Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Drawing Tablets to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
Technology has evolved over the years, which makes literally everything easier and faster. For many professionals in different fields, there are several equipment they can use to make their jobs easier and faster.
For graphic designers, the most important equipment is a drawing tablet. A drawing tablet allows its user to make creative choices in the design and delivery of a job. The tablets make it highly convenient to get a job done, regardless of your location. There are many other reasons why a tablet is far more efficient when compared to a computer.
The technology used in making these tablets are incomparable and are currently advancing with the times. Hence, you stand a lot to gain from utilizing the most recent variations of drawing tablets. Purchasing a drawing tablet involves the consideration of a lot of factors.
Some of these are; the cost, size, battery, pressure sensitivity, OS and software compatibility, and others. Ultimately, your choice should be more inclined towards what will get the job done.
Regardless of what the use of your tablet might be, purchasing drawing tablets of good quality is very important. Thus, this article will give an in-depth analysis of some of the best drawing tablets to buy in 2019. This analysis will contain the specifications, as well as, the pros and cons of each drawing tablet.
Here is The List of Best Drawing Tablets To Buy in 2019
1. XP-PEN Artist15.6
The XP Pen drawing tablet is one of the best drawing tablets any professional looking for new gear should purchase. This amazing equipment costs a little over $300 and has a ton of benefits from its usage.
Crafted with the newest F900 high tech IC, this drawing tablet takes stroking to a new level. This is definitely a great addition to anyone that needs to expand their skills.
- 6inches 1920X1080 high definition display performance
- 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity
- USB-C cables for plugging in your tablet for charging
- 6 customizable express keys, which also, benefits its user ergonomically
- Graphics ports support HDMI cables and USB
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The XP-PEN Artist15.6.
- Matte screen for good quality display
- The pen doesn’t need batteries or charging frequently
- 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, allowing its user to make a comfortable choice
- Compatible with design software like; Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator, Clip Studio, and many others
- Highly compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, MAC OS 10.10
- Great for drawing any type of strokes easily.
- It is created for both left and right-hand users
The only con that has been noticed by a few users is the fact that there is a type of glitch when it is used with a MAC.
Note:- The XP Pen Artist drawing tablet is an overall great drawing tablet depending on the features you’re searching for. It has enough benefits to fit the price, and as such, is relatively affordable.
2. Wacom Intuos Pro Digital Tablet
The Wacom Intuos Pro Digital Tablet is the perfect tablet for graphic designers, who want to improve on their designs.
The Wacom Intuos Pro is manufactured with a sleek design that offers natural control. It, also, comes with different pen tips that allow an artist to choose the very best. A number of great materials were used in the manufacture of this pen.
Some examples are; black anodized aluminum and fiberglass composite resin. This tablet helps the artist improve on their creativity and get the best of all the available features.
- Over 8192 pressure sensitivity levels for artists to work with
- Bluetooth classic connection, which enables a wireless connection to a PC
- Supports Window 7 and MAC 10.10 software
- The large size of a tablet with a dimension of 16.8” X 11.2” and an active area of 12.4” X 8.4”
- Multi-touch gestures and customizable express keys
- 1 Lithium Polymer battery
- Weighs about 2.86 pounds
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Wacom Intuos Pro Digital Tablet.
- A toggle switch at the side for easily turning the tablet on and off easily
- It supports a local wireless Bluetooth network easily
- It offers the possibility of switching the pen tips
- The paper edition allows the user to draw on paper. Also, what’s great is the fact that it lets him transfer it to his PC after.
- Great pen performance as a result of 8192 pressure sensitivity levels and tilt support
- Shortcut keys, making it easier to navigate around your necessary tools
- The pen nibs wore out faster, because of the tablet’s rough surface.
Note:- The Wacom Intuos Pro digital drawing tablet is a great choice for artists, who want to express themselves freely. Even though the pen comes with changeable pen nibs, it wears off easily because of the rough surface of the tablet.
3. Ugee 1910B Interactive Tablet
The Ugee 1910B Interactive tablet is basically an LCD screen. The tablet shows the drawing clearly on the screen as an artist works progressively.
This interactive tablet is great for drawing and paintings. It is available in two monitor models; extensive and duplicate. Both of these monitor models can be interchanged whenever the user decides.
- Screen size 19.1 inches
- Dimensions of the product are 21 X 18.5 X 7 inches
- 2048 pressure sensitivity levels
- 1440 X 900 display resolution
- Compatibility with Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10. It is, also, compatible with MAC OS and different design software like; Autodesk, Photoshop, and Corel Painter.
- It comes with 2 original rechargeable pens.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Ugee 1910B Interactive Tablet.
- Over 2048 pen pressure sensitivity levels
- A 19” screen makes it easy and more effective to draw
- The screen doesn’t get hot, as it is created to be used in only a cold and cool environment.
- 2 original pens making it easier to get a replacement if one shows up missing.
- The screen isn’t HD, which affects the display of a drawing or painting.
- The color resolution isn’t accurate
- The screen is too glossy, causing the images to be low quality.
Note:- Although the Ugee 1910B interactive drawing has a lot of problems with its monitor, this drawing tablet is still a good choice. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, plus, the cons can be adjusted. For example, you can alter the glossiness of the screen by using a matte finish glass protector.
4. Huion H610 Pro Drawing Tablet
The Huion H610 Pro drawing tablet is a good medium sized tablet created to make drawing feel easy and creative. Its improved papery quality makes it easy for artists to sketch without worrying about slipping.
Its pen is lightweight and features 2048 pressure sensitivity levels. Hence, it is easier to grasp and work with on your own terms.
- A large drawing screen of 10 by 6.25 inches
- 8 customizable buttons and 16 hotkeys used for the purpose of zooming in and out, and scrolling.
- A black glove that reduces friction between the tablet and your hand
- A rechargeable light pen with over 2048 pressure sensitivity levels
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10. It is, also, compatible with MAC OS and 10.8.0
- 1 Lithium battery
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Huion H610 Pro Drawing Tablet.
- The pen doesn’t require batteries, as it is rechargeable and can be charged via a USB port.
- The tablet is slim and aesthetically pleasing
- Made with 8 customizable buttons and hotkeys for easy navigation. This adds to the efficiency of the work being done by the user
- Gloves to reduce the friction between the tablet and the user’s hands
- It is not a great tablet for left-handed graphic designers
- Unlike other tablets, this specific variation has no option for wireless connections
- You may have some problems if you plug in the tablet before installing the drivers
Note:- The Huion H610 Pro drawing tablet is a good tablet worth its price. However, it doesn’t have a wireless connection like many others. Ultimately, the pros do outweigh the cons making it a great option.
5. Parblo Coast10 10.1″ Digital Drawing Tablet
The most amazing feature of the Parblo Coast 10 digital drawing tablet is its ergonomic feature. Unlike many other tablets, the Psrblo Coast 10 drawing tablet allows you to enjoy the screen from any direction.
It, also allows you to enjoy the screen while placing it conveniently on your thighs. The lightweight pen allows its user to create effortlessly and naturally as possible.
- 1-inch screen
- An LCD dimension of 11.4 X 8.3 X 0.73 inches
- An active area of 8.54 X 5.34 inches
- 7M in display color
- Unique and convenient design for all in one purpose
- 2048 pen pressure sensitivity levels
- The Parblo PR-01 two-finger gloves made in a free size for every hand. This glove reduces the friction between the user’s hand and the tablet.
- The pen is highly compatible with Windows XP and Vista.
- 4 USB 3.0 ports and a USB hub
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Parblo Coast10 10.1″ Digital Drawing Tablet.
- The great build quality of the tablet display
- A lightweight pen, which has ergonomic qualities
- 2048 pen pressure sensitivity levels
- The pen comes with two programmable buttons that allow you to customize certain commands.
The only con is the colors in the display, as they are not high definition like other tablets.
Note:- The Parblo 10 10.1 inch drawing tablet is a great choice for beginners. Its features are not as great when compared to others on this list, however, it gets the job done.
6. Wacom Cintiq 13″ Creative Pen Drawing Tablet
Wacom is by far one of the major brands known to pay attention to detail when creating tablets. The Wacom Cintiq creative pen drawing tablet offers its users a high-resolution display screen.
It also offers a display stand with which you can use to adjust the screen to different angles. Its lightweight feature makes this stand easily mobile and a favorite of many designers.
- 3 inches display monitor
- 5 LED touch buttons for easy access to any control.
- Three USB-C ports, an Sc-card reader and a headphone jack
- A medium sized pen with control buttons on it
- 1920 X 1080P display resolutions and capable of displaying 87% of the Adobe RDG Spectrum.
- 8000 pen pressure sensitivity levels
- Three stand positions; 22, 35 and 50 degrees.
- 9 replacement nibs and 3 colored rings for the drawing pen.
- An easily customizable control panel
- Very compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe and other painting software.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Wacom Cintiq 13″ Creative Pen Drawing Tablet.
- Great display resolution
- Amazing color rendering allowing your pictures to come out nicely
- Very light and convenient for travel
- Anti-glare properties; it has a matte finished appearance, as opposed to the glossiness most tablets have.
- Great customization and express keys
- Amazing drivers that are highly compatible for both Windows and MAC software
- Great compatibility with design software like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Pen replacement nibs, which are necessary for when anyone turns up missing.
- Very durable and up to par
The only con is the stand. Although necessary, it has limited functionality. It is a lot of work moving the stand around whenever you need to make an adjustment. Plus, it almost feels like it is less appealing to look at.
Note:- As a graphic artist striving for the best and to improve on your skills, purchasing the Wacom Cintiq 13” tablet is a great idea. Packed with a lot of benefits, this tablet is what you need to experiment and improve creatively.
This tablet makes the necessary skills you need to improve work naturally and effortlessly. The price, is also, worth the benefits attached to it.
7. Huion H420 Graphics Drawing Tablet
The Huion H420 graphic drawing tablet is packaged in a box with all of the necessary items required to get the best.
The pen acts as both a tool for drawing, as well as, scrolling through web pages. This makes it easier to make your drawings as you research. Also, with 3 express keys, you’re in full control and have easier access to any function or command.
- Active Area of 4 X 2.23”
- A screen of 10.75 inc.
- Dimension of 117.6mm X 112mm X 7.5mm
- 2048 pen pressure sensitivity levels
- 4000 Line per inch resolution
- 3 Express keys
- USB Interface support
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP and MAC OS 10.8.0
- Two fingers anti fouling glove
- Compatible with design programs like CorelDraw, Corel Painter, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Huion H420 Graphics Drawing Tablet.
- Very lightweight and portable for usage
- Customization of 3 express keys that allows its user to make use of it on any keyboard
- 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity to improve the strokes based on your preference
- Very ergonomic and highly responsive when being used. Hence, there isn’t any presence of lag.
- Gloves to prevent the friction between the user’s hands and the tablet to prevent wear over time.
- The room created for drawing might be too small for a lot of creative graphic designers
- It doesn’t offer wireless connections like many other tablets
- It requires software installation via a CD, which can be difficult for people who aren’t tech savvy.
Note:- Overall, the Huion H420 graphics drawing tablet is a great investment. It makes the best strokes and can be used as a replacement for your mouse. The different pen pressure sensitivity levels allow you to transition from a thick gradient to a thin one.
8. XP-PEN Star03 Graphic Drawing Tablet
The XP-Pen Star03 graphic tablet is a great addition to your workspace. Manufactured to mimic a paper rough texture, these tablets give off the feeling of drawing on paper.
Also, the active area gives you enough space to carry out your drawing easily and effectively. The eight shortcuts help the process of making commands easy while working.
- Dimensions of 14.2 x 8.3 x 0.3
- 8192 Pen pressure sensitivity levels
- An active area of 10” x 6”
- 5080 LPI resolution
- Compatibility with Windows 7, 8, 10 and MAC OS
- 8 Pen Nibs
- A passive pen
- 8 customizable shortcuts as you work
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The XP-PEN Star03 Graphic Drawing Tablet.
- A large active area for working creatively
- 8 shortcut keys that make giving commands easier and faster
- A good gradient of strokes gotten from 8192 pen pressure sensitivity and switching up to 8 pen nibs
- Very compatible with Photoshop CS6 and Paint Tool Sai
- Battery-free and non-rechargeable pen
- It isn’t compatible with certain software like Medibang Paint Pro and Drug pile
- No provision of an eraser on the pen
Note:- The XP-Pen Star03 drawing tablet generally has great reviews, as the pros clearly outweigh the cons. You have a non-rechargeable pen with different nibs to help with great strokes. Its the resolution is also, amazing so you can enjoy the active area.
9. Apple IPad 128GB
The Apple brand is one of the most well-known techs. brand in the world. All of the products manufactured by them have a ton of benefits. Hence, the Apple IPad pro is also, a great choice of equipment for graphic designers. The screen resolution is crisp and clear, plus, it allows the option of multitasking which makes it to perfectly fit in our The Best Drawing Tablets 2019 list.
The pencil is also, one of the best amongst many out there. The response rate is phenomenal and mimics drawing on actual paper.
- Tablet dimension 8.7 x 0.3 x 12 inches
- A screen is 12.9 inches
- Screen resolution of 1920 x 1080p
- RAM memory of 128GB
- Wireless connection
- Apple A10x processor
- HDR Video
- Truetone Display
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Apple IPad 128GB.
- Truetone display for a clear and crisp picture quality
- Wireless connection for any device
- Quick charge for the pen, with 15 seconds charge yielding over 30 minutes battery time.
- The pencil can be used for both drawing and scrolling through web pages
- Ultra-fast response times
- Highly compatible with Photoshop Sketch and Adobe Illustrator Draw
- It is only compatible with IOS software
Note:- The Apple IPad Pro is one of the best variations of drawing tablets right now. Its pencil is super versatile and has an ultra responsive rate. This versatility accompanied by the display resolution makes it great to work with.
10. Wacom Intuos Small Pen & Touch
The Wacom Intuos Small pen and touch comes packed with a lithium battery and a pen that doesn’t require charging.
This tablet is great for sketch drawing, as it comes with a pressure sensitive pen. If you’re searching for a pen and tablet that pays attention to the strokes, then this is a great option.
- Product dimensions of 8.2 x 0.4 x 6.7 inches
- 1 Lithium battery
- Compatible with MAC 10.8.5 and Windows 7, 8, 9, 10
- Comes with a pen that doesn’t require batteries and charging
- 1024 Pen pressure sensitivity levels
- 2048 LPI
- Highly compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 and MAC OS 10.8.5 and above
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Wacom Intuos Small Pen & Touch.
- Comes with a free art pack that contains a tutorial and Corel painter essentials
- It offers wireless connections
- Comes with a battery-free and pressure sensitive pen
- It is a small tablet, hence the active area is very minimal
- There is no option for an eraser on the pen
- A user needs to purchase a wireless kit to use the wireless connection option
Note:- The Wacom Intuos is a great tablet created for the purpose of introducing graphic designing to new artists. The free pack of tutorial helps a new artist navigate easily and effectively. This makes up for every con it might have. This tablet is highly recommended for new artists.
11. Wacom Intuos Comic Touch Tablet
The Wacom Intuos comic tablet is great for creating amazing animations, as well as, page layouts for them. This tablet comes with a free comic pack filled with all you would need to create your own animation. You can sketch, paint, draw, and navigate using the pen, as it replaces the mouse.
- Product dimensions 8.2 x 0.4 x 6.7 inches
- 1 nonstandard battery
- Comes with a free comic pack including a clip studio paint set
- 1024 pen pressure sensitivity levels
- The pen has over 133 pps response rate
- 2048 LPI resolution
- Battery-free stylus pen
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 and MAC OS 10.8 and above.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Wacom Intuos Comic Touch Tablet.
- Wireless connections enabled
- Comes with a free comic pack filled with a tutorial, as well as, a clip studio paint set
- Pressure sensitive pen, which ensures a balanced gradient of strokes
- Great picture resolution
- It is small and thus has a low active area
- It requires its users to purchase a wireless connection kit to use its wireless feature
- An absence of eraser on the stylus pen.
Note:- The Wacom Intuos Comic tablet is great for beginners looking to gain experience in ani. action drawing. The fact that it comes with a pack made to help the process easier makes it a recommended tool. This tablet should be a part of your list if you’re thinking of starting a career in animated graphics designing.
12. GAOMON PD1560 15″ Drawing Tablet
The GAOMON PD1560 graphic tablet is an amazing tablet that delivers as expected. With only great reviews, this amazing tablet takes being meticulous to the next level. With over 8192 pen pressure sensitivity levels, your strokes will be at its best.
This is regardless of how difficult your job is. Also, it’s 15 inches screen gives enough room for creativity. It is, also very compatible with Windows and IOS software, which allows its user to enjoy it on any device.
- An active area of 13.5 x 7.6 inches to enhance your creativity
- 8192 levels of rechargeable pen pressure sensitivity
- 10 express keys and 5 menu buttons to help with easy navigation
- Left-hand mode support for both Windows and IOS software
- 5080 LPI display resolution
- Over 233 PPS response rate for the pen
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 and MAC OS 10.11 and above
- Adjustable stand to properly place your tablet
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The GAOMON PD1560 15″ Drawing Tablet.
- A widescreen that allows its user enough space to enhance his creativity.
- 8192 pen pressure sensitivity levels that allow it user make the perfect sketch
- 10 shortcuts icons; you can give each a name, this way you can remember each
- The tablet is accompanied by two small finger gloves. This allows your finger to glide through easily as you work.
- Adjusting the stand can be a little tasking and difficult when trying to get the perfect angle.
- It is a bit inconvenient for travel, as it doesn’t offer a wireless connection option. Plus, the weight is quite heavier compared to a conventional tablet.
- Glossy screen. The screen doesn’t have the matte effect required for the drawing to look natural.
- Sensitive Installation settings, which might need several tries before it is successful.
Note:- The pros of the GAOMON PD1560 greatly outweigh the cons, unless mobility is your top priority. Hence, this tablet is perfect regardless of the purpose it is used for. Be sure to purchase one of the aforementioned drawing tablets based on your preference, it doesn’t get better than this.
Getting the right drawing tablet can be a herculean task because there are so many options to choose from so you can end up getting a tablet that doesn’t suit you. Well, we are sure all that will change after you have read this review. So make sure you make the right choice based on your preference now and always.