you to download and come up with a great plan with just a few clicks.
You can also use it for setting up your very own personal workout plan with routines that can effectively and easily be added to the exercises in your schedule.
Its free version comes loaded with 50 workouts in five varied categories along with complete functionality. Users can discover and make use of the full capacity of this app by way of its free content.
They can even unravel the advanced training, encouraging workout, and easy-to-use approaches while continuing with calisthenics.
Below are some of the features of The Calisthenics Mastery App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- There are routines available for grouping your repeats the way you desire.
- Workout players are available for counting time, showing what follows, and ticking the repeats.
- The schedule can be used for creating powerful and flexible workout strategies.
- The log feature will help you see past activities.
- Then there is a progress percentage for progress.
- The animation workout icons will help users in executing the workouts.
- Workout notifications
- Rest timer
- Progression levels and exercise descriptions
- The muscles worked out by different workouts are also listed, along with work intensity.
- YouTube exercise videos are available.
- Ten exercises for all basic moves like squats, push-ups, pull-ups, bridges, and leg raises are available for starting with a bodyweight workout.
- Users can purchase more workouts in the form of extra content. These include lower leg workouts, human flags, handstand push-ups, neck training, forearm exercises, dips, planks, active stretching, front level, and planche.
The Pro upgrade of this app is not available for free and comes with the following features:
- Adjustable exercise progression standards
- Auto progress for increasing repeats automatically post-workout.
- Motivating, challenging, and fun workout modes keep the users on track.
- Users can use an important tool called Tabata for creating intensive interval workouts.
- Workout routines are created automatically, and the users just need to set the difficulty level.
Calisthenics Mastery will never let you get bored of exercising by allowing you to switch between workout plans frequently.
3. Calisthenics Workout Routines
This is yet another effective and useful bodyweight workout software allowing users to get hold of the right workouts and come up with their very own exercise routines.
It also helps the users in tracking their statistics and progress. The app serves every individual the right way, no matter whether they are seasoned veterans or beginners.
You get to make your choice from a huge selection of pre-made exercises, or you can even create your very own exercise. Users will also know the muscles that get activated through the workouts and the intensity of strength and cardio in each exercise.
The free version of this app comes loaded with all the basic movements for starting a successful bodyweight exercise routine.
Below are some of the features of The Calisthenics Workout Routines App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- There are free workouts that users can easily personalize.
- 150+ varied workouts.
- 75+ predefined exercise routines.
- 1000+ tailor-made routines
- Users can create their very own unrestricted custom exercises.
- There is a timer for tracking workout duration.
- Users can know about the muscles that are targeted through different workouts.
- YouTube descriptions and links are available for all the exercises.
- Workouts can even be saved and used offline.
- Users can even listen to their favorite songs while working out.
- They can analyze their progress via different charts, comparisons, and graphs.
- They can even track their repetitions and time duration for each workout.
- All data from exercises remain saved.
- Wonderful graphics for the users to see their progress on different exercises.
- Calendar for accessing saved data, navigating through days, and seeing the workout routines and movements already practiced.
- Users have access to a huge amount of general information like the number of calories burned per exercise, the duration of each workout, the average time, and the number of workout cycles.
- There are even instructions available for practicing different exercises. This information is sorted by target muscle, body region, and equipment required.
- The body tracker features help users track their weight by adding body measurements.
- The app also helps users calculate BMI.
This is a great calisthenics app for individuals looking to lose body fat at a breakneck pace.
At the time of our research on the Best Calisthenics App, we found a video about “11 Gym Exercises Most People Are Doing Wrong,” which is worth watching. 🏆😎
4. Calisthenics Parks – Home of the Bars
Calisthenics is a sport that requires complete body tension, dynamics, coordination, and pure strength. Athletes looking to train effectively need a very nice and good-quality gym.
They need to find out more about locations where they can get hold of the right parallel and pull-up bars in their local area. Most outdoor gyms are available in the backyards of huge apartment buildings and even in public parks.
Calisthenics Parks- Home of the Bars is one of the most popular sports platforms giving athletes extraordinary access to a top-quality exercise spot directory.
This app comes in the form of an ideal complement to some of the most well-known outdoor fitness software like Runtastic Results, Freeletics, Fit Without Equipment, Nike Training Club, Thenx, and Madbarz.
Below are some of the features of The Calisthenics Parks- Home of the Bars App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- Discover more than 5000 spots spanning over 100 nations across the world.
- The app also allows you to promote calisthenics events and add team training.
- You can even use it for writing messages and starting conversations with others.
- You can present yourself, your company, your team, or your club.
- User profiles on the app can be filled with training programs, skills, nutrition, and activities.
- Users can segment their experiences and show their potential to the other participants.
- It will offer you great visibility throughout your local region or city by activating the location of your home.
- Users get the ability to add locations that can be shared with calisthenics’ communities across the world.
- Create your account on the app, or you can even sign in through your Facebook Login ID.
- Get hold of local guides and contacts in varied places.
- You can use this podium for free or with due registration to get hold of the best training locations in your local area.
- The spots submitted are reviewed by editors and even come with images for rating them seriously for workouts.
- Positions are checked and corrected regularly to make it easy for the users to find spots fast.
- The calisthenics parks are duly tagged and come with a detailed summary of flooring, manufacturer, and access restrictions.
One thing that makes Calisthenics Parks- Home of the Bars special and exclusive is that it translates calisthenics parks or spots into varied languages. This allows athletes from around the world to access information on the app.
5. We’re Workout Out – Al Kavadlo
The app offers you the chance to work out alongside a fully animated Al while he takes you through 40+ exclusive exercises and more than 90 varied, progressive bodyweight workouts.
For the ones who might not be aware of Al Kavadlo, he is one of the leading calisthenics and bodyweight strength training experts in the world. He has authored several books like Street Workout, Get Strong, Strong Body, Pushing The Limits, and Zen Mind.
Coming to the app, users get the flexibility of choosing between one-time purchases or monthly subscriptions. They can even level their strength and fitness, get more information about calisthenics, and gain flexibility.
The app helps you choose workouts that suit your level of fitness. Users can even choose progression challenges for certain exercises.
Below are some of the features of The We’re Workout Out – Al Kavadlo App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- Fantastic graphs for visualizing logged workouts.
- Users get to log their exercises by saving the count of sets, time, and weight of all the exercises they do.
- The timer saves progress automatically.
- There are full videos available for all the exercises.
- Users can even switch their workout routines by choosing between starting stretching, molding mobility, and bodyweight fitness.
- Beautiful statistics can also be used for tracking workout progress.
- There is a dashboard available for exploring the entire routine tree.
- Customizable settings on rest timer.
- Workout logs can be exported as CSV files.
- No network connection or extra permissions are needed. The videos for exercises are also available offline in the form of MP4 videos.
Use We’re Workout Out- Al Kavadlo for bringing about healthy changes in your regular life. This app will help you become motivated, aware, and active. It is easy to use the calisthenics app with exercises presented in a very simple way.
6. TrainingPal Lite
The TrainingPal Lite app will offer you good help in achieving some of the most in-demand street workout and calisthenics skills like a back lever, front lever, handstand push-ups, straddle planche, handstand, human flag, muscle up, L-sit, one arm chin-up, V-sit and press to handstand.
The app generates readymade exercise schedules and even shows the current exercise and set of the user. It even counts rest time and signals the users about starting and stopping their isometric holds.
The app even helps by keeping a good track of the previous exercises of the users. Exercise enthusiasts can use the app to create exercise routines simply by choosing different workout modes.
There are sets of different workouts available for developing strength. You can even find techniques and specific skill details of the different exercises.
Below are some of the features of The TrainingPal Lite App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- Each exercise module comes with several exercises that can be selected as per the fitness level of the user.
- Users get the flexibility of generating workout schedules ranging from advanced and intermediate to complete beginner.
- This app perfectly suits cross-fit, bodybuilding, and other conditioning workouts.
- Users can choose the skills they want to achieve and get going with their training.
- The app does one of the best jobs in breaking down repetition numbers and sets the user’s need to do based on the current potential of the users.
- The new version of the app comes with features like the added possibility of skipping rest time.
- Video presentations for workouts.
- Pictures in the workout description section.
Major issues with the app interface have been fixed in its new version, and it is probably one of the best calisthenics apps that one can use for getting six-packs. Using TrainingPal Lite is like having your very own personal trainer advising you on the moves you should practice.
If you want to know some secret methods and techniques to help you with your bodyweight training, then ThenX is for you.
The instructions and programs available within this app have been designed by expert instructors only after several years of testing and analysis.
Even athletes have contributed to the design of this app that comes with the most simplistic and direct format that will help users excel in their calisthenics ability and fitness. There are programs where users will face different challenges.
However, they will gain the abilities and skills required to face these challenges through guided progressions. These can be obtained by almost any individual of any fitness level and age.
Content offered to the users is available in video format to make it easier for them to understand the exercises and techniques at their pace.
The video formats help users in practicing the workouts in proper form that can easily be repeated and in personalizing their workout experience at the same time.
Below are some of the features of The ThenX App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- Users get to choose difficulty levels.
- Timer is included
- Workouts and exercises can be understood very easily through videos.
ThenX will help you choose workouts that suit your body fitness requirements, and thus it will work wonders for you in the long run.
8. Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal
MyFitnessPal will be the right calisthenics app for you if you want to lose body weight; get healthy, tone up; start a brand new diet or change your lifestyle habits.
The app allows users to track the food they are consuming with their massive database. The app even tells the users how much food they regularly need to stay healthy and fit. Everything is tailored to the objectives and requirements of the users.
Below are some of the features of The MyFitnessPal App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- Comes loaded with a huge foot database consisting of more than 6 million food varieties, including global cuisines and items.
- The barcode scanner helps in scanning barcodes for logging foods. It can recognize more than 4 million barcodes.
- Then there is a recipe importer importing nutrition details for recipes users want.
- Users can create their recipes, meals, and foods and even save their favorite ones.
- They can even learn the right way to make healthy food choices through food insights.
- The restaurant logging feature helps users in logging menu items offered in their favorite restaurants.
This is one of the best calisthenics apps for people who find it difficult to maintain proper nutrition. It also helps in calculating calories in recipes, meals, and foods.
9. WorkOut: Fitness from Streets
This app has been specifically designed to meet the fitness and health requirements of active men and women. The latest version of this app was introduced in August 2016, and it is v3.0.236.
This app is available for free and requires Android 4.0.3 to run. You can use it on your Android device to enhance your fitness and health. This top-quality workout application will help you train your body better.
It is probably one of the best workout apps on Android for building muscles. The successful workout plans available on this software and the workout schedule trackers will help you lose a considerable amount of fat, whether training at the gym or at home.
Below are some of the features of The WorkOut: fitness from streets App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calisthenics Apps to download.
- It perfectly suits individuals who require workout and training routines for fit and healthy living.
- The app satisfies the demand for a good calisthenics app among active individuals.
- It offers easy access to map street parks and playgrounds nearby, which further helps fitness enthusiasts plan their workout routines.
- It even offers the scope of communicating with other street exercise enthusiasts through direct messages.
- It is malware and virus-free software that can be downloaded very easily.
Workout: Fitness from Streets is highly recommended for the fitness of individuals who like to remain active all the time.
Which is the best calisthenics app?
Madbarz, Calisthenics Mastery, Calisthenics Workout Routines, Calisthenics Parks, ThenX, etc. are some of the best calisthenics apps and help you with various customized workouts, progress analysis, advanced, intermediate, and beginner exercises, and detailed descriptions along with the video tutorials, and much more.
What is the best free calisthenics program?
Caliverse, Calisthenics Mastery, Freeletics, Madbarz, Calisthenics Parks, etc., are among the best free calisthenics programs and can help you to improve your strength, flexibility, and fitness without any investment at all.
Is a home workout app good for calisthenics?
Yes, of course! Doing home-based workouts using a calisthenics application can be very effective in boosting your confidence and enhancing your overall fitness. You can learn new exercises, effortlessly create fresh routines, get personalized content, and track your progress.
However, it can be a bit challenging to choose a specific calisthenics application. You can look at some of the best calisthenics apps like Calisthenics Workout Routines, Calisthenics Mastery, Madbarz, Calisthenics Parks, etc.
Is calisthenics better than weights?
It depends on your fitness goals, the type of your body, and your body weight. Calisthenics uses a lot of body movement and is better for burning calories. As a result, you may lose some body fat and weight effectively. Calisthenics requires a lot of energy, which your body receives by burning calories.
On the other hand, weightlifting asks you to use external weights like dumbbells and involves isolated exercises that are effective at increasing the overall size of the muscle group.
When done regularly, weightlifting can be immensely effective at building muscle size and strength. Hence, calisthenics is a better option for weight loss and weightlifting for muscle building.
Can you train calisthenics every day?
Yes, there is no problem if you want to do calisthenics daily. However, you have to make sure that you are performing them the right way.
The intensity, duration, and repetition also depend on your skill levels, how hard you can work out, which muscle groups you want to train, and how fast your body recovers after a workout.
Who is stronger in calisthenics vs bodybuilding?
There is nothing like which one is stronger when we look at calisthenics and bodybuilding. If you want to build muscle mass add improve overall body strength, bodybuilding is a better option.
Calisthenics workouts are very good at weight loss since it burns a lot of calories as compared to bodyweight exercises.
How long should a calisthenics workout last?
It depends heavily on your body type, weight, and health conditions. however, you should not perform calisthenics workouts for more than 40 minutes, even if you are extremely fit. this is more than just enough to target all three broad categories of exercises, including pull, push, and leg muscles.
How soon can you see results from calisthenics?
It depends a lot on various factors, including how you are performing calisthenics, how good you are at your diet, as well as whether you are doing calisthenics the right way or not.
But generally, it takes up to six weeks for your body to adapt to any specific exercise. And only then will you notice the results of any exercise, including calisthenics.
Can calisthenics change your body?
Yes, if performed the right way, calisthenics can drastically transform your body and can be immensely helpful add reducing body fat, especially from the optimal line.
Why are calisthenics athletes so ripped?
Thanks to its progressive nature, calisthenics exercises give your body enough challenge at any level and build your body muscles while burning a lot of calories. The exercise regime ultimately leads to fat loss, and that’s why calisthenics athletes are usually very ripped.
How many times a week should I do calisthenics?
In the beginning, if you have no idea about calisthenics, you can start three days a week with 20 minutes per day. You can increase the duration up to 40 minutes, but very slowly and steadily, and increase the number of days to six days per week. And, if you want to alternate three days of calisthenics with three days of weight training, you can also do that.
Can calisthenics give you abs?
Yes, if formed the right way and with a lot of regularity and dedication, calisthenics can give you abs for sure. However, you must have to take care of your diet as well throughout while performing calisthenics.
What happens when you do calisthenics every day?
There are some great health benefits of performing calisthenics every day. With regular practice the right way, you will slowly but steadily start feeling stronger, move better, and can even improve your overall concentration level.
Calisthenics is also very effective at enhancing your ability to solve different types of problems. According to various research, calisthenics is amazingly effective at improving motor skills and can help you to become a better, stronger, and more focused person.
Does calisthenics build muscle quickly?
There is no exercise designed to build muscles “quickly.” You have to be very patient, as most body types take up to five to six weeks to only adapt to a certain type of exercise. And same goes with the calisthenics workouts as well.
You will have to wait more than a few weeks to notice the difference and some more time to start building muscles.
Do you need rest days when doing calisthenics?
Yes definitely! Your body needs several hours to recover after performing calisthenics exercises. You should not do calisthenics for more than 40 minutes in a single session and take complete rest for one day a week at least. Otherwise, your body will start breaking down, and your muscles won’t get much time to repair.
The Bottom Line on the best calisthenics app
The best calisthenics app will help you do some of the best gymnastic workouts for achieving bodily fitness within the shortest time possible. These apps are specifically developed for improving agility, strength, balance, coordination, and flexibility.