Good Interior designers can cost you a lot of money, especially when you are on a budget. Why give money to someone to redecorate or to design the room from the beginning?🧐
When you have enough time on your hands and you would feel satisfied decorating your room, or even if you want to do things your own way, and don’t know where to start? The following mentioned apps are the best interior design apps that you can find out there.
There are three topics mentioned below, first, apps that show Augmented reality which helps you visualize what you need to do in a room. Secondly, the apps you need to buy furniture for the room. And last but not least, room measuring apps.
With all of these apps on your phone, you don’t have to buy expensive tools to measure, or lose the measurements, and have to start measuring all over again or searching for the best furniture for the room.
Let’s start with Augmented reality apps, which show the 3D model of the rooms and the real-time design of different sections of the rooms.
Best Interior Design Apps – Our Top Pick👌
1. MagicPlan: AR and LiDAR Scanning
Magicplan is said to be a contractor’s best friend, it is one of the best interior design apps you can find. This app helps you create sketches into which you can add detailed dimensions.
This app can give you a digitalized site plan and streamline how remote the workflows are without having to spend hundreds of dollars on buying software for interior designing and having to learn it.
With accurate measurements, you can save 75% of your time. The app also lets you coordinate with your team efficiently, since you can literally give written explanations for each thing you want them to do, this helps avoid disputes with the customers.
You can Download Magicplan and enjoy your first two projects for free. And just pay $199/year.
There are different in-app purchases, available for different subscription plans. It ranges from standard, Sketch plan, Report plan, Business plan, and many more. The first two projects are for free, as a trial period, and it contains all the features.
It has AR and AI technology with an easy-to-use interface, which helps you measure the room as well as sketch interior plans in 2D and 3D.
The app uses laser measuring tools which are integrated for high accuracy, and LiDAR scanning is available for a few of the iPhones.
There are options for detailed reports and documentation, like taking photos of the rooms, adding 360° images – which can be clicked with the app, markups, and custom plans.
There is an option for estimations, which is calculated automatically or you can add your own prices too.
Magicplan can be used in the form of remodeling, renovation, restoration, inspections, by Architects, and many more. You can generate reports with photos and detailed notes and generate them into pdfs and other file formats.
2. Planner 5D: Home decor, Floor plan creator
You can instantly create interior designs for your room or multiple rooms in your house using 6000+ decoration elements available in Planner 5D.
Multiple layouts are available in the app if you want to take inspiration for your plan. When you consider the top interior design apps, then Planner 5D is one to blow your mind.
They have exceptional tips and ideas available, with which you can create a floor plan for your home. The app helps the user to see the beautiful plan in a 3D or AR visualization method, which are the walk-throughs.
Features to note:-
- There are In-app purchases for $1.99 to $19.99 per item you want to purchase, but the app is available for free.
- There are pre-made projects that you can use as a template and edit, or use the new project template and create your plan from scratch.
- There is a furniture catalog that contains a lot of items to use on your project to decorate the room in a visualized perspective.
- You can add actual snapshots onto the app, along with the 3D plan for better planning.
- You can create projects of different templates like different rooms in the house, floor plans, and many more.
You can create the project by creating a floor plan of the 3D home, choosing the furniture, accessories, doors, windows, and many more items, applying the 100+ textures available on every item, and changing the size of the item if needed.
You can use the projects created by the other users of the app. The app is available in multiple languages, English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, and Japanese.
The projects you create can be viewed through Chromecast, Google Cardboard, or similar technologies.
3. Design Home – House Renovation
Design home is technically a game that allows you to create room designs, with this app you can bring your dream home to reality.
The app contains real-life furniture and decorations items that you get in stores, with these you can create a floor plan, layout, and the design of the room you want to create.
Just like other apps, Design Home lets you change the accent colors, add different wallpapers to the room, and many more. On completing daily challenges you can unlock other layouts like bathrooms, kitchens, and many more.
The cost of items in the game differs from $1 to $99 per item or per layout. Since the game has the items and designs from real life you can apply the plan in real life.
Features to note:-
- Every time you decorate your room, you can unlock different furniture and collect rewards, and many more.
- You have painted from Benjamin Moore, to match the real color outside the game.
- The wallpapers are available from different shops like Tempaper.
- The app adds new pieces and designs every day, which allows you to keep up with the trends of this generation.
- You can share or borrow furniture and other items with your friends through Facebook.
- Even though it is a game, it is not meant for children. The in-app purchases are made with real money.
- You can connect with your friends through the chat room. Which will need a network connection.
4. RoomScan Pro – Floor plan app
When you are searching for the best interior design app, you should think of RoomSan Pro, which contains three different ways to get a floor plan.
This app can also scan and measure yards, gardens, plywoods, the exterior of a building, and many more.
This app scans your room, which leaves you with the 3D model and the dimensions of the floor plans so that you can effortlessly measure the dimensions for the furniture.
The app simply draws the floor plan when you tap against the wall a few times, place it properly and click and add your own measurements. You get the tutorials available on their website or on youtube.
Features to note:-
- The app is available for free, but if you want to unlock the app fully then you will have to pay £7.99.
- The three plans are, touching the phone against walls, for when there is no proper light in the room or if something is blocking the wall, there is a rapid plan that helps with measurements like this.
- The second one is the Augmented Reality scan, where you use the phone’s camera to measure the space.
- Third, the laser and the manual drawing, they have a collaboration with Leica and Bosch for lasers.
- You can save the files, send them to other devices and people, print the plans, or export the files.
- With the unlock of RoomScan pro your exporting options pan out too like Pdf, DXF, 3D models, and other models like such.
- There is an ExteriorScan and PlotScan for the other measurements.
- They have a great feature that lets you send the floorplan directly to Metropix, a floorplan application for engineers, which helps with not wasting time copying it to your desktop.
- It is available in languages like English, Spanish, German, French, and Italian.
5. Live Home 3D – House Design
The next app on the best interior design apps list is Live Home 3D. This app helps with the floor plan layout in 2D and the interior visualization in 3D.
The app also has an option that lets you create a model from scratch and turn it into a game that is in 3D along with powerful tools. Few features that are available in the app have to be purchased.
Live Home 3D gives you an impressive AR experience, you can see the whole house from the outside and a model of the room from the top angle.
Features to Note:-
- The app is available for free but you have in-app purchases for free of the features in the app.
- The app is available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, and German.
- You can create general 2D floor plans, real-time 3D design of the house or an apartment, which can contain real-time surroundings.
- Since the app has the AR option, you can walk around the house or the room and have a 3D 360° degree walk-through for the rooms.
- You can use the RoomScanner option to scan your room and create a digital copy of the original room.
- The app contains sample projects to choose from, and it lets you edit them to your heart’s content.
- Due to the smart guides and object snapping the positions are very precise, when it comes to smart dimensions of the placement of the furniture.
- You can have imported floor plans or draw your own plan, also customize the 2D representation of your furniture.
- You can choose from 2000+ furniture and other model materials.
- You can set the size of objects like tiles, to the real-life material and size, so that the app can calculate the exact amount of materials needed.
- You can save on the Cloud, and share your models on different socials.
6. Homestyler– 3D Design Tool
Design your dream home in 3D with 3D furniture which are real-life products. It’s a great platform with many creators just like you, from learners to professionals, you can ask for advice and feedback.
You can snap your real space and see the real-life measurements. This is a free app that gives you access to all the components in the app, and lets you use the items without having to pay for them.
You can work on several home renovation projects and create multiple floor plans while having fun. There are new pieces added every week, decorated without having to pay for it.
This is one of the apps that is available for free, even with all the little perks that you would usually pay for on other apps.
Features to note:-
- You can DIY projects, save and share them with friends or other professionals.
- You can create an interior design profile on the app and get likes for your plans and designs.
- You can measure and scale the 3D furniture on the app and check how well they fit on your floor plan.
- You get thousands of home furniture, accessories, decorations, and many more items for decorating your rooms, real like brands like IKEA, Target, Crate & Barrel, and many more.
- You can share your virtual dream home on all social media like Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
- You have chances to join the interior design contests every week, have fun and work on the same platform.
- You can have a virtual walk-through of the plan that you have created.
7. Roomle 3D & AR room planner – AR interior design apps
Roomle is one of the best interior design apps to draw floor plans, decorate your room, furnish them with 3D furniture and experience your designs come to life.
Using just your fingertips you can draw 2D floor plans and due to the great visualization, you can view live 3D views of the plans.
Using the camera on your device you can view furniture and see how it looks in the room before your important decisions. You can live the best Augmented Reality quality, and configure your plans and designs to others.
Features To Note:-
- You can get the app for free but if you want to buy the monthly, yearly, or the 3 months plan, it is an in-app purchase.
- The app is available in about 10 languages like English, Hindi, French, German, Italian, Javanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, and Spanish.
- You can draw floor plans with your fingertips and give the true scale measurement.
- There are options to change wall designs and colors along with changing colors of the floor.
- The sensors are used to measure and draw the layout of the rooms.
- There is 2000+ 3D furniture for you to choose from which can be viewed in a certain place and also be placed in the 3D plan.
- You have an option to have a real-time walk-through for all the plans you have created. Experience AI technology development.
- Google helps you find the perfect furniture for your space, which can be bought online.
- You can share your floor plans with others and it is available ad-free.
With the professional subscription, you can have unlimited plans, you can use it for commercial use, the app is available offline, free, and full access to the 3D catalog, and different sharing plans.
Apps to buy furniture are next on the list, down below are a few best apps for furniture. Shopping is something people always love to do, what’s even better? Shopping online. With these apps, you can shop and bid on second-hand furniture, in good condition.
8. Chairish – Furniture & Decor
This is one of the best apps for furniture available. With the most interesting selection of furniture from chic to vintage to modern, this app has all the best selection, choosing from thousands of pieces of furniture that seem best for your room.
The app contains not only furniture but also designers like art and centerpieces. They have 1000+ new items added every day, just keep a track of the best furniture or art available. Decorate your room while sitting in your room.
They have AR technology that helps you place the pieces in your room for trial. The choices are all real and from their original artists, trust the brand.
Features to note:-
- You can shop from manufacturing companies like knoll, Stark, Schumacher, and many more. Direct delivery to your doorstep, avoid wasting time searching for beautiful furniture from one place to another.
- There are offers to bid on and find the best furniture. The app directly makes the offers with the sellers/ manufacturers.
- There is a tag option to find items with keywords like dealers, products, brands, and many more.
- Not only can you buy on Chairish, but you can also sell you good condition furniture in order to buy a new one.
9. Houzz – Home Design & Remodel
With Houzz, you can get furniture that looks brilliant in your room. All of us try on a dress before we buy it, similarly, imagine trying furniture for your rooms before you actually buy it.
Houzz is one of the best interior design apps that help you see what an item looks like in a room. This amazing deed is done by AR, augmented reality technology that shows the placements and looks of the item in a room through virtual reality.
You can find the right color, the right size, and the perfect fit for the room. Since decorating or redecorating is the main aim of these best interior designing apps, buying the right items falls into the list of things to do for changing the look of a room.
Features to note:-
- Houzz is basically a virtual dressing room, but for other rooms in your home. The 3D technology helps you find the right match, by placing the furniture you want to buy on the screen through the camera, a photo of your room with the furniture.
- You can change the colors of the items, to match your room settings.
- Save items if they go out of order and get notified when it is back in store.
- You get free shipping with your orders and can shop from hundreds of brands in one cart.
- They have descriptions of each of the items so that you can verify.
A little extra for those who want to go above and beyond, a platform, divided into many apps, and an all-in-one portfolio for designers, architects, and builders.
This is one of the best interior design apps, it is an all-in-one platform for interior designers and architects. You can Work better, Sketch, Design, Create, Discover, Design, Present, Write, Collect data, Collaborate and critique.
You get all the three categories in one place, The Trace app, for the designing and the layout of the rooms. The Morpholio Board, for the interior design and decorations.
The Morpholio Journal, a sketchbook for notes, sketching, and data collecting. All these apps are available on the apple store. You can also read about them on their website.
Features to note:-
- The Morpholio trace lets you draw layouts and design the look of the space you want to redecorate or build. You can draw on top of images, PDFs, photos that you take of the room/ rooms, maps or blueprints of the place, 3D models, and many more.
- The Morpholio Board lets you design your mood board, you can create design presentations with this app, to get the VR gist of the room. You can also make furniture books and shopping lists with the app.
- You can present your work, create new projects, find new projects that were created by other people, and print your work all on one platform.
- They collaborate with many known companies to promote young talent. Show and be seen.
Download the different apps for your right profession, out of which Interior designing is one, visit their website and download the Trace and Board apps for iOS or download from the links below.
Morpholio Trace for iOS.
Morpholio Board for iOS.
Now moving on to the measuring point of view, these apps mentioned below are the best interior design apps for measurement.
These measurements are either for the dimensions of the room, the items placed in the room, or the building material for interior decoration, like shelves, bed frames, etc.
11. Photo Measures
Photo Measure is one of the best interior design apps used for measuring. Designed by Cubent, to measure, save, and share the measurements.
It is known to be a very useful app for architects and designers when they shop for furniture or meet with contractors.
The app also helps when you are in desperate need of measuring an item for the new house you are moving into. You can measure using Augmented reality, which should be supported by your device. Take a picture of the item or room and note down the measures in the photo.
Features to note:-
- You can take pictures and the app lets you draw directly onto the picture.
- There is zoom in and out options for more precision.
- You can edit the measurement whenever necessary.
- The measurements can be saved in metric or imperial units.
- You can add texts to the photos for more clarity.
- You can import and export pictures that you have worked on.
- The export options are PDFs and JPG.
- You can create high-resolution photos and export them through email and organize the photos into categories.
12. iHandy Carpenter
This app is used when you want to decorate the interiors of a room with some shelves and cabinets.
It’s a handy carpentering tool, which can also be used for interior designing purposes. You get five tools in one app, saving you money from buying all of the original tools.
iHandy Carpenter app is one of the best interior design apps, which helps with the building or carpentering perspective of the designing element. The app is simple to use and has a user-friendly mechanism.
Features to note:-
- The five tools in the kit are a plumb bob, surface level, a bubble level bar, a steel protractor, and a steel ruler.
- The plumb bob is used to verify the straightness and vertical inclination of a surface or a wall.
- The surface level, as the name indicates, is used to level literally any flat surface.
- A bubble level bar is again used to level a flat surface, but with the help of the calibrating tool, and the virtual liquid velocity.
- A steel protractor, for the measurement of angles and degrees.
- A steel ruler, can be used to measure dimensions, by just swinging left or right of the object, making the measuring device increase its measure. It is available both in inches and centimeters.
- Once you calibrate your phone, these devices can also be used as an inclinometer.
- You also have a help section to clarify some things you don’t understand about the app.
With this app, you can build your interiors away, without worrying about buying new tools every time you lose them or break them by accident.
This device basically turns your phone into a tape measure. The Measure app immediately finds the measurement of the items or dimensions of the room.
All you have to do is open your camera, point it to the object or place, select the area you want to measure, and automatically get the measurement in centimeters or inches.
The app also contains a level meter to check the flatness of an object or surface. This is one of the best interior design apps you can use for measuring surfaces and items.
This app proves that it is always nice to have something that helps you a lot and even better when it is available on your phone.
Features to note:-
- The app lets you draw lines to estimate the length or dimensions in both vertical and horizontal dimensions.
- It automatically measures square or rectangular objects.
- You can share your measurements to other devices, with friends or through messaging, and many more.
- For accurate measurements, horizontal and vertical lines appear, as a guide, which makes it easier to measure larger objects like walls or the height of the ceiling.
- This app also has a special feature to measure the height of a person, from bottom to top.
- You can save measurements along with screenshots, which makes it easier to access or share when needed.
14. Floor Plan Creator
With Floor Plan Creator you can create floor plans without any difficulty and see them in 3D. This app, like the other best interior design apps, lets you add furniture to your floor plan and see it come to life in a 3D viewer.
This app lets you design for your whole house or each room, for more clarity you have the zoom options. You can add measures to your plan, it will almost look like a virtual blueprint.
Features to note:-
- You can add measurements for everything in the floor plan. Either in inches or cm.
- Different colors for different rooms, so that you can identify the rooms.
- You can also add names for every room to differentiate.
- You have a library to search for your items like windows, doors, furniture, etc.
- You get a 3-day trial for all the items, and then you have to pay for every item, $1.50 – $20.99 for every item.
- Your work is automatically saved in the cloud and can access it on the app.
15. Design Masters – House Makeover
When you have a strong passion for house designing, then Design Masters is the app to download. It is a room designing game app that helps you create your floor designs, restorative, and redesign your home.
You can play this game in both modes, online and offline. You have great inspiration from famous people such as Philippe, Jackson Pollock, and many more.
Feature to note:-
- The game has the layout for a whole mansion, it lets you restore the mansions to your liking.
- You get realistic 3D interiors, which look surreal on the 3D walk-through, a loft-style, modern or french eclectic, and many more designs.
- You can choose from 200+ designs and furniture and other items for designing.
- You have to play puzzle games to earn points and spend the gold coins to buy more items for your dream home.
- You meet fascinating characters who help you with the development of the mansion/ house.
16. Dream Home – House & Interior Design Makeover Game
Like the above-mentioned app, Dream Home is also an interior designing game application.
Why make designing hones a tedious task when you enjoy what you are doing with the Dream Home app, play as you design. It is a simple but colorfully designed app, which lets you design your dream home.
Features to note:-
- The items in the game have to be earned through playing games, but there are a few that you need to pay for, ranging from $1 – $30 per item.
- You have 1000+ puzzles to solve and collect coins for your items and furniture.
- You have multiple rooms to choose from like the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, and many more.
- You have plenty of houses to renovate, so you will not feel bored, start playing with your friends.
Download Dream House now and play exciting puzzles to renovate your dream home, available on Android.
17. Kitchen Design – 3D Planner
This kitchen Design app is mainly used for designing 3D models of kitchens and is one of the best interior design apps.
You can design your kitchen with products from IKEA. Also, you can check if the actual items fit your kitchen, and also apply 1000+ interior designs for your kitchen. Find the right layout and start designing.
Features to note:-
- The app makes it easier for you to visualize what you want your kitchen to be. Take a 360° tour of your kitchen before you finalize it for your home.
- You can start with the handcrafted loft from the Kitchen Design and start changing it to your liking.
- From the smallest details like the lighting to the design and look of the dining table.
- You can also change the layout of the furniture.
- In the free version, you can only use 100 pieces of items for designing and making 3 realistic layouts, the full version is available for prices ranging from $2 – $50 per item.
18. Ruler AR – Tape Measure
This is an app that turns your camera into a measuring tape. It is one of the best interior design apps for measuring, it literally lets you measure anything or any object with the use of your camera.
It is a very accurate ruler which is very easy to use, created with the new Augmented Reality technology, that measures virtual objects in their real-life size.
You can use the app as a tape measure, height measure, or area measure. The app is available for free and simply user-friendly. It measures in both inches, meters, and centimeters, and the measurement is precise for any object you measure.
Simple to use, move the camera around the object or plane to fixate a measuring point. Then you need to place the mark at the starting point and press the measure button. Start moving the phone towards the endpoint and stop, and tap again.
Feature to note:-
- If you want your measurements to be more accurate, move the phone closer to the surface of the object and start measuring.
- The app can measure distance, length, height – to the roof, angles – for the stairs, area of a large place, and many more.
- You can save the picture clicked on the app to the camera roll.
- You have an option, a slider for smaller objects, to get their measures accurately.
You can buy the app for $1.99 per month, for a premium membership. This will be charged after a free trial. You can turn off the auto-renew button if you don’t want to automatically pay for the subscription.
Conclusion on Apps for interior home design
Interior designing is not a one-app job, you need multiple layouts, measurements, and items to fill the space, design, or redesign the room.
You need to collaborate with multiple sources to create a room or space. For you or a client, the best work is done when you have enough resources to do work.
In the above article, I have managed to cover multiple apps with different purposes, all related to interior designing.
Whether it is measuring a bedroom for the size of a bed, measuring the bed – making it fit through a door, spacing the furniture around the room, or checking the color of the walls that match the furniture, the apps mentioned above have got all this work covered for you.
Download the app that is necessary for your requirement and use their different Augmented Reality measuring or viewing and many more features.
The above-mentioned apps are the best interior designing apps, they tend to blow your mind with how well they calibrate the measurements through virtual viewing or measuring and giving you a space for your designs. With these apps, never lose your hard work, by saving your designs and measurements.