This is the ultimate guide to the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. This is the guide you need when buying a laptop if you do not know much about laptops and need help selecting one under $500.
Let’s get started. 📗
In today’s world of huge companies and corporate jobs galore, it is impossible to manage without a laptop of your own. Whether you are a freelancer, contracted employee, or full-time employee with a company, your job will necessarily require you to have a laptop.
Most companies provide their employees with laptops, but what about the people that they do not provide laptops? 🤔 These are the freelancers and other non-full-time employees. They have to spend their money buying laptops for themselves and their work.
However, the professional sphere is just one of the fields where people need laptops. Laptops are also essential for students who must type out assignments, theses, papers, etc.
Students need laptops for educational purposes, preferably one with a large screen so that it can accommodate all the tabs they require during their research for writing papers, etc.
There are also gamers and others who require laptops for personal use. They say, ‘the bigger, the better,’ right? Who wouldn’t want a laptop with a large screen?
A laptop with a big screen can be very accommodating and comfortable whether it’s for working professionals, gamers, students, or anyone else.
However, at the same time, they can also be costly due to the size and technicalities that go into building them. Not everyone has the means to buy such expensive laptops with useful features.
Here’s a list of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. It is the guide you need when looking at buying a laptop if you do not know much about laptops and need help selecting one under $500.
Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ – Our Picks
1. HP 17.3″ Notebook
Here is a laptop by HP, which has a large display of 17.3 inches, one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. Despite the relatively low price, the large screen also has several brilliant features on the laptop.
This laptop is an excellent laptop for all kinds of use, including educational, professional, and gaming laptop. However, it is best for a gaming laptop with great graphics and a fast processor that optimizes gameplay well.
There is a 5th Generation Intel Core i-35005U processor, which allows multitasking easily on the laptop. There is 6 GB RAM, which helps with fast processing.
We often have to use external hard discs to store files when we run out of storage space on our laptops. With the HP 17.3″ Notebook, you needn’t worry about this, as it comes with 1 TB of space on the hard drive.
Other attractive features of this laptop include a full-size backlit keyboard and a multi-gesture mousepad. Read on to weigh the pros and cons of the HP 17.3” Notebook.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The HP 17.3″ Notebook that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2022.
- It has ample storage space of 1 TB, removing the need for external storage devices.
- It makes an excellent laptop for several things, including gaming, professional, and educational use, due to its large screen and processing speed.
- The backlit keyboard makes it usable even in dark settings without turning on too many lights – it is suitable for working at night.
- The backlit screen accounts for extremely HD graphics, which leads to terrific gameplay. It is an excellent laptop for gamers.
- The HP 17.3″ Notebook has an HD webcam, so you can have video conferences without much trouble, which is especially important if you work from home.
- Being large and having a lot of useful features, the HP 17.3″ Notebook can be hefty. It cannot be easy to carry it around because of its weight.
- Since this laptop is large, it does not fit in a regular laptop bag.
2. Dell Business Flagship Laptop
Here is another one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in the market, the Dell Business Flagship laptop. It is a 17.3″ laptop and provides a broad and large screen display to comfort your eyes.
The screen’s wideness only works to your advantage because it allows you to keep multiple tabs open at a time. Even split-screening, if you require the same, works well on this laptop since the large screen allows you to see both screens with equal ease and comfort.
This laptop is such that its outer design looks very stylish and modern. It has fantastic processing and a great look and feels that makes you feel instantly comfortable using this laptop.
The Dell Business Flagship laptop uses a 6th Generation Intel Dual-core processor, which results in super-fast processing speed. Hence, this laptop can efficiently multitask on various applications and software without hitting any lags.
Adding to this, it also has a RAM of 12 GB, leading to a speedy performance with minimal problems relating to multitasking.
This Dell laptop has a storage space of 1 TB, which can also accommodate hefty files. This is extremely helpful if you see yourself working with large files.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Dell Business Flagship that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $.
- This Dell laptop has a high-definition display with backlit display lighting, which means that even in low-lit settings, the graphics are exceptional.
- With 12 GB RAM and Dual-core processor, the speed and efficiency of the Dell Business Flagship laptop are impeccable.
- The battery, after one full charge, lasts for 7 seven hours.
- This laptop has a DVD writer.
- There is an HD webcam that allows for good-quality video conferencing if required.
- Ample 1 TB of storage space
- User-friendly and stylish outer design and look, which gives a great feel to the laptop user
- One of the most significant downsides to this laptop is that its hard drive can reverse what its processor and RAM do. This means that the hard drive can slow down the laptop sometimes.
- Another big downside to this laptop is that it does not have a USB-C port.
3. Asus Vivobook F705QA: Best 17 inch Asus Laptop Under 500 $
The Asus Vivobook F705QA is a brilliant laptop under $500. This laptop’s graphics are amazing, as the laptop has a built-in automatic contrast and sharpness correcting algorithm.
This helps to show you pixel-perfect photographs and videos in their most realistic forms.
Adding to those above, this laptop comes equipped with the Asus Splendid visual optimization technology. Under this technology, the computer has four display modes.
You can select the one you want on your laptop according to the light available, how you want your screen to look or both.
It has all the necessary connectivity ports, including all USB ports, CD drives, HDMI, etc. These are the reasons we can say that the Asus Vivobook F705QA has excellent connectivity and display, aside from the fact that it has a 17.3″ screen.
This laptop has an AMD Quad-Core processor with 8 GB RAM. This accounts for the high speed and efficient working of the computer. It also has 1 TB of storage space, all of which help the processing and multitasking speeds of the computer.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Asus Vivobook F705QA that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $.
- Long-lasting battery: one charge can go up to many hours’ worth of usage
- The auto-correcting sharpness and contrast of the display give the user an incredibly lifelike and realistic experience while viewing photos and videos.
- The display visual optimization technology is brilliant and provides the user with four display modes as per the user’s preferences.
- Excellent connectivity, in the sense that this laptop has all the different kinds of connectivity ports that you require. You can connect multiple devices to your Asus laptop at the same time.
- This laptop is great for daily computing because of its ease of use and fast processing speed.
- The brilliance of the display system seems to cancel out other systems that a laptop has; the audio system is just about average on the Asus Vivobook F705QA. This is a letdown when compared to the display and connectivity.
- The touchpad or mousepad has less than adequate sensitivity and borders average on its lower side.
4. Lenovo IdeaPad 320
The Lenovo IdeaPad 320 is easily one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $. It is an efficient laptop with several features that will leave you in awe of being less than $500.
This Lenovo laptop has a powerful Intel i5 Dual-Core processor, which is super-efficient in making the laptop run to the best of its abilities and beyond.
Adding to this intense processor, the IdeaPad 320 also has a large 8 GB RAM. Accompanied by super-fast processing and RAM, this laptop also has a storage space of 1 TB plus an additional 256 GB.
The display offers HD resolution with a pixel-clear resolution of 1600 x 900. The display’s resolution adds to the quality of graphics, where images and videos displayed on the screen seem lifelike and very realistic. In this way, the IdeaPad is also a great laptop for gaming.
Other features of the Lenovo IdeaPad 320 include its durability and resistance to wear and tear to ensure that it comes with a special coating of polish.
Many times, laptops do not get enough ventilation and end up overheating. In a successful attempt to prevent this, there is a rubber provision on the bottom of this laptop.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lenovo IdeaPad 320 that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2022.
- There are several connectivity ports on the laptop, meaning you can connect multiple devices to it simultaneously without any unease.
- The keyboard is tactile and compact and adds to the look of the sleekness of the laptop.
- Its resistance to wear and tear with its special coating and rubber bottom to prevent overheating is definitely one of this laptop’s plus sides.
- Its processor, grouped with RAM and storage space, makes for a fabulously efficient and super-fast laptop.
- Incredible graphics with clear and lifelike images and video displays.
- While the laptop has some great features, like those mentioned above, these features also warrant below-average battery life.
- The HDD (i.e., the hard drive) can be slow sometimes
5. Acer Aspire 5
Acer is an excellent laptop manufacturing company. Acer Aspire 5 is one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in the market in 2022.
It has some incredible features, and it is hard to believe it is $500.
First, it has the latest generation, i.e., the 10th Generation Intel Core i5 Quad-Core processor, which makes for super-fast interchangeability between tasks on your computer. Adding to the same, it has 8 GB RAM and 256 GB of storage space.
The display on this Acer laptop is to die for, with multiangular viewing and visual reproduction on its screen. It has one of the most awe-inspiring displays on this list.
Other fantastic features on the Acer Aspire 5 include fingerprint unlocking of the laptop, a backlit keyboard, and even accommodates the latest WiFi 6. It also only weighs 3.9 pounds and is the lightest laptop in the range into which we’re looking.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Acer Aspire 5 that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2022.
- It has some of the latest new technology, such as the fingerprint scanner and WiFi 6 compatibility.
- It is super-light, weighing just 3.9 pounds, which is relatively less than most bigger-sized laptops
- This laptop uses the latest generation processor, which means it has super-efficient multitasking and brilliant working speed.
- It has a battery life of a whopping 9.5 hours.
- The sound system of the Acer Aspire 5 is powerful, with strong bass and loud volume to it
- The size of the hard drive is a mere 256 GB, which is very less compared to other laptops
- The durability of the Acer Aspire 5 is low and can malfunction soon after purchase
6. Flagship Model HP Pavilion
The Flagship Model HP Pavilion, is a high-performance laptop by HP. It is an extremely good budget laptop, a good buy for anyone looking for a 17-inch laptop. It is the best fit for those who frequently partake in online live streaming or video conferencing.
Aside from live streaming, this laptop is good for students who need to do assignments from home or attend online classes frequently.
Actually, you will enjoy using this laptop as well as it feels no matter what purpose you use it for, because of how smoothly and efficiently it runs.
With a RAM of 4 GB and a 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor, you will barely feel any lags in your usage of this laptop. Aside from this, with its 1 TB of storage space, you can download all the photographs, videos, movies, etc. that you want.
For people who stay at home a lot as well as for those who are not all that tech-savvy, the Flagship Model by HP is a good option. It is inexpensive, easy to use, of great quality, and high efficiency, and is hence very attractive to buyers.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Acer Aspire 5 that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ in 2022.
- It is very easy to use, great for people who require a laptop for basic use, and not all that tech-savvy.
- It is a great laptop for video conferencing because it has a high-definition webcam with image and video clarity when you are on a call with someone.
- HP’s Flagship laptop is a good fit for anyone who needs a laptop for basic work such as Microsoft Office and sending/receiving emails (profession-related) or accessing video websites and other web surfing (personal)
- There is ample storage space on the laptop of 1 TB, which is more than enough for the basic use of storing lightweight images and videos.
- It has a built-in dual-sound system that provides a rich and immersive audio experience
- It is only unfitting that even with all of this storage space and high-level efficiency, the Flagship Model by HP isn’t the right fit for gamers.
- It has a low RAM as compared to other models in the same criteria and can therefore be slower than other laptops
- Does not connect to other devices via Bluetooth
7. Business Flagship Laptop by HP
The HP Business Flagship laptop is a great choice because it defies the concept of having to spend a lot of money to get specs for your laptop.
This laptop has featured mainly inching toward professional work and gaming. However, this does not mean that it is not fit for use by other individuals.
It is a good fit for working people because they sometimes need to open multiple tabs for office purposes. Hence a large screen is helpful. Gamers also need large screens to help them see their game better and play better.
However, nobody ever said no to a larger screen for other personal uses of their own, especially when there is one available for you on a budget.
The HP Business Flagship laptop has an ample storage space of 2 TB. With a 7th generation Intel i3 Dual-Core processor and 8 GB RAM, the speed of multitasking and its efficiency are excellent.
It is a super-efficient and lightweight laptop, so it is perfect for people who need to carry it around often.
For example, if you travel a lot for work, it is good to have a lighter laptop so that it isn’t an extra weight to lug. Due to this, this HP laptop is the perfect laptop for travel as well.
The laptop has Intel HD 620 Graphics, which account for a brilliant display system. You can enjoy watching movies, looking at pictures and other videos, having high-definition video calling, doing projects using MS Office for work, and a lot more using this laptop.
You can also enjoy listening to music with its DTS Studio Sound speakers or by connecting headphones to its jack.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The HP Business Flagship laptop that earned it a spot in our list of best 17-inch laptop under $500.
- Fast processor with lots of storage space of 2 TB, which is more than enough to store tonnes of games, office files, movies, etc.
- It has a battery life of 9 hours after a full charge
- It has a stylish and sleek outer look, accompanied by which it is also very light to carry
- A good laptop for gamers because of the big screen and incredible graphics
- Also, a good laptop for working professionals is incredibly light and easy to carry around (in case of meetings). It has Windows 10, which gives users access to all the styles and requisites to make presentations, document documents, etc.
- There is an HD webcam and also Intel 620 Graphics, which both provide an extremely high definition quality and resolution of the screen and display. There is also a backlit keyboard.
- Not a lot of color options are available.
- The SD card reader is only a micro SD card reader, which can be quite inconvenient if your use is not micro.
8. Lenovo Built Business Laptop
The Lenovo Built Business laptop is called such because it is good for business, but that’s not all. Here’s another brilliant laptop good for gamers and working professionals.
This laptop has a 7th generation Intel i5 Core processor accompanied by a RAM of 8 GB. While this is a feature that many laptops in this range share, this particular Lenovo is one of the Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ because its RAM can extend to 16 GB! Yes, that’s right, it is flexible.
An 8 GB RAM expandable to 16 GB is a really large one; hence, this laptop can accommodate large applications and multitask between them all simultaneously. Aside from this, Lenovo also provides you with 1 TB of storage space on this device.
Some rather exceptional features about this particular laptop stand out from others, especially in this range of 17-inch laptops.
These include a redesigned touchpad for multi-finger gestures, a fingerprint scanner, and a Dolby 2 in 1 sound system. It is one of the best options in your budget and range.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lenovo Business laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $.
- The redesigned touchpad is a brilliant add-on to this gaming and business laptop, to inculcate multi-finger gestures. These add points to the laptop for convenience and integration of multi-gestures.
- It has the Intel i5 Core processor, which results in super-fast processing and speeds.
- The flexible RAM from 8 GB double to 16 GB is one of the biggest plus points of the Lenovo Built Business laptop, as this helps to accommodate and multitask through large applications with ease.
- The 2-in-1 Dolby sound system is to die for and is a must-try – and this laptop has it.
- This laptop has a fingerprint scanner, which is always a plus point.
- The display system includes anti-glare technology and crystal-clear visuals, which are fantastic for working in low-light and gaming settings.
- It has the facility to transfer files from 4 different types of memory cards; the connectivity on this laptop is very high.
- The Lenovo Built Business Laptop is slightly towards the higher side of your laptop budget.
- The screen resolution for video calling is not all that great.
Things to know about laptops before purchasing one
There are a few basic things about laptops that you must understand before you go on to purchase one. These are simple things that affect the performance of the laptop to a great extent.
So, here are some of the things you should know about laptops, especially when thinking about purchasing one:-
RAM or Random Access Memory – this is the part of your laptop that accommodates what you are currently doing on it. The larger it is, the more tasks you can carry on your laptop device.
Processor – this is the essential part of a laptop. In simple terms, the processor is what makes your laptop run. The latest core processor you have, the faster your laptop runs, and with that much easier to multitask.
Storage space – many laptops have very minimal storage space, but many also have ample storage space. The cost can differ accordingly, too, in some cases. Make sure to select the laptop with the storage space you anticipate requiring.
Size and weight – 17-inch laptops are quite large. Hence, they can be quite bulky as well. You should consider how heavy or lightweight a laptop is before buying it if you will be lugging it around a lot.
Screen quality – here, we are talking about the laptop’s display. Different laptops have different display systems, and you should look for the one you find the most suitable.
These are just the basic things to consider when buying one of the best 17 inch laptops under $500. Make the right choice according to your price requirements and other aspects mentioned above.
📗 FAQs on Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $
Below are a few queries on Best 17 inch Laptop Under 500 $ that everyone is expecting to answer, and I did include the same for my readers.
What is a 17-inch laptop good for?
An A17-inch laptop is a great option if you’re looking for a highly portable, multitasking device.
Is a 17-inch laptop good for work?
Yes, laptops with large 17-inch displays are ideal if you’re looking for a well-performing laptop to save space on your workstation.
What is the best screen resolution for a 17-inch laptop?
Laptops with a screen display resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels or more are the best.
Do 17-inch laptops have better cooling?
No, no matter the size of the system, all laptops will have identical cooling performance.
How much RAM do you need?
You’ll need at least 8 GB of RAM for basic computing. But, looking for a system with 16 GB or more is advisable for faster and improved performance.
What is the best RAM size for a laptop?
At least 8 GB of RAM. Preferably, you must opt for a system with 16 GB or more RAM if you want to support more demanding applications.
What makes a laptop fast?
The laptop’s speed is determined by the RAM and SSD, the computer’s memory, and the processor. The higher the numbers, the faster your laptop is.
Is a 17-inch laptop too big to carry?
No, it’s not necessarily too big, but it is bulkier. Thus, it’s not as portable compared to smaller laptops.
Who makes the best 17 in laptops?
The Dell XPS 17 9720 is considered to be the best 17-inch laptop on the market.
Which screen size is best for eyes?
Incidentally, unlike popular misconception, smaller screens are more comfortable on the eyes.
Why buy a 17-inch laptop?
While regular-sized laptops work fine, it is better to have a larger laptop as they allow you to open more tabs and see them all clearly, and they usually come with helpful larger storage spaces.
What are some of the things to consider when looking to buy a 17-inch laptop?
When you are looking to buy a 17-inch laptop, you have already decided your first criteria, so the other important things are the processor, RAM, storage space, display, and price.
What is a good storage limit for a 17-inch laptop?
A common and good storage limit for a 17-inch laptop is 1 TB and even 2 TB, depending on which of the abovementioned ones you select.
Which are the best choices for buying 17-inch laptops within my budget of $500?
The eight best 17 inch laptops under $500 are all of the ones which are mentioned in the list above.
How should I choose which 17-inch laptop is best for me?
Choosing a laptop is a personal decision. To select the one which is best for you, go through the list of pros and cons as given above and select the one which you believe suits you the best.
In conclusion, on the best 17 inch laptop under 500 dollars list
In conclusion, selecting a laptop is a personal decision. Once you decide on your budget, as you already have, it is important to do your research and buy a laptop as per your references. Some of the best 17 inch laptops under $500 have been listed by us for you above.
If you feel you need one of the larger laptops out of the available choices of 17” and 17.3”, go for the latter. If you think you need to access multiple applications simultaneously, go for 8 GB RAM rather than a 4 GB one.
If you need exceptional specific systems, such as a good display or a sound system, select the one that has the best of the same.
Do go through the same to make a well-informed decision about purchasing the one best for you. All in all, make an informed decision so you do not regret it.