This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to Best tablets for seniors in 2021. 😎
The best part? 🤔
We did the manual review of 21 tablets available in the current market based on the Features, ease of use, and other buyer’s review and we came to 9 of the Best Tablets For Seniors which is worth buying for our readers. 👌
So without further ado, let’s get started… 🎭
The younger generation is known for their affinity towards new innovations and sleek designs especially when it comes to phones and other communication gadgets.
As true as this is, we must also know that seniors are not left out of the cravings for sleek, chic, and innovative designs. They may be regarded as people of the analog generation, but the truth is a lot of them crave digital technology and new innovations like us.
As much as they crave newer and better gadgets, it must also be known that these are individuals who are not as abreast as the younger generation when it comes to operating and using the new communications gadgets available in the market.
Some of the modus operandi might look cumbersome or incomprehensible to them and most times, they don’t even have the patience to put in a lot of time to discover how to operate a particular product or brand, and as such, it is important that the seniors go for gadgets that are easy to operate at all times.
It is also pertinent that the gadgets they use come with some features that are compatible with their lifestyle as against the hip and energetic lifestyles of the younger generation.
In lieu of this, we have thoroughly conducted market research to come up with the best tablets which are compatible with the lifestyles and demands of the seniors that are currently available in the market.
We did a thorough examination of the features, budgets, and ease of use to make sure that all the products which are featured on our list have what it takes to cater to the demands of the seniors at all times without any form of hassle.
Best Tablets For Seniors: Our Top Pick 👌👌
In no particular order, these are the best tablets for seniors that are currently available in the market.
1. Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0
The Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0 Inch 32 GB Tablet is a product that has all the basic features that would make it a very good choice for seniors.
This gold-colored tablet comes with an 8.0-inch screen which is big enough for the seniors to use as they deem fit.
With a 32 GB hard drive, there is absolutely enough space to store enough materials and data that could be used over and over again.
This tablet also comes with a battery life that can last as long as 10 hours depending on usage on just about 2 hours charging time.
This would be good news for the seniors as they are more likely to fall in love with a product that can last a long period after a charge.
It also comes with a product weight of 0.84 pounds and a built-in Intel Atom Z3735G 1.4 GHz processor. It comes with a maximum screen resolution of 1280×800 pixels and a RAM of 1 GB.
Another thing to note is, this tablet comes with a lithium-ion battery and operates on the Windows 8.1 operating system. This tablet comes with a number of positive reviews and it is a great option every senior should consider.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- 0 inches screen which is wide enough for the viewing experience.
- It comes with a 32 GB hard drive.
- Enhanced with a maximum screen resolution of 1280×800 pixels.
- It comes with all-around positive reviews from customers.
- The lithium-ion battery can last for about 10 hours 🔋 on just about 2 hours of charge time.
- Comes with a front and rear camera; all HD and autofocus.
- It has no provisions for enlarging texts on its mail app.
- With the Windows 8.1 operating system, a lot is still desired as it could get slow sometimes.
- At about $170, the price is on the high side.
2. Lenovo Tab 4 10.1 Android Tablet
The Lenovo Tab 4 10.1 Android Tablet is an option that every senior must consider when looking to get a highly functional, comfortable, and user-friendly tablet.
This sleek design tablet offers a wide range of features that make it the go-to option for a lot of senior citizens. It comes with a 4 to10 inch screen and 2GB of RAM.
You would also get a 16GB hard drive and a quad-core processor. As a matter of fact, this is a tablet that is designed to feature all the innovative features that you find in a modern tablet but still offers the ease of use that makes it the perfect option for the seniors.
You don’t actually need to hold this tablet before getting the best out of it. With just a voice command, you can make this tablet do a lot of things for you.
With the 10.1 inch HD display, there is no dull time viewing pictures and videos. You are able to see your pictures and videos in high definition and enjoy the experience more.
When it comes to sharing files between the seniors or with any other person, it is very easy as you are afforded the chance to share files and data easily on this device.
This device also offers 2 in 1 android tablet function with a productivity interface that features a Bluetooth keyboard that also doubles as a stand and productive sleeve.
You also get a battery life of about 10 hours in a 2 hours charge time and a cinema-like sound experience when watching a movie on this tablet which makes it fit in our best tablets for seniors list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lenovo Tab 4 10.1 Android Tablet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- The high definition of visual and sound experience.
- Offers 2 in one android function.
- You get up to 10 hours of time 🔋to enjoy all the features of this tablet after just 2 hours of charge time.
- It comes with a voice command function which makes for easy use.
- It comes with 2 GB RAM and a 16 GB hard drive.
- It comes with a highly functional quad-core processor.
- Perhaps, the only issue one could point out in this tablet is that it is not cheap at a price of around $125.
3. All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet
The All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet has all it takes for every senior to fall in love with it. Its ease of use and top-notch quality stands it out among many options.
With this tablet, you would get a vibrant 8 inches HD display for your viewing pleasure. This tablet also comes with a powerful 1.3 GHz quad-core processor that makes it very fast and efficient when surfing the net.
You also get stereo speakers and Dolby audio for great audio and sound experience. This tablet comes with 1.5 GB RAM and a 16 GB hard drive which allows for ample storage space.
You are also afforded the chance to add a micro SD card of up to 400 GB to store your movies, music, and television shows.
With a battery life of 10 hours, you can enjoy all the features available in this product for a long-lasting time without the fear of going off.
This tablet also comes with the Alexa hands-free app which allows the seniors to pause videos, play music, open apps, show live scores, display weathers, and a host of other things as you desire by just leaving a voice command.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- Comes with the Alexa app which makes it easy to do a lot of things with just a voice command.
- It comes with a vibrant 8-inch high definition display which makes viewing of your pictures and videos worthwhile.
- It comes with a battery life of 10 hours.
- You are afforded the chance to input a micro SD card of up to 400 GB capacity for offline use.
- It comes with 1.5 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage.
- At a price of just $49.99, it is quite affordable for the seniors.
- The battery takes up to 6 hours charging time before it can be fully charged which is way too much.
- There is no noticeable improvement on this tablet in the areas of quad-core processor and memory when compared to the older version.
At the time of our research on “Best Tablets For Seniors”, we found a video about “What Is Your Mental Age? (Quick Test)” which is worth watching. 🏆👓🐱🐉
4. Apple iPad Mini MD535LL/A
The Apple brand is largely synonymous with quality and style and this particular product is not an exemption to that known rule. This black colored tablet comes with Wi-Fi and AT and T 4G functions.
It also comes with a 32 GB hard drive which is enough to store enough files and data for your use. You also get up to 10 hours of battery life after a full charge and it comes in at a product weight of 0.69 lbs which is lightweight enough for the use of seniors.
You also get a 1 GB RAM and a 7.9 inch LED Backlit multi-touch display. It comes with Apple iOS 6 and a dual-core A5 chip.
With the Apple iPad Mini MD535LL/A, you get a 5MP iSight camera that enhances the highest quality pictures and also a 1080p HD Video recording that ensures each video recorded in high definition.
Overall, this is a highly rated tablet that comes with a lot of admirable qualities while still being very easy to use.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Apple iPad Mini MD535LL/A that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- Can last up to 10 hours on a single charge.
- It comes with a 5MP iSight camera that ensures you get the highest quality pictures at all times.
- It comes with a 1080p HD video recording that ensures every video recorded is high definition.
- You have the chance to upgrade your Apple iOS to the latest one whenever it becomes available.
- You get a 32 GB hard drive to store enough files and date.
- It comes with a 7.9 inch LED Backlit Multi-touch display.
- It comes in at a price of $175 which is on the high side.
- Just like most of the apple products, this tablet is very fragile and can be badly damaged if it falls.
5. Dell XPS 10 XPS10-2727BLK Tablet
This tablet from the Dell brand is highly rated by buyers and experts and it is a very good option for seniors who are looking for a multi-purpose tablet that is able to function at an optimal level.
Just like all Dell products, it offers a lot of quality and durability. In fact, it has some features that could make it a substitute for a PC.
If you are a senior who is not that interested in getting a PC because of its weight, this could be the go-to option for you as it comes with a lot of windows options like the office and other window apps that make it ideal for work use.
This tablet offers a 10-inch screen and it can easily be connected to a Wi-Fi spot. It also comes with an optional mobile keyboard dock and an additional battery which gives you all-day productivity.
You also get 2 GB RAM and 32 GB flash memory. With a maximum screen resolution of 1366 x 768, your visual experience would never be the same again.
This powerfully built Dell tablet also comes with a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 and a 10 hours battery life which allows for longer use and a more enjoyable experience which makes it fit in our best tablets for seniors list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Dell XPS 10 XPS10-2727BLK Tablet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- It comes with a 32 GB flash memory drive.
- It can last for as long as 10 hours when fully charged.
- It comes with a powerful 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4.
- It could be a substitute for a laptop as it comes with features that allow it to function as a work device.
- It comes with a 10-inch screen and a maximum screen resolution of 1366 x 768 which makes viewing very enjoyable.
- Some users have complained that it is too heavy.
- At a price of $120, it is not cheap.
- Buyers would need to buy a lithium-ion battery as it doesn’t come with one.
6. Sony Xperia 16 GB 9.4 Inch Tablet
The Sony Xperia 16 GB 9.4 Inch Tablet is another product we are happy to recommend to the seniors. This Sony brand tablet comes with a sleek design that offers a class, quality, and ease of use.
All seniors who are tech-savvy and loves innovation should consider investing in this tablet. It comes with a 9.4 inches display and a maximum screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
With this innovatively designed tablet, a senior is allowed to control nearly all the home appliances by turning this tablet into a remote. You can control your TV, sound system, cable box, etc. with just a one-touch control function. You can also get access to news, sports scores, stream online videos, etc.
by using voice commands on this tablet. It comes with an android 4.0 ice cream sandwich which makes it as fast as possible. With this tablet, you also get 1 GB RAM and a 16 GB hard drive.
It also comes with a Graphics co-processor from the respected NVIDIA GeForce which allows you to get the best graphics at all times. This tablet can last for 10 hours in just a full charge and this would allow for a lot of playtime and great user experiences.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Sony Xperia 16 GB 9.4 Inch Tablet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- It comes with 10 hours of playtime.
- It allows for voice command and can even be turned into a remote controller for household gadgets.
- It comes with high-quality rear pictures with the 8.0 MP rear webcam resolutions it comes with.
- It comes with 1.0 GB RAM and a 16 GB hard drive.
- It comes with both front and rear camera all of which is high definition.
- At a price of $170, it is quite expensive.
- Some users have said it is quite heavy.
- This tablet does not support GSM SIM cards and can only work with Wi-Fi.
7. ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C-C1-BK 10.1 IPS Tablet
The ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C-C1-BK 10.1 IPS Tablet is another option that the tech-savvy seniors must consider investing in. This tablet can be used as a PC and a work tool considering its features.
This black colored tablet also comes with a Bluetooth enhancement and windows 8 system functions. This tablet is super fast, highly responsive, and beautifully designed to provide to suit the pleasure and business needs of the seniors that put it to use.
It comes with a lightweight of 1.3 lbs which makes it easy to carry and use by senior citizens without much fuss. You are allowed to use a wide range of options by just a simple voice command and this means lesser efforts for the seniors.
The tablet comes with a front and rear camera all of which are high definition and you also get a one-year limited warranty by investing in it.
With this product, you would get a screen size of 10.1 inches, 2 GB RAM as well as a 64 GB flash memory.
Overall, this is a highly rated product with a lot of positive reviews and all seniors should consider getting it if their budget permits.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C-C1-BK 10.1 IPS Tablet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- It is lightweight, easy to carry, and use.
- It comes with a large screen of 10.1 inches.
- It is super fast and highly responsive.
- With 2 GB RAM and 64 GB flash memory, there is ample space for you to use for your files and data.
- Buyers usually get a one-year limited warranty which is great protection for their investment.
- It comes with windows 8 and it is able to do most of the tasks a laptop could do which makes it very desirable.
- It is fragile and can be easily shattered if not handled with utmost care.
- At a price of $120, this tablet is quite expensive.
- It doesn’t come with a keyboard and you would likely have to get it on your own.
8. Apple iPad with Retina Display MD511LL/A
The Apple iPad with Retina Display MD511LL/A is the second apple product making our list of the best tablets that the seniors should go for in the market right now.
This tablet is a 4th generation gadget that has been refurbished for the use of the seniors of today.
It combines a lot of features from the 4th generation to what we have now which makes it a very good option for seniors who are looking for a tablet that offers ease of use while still paying attention to the latest innovation.
This black-colored tablet comes with a 32 GB hard drive and 1GB RAM which allows the user to store as many songs, files, photos, and videos as desired.
It comes with a 9.7-inch multi-touch screen with a retina display which ensures that the user gets the best quality images whenever this tablet is being put to use.
The tablet also comes with a dual-core Apple A6X processor with quad-core graphics. You can easily connect this tablet with stereo speakers and microphones for the best audio experience.
Seniors who are fond of using headphones can also connect this tablet to any 3.5mm headphone jack for the best personal listening experience. This tablet is designed with a front camera of 1.2MP and a rear-facing camera with a high definition quality of 5.0 MP iSight camera function.
With this tablet, you are afforded the chance to run millions of apps, music, videos, pictures, and games from the iTunes store without the fear of the device running out of power as the battery can last as long as 10 hours on just about 2 hours charge time.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Apple iPad with Retina Display MD511LL/A that earned it a spot in our list of Best Tablets For Seniors to get in 2021.
- You are afforded a 90 days supplier warranty.
- This tablet is compatible with both Mac and Windows platforms.
- The battery can last for as long as 10 hours on just 2 hours of charging time.
- It comes with a high definition front and rear camera.
- It comes with a 32 GB hard drive which ensures there is enough space to store your music, movies, files, and pictures.
- It can be connected to stereo speakers and microphones.
- It is compatible with nearly all 3.5mm headphones jack.
- At a price of $182.69, this tablet is quite expensive.
- It requires a lithium polymer battery to function, but it doesn’t come with one and the user would have to buy one before using it.
- This tablet does not accept a flash drive.
Best Tablets For Seniors:- What To Consider
There are quite a few factors that must be considered by seniors or anyone who is trying to get a tablet for the use of senior citizens. We have listed a few of them below.
🎎Ease of Use:-
This is probably one of the most important things to consider when trying to buy a tablet for a senior. Most of the seniors are not from this generation and it could be cumbersome to understand some of the things that a millennial would comprehend in no time.
Hence, it is important that the tablet a senior would use is easy to use and understand without any form of complications.
Before investing in a tablet for seniors, it is important to look at the features and determine if they are compatible with the senior who is to use it. The features should be something that would make life easier for the senior at all times.
For instance, a tablet that has a highly functional voice command mechanism would be very easy for a senior as it would be easy to just make commands through voice rather than touching the pads at all times.
It is very important to consider the reviews of the buyers when trying to choose a tablet for the seniors. There are a lot of products out there that don’t actually do half of what was promised and you can easily avoid falling into such traps by going through the reviews of the buyers.
After all, the buyers have bought and used the same tablet before and they would be able to accurately tell you what to expect from the product you are trying to buy.
Precautions and Maintenance of Tablets
There are some precautions and maintenance routines you must follow to get the best out of every tablet that you invest in. They include:
- You should clean the tablets from time to time to keep them functioning at the optimal level.
- You should avoid cleaning the tablet with water or any other kind of liquid as it could damage the tablet, especially the touch functions.
- Keep all tablets away from kids.
- All tablets should be kept away from the sun.
- When you need to repair anything, you are advised to seek the counsel of a recommended technician.
- Do not charge the battery with a charger that is not recommended.
- Once you are done charging, remove the tablet’s charger from the power source.
📗FAQ’s on Best Tablets For Seniors
Below are a couple of queries on Best Tablets For Seniors that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
What is the easiest tablet for seniors to use?
1. Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0 2. Lenovo Tab 4 10.1 Android Tablet 3. All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet 4. Apple iPad Mini MD535LL/A 5. Dell XPS 10 XPS10-2727BLK Tablet
Is iPad easy to use for seniors?
Apple iPad Mini MD535LL/A is the best one for Seniors.
Which Kindle is best for seniors?
Amazon's Kindle Paperwhite
How much is GrandPad monthly?
A GrandPad Subscription is $40/month, which includes: Unlimited Data Use. Unlimited Ad Free Streaming Music.
Do you need Internet for GrandPad?
No, the GrandPad comes with 4G LTE configured and ready to go. No setup, no extra bill.
The above-listed tablets are the best available in the market currently for the use of senior citizens. They offer great qualities and ease of use to ensure the seniors do not encounter any kind of complications while operating them. They all come highly recommended and you should not hesitate before investing in any of them.