When talking about laptops for machine learning, there are several factors to take into consideration. This is especially because the best laptop for machine learning should have more features and specifications than laptops for everyday use.
If you are into machine learning, you already know that it is tough and so, requires machines that are tough and durable too.
However, this toughness definitely comes at a price. The laptops you are about to see, are not just machines that you can get without being adequately informed or prepared.
If you are a machine learning enthusiast, wannabe or professional, and you want to know the best laptop for machine learning, then, keep reading.
This post is going to talk about the best laptop for artificial intelligence that you need for your machine learning and other related programmes.
You are going to find out the benefits and some disadvantages of all the laptops that are going to be mentioned.
Now, before we look at the deep learning laptop in 2019 for machine learning, we would have to first talk about the most important things to look out for before purchasing a laptop.
Remember that machine learning requires devices that are not only cream of the crop, but also very durable.
I will recommend you to read How to Setup a Cloud Ubuntu Server for Deep Learning on Paperspace.
No machine learning individual would want to spend their time attempting to repair one thing or the other on their laptops with the time that should be spent doing the actual thing that the laptop was made for.
|Microsoft Surface Pro||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|Microsoft Surface Book 2||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|Dell XPS 15 9560||Core i7-7700HQ||View on Amazon|
|Dell Inspiron 15 7567||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|Acer Predator Helios 300||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|Acer Aspire VN7-5913G-73KV||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|Lenovo Yoga 910||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|HP Pavilion Power||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
|Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-70V4||Intel Core i7||View on Amazon|
Here is the list of Best Laptop For Machine Learning
1. Microsoft Surface Pro (Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB)
This laptop is one of its kind of best machine learning laptop, in the sense that it can be used as a laptop and as a tablet; a great selling point for me.
Its has is a7th generation i7 core, which means that using it for heavy work would not affect its performance.
It packs a storage space of 512 GB and a RAM space of a whopping 16 GB. Its battery can last for more than half a day, which is a good thing.
This long battery life is thanks to the fact that it is portable – in fact, it weighs a mere 1.73 pounds, making it the lightest Surface pro that has ever been made.
So, you can have one of the best laptops for machine learning which you can use on the go.
The Surface Pro runs a Windows 10 operating system, which makes it fair enough for machine learning.
- It is very portable – You can carry it anywhere with you.
- It doubles as a laptop and a tablet. So, you can use it both ways, whenever you like.
- It has a great processing core, meaning that it can do heavy work without glitching over.
- The battery can go for hours before it would require charging, so it can be used on the go without worrying about where to plug it in.
- The screen is 12. 5 inches, which means that it might pose a problem if you do not have the best of visions.
- This laptop is quite on the high side, in terms of price.
This is definitely a top contender for the Best laptop for machine learning.
The Microsoft Surface Book 2, is a convertible laptop that runs on the Windows 10 Pro operating system, has a GPU of Nvidia GeForce 10 series, 16 GB of RAM storage space, a 512 GB SSD and 1 TB of hard drive.
Its battery power lasts a very impressive 17 hours before needing another charge and it has maximum screen resolution is 3000 x 2000 pixels.
It is a great choice for machine learning, gaming, work, and play.
- It is lightweight and very portable – can be used as a laptop or as a tablet, on the go.
- Thanks to its i7 core processor, the processing power is high and fast, so doing heavy programs on it would pose no problem.
- It packs two times more power than the previous version.
The battery life is long-lasting.
- At 13.5 inches, the screen size is quite small.
- It is an expensive device.
3. ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS 17.3″ Full HD Ultra Thin Gaming Laptop
In considering the best laptop for deep learning this is a definite sweet inclusion from ASUS. It is a product of the Nividia 10 series, which makes it perfect for machine learning.
This laptop boasts of a i7 core processor – a real winner. With it, you are assured of optimum performance as you carry out machine learning.
For game lovers, this is one of the best laptops to go for. It is almost the definition of a “buy one get one free”.
It is also portable, weighing just 6.4 pounds. The ROG Strix is equipped with both HDD and SSD, in addition to a 12 GB storage space. That’s a lot of space, you would admit.
Now, wait for it – it boasts a screen size of 17.3 inches, way more than the recommended 15 inches; just another winner.
- It is very fast, offering optimum performance.
- It is thin and lightweight, meaning that it can fit into a backpack on the go.
This laptop is worth every penny spent.
- Though the screen is large, the display could have been better.
- The battery life does not last that long, so you should keep a charger handy when leaving the house with it.
4. Dell XPS 15 9560 7th Gen Core i7-7700HQ 16GB RAM
This Dell computer is another strong contender for the best laptop for machine learning.
It runs on the 7th generation i7 core processor, making it very fast for carrying out work on artificial intelligence and everything related.
It is packed with 16 GB of RAM and its storage space is a generous 512 SSD.
Running on a Windows 10 operating system, it allows for simultaneous functions or programming and its 15. 6 inch screen is just the right size for both old and young users.
- For those with a need for speed, this laptop is a good choice.
- The 4k display makes it a winner among many of its kind.
- It is quite heavy to carry around all the time.
- It does not have a webcam.
Apple has some of the best mobile devices and computers in the market. However, it is not everyone’s choice of product.
But for Apple users or MacBook lovers who want the best laptops for machine learning, the MacBook Pro is one laptop to look out for.
It runs a Mac OS Sierra operating system. This device has a i7 core processor, making it very fast , with high performance when being used.
It boasts a storage capacity of 256 SSD and has a 16 GB RAM.
The screen size is 15. 4 inches, which has a sharp retina display. This display comes with a resolution of 2880 x 1800, which is very sharp indeed.
It also has a Touch Force trackpad, which allows for precision when navigating from programs to program, and it weighs 4.49 pounds.
- It has a sharp display on a screen size that is just right.
- The keyboard is backlit, so it can be used in the dark.
- It is fast and allows for different programs at the same time.
- Unfortunately, the RAM storage cannot be upgraded to a higher one if need be.
- It is a very costly device – definitely not for people on a budget.
6. Dell Inspiron 15 7567 15.6-inch Laptop
This is another powerful laptop from Dell, Which is suitable dell laptop for deep learning. It has a i7 core cpu which runs on a 7th generation processor.
Also, it is a Nvidia GeForce 10 series product, meaning that it will perform beautifully for gaming purposes in addition to heavy work.
Its 1 TB hard drive space is perfect for storing games and other data. The screen is 15.6 inches and the RAM storage space is 8 GB. Overall, it is a decent device and quite affordable too.
- In our laptops for machine learning, This is perfect for individuals on a budget. It is high-end but not too pricey.
- The battery has a long life span per charge.
- The screen, though big, is not as sharp as many of its counterparts.
- It has an 8 GB RAM, which is good, but for the price, there are other devices with higher RAM specs.
7. Acer Predator Helios 300 15. 6 inches Laptop
Here is another machine learning laptop that is highly recommended for machine learning professionals or students who are looking for something with speed.
Its i7 core CPU is 7th generation and it runs on a Windows 10 operating system.
It also boasts a Nvidia GeForce 10 series GPU, making it perfect for an enjoyable gaming experience.
It has 16 GB of RAM storage and its SSD space is 256 GB. The screen is 15.6 inches, with a HD resolution of 1920 x 1080.
What’s more, without charging, the battery can last for up to seven hours when in use.
For those who are about aesthetics in addition to performance, this laptop has a beautifully unique shape and the backlit keyboard is not the conventional white colour – it is red.
It weighs 5.95 pounds.
- For an affordable laptop, it performs excellently. It also has enough space for data storage.
- The screen display could be better.
8. Acer Aspire VN7-5913G-73KV 15.6-inch Laptop
If you are looking for quality in a sleek package, this Acer Aspire is just what you want to purchase.
Its core is a i7 7th generation processor, and its GPU runs on the Nvidia GeForce 10 series – in other words, it is a great choice for both work and play.
It packs a RAM storage space of 16 GB. The screen size is 15. 6 inches and it runs on a Windows 10 operating system.
- It offers great value for the money spent on it.
- It is okay for fast performance jobs and programs
- It can heat up quickly if used consistently for heavy work.
9. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-70V4 15.6- inch Laptop
Behold yet another Acer product that is worth looking into. Running on a Windows 10 operating system and having a screen size of 15.6 inches, this laptop works great for machine learning, gaming, movies and anything in between.
It has a RAM space of 16 GB and a hard drive of 1TB. Also important to note is the intel core of i7 7th generation processor that is built into this machine.
It weighs 5.95 pounds and can take almost anything thrown at it.
- Great value for every penny spent- it has a good performance.
- It is also very fast.
- The weight makes it heavy to carry around all the time.
The Gigabyte Aero embodies the definition of powerful, sleek and superb. Only very few laptops can stand side by side the 15X.
It is safe to say that this laptop is a The best machine learning laptop.
First, it boasts an SSD of 512 and a screen size of 15.6 inches. It has a weight of 4.6 pounds- not so heavy but not exactly light either.
The performance of this device is very fast, and thus, it is a great choice for machine learning. Also, its 16 GB RAM space can be upgraded, if the need ever arises.
It runs on a cpu of i7 core of the eight generation, which is obviously faster than that of the 7th generation processor.
- Money spent on this device is of great value.
- Fast and optimum performance is guaranteed with this laptop.
- It is quite expensive – not a laptop for individuals on a budget.
- It is not so lightweight, therefore, might be cumbersome to carry around all the time.
11. Lenovo Yoga 910 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop
One word that captures the description of this laptop is ‘sleek.’ Indeed, it is one of its kind- both inside and outside.
The Lenovo Yoga 910 boasts of a cpu i7 core processor and runs on the Windows 10 operating system.
It has a RAM storage space of 16 GB, a hard drive of 512 GB and a screen size of 13. 9 inches.
If you are an individual who likes to carry their personal computers around on the go, then you might want to go for the Lenovo Yoga 910.
It weighs 3. 09 pounds and is very thin at 0.6 inches.
Another interesting feature of this device is its convertible 2 in 1 design.
This makes it able to be used as a laptop or as a tablet – pretty portable, to say the least.
It also has a 4K display, which is very sharp, a webcam which has two microphones and also a fingerprint reader. Classy stuff.
- It is lightweight and can be carried around as a laptop or a tablet.
- The processing speed is high, major thanks to its i7 core processor.
Screen display is sharp.
- It runs on the Windows 10 Home. The Microsoft Office Pro would have worked better on this beauty.
- The screen size is less than 15 inches.
12. HP Pavilion Power 15- inch IPS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Laptop
This product from the makers of HP laptops, can hold its own in the world of best laptops for machine learning.
It features a Windows 10 operating system and runs on an i7 core processor. It has a RAM storage space of 16 GB, a hard drive of 1 TB and an SSD of 128 GB.
Its screen size measures 15.6 inches and it weighs 4.87 pounds.
Also, the GPU of this device is the Nvidia GeForce 10 series, which means that it can be used for any kind of gaming activity, without issues.
The battery life is impressive too. When in use, it can last for 11 hours and about thirty minutes, before requiring a recharge. It is also quite affordable to get.
- It gives great value for money spent on it.
- The processing speed is great for machine learning.
- The battery life is impressive at almost 12 hours.
- It is quite heavy to carry around regularly.
- It runs on the Windows 10 Home operating system.
13. MSI GL63 8RC-068 Windows Notebook
The MSI GL63 8RC is a heavy specification laptop and is very sturdy too.
It runs on the Windows operating system and has an impressive 8th generation i7 core processor.
In fact, it has a hard drive of 1 TB and its RAM storage space is 16 GB. Its GPU is the Nvidia GTX 10 series – perfect for gaming.
Also, its RAM storage space of 16 can be upgraded, if it comes to that. This laptop weighs 4.8 pounds.
- This laptop is one of the cheapest amongst those listed.
- Buyers would get to value for their money, especially as the processing speed is high.
- It comes with three promotional items, worth $120, which gamers would love – an MSI CGM10 Gaming Mouse, an MSI DS501 Gaming Headset, an MSI Force GC20 Wired Gaming Controller and an MSI Shield Gaming Mouse Pad.
- Its RAM is only 16 GB.
Now, these laptops and their reviews, have narrowed down your choices for the best deep learning workstation.
Of course, there are others that you can check out, some of them cheaper than these ones that have been listed.
But you should know that when it comes to machine learning, quality is the key to getting great performance.
Most of the cheaper devices out there would probably not do half as much as the ones that have been listed.
Even if you do not have the money for what you need to enjoy your work, you can either save for a while or simply go for the more affordable ones among these lot.
Alternatively, you can customize your existing computer to give you something that you can work with. Some people seem to think this a cheaper option.
Truly, it might be cheaper to buy the Best laptops for data science for budget device and build whatever features you want, into it. But then, ultimately, it is best to buy one that has everything you need, to avoid having to deal with performance problems and many other avoidable issues.
Remember that you should be focused on work and not running helter-skelter to fix something that does not seem to be working because it was not designed for your kind of work. It is better to spend a substantial amount and in the end, get your money’s worth.
There is no hundred percent perfect laptop, but many of the cons or disadvantages that have been outlined can be overlooked, especially if they do not affect performance.
In fact, some of these cons are so insignificant to be a problem. Please, note that these products also come with warranties.
So, click on the links and go through them for more insights and some other reviews if you wish.
Then, check out their prices and decide which one among these best laptop for deep learning you want to go for. All of them are available on Amazon.