This is the ultimate guide to the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. This is the guide that you need when looking at buying a laptop, if you do not know much about laptops and need help selecting one under $500.
Let’s get started. 📗
In today’s world of huge companies and corporate jobs galore, it is impossible to manage without a laptop of your own. Whether you are a freelancer, contracted employee, or a full-time employee with a company, your job will necessarily require you to have a laptop.
Most companies provide their employees with laptops, but what about the people that they do not provide with laptops? 🤔 These are the freelancers and other non-full-time employees. They have to spend their own money on buying laptops for themselves and their work.
However, the professional sphere is just one of the fields where people need laptops. Laptops are also essential for students who have to type out assignments, theses, papers, etc.
Students need laptops for educational purposes, preferably one with a large screen so that it can accommodate all the tabs they require during their research for writing papers, etc.
There are also gamers and other individuals who require laptops for their personal use. They say, ‘the bigger, the better,’ right? Who wouldn’t want a laptop with a large screen?
Whether it’s for working professionals, gamers, students, or anyone else, having a laptop with a big screen can be very accommodating and comfortable to use.
However, at the same time, they can also be costly, due to the size and technicalities that go into building them. Not everyone has the means to buy such expensive laptops with useful features.
Here’s a list of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. It is the guide you need when looking at buying a laptop, if you do not know much about laptops and need help selecting one under $500.
Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $: Our Top Picks 👌
1. HP 17.3″ Notebook
Here is a laptop by HP, which has a large display of 17.3 inches, which is one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. With the large screen, there are also several brilliant features on the laptop, despite the relatively low price.
This laptop is an excellent laptop for all kinds of use, including educational, professional, and as a gaming laptop. However, it is best a gaming laptop, with great graphics and a fast processor that optimizes gameplay well.
There is a 5th Generation Intel Core i-35005U processor, which allows multitasking easily on the laptop. There is a 6 GB RAM, which helps with fast processing.
Many a time, we have to use external hard discs to store files when we run out of storage space on our laptops. With the HP 17.3″ Notebook, you needn’t worry about this, as it comes with 1 TB of space on the hard drive.
Other attractive features of this laptop include a full size backlit keyboard and multi-gesture mousepad. Read on to weigh the pros and cons about the HP 17.3” Notebook.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The HP 17.3″ Notebook that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- It comes with ample storage space of 1 TB, hence removing the need for any external storage devices.
- It makes an excellent laptop for several things including gaming, professional as well as educational use, due to its large screen and processing speed.
- The backlit keyboard makes it usable even in dark settings without turning on too many lights – it is suitable for working even at night.
- The backlit screen accounts for extremely HD graphics, which leads to terrific gameplay. It is an excellent laptop for gamers.
- The HP 17.3″ Notebook has an HD webcam so that you can have video conferences without much trouble, which is especially important if you work from home.
- Being large and having a lot of useful features, the HP 17.3″ Notebook can be hefty. It can be difficult to carry it around because of its weight.
- Since this laptop is quite large, it does not fit in a regular laptop bag.
2. Dell Business Flagship Laptop
Here is another one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in the market, the Dell Business Flagship laptop. It is a 17.3″ laptop and provides a broad and large screen display for the comfort of your eyes.
The wideness of the screen only ever works to your advantage because it allows you to keep multiple tabs open at a time. Even split-screening, if you require the same, works well on this laptop, since the large screen allows you to see both screens with equal ease and comfort.
This laptop is such that its outer design looks very stylish and modern. It has fantastic processing and also a great look and feel to it that makes you feel instantly comfortable using this laptop.
The Dell Business Flagship laptop uses a 6th Generation Intel Dual-core processor, which results in super-fast processing speed. Hence, this laptop can very efficiently multitask on a variety of applications and software without hitting any lags.
Adding to this, it also has a RAM of 12 GB, leading to a speedy performance with minimal problems relating to multitasking.
This Dell laptop has a storage space of 1 TB, which can accommodate hefty files as well. This is extremely helpful if you see yourself working with large files.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Dell Business Flagship laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- This Dell laptop has a high definition display, with backlit display lighting as well, which means that even in low-lit settings, the graphics are exceptional.
- With a 12 GB RAM and Dual-core processor, the speed and level of efficiency of the Dell Business Flagship laptop are impeccable.
- The battery, after one full charge, lasts for 7 seven hours.
- This laptop has a DVD writer.
- There is an HD webcam which allows for good quality video conferencing if required.
- Ample 1 TB of storage space
- User-friendly and stylish outer design and look, which gives a great feel to the laptop user
- One of the most significant downsides to this laptop is that its hard drive can reverse what its processor and RAM do. This means that the hard drive can slow down the laptop sometimes.
- Another big downside to this laptop is that it does not have a USB C port.
3. Asus Vivobook F705QA: Best 17 inch Asus Laptop Under 500 $
The Asus Vivobook F705QA is a brilliant laptop under $500. The graphics of this laptop are amazing, as the laptop has a built-in and automatic contrast and sharpness correcting algorithm. This helps to show you pixel-perfect photographs and videos in their most realistic forms.
Adding to the aforementioned, this laptop comes equipped with the Asus Splendid visual optimization technology. Under this technology, the computer has four display modes.
You can select the one you want on your laptop according to the light available or how you desire your screen to look or both.
It has all the connectivity ports that you need, including all USB ports, CD drive, HDMI, etc. These are the reasons why we can say that the Asus Vivobook F705QA has excellent connectivity and display, aside from the fact that it has a 17.3″ screen.
This laptop has an AMD Quad-Core processor with an 8 GB RAM. This accounts for the high speed and efficient working of the computer. It also has 1 TB of storage space, all these features of which help the processing and multitasking speeds of the computer.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Asus Vivobook F705QA that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- Long-lasting battery: one charge can go up to many hours worth of usage
- The auto-correcting sharpness and contrast of the display give the user an incredibly lifelike and realistic experience while viewing photos and videos.
- The display visual optimization technology is brilliant and provides the user with four display modes as per the user’s preferences.
- Excellent connectivity, in the sense that this laptop has all the different kinds of connectivity ports that you require. You can connect multiple devices to your Asus laptop at the same time.
- This laptop is great for daily computing because of its ease of use and fast speed of processing.
- The brilliance of the display system seems to cancel out other systems that a laptop has; the audio system is just about average on the Asus Vivobook F705QA. This is a letdown when compared to the display and connectivity.
- The touchpad or mousepad has less than adequate sensitivity and borders average on its lower side.
4. Lenovo IdeaPad 320
The Lenovo IdeaPad 320 is easily one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. It is an efficient laptop which has several features which will leave you in awe of it being less than $500.
This Lenovo laptop has a powerful Intel i5 Dual-Core processor, which is super-efficient in making the laptop run to the best of its abilities and beyond.
Adding to this intense processor, the IdeaPad 320 also has a large 8 GB RAM. Accompanied by the super-fast processing and RAM, this laptop also has a storage space of 1 TB, plus an additional 256 GB.
The display offers HD resolution with a pixel-clear resolution of 1600 x 900. The resolution of the display adds to the quality of graphics, where images and videos displayed on the screen seem lifelike and very realistic. In this way, the IdeaPad is a great laptop for gaming as well.
Other features of the Lenovo IdeaPad 320 include its durability and resistance to wear and tear, to ensure which it comes with a special coating of polish on it.
Many a time, laptops do not get enough ventilation and end up overheating. In a successful attempt to prevent this, there is a rubber provision on the bottom of this laptop.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lenovo IdeaPad 320 that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- There are several connectivity ports on the laptop, meaning that you can connect multiple devices to it at the same time without any unease.
- The keyboard is tactile and compact, and adds to a look of sleekness of the laptop
- Its resistance to wear and tear with its special coating and rubber bottom to prevent overheating are definitely some of the plus sides of this laptop.
- Its processor grouped with RAM and storage space make for a fabulously efficient and super-fast laptop.
- Incredible graphics with clear and lifelike image and video display.
- While the laptop has some great features, as those mentioned above, these features also warrant below average battery life.
- The HDD (i.e. the hard drive) can be slow sometimes
5. Acer Aspire 5
Acer is an excellent laptop manufacturing company. Acer Aspire 5 is one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ that there is in the market in 2020. It has some incredible features and is hard to believe that it is in the range of $500.
First off, it has the latest generation, i.e., the 10th Generation Intel Core i5 Quad-Core processor, which makes for super-fast interchangeability between tasks on your computer. Adding to the same, it has 8 GB RAM and 256 GB of storage space.
The display on this Acer laptop is to die for, with multiangular viewing as well as the visual reproduction on its screen. It has one of the most awe inspiring displays on this list.
Other fantastic features on the Acer Aspire 5 include fingerprint unlocking of the laptop, has a backlit keyboard, and even accommodates the latest WiFi 6. It also only weighs 3.9 pounds, and is the lightest laptop in the range into which we’re looking.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Acer Aspire 5 that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- It has some of the latest new technology, such as the fingerprint scanner and WiFi 6 compatibility
- It is super-light, weighing just 3.9 pounds, which is relatively less than most bigger sized laptops
- This laptop uses the latest generation processor, which means it has super-efficient multitasking and brilliant working speed
- It has a battery life of a whopping 9.5 hours
- The sound system of the Acer Aspire 5 is powerful, with a strong bass and loud volume to it
- The size of the hard drive is a mere 256 GB, which is very less compared to other laptops
- Durability of the Acer Aspire 5 is low and can malfunction soon after purchase
6. Flagship Model HP Pavilion
The Flagship Model HP Pavilion is a high-performance laptop by HP. It is an extremely good budget laptop, a good buy for anyone looking for a 17-inch laptop. It is the best fit for those who frequently partake in online live streaming or video conferencing.
Aside from live streaming, this laptop is good for students who need to do assignments from home or attend online classes frequently.
Actually, you will enjoy using this laptop as well as its overall feel no matter what purpose you use this laptop for, because of how smoothly and efficiently it runs.
With a RAM of 4 GB and a 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor, you will barely feel any lags in your usage of this laptop. Aside from this, with its 1 TB of storage space, you can download all the photographs, videos, movies, etc. that you want.
For people who stay at home a lot as well as for those who are not all that tech-savvy, the Flagship Model by HP is a good option. It is inexpensive, easy-to-use, of great quality and high efficiency, and is hence very attractive to buyers.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Acer Aspire 5 that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- It is very easy to use and is hence great for people who require a laptop for basic use and are not all that tech-savvy.
- It is a great laptop for video conferencing because it has a high definition webcam with image and video clarity when you are on a call with someone
- HP’s Flagship laptop is a good fit for anyone who needs a laptop for basic work such as Microsoft Office and sending/receiving emails (profession-related) or accessing video websites and other web surfing (personal)
- There is ample storage space on the laptop of 1 TB, which is more than enough for basic use of storing lightweight images and videos
- Has a built-in dual-sound system which provides for a rich and immersive audio experience
- It is only unfitting that even with all of this storage space and high-level efficiency, the Flagship Model by HP isn’t the right fit for gamers
- Has a low RAM as compared to other models in the same criteria, and can therefore be slower than other laptops
- Does not connect to other devices via Bluetooth
7. Business Flagship Laptop by HP
The HP Business Flagship laptop is a great choice because it defies the concept of having to spend a lot of money to get specs for your laptop.
This laptop has features mainly inching towards professional work and gaming. However, this does not mean that it is not fit for use for other individuals.
It is a good fit for working people because they sometimes need to open multiple tabs for office purposes, hence a large screen is helpful for that. Gamers also need large screens to help them see their game better and, hence, play better as well.
However, nobody ever said no to a larger screen for other personal uses of their own, especially when there is one available for you on a budget.
The HP Business Flagship laptop has an ample storage space of 2 TB. Adding to this, with a 7th generation Intel i3 Dual-Core processor and 8 GB RAM, the speed of multitasking and its efficiency is excellent.
It is a super-efficient and super lightweight laptop, and so it is perfect for people who need to carry it around often.
For example, if you travel a lot for work, it is good to have a lighter laptop so that it isn’t an extra weight to lug. Due to this, this HP laptop is the perfect laptop for travel as well.
The laptop has Intel HD 620 Graphics, which account for a brilliant display system. You can enjoy watching movies, looking at pictures and other videos, have high definition video calling, make projects using MS Office for work, and a lot more using this laptop.
You can also enjoy listening to music with its DTS Studio Sound speakers, or by connecting headphones into its jack.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The HP Business Flagship laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- Fast processor with lots of storage space of 2 TB, which is more than enough to store tonnes of games, office files, movies, etc.
- Has a battery life of 9 hours after full charge
- Has a stylish and sleek outer look, accompanied by which it is also very light to carry
- A good laptop for gamers because of the big screen and incredible graphics
- Also a good laptop for working professionals as it is incredibly light and easy to carry around (in case of meetings as such) and has Windows 10, which gives the user access to all the styles and requisites to make presentations, word documents, etc.
- There is an HD webcam and also Intel 620 Graphics, which both provide for an extremely high definition quality and resolution of the screen and display. There is also a backlit keyboard.
- Not a lot of color options available
- The SD card reader is only a micro SD card reader, which can be quite inconvenient if what you use is not micro.
8. Lenovo Built Business Laptop
The Lenovo Built Business laptop is called such because it is good for business, but that’s not all. Here’s another brilliant laptop good for both gamers as well as working professionals.
This laptop has a 7th generation Intel i5 Core processor accompanied by a RAM of 8 GB. While this is a feature which a lot of laptops in this range share, this particular Lenovo is definitely one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ because its RAM can extend to 16 GB! Yes, that’s right, it is flexible.
An 8 GB RAM expandable to 16 GB is a really large one, and hence, this laptop can accommodate large applications and multitask between them all at the same time. Aside from this, Lenovo also provides you with 1 TB of storage space on this device.
There are some rather exceptional features about this particular laptop that stand out from others, especially in this range of 17 inch laptops.
These include a redesigned touchpad to be able to use multi-finger gestures, fingerprint scanner, and a Dolby 2 in 1 sound system, to say the least. It is definitely one of the best options in your budget and range.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lenovo Built Business laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2020.
- The redesigned touchpad is a brilliant add-on to this gaming and business laptop, so as to inculcate multi-finger gestures. These add points to the laptop for convenience and integration of multi-gestures.
- It has the Intel i5 Core processor which results in super fast processing and speeds
- The flexible RAM from 8 GB all the way double to 16 GB is definitely one of the biggest plus point of the Lenovo Built Business laptop, as this helps to accommodate and multitask through large applications with ease
- The 2 in 1 Dolby sound system is to die for, and is a must try – and this laptop has it.
- This laptop has a fingerprint scanner, which is always a plus point.
- The display system includes anti-glare technology and crystal clear visuals, which are fantastic for working in low-light settings and gaming settings, respectively.
- It has the facility to transfer files from 4 different types of memory cards; the connectivity on this laptop is very high.
- The Lenovo Built Business Laptop is slightly towards the higher side of your laptop budget.
- The screen resolution for video calling is not all that great.
Things to know about laptops before purchasing one
There are a few basic things about laptops that you must understand before you go on to purchase one. These are simple things that affect the performance of the laptop to a great extent.
So, here are some of the things you should know about laptops, especially when thinking about purchasing one:-
RAM or Random Access Memory – this is the part of your laptop that accommodates what you are currently doing on it. The larger it is, the more tasks you will be able to carry out on your laptop device.
Processor – this is the most essential part of a laptop. In simple terms, the processor is what makes your laptop run. The latest core processor you have, the faster your laptop runs, and with that much more ease to multitask.
Storage space – many laptops have very minimal storage space, but many also have ample storage space. The cost can differ accordingly, too, in some cases. Make sure to select the laptop with the type of storage space you anticipate requiring.
Size and weight – 17 inch laptops are quite large, hence, they can be quite bulky as well. You should take into account how heavy or lightweight a laptop is before buying it, if you are going to be lugging it around a lot.
Screen quality – here, we are talking about the display of the laptop. Different laptops have different display systems and you should look into the one which you find best and most suitable for you.
These are just the basic things to consider when looking to buy one of the best 17 inch laptops under $500. Make sure to make the right choice according to your price requirements as well as other requirements regarding the aspects mentioned above.
📗FAQ’s on Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $
Below are the couple of queries on Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
(Q) Why buy a 17-inch laptop?
While regular-sized laptops work just fine, it is better to have a larger laptop as they allow you to have more tabs open at a time and see them all clearly, and they usually come with helpful larger storage spaces.
(Q) What are some of the things to consider when looking to buy a 17-inch laptop?
When you are looking to buy a 17 inch laptop, you have already decided your first criteria, so the other important things are the processor, RAM, storage space, display, and price.
(Q) What is a good storage limit for a 17-inch laptop?
A common and good storage limit for a 17-inch laptop is 1 TB, and even 2 TB, depending on which out of the ones mentioned above you select.
(Q) Which are the best choices for buying 17-inch laptops within my budget of $500?
The 8 best 17 inch laptops under $500 are all of the ones which are mentioned in the list above.
(Q) How should I choose which 17-inch laptop is best for me?
Choosing a laptop is a personal decision. To select the one which is best for you, go through the list of pros and cons as given above and select the one which you believe suits you the best.
In conclusion, selecting a laptop is a personal decision. Once you decide your budget, as you already have, it is important to do your research and buy a laptop as per your references. Some of the best 17 inch laptops under $500 have been listed by us for you above.
If you feel that you need one of the larger laptops out of the available choices of 17” and 17.3”, go for the latter. If you think you will need to access multiple applications at the same time, go for an 8 GB RAM rather than a 4 GB one.
If you need exceptional specific systems, such as a really good display or a sound system, select the one out of these which has the best of the same.
Do go through the same to make a well-informed decision about purchasing the one best for you. All in all, do make an informed decision so that you do not regret it.