In the past few years, the world of pokemon has been coming up with a splendid amount of adventures, exciting experiences, and surprises. For every nineties kid, pokemon was a different unique craze altogether, which has not faded even in the present modern times.
One of the biggest dreams for these kids was owning and petting pokemon of their own and getting to experience and interact with these crazy creatures from much closer distances.
The Pokemon craze has been magical for ages due to its super thrilling and enigmatic experiences and exciting adventures that it offers.
The imperiously cute and adorable looks of each and every pokemon attract a massive audience to watch and enjoy these shows, including feminine audiences.
According to the current update, the pokemon kingdom has a whopping 893 number of pokemon, all of which are extremely cute, robust, strong, crazy, adorable, and powerful.
Modern research, science, technology, and design is contributing to making new attractive pokemon designs every year.
Each new pokemon comes with its unique new characteristics, features, looks, and designs, which are as good as all other pokemon and does not fail to bring fun, thrill, and joy to its viewers. We see super interesting different forms of every pokemon that happens to be more potent than its original form with every evolution.
Some of the most well known pokemon types are grass, poison, fire, steel, fairy, ghost, psychic, electric, ice, among many others. One type that always seems to be intimidating and powerful is the ‘flying’ type of pokemon.
These pokemon are powerful, extremely strong, and aggressive, cute, and robust. These pokemon have extraordinary powers, strengths, attractive looks, and weaknesses, which make them distinguishably different from the other types.
Flying-type pokemon have a lot in common with the dragon type pokemon and have almost similar kinds of features.
Introduction of Flying Type Pokemon
Flying-type pokemon have been in existence from almost the beginning of the Pokemon creations. The first introduction of flying type pokemon happened in the very first generation of the Pokemon series.
There are many known pokemon who are vulnerable to flying type pokemon’s moves. Some of them are Hawlucha, Machamp, Butterfree, Blaziken, Venusaur, and Toxicroak, among others.
Flying-type pokemon are known to be extremely effective against fighting, grass, and bug types and are known to be vulnerable to ice, electric, and rock type pokemon.
Although flying type pokemon are super cool and very powerful, they are not very effective against steel, rock, and electric type pokemon. Some of the best flying pokemon are Salamence, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Charizard, Emolga. Dragonite, Togekiss, and Lugia, among many others.
Colors of Flying Type Pokemon
Flying-type pokemon can be distinguished by their unique names and strengths, and powers. The overall color theme of these types of pokemon is bright and pastel.
Some of the exciting colors used are blue, red, purple, brown, orange, teal, black, lilac, grey, white, yellow, and green. All pokemon in this type are very vibrant looking and colorful and are very well designed and executed.
These flying type pokemon are adorable in their own creepy ways. They are equally physically appealing as fairy types, and their designs are fun, unique, and trendy.
These types of pokemon can demonstrate breathtakingly beautiful moves and can learn any new action swiftly. Flying-type pokemon are known to be extremely fierce and powerful and are much more robust and crazy than any other type of pokemon.
List of the Best Flying Type Pokemon 👌👌
Below mentioned is a list of ten best, most powerful, and interesting flying type pokemon of all times.
Togekiss is a fourth-generation flying-fairy type pokemon who belongs to the ‘Jubilee’ pokemon species. Generation four has marked its evolution as a new flying-fairy type.
Before this, it was a normal flying type pokemon. Togekiss has multiple special abilities, which are ‘Hustle’ and ‘Serene Grace’. One of its unique abilities, which are hidden, is ‘Super Luck’. Togekiss looks like a cute and chubby white bird.
It has tiny blue-red feathers that look like small triangles on its chest with two very tiny feet that are very close to each other. It also has three layered cute white wings that protrude at the end of its roundish body.
Togekiss is known to be a very gentle creature who is very subtle and kind and always looks after others’ welfare. Togekiss is peaceful by nature and does not like to take part in any sort of conflict.
They can be called a symbol of ‘blessing’ and ‘care’. Togekiss often gracefully flies in the sky, performing beautiful aerial acts and actions.
- Togekiss usually are very attached to their offspring, who are called ‘Togepi’. They are possessive parents and take care of their children with great care and concern.
- Togekiss is extremely peace-loving and does not appear where there are conflicts.
- Togekiss have big hearts and often share blessings with good people who maintain peace and tranquility.
- Togekiss has high-speed learning capabilities and can pick up moves and teachings very swiftly, which makes it one of the best flying type pokemon.
Articuno is known to be a cruel pokemon who belongs to the ice and flying type. Articuno has a catch rate of 1.6 % and does not have a specified gender.
Articuno is a very competitive pokemon with a height of 1.7m and a weight of 55.4kg. Its leveling rate is comparatively slow, but it is known to be a ruthless creature.
Articuno was first introduced in generation one. Articuno is known to be one of the three legendary beasts of Kanto. It is said that Articuno has frozen wings made of ice. This entire creature is mono-colored and comes in shades, tints, and tones of blue.
- One of the most unique superpowers that articuno possesses is that it can control ice in its own free will.
- While flying, articuno can use its wings to freeze the moisture in the air. This often results in snowfall.
- Articuno helps and guides lost travelers to find their way.
- Articuno has the ability to live in extremely cold temperatures and is said to be one of the best flying type pokemon.
Skarmory is a super cute-looking steel-flying type pokemon that was first introduced in the second generation of the series.
This creature is known to be 50% male and 50% female and comes with a catch rate of 7.7%. It has a height of 1.7m and a weight of 50.5kg, with a very slow leveling rate.
Skarmory is known to be an avian pokemon that is silver-grey in color. It has a long metallic blue neck, legs, and tail. Skarmory has vivid fierce yellow eyes and a pointed beak like a bird. It has sharp, strong wings that are hollow and helps this bird to travel up to 185mph or 300km/h.
- Skarmony’s skin and feathers are hard, strong, and solid because from a very young age, it is raised in very harsh conditions.
- Its feathers are so hard that when they fall off they almost act like swords. These features make it one of the best flying type pokemon.
Salamence is a dragon-flying type of pokemon that comes with a catch rate of 11.9%. This creature is known to be fifty percent male and fifty percent female and has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 102.6 kg.
It came with a slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the third generation of the Pokemon series. This pokemon is popularly known as a pseudo-legendary pokemon, and it is said that its evolution has happened from Shelgon, and its final form is known as Bagon. It is often also called to be a quadrupedal, draconic pokemon.
This pokemon’s overall color combination happens to be blue and brownish-red. The entire body and partial face of the pokemon are blue in color.
The tail and the face are a combination of both blue and red, whereas the vast wings are wholly red and robust. The lower chest area and the lower jaws come in a light bluish-greyish shade, completing the beast’s entire look and appeal.
It is said the salamence is an unusual pokemon because its evolution has been triggered by its constant desire to fly. Salamence’s robust wings have initially been created from the cell mutation process by wishing.
This crazy evolution has made this creature even larger, strong, and robust. When Salamence becomes very happy, it flies around and releases massive blasts of fire.
The only time that this creature chooses to stop flying is the time when it gets exhausted and wishes to sleep. Salamence is very aggressive and has extreme rage. As a result of this rage, it often destroys everything around and becomes very difficult to control.
- If raised with proper training and good control, Salamence is a fierce beast and can give tremendous competition to any other pokemon who comes its way.
- Salamence is extremely strong and robust and definitely makes it to the list of some of the best flying-type pokemon.
Dragonite is a fifty percent male and a fifty percent female pokemon who belongs to both the flying and dragon type. This pokemon comes with a catch rate of 11.9%, a height of 2.2m, and a weight of 210kg.
It usually has a slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the very first generation of the pokemon series. Dragonite is known to be a legendary pseudo kind of pokemon.
It is said that its evolution has happened from Dragonair, and its final form is known to be Dratini. Dragonite is also called to be a bipedal draconic kind of pokemon.
The overall color combination that has been used for this pokemon is a combination of dark pastel orange and light cream color. Dragonite is an adorable-looking dinosaur with two medium-sized super cute green wings.
It has very cute-looking appealing eyes and a tiny horn-like structure on the top of its head. It also has two string-like structures coming out of its head like wires.
Although Dragonite is very bulky, it is known to travel faster than the actual speed of sound. People believe that Dragonite can go around the entire glove only in sixteen hours, which is absolutely incredible.
- Dragonite is a very kind-hearted, gentle, and loving pokemon who is said to save humans from drowning. It is also believed that this pokemon shows ways to lost ships in the ocean.
- If appropriately trained, Dragonite is an incredible pokemon who can compete with any other pokemon equally well. Dragonite is definitely one of the best flying-type pokemon.
Altaria is a humming pokemon who belongs to both the dragon and the flying type. It is a fifty percent male and a fifty percent female pokemon who comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.1m and a weight of 20.6 kg and comes with an erratic leveling rate. This pokemon was first introduced in the third generation of the series, and it is said that its evolution happens from Swablu.
Altaria is a super cute-looking blue color avian pokemon whose body is all over covered with white color feather-like embellishments.
The overall appearance of this creature is just like an innocent duck. It has four blue toes, one long blue neck, tiny black eyes, and a small white mouth.
- Altaria is known to be a calm and kind pokemon that uses its wings to fly in a calm and graceful manner up in the sky.
- This creature often sings. Its humming or singing has a particular property that induces a dreamy state for listeners.
- Altaria is known to be super affectionate and wraps its wings around people it loves.
- Despite its cute and friendly nature, Altaria can attach foes with shrill cries without any mercy if provoked. It is one of the best flying-type pokemon.
Charizard is a flame pokemon who belongs to both the fire and the flying type. This pokemon comes with an 11.9% catch rate and is known to be 87.5 % male and 12.5 % female.
Charizard came with a medium-slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the very first generation of the pokemon series. It is said that its evolution happens from Charmeleon, and its final form is known to be Charmander.
This pokemon is known to be a draconic, bipedal form of pokemon and is primarily orange in color. The lower part of its chest and tail is light cream in color, and the inner portion of its wings is a bright teal.
Charizard’s upper body is more slender than its lower body and it has a sharp claw and toenails and a long tail with a fire-tip end. It has two horn-like structures protruding from the back of its head and it keeps flying in search of powerful opponents to battle.
- Charizard is extremely powerful, and it is believed that its breath can melt away large glaciers, boulders and often accidentally results in forest fires.
- With each victory, a Charizard’s flame on its tail keeps burning harder, and it can even burn underwater with the same density.
- This creature’s wings are known to be hotter than magma and can burn down all its opponents. It is one of the best flying type pokemon.
Aerodactyl is a fossil pokemon that belongs to both the rock and the flying type. It is known to be 87.5% male and 12.5% female pokemon that comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.8m and a weight of 59.0Kg and comes with a slow leveling rate. This pokemon was first introduced in the very first generation of the Pokemon series.
This creature is known to be a reptilian bipedal kind of pokemon that has large membranous wings. It is a bird-like pokemon which is overall light greyish-lilac in color with light purple colored wings.
It has a small sublime body with an elongated mouth and medium-sized wings. It has a long tail, which has a tiny arrow-like structure at the end.
This creature uses its feet to grab and tightly clutch its prey in flight. It is believed that Aerodactyl is almost extinct in the world and might never come back.
- Since its mega evolution, Aerodactyl has become very strong and fierce by nature and can give tough competition to any other pokemon.
- Aerodactyl is definitely one of the best flying type pokemon available, and the audience wants to see more of it.
Noivern is a sound wave pokemon who belongs to both the dragon and the flying type. It is fifty percent male and fifty percent female and comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 85.0kg and comes with a medium-fast leveling rate. This pokemon was first introduced in the sixth generation of the Pokemon series, and its evolution has happened from Noibat.
Noivern resembles a bat and is a large draconic pokemon. This creature’s overall color combination is black, purple, and green.
It has a pair of large teardrop-shaped ears that almost look like loudspeakers and cute medium-sized wings. It has a long tail with two spines near the tip.
- This creature is usually known for its aggressive and violent temper. The only way to please it is by offering it, its favorite ripe fruit.
- Noiverns ears are capable of producing ultrasonic waves, which can destroy big solid boulders. With the help of these waves, it can freely move in the dark.
- This creature is extremely cruel and destroys its enemies without any mercy. It is one of the best flying type pokemon.
Lugia is a diving pokemon that belongs to both the psychic type and the flying type. It is a genderless pokemon and comes with a catch rate of 1.6%.
It has a height of 5.2m and a weight of 216.0kg and comes with a comparatively slow leveling rate. It is a legendary pokemon and was first introduced in the second generation of the Pokemon series. Lugia is the game mascot of Pokemon silver.
Lugia is a massively colossal pokemon that is known to resemble a dragon, a plesiosaur and a bird. It is primarily silver-white in color. The lower portion of its chest is light blue in color.
The horn-like structures present on its back, tail, and head are navy blue in color, creating a good contrast. Lugia has massive arms with big fingers, comparatively small legs, and a medium-sized tail.
Lugia can fold the horn-like plates on its back to increase its speed of movement. Lugia’s entire body is covered with scales that protect it from different types of attack.
- Like most of the other bird pokemon, Lugia can control and bring about changes in temperature. It can control or give rise to storms.
- It is believed that even a slight movement of its wings can create such a strong wind that is capable of destroying cliffs.
- Just with its wings’ movement, it can bring about storms that can last up to a minimum of forty days at a stretch.
- Lugia is an extremely rare pokemon and is very intelligent. It understands that it can cause any harm. That is why it chooses to isolate itself and it sleeps underwater. It is one of the best flying type pokemon.
The pokemon kingdom has brilliant species in every individual type. The pokemon as mentioned earlier is a list of some of the best-known flying type pokemon.
In this context, it is worth mentioning that all the available flying type pokemon are unique in their own way. This list is made keeping in mind the uniqueness of the features and powers and there is no mention of competition among them.