The themes, concepts, and designs of Pokemon have been in existence for the past two long decades. For every kid who belongs to the nineties, some of the most nostalgic childhood memories are definitely associated with watching pokemon and dreaming of owning them in life.
The pokemon experience has always been magical due to its fun-filled surprises and mysteriously thrilling adventures.
The world of pokemon offers a fantastic diversity of 893 interesting pokemon. With modern designs and advancing technologies, cool new additions are being made to every existing type of pokemon available.
Each new pokemon comes with its unique new characteristics, features, looks, and designs which never fails to excite and impress the thrill of pokemon fans.
Some of the most well-known pokemon types are grass, poison, fire, flying, fairy, ghost, steel, psychic, electric, ice among many others. One type that always draws my attention is the ‘ice’ type of pokemon.
These pokemon are fun, cute, and unique. These pokemon have extraordinary powers, strengths, attractive looks, and weaknesses which make them distinguishably different from the other types.
Introduction of Ice Type Pokemon:-
Ice-type pokemon have been in existence from the very beginning of the Pokemon creations. The first introduction of ice type pokemon happened in the very first generation of the pokemon series.
There are many known pokemon who are vulnerable to ice type pokemon’s moves. Some of them are Salamence, Landorus, Dragonite, Garchomp, Onix, and Thundurus, among many others.
Ice-type pokemon are known to be extremely effective against flying, grass, ground, and dragon types and are known to be vulnerable to fighting, steel, fire, and rock type pokemon.
Although ice type pokemon are super cool and very powerful, they are not very effective against steel, water, and fire type pokemon. Some of the best ice type pokemon are glaceon,glalie,lapras, weavile, mamoswine, froslass, abomasnow, aurorus, kyurem, jynx, vanilluxe and articuno among many others.
Colors of Ice Type Pokemon:-
Ice-type pokemon can be clearly distinguished by their unique look at first sight. The overall color theme of these types of pokemon is arctic and pastel.
Although there are interesting exceptions to the colors used for these pokemon, the most dominant colors used are white, arctic blue, black, grey, sky blue, cobalt blue, light yellow, ocean blue, and ocean green. Some color exceptions are red, orange, green, and pink, but these colors are scarce and unusual.
These ice type pokemon are cute in their own creepy ways. They are not as physically appealing as fairy types, but their designs are fun, unique, and trendy.
Ice-type pokemon are absolutely immune to freezing, hail, and extreme cold. These types of pokemon can demonstrate breathtakingly beautiful moves and can learn any new action swiftly.
Best Ice Type Pokemon Of All Times 👌👌
Below mentioned is a list of some of the best, most powerful, and interesting ice type pokemon of all times.
Snom is a worm pokemon that belongs to both the ice type and the bug type. Snom is fifty percent male and fifty percent female with a catch rate of 35.2%. ‘Shield Dust’ is snom’s unique ability. It also has a hidden ability which is known as ‘ice scales’.
Its height is 0.3m, and its weight is 3.8kg. It is known to be medium-fast and is white in color. Snom was first introduced in generation eight. It is said that snom was evolved into frosmoth at night in case it is leveled up with high friendship.
Snom’s appearance is worm-like, and it is a tiny while coloured pokemon. Its entire body is covered with a semi-transparent shell which is made up of icy spikes.
Snom has big black eyes and four short and tiny legs under its body. One very interesting feature that snom owns is the method of its disguise.
This pokemon uses a thread-like structure that comes out of its mouth to fix itself to the branch of a tree in its sleep time, it disguises itself like an icicle.
Snom eats up the snow that remains piled up on the grounds. Consumption of snow makes its spikes larger, sharper, and more robust. Snoms can be easily satisfied if given a continuous supply of food.
- Snoms are not very aggressive by nature and are usually very friendly.
- These creatures have very strong and impressive spikes on their backs which they can use for their defense.
- They are very easily satisfied. They love food and can be pleased with the food. Snoms are definitely one of the best ice type pokemon.
Dewgong is a sea lion-like looking pokemon that belongs to both the water and the ice type. ‘Hydration’ is one of dewgong’s abilities. Dewgong also has a special hidden ability which is known as ‘Ice Body’.
It is fifty percent male and fifty percent female with a catch rate of 17.5 %. Dewgong’s height is 1.7m, and its weight is 120 kg with a medium-fast leveling rate. Dewgong was first introduced in generation one and is known to have evolved from a seal.
Dewgong is snowy white in color and has a cute, chubby, furry body. The furry body protects it from extreme snowy conditions. It has two big cute black eyes along with a cute little black nose and two big tusks.
Just like a Seal’s body, dewgong’s body is streamlined with a couple of flippers in front and a long tail behind.
Dewgong is an excellent swimmer and swims at the speed of eight knots. It can swim in extreme icy cold water and extreme temperature. Dewgong has a very sharp horn on its head which it uses to cut through ice and snow.
Dewgong’s habitat is usually in frozen icebergs which are afloat on the cold ocean water. Thus these unique creatures are much more active in cold temperatures and ambiance.
- Dewgong has a unique ability through which it stores thermal energy in its body. Due to this feature, a dewgong can survive in extremely cold temperatures.
- These creatures are friendly creatures but are extremely powerful by the night when it hunts for its food.
- They can survive and fight in extremely cold temperatures which certainly makes them one of the best ice type pokemon.
3. Mr. RIME
Mr Rime is a comedian who belongs to both ice and psychic types. Mr Rime is fifty percent male and fifty percent female with a catch rate of 11.9%.
‘Screen Cleaner’ is Mr Rime’s unique ability along with ‘Ice Body’. Mr Rime has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 58.2kg with a medium-fast leveling rate.
It was first introduced in the eighth generation of pokemon. Just like Mr Mime, Mr Rime is also a bipedal humanoid pokemon. Mr Rime looks just like a clown with black hair.
It wears a purple-blue suit with red and yellow detailing. Mr Rime always carries a blue stick-like structure in his hand which is made up of ice.
Mr Rime’s positives:-
- Mr. Rime is an expert in tap dancing and demonstrates some of the most graceful dance moves using its ice stick.
- It has this unique ability to emit psychic powers using the red and yellow pattern on his belly. This definitely makes him one of the best ice type pokemon.
Ninetales is an ice-fairy type Pokemon that resembles a snow fox. It has a height of 1.1m and a weight of 19.9 kg and is known to be medium-fast.
This type of Pokemon was introduced in generation one. This Pokemon is covered in bushy, luxurious pale blue fur. It has beautiful slender legs and nine long bushy tails. It has pointed ears and blue eyes.
These nine tails are known to be very intelligent as well as vengeful pokemon. It is said that these nine tails can live up to a thousand years using the mystical, magical powers stored in its nine tails. These Alolan Ninetales are found in the Alola region of Mt. Lanakila, which is known to be a holy place.
- It is known that Alolan Ninetales are very gentle and have a calm and kind temperament. It is known to help humans who are lost in distress.
- Although these creatures are calm they can be extremely fierce and can punish offenders.
- It is said that these creatures can produce crystals made of ice using their fur. These creatures use these crystals to protect and defend themselves and make it to the list of some of the best ice-fairy type pokemon.
Froslass is a snow land pokemon that belongs to both ghost and ice types. Froslass is 100% female with a catch rate of 17.5%. ‘Snow Cloak’ is its special ability with another hidden ability which is known as ‘Cursed Body’. Froslass has a height of 1.3m and a weight of 26.6kg with a medium-fast leveling rate.
Froslass was first introduced in the fourth generation of pokemon. The evolution of froslass has happened from female snorunt, when it was exposed to a ‘Dawn Glalie’.
It is said the froslass is a humanoid pokemon. Froslass wears a torso that is hollow from within and looks just like a kimono. It has no legs and it floats in the air almost giving out a ghostly effect.
Froslass wears an orange waistband and has its hands connected to the side of its head. There is a presence of a couple of ice crystals on froslass’s head which almost resembles horns.
Froslass has two big crystal-like eyes which are in the color combination of purple, blue and yellow. Froslass’s face is always covered with a mask.
It lives in a frozen climate and has the super power-like ability to freeze its enemies with its -58 degrees Fahrenheit cold breath. Froslass is a man-eater but often it satisfies its hunger with frozen souls.
- Froslass can create breathtaking illusions to manipulate other enemies.
- They are not very friendly but are known to be excellent competitors and make it to the best ice type pokemon list.
At the time of our research on Best Ice Type Pokemon Of All Times, we found a video about “Which Mythical Pokémon Is Your Guardian?” which is worth watching.
Articuno is known to be a cruel pokemon who belongs to the ice and flying type. Articuno has a catch rate of 1.6 % and does not have a specified gender.
Articuno is a very competitive pokemon with a height of 1.7m and a weight of 55.4kg. Its leveling rate is comparatively slow, but it is known to be a ruthless creature.
Articuno was first introduced in generation one. Articuno is known to be one of the three legendary beasts of Kanto. It is said that articuno has frozen wings made of ice. This entire creature is mono-colored and comes in shades, tints, and tones of blue.
- One of the most unique superpowers that articuno possesses is that it can control ice in its own free will.
- While flying, articuno can use its wings to freeze the moisture in the air. This often results in snowfall.
- Articuno helps and guides lost travelers to find their way.
- Articuno has the ability to live in extremely cold temperatures and is said to be one of the best ice type pokemon.
Lapras is a water-ice type pokemon who is fifty percent male and fifty percent female. Lapras comes with the special power of ‘Water Absorbent Armor’ and a catch rate of 11.9%.
Lapras usually has a height of 2.5m and a weight of 220 kg and comes with a pretty slow leveling rate. Lapras is one of the oldest known ice type pokemon and was first introduced in the first generation. Lapras is also known to have a ‘Gigantamax’ form.
Lapras is a large dinosaur-like pokemon who is also known as a sea pokemon. Lapras is completely blue in color with light yellowish detailings on its lower portions.
It has a big grey shell on its back and has big black eyes and a blue horn-like structure on its head. Lapras is very kind and helpful by nature and loves to help people cross the water bodies.
- Lapras is a large, friendly, kind, loving, and helpful pokemon who loves to help people cross water bodies.
- It is a very intelligent pokemon and is known to understand human speech and communicate with humans.
- It is said that lapras is a very fast learner and can learn and develop psychic abilities like ‘telepathy’.
- These creatures sing beautiful songs to communicate with other creatures of the same species and make it to the best ice type pokemon list.
8. Mr. MIME
Mr. Mime is a psychic/ice/fairy type Pokemon who is also known as a barrier Pokemon or a dancing Pokemon. Mr. Mime is 50% male and 50% female with a height of 1.3m and a weight of 54.5kg.
The first introduction of Mr mime had happened in generation one when it used to be a pure psychic type Pokemon. Later in generation six, it became a psychic fairy type Pokemon. Mr. Mime is known to be a psychic bipedal humanoid pokemon.
Mr. Mime has a mute pinkish head with blue hair giving him a clown-like appearance. The body structure of Mr Mime is round with pink arms and legs.
Mr Mime has funny looking pink circular structures all over its body with blue feet and blue horns. It has white hands with pink fingertips on all fingers.
This pokemon has this unique feature through which it can change air molecules into solids using its fingertips. It can use this ability to create invisible elements by just using gestures. Mr. Mime doesn’t like an interruption and punishes people who interrupt him. Mr. Mime is usually found in suburban areas.
Mr. Mime’s Positives:-
- Mr Mime has this unique ability to change air molecules into solids. Using this ability he can create any element using just gestures.
- It also has this unique feature through which it creates unique auras using just its fingertips to protect itself and others. Such powers make it one of the most powerful and ice-fairy type pokemon in existence.
Glaceon is a fresh snow kind of pokemon who belongs to the ice type. Glaceon is an 87.5 % male and a 12.5 % female pokemon with a catch rate of 11.9%. ‘Snow Clock’ is its extraordinary ability, along with ‘Ice Body’ being its unique hidden ability.
Glaceon has a height of 0.8m and a weight of 25.9 kg with a medium-fast leveling rate. Glaceon was first introduced in the fourth generation. Its evolution happens from ‘Eevee’ when it is brought forward an ice stone.
Glaceon is a super cute looking mammal pokemon who is wrapped up in bluish fur. It is said that these furs can be frozen into sharp quills. It has cute blue hair, crystal-like big glowing eyes, sharp-pointed dual-toned hair, and a medium-long bluish tale.
- Glaceon has a unique power through which it can control its own body temperature. Due to this, any amount of moisture in the air surrounding glaceon’s body usually turns into ice crystals.
- These creatures can also freeze its own fur, turning it into a solid and strong shell-like feature that it uses in its own defense.
- They are very friendly by nature and usually live in humans’ care and certainly is one of the best ice type pokemon.
Vanilluxe is a snowstorm kind of pokemon which solely belongs to the ice type. It is a fifty percent male and a fifty percent female pokemon with a catch rate of 11.9 %.
Vanilluxe has a height of 1.3m and a weight of 57.5kg with a comparatively slow leveling rate. Vanilluxe was first introduced in the fifth generation. It is said that Vanilluxe’s evolution happens from ‘Vanillish’ and it is known to be the final form of ‘Vanillite’.
Vanilluxe is an ice cream-like looking pokemon resembling two scoops of white vanilla ice cream, thus it is said that it has two heads. Both the heads that belong to vanilluxe have two purple eyes and one cute little purple mouth.
It also has two tiny little arms on both the sides and three spike or cone-like looking structures below the body. The two cones on either side are of the same size and are smaller than the big cone located right in the center.
A hollow straw-like structure pops up from the center of its left head. Vanilluxe’s entire body is covered with ice cream crystals giving it a melting or dripping effect.
- Vanilluxe has a unique ability to create snow anywhere and anytime. This quality surely makes it one of the best available ice type pokemon of all times.
- These creatures also have the power to store large quantities of water which it can use later on to create internal snow clouds.
- It won’t really be a problem for vanilluxe if it loses one of its heads.
- When both of vanilluxe’s heads get angry, it gives out powerful blizzards as its defense.
- Vanilluxe is a fierce and robust ice type pokemon.
The entire pokemon world is known to be super dramatic, enigmatic, and fun. It never fails to offer new adventures and new surprises to its viewers.
Every type of pokemon is fun to watch, with the modern contribution of science and technology it is very difficult to choose between all of them. All of them are improving, look wise, and power wise with every single evolution.
The pokemon as mentioned earlier are some of the best ice types pokemon that are available. In this context, it is very important to mention that each and every pokemon belonging to the ice type is absolutely amazing and unique in its own way.
This list is made purely by keeping in mind the uniqueness of each pokemon’s features and powers along with their crazy looks. This list has no mention of any competition between them.