Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to buy in 2020? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 👓
Getting a good laptop is determined by the price and a supposedly good laptop for gaming under $500 is like a wish coming true as soon as a shooting star passes by, it is almost impossible considering the number of factors needed to run a laptop for gaming.
Despite the budget constraints, some laptops will enable you to play your favorite games without compromising on quality, sound, speed, performance, efficiency or durability.
While a good gaming laptop should have a good graphics processor which we all know comes with a huge price tag, there are a couple of excellent laptops that will enable you to play all your favorite games in impeccable color and clarity that they look more than 500 dollars worth.
At the time of our research on “Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $”, we found a video about “Why Video Games Are Good for Your Brain and Body” which is worth watching. 🏆
Due to the price tag on these laptops, we will be providing a comprehensive buying guide to enable you to make the purchase of a gaming laptop that will last until you can save up enough to buy an expensive one in the future.
Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $: Our Top Picks
1. Dell i3567-5185BLK-PUS Inspiron
If you are browsing for a laptop online or shopping in a store, the Dell I3567 isn’t the one that catches your attention as a gaming laptop; but for the price and design, this is one of those rejected devices that turn out to be exceptionally brilliant.
At below $500, the Dell Inspiron i3567 has an abundance of features that suits whatever use – gaming, office work, personal use or others.
- A weight of over 5 pounds which some consider weighty
- Windows 10 Home Operating screen 64-bit edition
- 15.6-inch touch screen display screen with stereo speakers and microphone
- Screen resolution of 1366 by 768 High definition pixels
- Intel HD Graphics 620 processor
- 7th generation Intel Core i7-7100U 2 core processor of 2.5 GHz speed
- 6 GB DDR4 RAM 1 TB HDD 5400 rpm
- Wireless protocol – Bluetooth 4.0/ 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, a USB 2.0 port, HDMI, RF-45, and SD card reader and DVD writer unit
- CD/DVD burner
Below are some of the features of the Dell i3567-5185BLK-PUS Inspiron that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. Powered by a dual-core i7 mobile processor, this is a good performance gaming laptop with super speed and agility to power you through your games without stress.
The i3567 is tailored for multitasking and with three mode options –the work mode, mobile mode or game mode, you are sure that this laptop will run smoothly and efficiently without any lags.
The 620 graphics processor will, however, limit the number and types of games played with/on this device
2. The Dell i3567 is a 6 GB RAM that can be upgraded to an 8 GB RAM, regardless of the upgrade, its high bandwidth allows it to effortlessly run multiple programs and files in different formats with stress.
Furthermore, if you are looking to store your favorite games, the one terabyte is always available which is also upgradable. This extra-large storage space allows for high-quality images with big bytes without compromising the processors or speed.
3. The i3567 is a 15.6-inch device with 1366 by 768 pixels, combined with the 620 graphics card; it can share video memory, allow for video editing, gaming, and image storage.
4. For gamers, the MaxxAudio feature takes any game up a notch with sound clarity that compliments every game you play.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Dell Inspiron I3567-3657BLK-PUS Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Incredible audio quality using the MaxxAudio technology
- Incredible visuals and audio
- Super responsive keyboard and touchpad
- Numerous ports and jack for easy connectivity eliminates the need for external ports
- Compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices for file-sharing or transfer
- Expand your viewing option with the HDMI port that enables you to set up on two screens
- Side viewing is not very good
Overall, if you are looking for a reliable gaming laptop, this is it. If you don’t have an enormous budget to buy a gaming laptop this will suffice well but it will also serve for other purposes like at school or the office.
2. HP Notebook 15-ay011nr 15.6-Inch Laptop
If you are looking for an affordable yet powerful gaming laptop that will deliver on speed, power, seamlessness with exceptional graphic quality for your games, then this HP flagship laptop is right up your ally.
This is one of the newest devices in the HP series of cheap laptops and although it is not that new, the device is delivering excellence all-around and making gamers a thrill.
Honestly, your search for a gaming laptop that can also do a multitude of tasks stops here with the HP 15 AY011 NR as this laptop will take you through an amazing gaming experience without hindrance or slacks on the performance.
Why is it that good, let see the specs?
- Window 10 Pro with the latest Office features and in-built template
- 7th Generation 2 core AMD A9-9420 processor with 3 GHz turbo burst to 3.6 GHz 1 MB cache
- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM 2TB 5400 RPM SATA HDD AMD Radeon R7 Graphics 4334 MB graphic memory
- 15.6-inch high definition touchscreen with webcam and HD audio speaker and a backlit screen
- DVD, media card reader, multiple ports
- Over 7 hours of battery life with mix usage [gaming and regular laptop activities]
Below are some of the features of the HP Notebook 15-ay011nr 15.6-Inch Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. The 15 AY 011 NR is a power-packed laptop with a new redesign by HP with brand new unibody chassis in a variety of colors that will suit your everyday style and mood.
Other features are the full-size keyboard with a numeric part, a super responsive touchpad with multiple gesture applications, and also support the use of a mouse for games and other online/computer activities.
2. This large 15.6-inch screen is extremely bright with a display resolution of 1366 by 768 and a sound surround system for impeccable audio clarity but also beautiful visuals that remain consistent at every angle.
3. With the workload, the HP 15 AY011 NR has a fast refresh rate and boot up rate but that is not all, the powerful 7th generation dual-core AMD processor ensures that every page is opened at the click of a button.
It is that fast; so whether you are gaming, browsing, watching movies or just simple scanning through the multi-functions on this laptop; it saves you the wait time with exceptional performance.
4. For gaming, the 15 AY001 NR is a powerful graphics built device delivering impeccable color quality and clarity, you will not only see the pictures as though you are in it but it will make every gaming experience an unbelievable one.
5. Now with all this CPU, GPU, and screen display, the HP has Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity with two 3.1 USB, a 2.0 USB, HDMI, and RJ 45 and a headphone and microphone jack
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the HP Notebook 15-ay011nr 15.6-Inch Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- An excellent computer for multi-tasking without compromise on the processor
- Crystal clear HD screen with in-built audio
- Lifetime tech support
- DVD player, CD player and a DVD burner
- Very light, portable and durable
- Sleek, adorable design and it is scratch-resistant
- Excellent battery life
Overall, this is a good replacement for your old, not-so-fast laptop and a great option for students and office staff. For gamers, 1920 by 1080 pixel display resolution enables you to run high setting games effortlessly or play the regular old ones super fast.
Either way, you are getting a very attractive laptop with features that will increase fluidity, performance and efficiency al for under $500.
3. Lenovo IdeaPad 320 8th Gen Core i5
A little above the $500 benchmark, the Lenovo 320 is one of the best gaming laptops in the market today and why it was never a choice because of the price, the laptop is packed with features that stand out, especially for gaming and gamers.
So if you are looking for a sleek, comfortable, durable laptop with good audio, colors, viewing experience and enough power to soar through your favorite games, this might be the best buy for you.
With a powerful processor, RAM, and Hard drive with an Nvidia GPU, you know you are getting the best from the Lenovo team of engineers.
- 8th generation Intel i5 – 8250U 4 core 1.6 GHz processor
- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM 1 TB STAT HDD 5400 RPM
- 15.6-inch anti-glare screen with 1366 by 768 pixels resolution
- Windows 10 Operating system 64-bit
- Intel 620 graphics card – integrated, Nvidia GeForce 920MX 2 GB GDDR5 Memory
- 4.1-version Bluetooth with 802.11 ac wireless
- Dual Harman speaker with Dolby audio
- Full keyboard with a dedicated numeric section
- Multiple ports including a headphone and microphone combo 3.5mm jack, multi-format SD media card reader, two Gen 1 Type-A 3.1 USB ports, one 3.1 Gen 1 type C USB port. HDMI, RJ-45 LAN
- Battery life up to 8 hours and less when gaming
Below are some of the features of the Lenovo IdeaPad 320 8th Gen Core i5 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. Off the bat, the Lenovo 320 Ideapad excess storage of 1 terabyte will allow you to download all the games you will need.
However, because this is a low budget laptop, you have to be aware of the complexity and weight of the game before downloading it. Regardless of this little setback, it will play most games well at an excellent speed.
2. Performance-wise, the i5 quad-core processor 8th generation with the 8 GB of RAM allows the 320 Ideapad to handle any program and games in the low medium and high range setting. It is reliably fast and will effortlessly run multiple programs without ant lag
3. When you are not using the laptop for gaming purposes, the Windows 10 Home consists of a lot of features that will ease your daily affair with your own personal assistant app – Cortana that is compatible with hundreds of applications.
4. Overall, the design is elegant, as the 320 employs the unibody chassis with a protective finish to protect it from scratches or wear and tear ensuring that the laptop stays clean for long.
Furthermore, it also employs simple features that allow you to customize and secure your system easily. To say the least, the 320 is a durable and solid laptop for the road and gaming.
5. With a 15.6-inch screen, the 320 Ideapad offers FHD 1080 pixel resolution with anti-glare quality to keep too much light entering the eyes; the large surface also allows games, movies, and photos to appear bright and clear with an incredible viewing experience from any angle.
6. Although the 320 is compatible with an external pointer, the touchpad and keyboard are super responsive with one-touch features for multiple gestures.
7. So if you are not streaming live videos, the 320 has a DVD drive so that you can watch the videos you want or listen to your music anytime you want without stress
8. Gamers celebrate as the audio clarity on this laptop is exclusive – enjoy crystal clear, distinct sound with minimal distortion and breaks allowing you to hear every single action performed in a game.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Lenovo IdeaPad 320 8th Gen Core i5 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Powerful GPU and CPU for speed and performance
- Large storage space for all your favorite games
- Multi-touch touchpad with integrated button
- Enjoy the great picture and image clarity
- One year company warranty
- Excellent audio and volume option
- Keyboard backlight absent
- The pictures and images are clear but could do with an improvement
- The display screen lack high definition capability
Overall, the Lenovo 320 Ideapad is a gaming laptop for anyone looking for a good device on a budget, as mention, it is priced at over $500 but it is well worth it for all the games and videos you want to watch and play.
4. Acer A515-54-30BQ FHD Gaming Laptop
Acer is a good laptop no doubt, but for gaming, the question is how good can it get? While the A515 54 30BQ won’t win the award for the best on the market, this laptop is packed full of features that will transform the way you play games on a laptop. At a price below $500, it is a steal at what this laptop can do.
Overall, at almost 4 pounds, you will have this device under your arm as it is super light and roaring to go. Let look at the specifics.
- Windows 10 S-Mode
- 15.6-inch IPS display screen with 1920 by 1080 pixels resolution
- 8th Generation Intel Core Dual-core i3-8145U, 3.9 GHz speed
- 4 GB DDR4 RAM, 128 GB solid-state Flash memory
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 2GB Memory
- 9 hours of battery life
Below are some of the features of the Acer A515-54-30BQ FHD Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. The first thing you will notice about the Acer 515 is the sleek, slim and elegant design; Acer certainly knows how to trip fans.
Anyways, the slim chassis enables this laptop to be ultra-portable and with all-day battery life (company claim), you will be able to beat your own record and create a new one easily.
2. Besides, it pays to know that, your laptop won’t suddenly run out of juice when you are getting ahead in a favorite game.
3. Performance-wise, the Acer Aspire 5 is a powerful machine; with its 8th generation Intel core dual-core processor and dedicated graphics processing unit, this unit will breeze through any program regardless of how heavy it is or how complex it is which makes gaming a wonderful experience.
4. While this laptop can handle much stuff, its 4GB RAM doesn’t do it so much justice as the laptop can freeze on you with too many programs running all at once.
In spite of these lapses, Acer 5 515 has an excellent storage space and Hard drive for all your favorite things.
5. The overall design is great and sleek, Acer does make fine display units and although the laptop is made of plastic, it doesn’t quite feel like that.
One thing to note also is that when placed on an uneven surface the laptop seems to wobble a bit, this is due to the little plastic protruding from the base. Though it means nothing, it will help you have a large surface that the base can properly rest.
6. The 15.6-inch narrow bezel screen design with a resolution of 1929 by 1080 pixels gives you access to impeccably clear images where the characters just pop and come alive.
With a full HD IPS, Acer color technology and BlueLightShield produce distinct images and protect your eyes from strains from been too long on the computer.
7. In addition to the FHD, LED IPS plane, color quality, and anti-glare features, it also comes with a 720 pixels webcam with decent video quality.
The Acer 515 doesn’t do 4k video as the video quality can be somewhat grainy, so if you are looking to use face recognition to log in you might want to stick to passwords for now.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Acer A515-54-30BQ FHD Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Backlit keyboard with a responsive touchpad that offers comfortable and flexible use
- Soft keys with a dedicated numeric key by the side
- Have a couple of USB port, HDMI, a Kensington style cable, a memory card reader, a microphone or headset jack and charging port
- The touchpad doesn’t have a clearly distinguished left or right key like in most laptops
- Loudspeakers are available but they lack bass
At the price the Acer 515 is going for on the market, it is an impressive laptop worthy of buying. The design, processor, ports, and screen, this is good if you are looking for an affordable gaming laptop that will enable you to do a lot for the price, this is a good laptop for the medium and low setting.
5. Dell Latitude Gaming Laptop
Okay, Dell latitude is a good laptop and whether this below $500 price tag will make gaming fun experience, you will have to buy it first.
Dell is an exceptional brand on the market while most of its laptops are top range with four-figure prices; the Latitude has turned out to be another high-quality design for gaming and gamers to showcase their skills without bursting the bank.
Aside from the 14-inch display screen, this laptop powerful processor and GPU will enable you to play games like fortnight, Skyrim, Battlefield, Battle Royale and Grand Theft Auto and other games in the same category with impeccable sound clarity, color, and resolution.
- Windows 10 professional operating System 64-bit
- 4th generation dual-core Intel Core i5 -4310U processor with 2.0 GHz processor speed turbo boost 2.9 GHz
- Nvidia GeForce 720M 2GB dedicated Graphics card
- 14-inch display screen with a red-backlit keyboard
- 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz 512 GB Hard drive
- Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity
- HDMI ports and USB ports
Below are some of the features of the Dell Latitude Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. Like with all display units with Dell logo imprinted on it, the E5440 is a very powerfully built laptop with multiple ports, headset, and microphone port, lock port and DVD.
It is a very portable and light device at below 5 pounds making it an excellent carry on companion anywhere you go.
2. For a gaming laptop, it boots up pretty fast at less than 30 seconds from when the start button is depressed until the home page lit up which is especially great for gaming and gamers.
3. It has a huge bezel although it doesn’t take away from the 14-inch display screen, it is too bulky and a slimmer option will be nicer. The hinges are pretty solid and allow the laptop to lock in place when shut and also stay put when opened.
The keyboard and touchpad are solid and responds to touch fast, with left and right touch option on the touchpad.
4. The screen resolution on this laptop is like most gaming laptops in this price range, 1366 by 768 pixels with good color clarity to make every game a joy to play.
5. The power and efficiency of the Dell Latitude is dependent on the powerful processor which is a 4th generation dual-core Intel i5 that enable you speed through programs, coupled with the massive storage space, this laptop with store everything including pictures, games, files and still have enough performance power to enable you to breeze past enemies lines in any game of choice.
Overall, a combination of CPU, GPU, and RAM/HDD makes the Dell Latitude a reliable, fast and consistent gaming laptop
6. One excellent feature, we love about the Dell Latitude is the anti-glare screen that prevents too much light from entering your eyes; for gamers, this means spending a long time playing your favorite games without affecting your eyes.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Dell Latitude Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- The webcam is good and very clear too
- Comfortable keyboard and keys
- Beautiful design, durable and sturdy
- Impressive connectivity with plenty of ports
- Battery life not too good
Overall, the Dell Latitude is an excellent gaming laptop that will play all your favorite games without any lapses. The ultra-slim 14-inch display screen and lightweight makes are super portable and give it other features that gamers will enjoy.
Furthermore, the excellent balance between design, performance, portability, and usability makes this laptop worth the value for the money spent with other features discussed above; you will enjoy gaming on one brand that always builds the best – Dell.
6. Lenovo Z50 High-Performance Gaming Laptop
Lenovo is always going to be a brand name for gamers and for gaming for very obvious reasons including durability, usability, and price.
While we all stand in awe of the cost of this laptop, the Z50, a 2017 model has plenty of features that truly distinguishes it from the rest but most especially why it is a choice for gaming.
The Z50 flagship comes at a little below the $500 mark and the graphics processor, RAM and CPU speed did the trick for it to be on our list. Whether you are playing the newest version of FIFA, war games, farming simulator games, and other high graphics enabled games, you will experience superior color clarity sound and movement with the Z50.
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Five hours of battery life which is fair
- An AMD FX-7500 4 core processor with 2.1 GHz processor speed turbo boost to 3.3 GHz
- An AMD Radeon R7 dedicated graphics card making it exceptional for gaming with unbelievable visual effect
- Cinema sound surround system delivered by Dolby audio
- 1366 by 768 pixels resolution on a 15.6-inch display screen with exquisite color distinction
- 8 GB RAM 1 TB Hard drive
- Multiple ports including one 3.0 USB port, two 2.0 USB ports, HDMI, headset or microphone port and LAN
Below are some of the features of the Lenovo Z50 High-Performance Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. The processor on the Z50 classifies its excellent performance and making it a laptop not only for gaming but multi-tasking efficiently.
In addition to the processor power, the one terabyte hard drive allows you to download any type of games, movies and more for your pleasure. Overall, the Z50 is a multimedia powerhouse with exceptional viewing quality anywhere you are.
2. Gamers will be happy to know that with a powerful CPU comes to an R7 Radeon dedicated graphics card for impressive video quality.
3. All the above will not be possible without the large 15.6 inches display screen with High Definition pixel image quality that brings images and 3D gaming characters to life.
With the sound and visual clarity, Lenovo has certainly tipped the scale with this laptop and gamers are enjoying the quality for the price.
4. The overall design takes the specs from other Lenovo brands and as a top gaming laptop weighs in at 5 pounds which takes the stress off your shoulders during transportation.
Furthermore, the bootup time is extremely fast taking only about seconds to form the press of a button to front-page display.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Lenovo Z50 High-Performance Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Portable, lightweight and durable
- Elegant and sturdy design
- Quick start-up
- Bluetooth and Wifi connection available
- The speakers are good but if you are using them for music, the lack of bass will put you off
- No 4k display feature or full high definition
- SSD absent, although it can be upgraded
- Can’t play ultra-high-speed setting games
Overall, if you are looking for a banging laptop to play all your favorite games, then you are in luck because the Z50 gives you an impressive visual effect that will blow your mind for any games on low medium and high settings.
So whether you are playing games, watching movies, music, or using it for the normal browsing activities, the Lenovo Z50 will not disappoint you and for a price tag below $500, it is great value for the money.
7. Lenovo 330 Gaming laptop
Lenovo isn’t a cheap laptop but for a brand that encompasses products for all categories of people, this is an excellently built laptop with enough power to enable you to launch that new game you have had your eyes one for so long without breaking the bank.
At a very unbelievable price of under $330, this laptop will provide everything you need for good gaming experience and why you do not expect a cheap laptop with enough performance power, this laptop from Lenovo stand out and deliver just the right flair for most games.
- 15.6 inches high definition display screen with screen resolution 1366 by 768
- Intel Celeron Processor N4100 4 core with 1.1HZ processor speed
- Intel UHD 600 Graphics processor
- 4 GB DDR4 memory with 500 GB of space that can be upgraded to1 TB Hard drive
- Multiple ports including HDMI, Bluetooth connectivity, Wi-Fi and others
- Windows 10
- In-built audio system and clear webcam
Below are some of the features of the Lenovo 330 Gaming laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. Off the bat the color clarity on this laptop is divine when the screen is at a 90-degree angle, guess that is where are needs to be to play games.
However, tilting it too forward or too backward washes off the colors and makes viewing a bit boring. It does have an excellent side view with all the colors in the same position and clarity.
2. For a laptop below $500, the 15.6-inch LED display has a screen resolution of 1366 by 768 pixels which allows for an excellent view for gamers and movie viewing unlike other Ideapad in this range.
Furthermore, the ergonomic design, usability, and durability make an excellent buy for gaming and games.
3. The overall design is like any normal laptop, rounded edges, a keyboard, and keypad. The keyboard expands side to side giving your hand enough room to move about when playing a game, although the keypad is center to the keyboard, it is not center with the laptop itself.
The Ideapad key is not as top-notch like high range but it has all the keys to help you play a game to succeed and the two touch keypad makes this a wonderful keyboard experience.
5. The performance is not all that but most features like the storage can be upgraded allowing you to play complex games. Furthermore, by installing an SSD it will increase performance level but not like the expensive ones.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Lenovo 330 Gaming laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Comes in simple colors like grey, black, and silver
- The battery life of 6 hours
- Solid hinges that ensure the laptop closes properly
- Solid build, completely plastic but durable
- No USB type C port
For the price and brand, it is a good laptop. However, with the ability to upgrade the RAM, HDD, and SD slot to improve the configuration, then it is well worth it. So while you enjoy this, save up for one that is $500 and above.
8. Acer Aspire A515-54-51DJ Gaming Laptop
Acer is not a new name at producing very flamboyant laptops with excellent features and power to run most programs even complex ones but every blue moon there comes that display unit that will enable you to run all your favorite games at an unbelievable price.
The Acer Aspire A515-54-51DJ is one of those machines that play well, delivers excellently and remains standing after taking a good beating with multiple programs especially for gamers.
So while we are wondering what this device can and cannot do these are the specs you will be dealing with.
- Windows 10 Operating System 64-bit
- 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-8265U Quad-core processor
- 8th Generation Intel UHD graphics 620
- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM 256 GB SSD
- 15.6-inch FHD LCD IPS display with backlight technology and 1920 by 1080 pixel resolution
- Standard wireless connectivity, Bluetooth, Ethernet ports
Below are some of the features of the Acer Aspire A515-54-51DJ Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. The Acer Aspire 5 design is like any laptop in the Acer series is a very sleek, neat looking exterior with nothing really special asides the logo. However, this laptop is solidly built with limited flexibility and worth the purchase.
2. This is a 15.6-inch screen with a full-size keyboard and a dedicated numeric keypad and enough space for your hands to rest while you are punching the very responsive keys.
The touchpad is seated in the middle of the normal keyboard and not centralized with the laptop but it is okay as it doesn’t disrupt or interferes when using the laptop.
3. Furthermore, the 15.6-inch display is a1080 pixel resolution with an anti-glare feature that reduces the amount of light entering your eyes using the Acer Bluelight technology.
This enables you to play games or watch movies with its vibrant colors and impressive light distribution that allows you to see the screen at all angles.
4. For gaming, you will love to know that this laptop has plenty of ports to cover all your connections. On the left side are the Kensington lock, HDMI, 3.0 USB port, USB Type C and a card reader.
On the right side are two USB 2.0 ports, a headset/microphone jack, the charging port and an LED indicator for battery life and charging level.
5. The Acer A515-54-51DJ is a powerful machine despite the price, with an 8th Generation quad-core i5 8265U CPU, 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 620 GPU; you know all your favorite games will come to life with this laptop.
6. Compared with others in this price range, the Acer A515 is a fast laptop that will breeze through complex tasks and programs without any lag.
Although this laptop will not give you that high-quality rendering effect you see on high priced laptops, it is still commendable and great for playing games at various settings but not ultra-high.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Acer Aspire A515-54-51DJ Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Excellent stereo sound mode with impeccable clarity
- Multiple ports including USB, HDMI and microphone/headphone jack
- Keyboard backlight enables you to work in the dark
- A precision touchpad allows for multiple touch gestures
- A 3200 mAh battery with almost 11 hours of battery life
- Pretty weighty laptop at 3.97 pounds
- Lacks a memory card reader and an optical drive type
- The webcam needs upgrading
- No Thunderbolt port
Well, despite certain negatives like the weight, the shabby webcam, this is an excellent gaming laptop for the price. Its numerous features, performance, and the Acer touch give it a great value.
As a gaming laptop, the laptop does deliver amazing turnaround on many levels including, large screen, color, and audio quality, the super-responsive keyboard, battery life and connectivity to mention but a few.
9. ASUS VivoBook TP401MA-AB21T Flip 2-in-1 laptop
The AB21T is the slimmest and lightest notebook yet among the ones we have listed here and like ASUS, this design is incredibly sleek, portable with a narrow bezel chassis which is not what you find on your average laptop this affordable.
Whether you are gaming, a student or need a good laptop with some pretty astonishing features, the AB21T is great for complex and simple tasks without compromising on performance and speed.
- 2.7 GHz Intel Quad-core Pentium N5000 processor
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM 128 GB eMMC 128 GB SSD
- Intel UHD integrated Graphics 605
- 14-inch wide view touchscreen, aluminum chassis with dual viewing mode and 1366 by 768 pixels resolution
- Multiple connection ports including a headphone/microphone combo 3.5mm jack, one Gen 1 3.0 USB port, a micro 2.0 USB port, micro HDMI port ad a card reader
- Windows 10 S mode
Below are some of the features of the ASUS VivoBook TP401MA-AB21T Flip 2-in-1 laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. The Asus Flip is a 2-in-1 device that serves both as a laptop and a tablet. This dual-purpose enables the ASUS to be the ultimate touchscreen device and takes navigation and touch gestures to a whole new level.
With the super-sensitive touch sensor, even the slightest of touch is responsive making it exceptional for gaming purposes
2. Another feature that sets the ASUS AB21T apart from other laptops is the design; this laptop is super lightweight, sleek, elegant, and slim with a NanoEdge display screen with bezel edges for wide viewing and impressive output.
This design quality also allows the screen to look bigger than usual for the ultimate in the viewing experience.
3. For gamers, sound plays a very important part of choosing a laptop, the Asus AB21T uses the sound technology by ASUS, the SonicMaster to create incredible audio quality with a clear distinction like you have never heard.
4. To complement this design features, the AB21T has a superior battery life that will last a whole take or 3 times more than the regular duration of most battery depending on the workload due to the ASUS battery technology
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the ASUS VivoBook TP401MA-AB21T Flip 2-in-1 laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- A light, portable, durable and convertible laptop
- Ultra-quiet, flexible with the ability to have your laptop in any position you desire
- Four viewing mode including, laptop position, tablet, tent or lay it flat due to the flexible metallic hinges
- Compatible with pen and other programs
Overall, if you are looking good gaming laptop that will deliver excellent picture quality to your games and with the ASUS audio technology takes your game to the next level. For the price, this is an absolutely durable good buy.
10. Samsung Chromebook XE520QAB-K03US
Samsung is a master in making smart gadgets and the Chromebook is another one its arsenal. Like with all Samsung products, this on the go laptop will enable you to play your games, maybe not all of them, but you should be able to enjoy quality play on the device with the features it has.
However, the small RAM size will limit you from downloading heavy games with complex features but otherwise, it is a good laptop for gaming.
- 12.2-inch 1900 by 1200 resolution display screen
- 1.5 GHz Intel Celeron processor
- 4 GB LP DDR3 RAM with SSD flash memory
- Intel HD Graphics 615 integrated GPU
- 2 x 2.0 USB ports, 3.0 USB port
- Chrome operating system
Below are some of the features of the Samsung Chromebook XE520QAB-K03US that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. The first thing you notice is the overall sleek look of the Samsung Chromebook. It is a solid piece of a device with rounded edges, strong hinges, smooth sides all add to the beauty and elegance of this laptop.
Furthermore, this Chromebook is made largely with plastic which gives it the lightness making it one of the most portable devices on this list and not aluminum like the rest of the chassis.
2. Overall the color is really cool –silver grayish or something in that order with a smooth finish –with a really nice feels to it.
The Chromebook by Samsung is a dual-mode operation type; this means you can use it as a tablet or a laptop depending on your mood but you will notice that the screen is a bit weighted than the base which is kind of odd but obviously Samsung knows what they are doing. The general look is great and very typical of Samsung.
3. The Chromebook is a 12.2-inch screen size, for some this is a little small but considering the fact that this serves as a tablet and a laptop, it is pretty okay for the size.
On this size, the Chromebook has an excellent display resolution at 1200 pixels which give images and video an amazing look and feel especially for gaming purposes. Under bright light, you will have trouble viewing the screen but in normal light, it works absolutely well with a great view from all angles.
4. The keyboard and pad on this device are standard with less clicky sound and less travel with all the keys at the right finger-point making typing a fantastic experience on this laptop. The touchpad is super sensitive and responds to all gestures super fast and easily.
5. The input/output ports on this device are a mix of type A and type C on this device which is a nice addition.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Samsung Chromebook XE520QAB-K03US that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Powerful performance regardless of the small size
- Powerful 13-megapixel autofocus keyboard camera with incredible clarity for videos and pictures
- Long-lasting battery life
- An excellent, rich speaker will full sound surround and really soothing
- High definition screen with a sharp image
- 13-megapixel dual camera
- Built-in pen for accurate pointing
- Super lightweight and durable
Overall, this is a good device for gaming or whatever purpose it will serve. If it is worth the buy, yes, it is and it will enable you to enjoy all your games, especially if you are downloading them from Google Chrome.
11. HP Pavilion Fast Charging gaming Laptop
Another excellent gaming laptop from HP, this exclusive laptop will allow you to play your favorite games on the most powerful device ever and all for a budget below $500.
This power machine will deliver excellent images, video, sound, and audio quality and with the Intel processor, you will speed through games like never before.
- 8th generation Intel Core i7-8750H Hexa-core processor with 2.2 GHZ turbo burst to 4.1 GHz
- Graphics processor Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 dedicated card
- 15.6 inches full HD IPS anti-glare screen with 1920 by 1080 resolution and a 144 Hz refresh rate
- 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA 128 GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- The battery life of 9 hours or 7 hours with heavy play
- Windows 10 Home Operating system
- Wireless network 802.11 b/g/n/ac with 4.1 Bluetooth
Below are some of the features of the HP Pavilion 2019 15.6 HD LED Laptop Notebook Computer PC that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. Although a cheap laptop, HP Pavilion has maintained the same chassis as in the more expensive product giving it that high-end look but with a subtle interior and a beautiful audio embossment on the upper side of the keyboard.
It is not the thinnest laptop in the series but one of the lightest with the full plastic build. Overall, the design is excellent and fits well in a gaming device with good portability.
2. Next is the number of port and this laptop has got quite a few; on the left, there are 2 USB 3.0, a Kensington lock and a full SD card which clearly eliminate carrying the excess weight especially for content creators.
On the right side, the power port, type C USB port, another 3.0 USB port, an Ethernet port, and HDMI among others
3. The display on this device is amazing for the price tag on it. It is a 15.6-inch IPS screen with 1080 pixels with a matte finish that reduces the amount of light that gets into the eyes. Although this also affects the color quality it is nice to have healthy eyes without pain.
4. The keyboard has a nice travel with a green backlight that is not changeable. The keys are soft to the finger and quiet when depressed which is good. The trackpad offers true precision and will respond quickly to all gestures, a plus for gaming and gamers alike.
5. Speaking of performance, the 8th generation processors comes with a power GTX Nvidia GPU that brings your gaming characters to life in the most amazing colors and images.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the HP Pavilion Fast Charging gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- A powerful headphone jack
- The color and image resolution on this display is crisp, clear, and distinct which is great for gaming
- Great for a low, medium and high game setting and will play some games on Ultra-high
- The fans will ramp up when playing for so long but it will remain cool enough for the duration of the game
- The SSD, RAM, and storage can be upgraded for gaming enthusiasts
- 4 to 5 hours of battery life
- Doesn’t include the Thunderbolt which is usually not available on cheaper laptops
- Needs more bass and volume
Overall, gaming on this laptop is a wonderful experience, and the HP Pavilion offers you a wonderful display unit that is worth buying for gaming and other use.
12. Lenovo Ideapad 330S Gaming Laptop
This list contains a lot of Lenovo products and most are here because they are one of the best affordable gaming laptops on the market.
The 330S relies on a bunch of factors to clearly distinguish itself as one of the best gaming laptops on the market and with the tag of below $500; you have a good buy with this laptop.
- Window 10 operating system
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 4 core processor 1.6 GHz frequency
- 4 GB 16 GB DDR4 Intel Optane RAM 1 TB 2133 MHz HDD
- 15.6-inch 1366 by 768 pixels resolution IPS
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 with an integrated graphics card
- Wireless 802.11 ac
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Have a good battery life of 7 hours and shorter with gaming
Below are some of the features of the Lenovo Ideapad 330S Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. Like all Lenovo products, this laptop has a smooth aluminum chassis which gives it a premium look; but it is a solidly built device and superlight. This allows for incredible portability and less flexibility or cranky noises.
The lid is not as solid as the body of the device, as it will twist a bit due to the bezel design but this only occurs when pressure is placed on it. Overall, this device is sleek and will close tightly shut with no lifts or dents perfectly.
2. The dimensions on the Lenovo 330s are great, not the best we have seen but for a gaming laptop, this is pretty amazing.
To give the illusion of a larger than usual screen surface, Lenovo employs thinner, smaller bezels and eliminated plenty of ports to give it that lightweight you will experience when the device is lifted up.
On the weight part, it is a great idea to have a lighter chassis but for gaming having fewer ports for input and output is not really the best as gamers need plenty of ports to play efficiently.
3. Speaking of ports, the Lenovo 330s has fewer of them; this is in aim to provide you with a light and portable laptop.
On the right side is an SD card reader, a 3.0 USB port and a Kensington lock slot. The SD card reader on the 330s supports the following formats: SDHC, SDXC, and MMC.
4. On the left side of the device is the power output point, HDMI, a 3.0 USB port, a Type C USB port and a combined audio and headset jack.
You will notice that the Ethernet port is absent but it does come with an integrated wifi module with a fast wireless AC connection for seamless transfer and sharing capabilities.
5. The 330s has a pretty good keyboard with a large key, great travel, soft and responsive for typing. However, for someone used to a wider keyboard, this will loom pretty jam-packed but overall, it is good and well-suited for gaming and other office work.
6. The 330s uses a very amazing and super responsive clickpad that conveniently replaces a pointer; you do have the choice of a mouse but the touchpad is amazingly good.
It is responsive to gestures and recognizes every single movement made. Overall, both the keyboard and touchpad are silent except for the occasional click-click sound heard in a very calm environment.
7. The 15.6-inch screen on the Lenovo is why we love this laptop. Its color clarity, brightness, contrast, and resolution all play well into why this is Lenovo’s best gaming laptop.
Furthermore, whether with natural light or artificial light, this laptop will provide enough light to enable you to see the screen and what you are looking at without any strain on your eyes.
8. Performance-wise, the 330s has a lot of hardware configuration that singles it out to gaming and gamers. Powered by an i7-8550U and a good graphics card that will enable you to play most games without overpowering the processor but it will run older games with any hitches
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Lenovo Ideapad 330S Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Full HD IPS panel for amazing visual clarity
- Battery life is okay with gaming at almost 3 hours
- A webcam with decent image capture
- The laptop stays cool regardless of how long you are on the laptop
- Might not play newer games on ultra-high setting
Overall, the 330s is a decent laptop for gaming, and while the battery life is pretty short, this laptop does deliver excellent graphics to the type of games you are playing and does also well with audio and visual.
13. HP 17-BY-1053DX Gaming Laptop
If you ever feel constraints about the screen size of your laptop, then the 17.3-inch on the HP 17 will flow straight into your style. This elegant Jet black chassis by HP is affordable, portable, and ideal for gaming or personal use with a host of features that will knock your sock off.
- Windows 10 S-mode operating system 64-bit
- 17.3-inch display screen with 1600 by 900 pixels resolution that produces amazing image quality with impeccable details with a full-size keyboard and numeric keypad
- 7th generation 2 core Intel Core i5-7200U mobile processor, with 2.5 GHz processing speed turbo burst 3.1 GHz 3 cache
- Intel graphics HD graphics 620
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM 2133 Hz 1 TB 5400 rpm HDD
- Multiple ports and connectivity features including 3.1 USB port, webcam, headphone/microphone combo jack, HDMI media card reader
- The decent battery life of almost 8 hours
- DVD/CD burners
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n network
Below are some of the features of the HP 17-BY-1053DX Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. While the large surface area is the attractive features on this laptop, especially for gaming, anyone looking for a solid, sleek, portable, and powerful performance and speed laptop, the HP 17 is an asset that will deliver on every point on the checklist.
2. HP is always a contender brand in all this display and while they are not known for cheaps, the HP 17 is an affordable version with some pretty mouth-watering features that will fit for the intended use.
This laptop is reliable and while it would speed through like Flash, it has a good performance capability for a laptop in this price range.
3. The HP 17 is designed to offer pristine clarity for entertainment purposes; whether gaming or watching your favorite series, this laptop will deliver on audio clarity, visuals, and efficiency.
Powered by the Intel Core 7th generation i5-7200U processor, this device will allow you to perform any type of task from low-end daily tasks to demanding and complex tasks like gaming without any lag.
To complement the power performance is 620 graphics with 8 GB RAM and hard drive space of 1 terabyte for all the games you can play. This power combo allows the HP 17 to boot fast, refresh faster and deliver excellence on all performance.
4. The overall design is very typical of HP. It is a very simple design, solid chassis with flair of sophistication and class.
The aluminum chassis offers a lightweight device that is portable, sleek and just appeals to the everyday users. With this laptop in your bag, it won’t feel overweight or burdensome and the strong chassis is a signature from HP of durability and sturdiness guaranteed.
5. The display on this device is enormous, 17.3-inch, enough space to play and work without restrictions. To further mark the beauty of this screen, HP gave it a resolution of 1600 by 900 not as much as the regular 1920 by 1080 pixels but for a laptop this affordable it is awesome.
The quality of this pixel allows for bright and vivid images with detail, a feature any gaming enthusiast will love. We can’t forget the SVA BrightView technology that offers a WLED backlit display enabling you to play or use the laptop in any light conditions.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the HP 17-BY-1053DX Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Powerful hard drive with 5400 rpm allows for retrieval, sharing or transfer of files with seconds
- Great laptop for multitasking
- The battery life is amazing whether you are gaming or browsing, it is absolutely wonderful
- Great display and color
- Perfect for gaming with nice audio quality
- Can get really hot with long-time usage
Overall, the HP 17 17.3 inches laptop is in the middle range for us but as a gaming laptop below $500, it is awesome what it can do and deliver. Other features we like are the solid chassis, design quality, performance level on the processor and GPU.
Furthermore, the simple elegance, portability, and sleek features are an assurance that it will go through the tough times and remain reliable regardless of what comes ahead.
For people looking for a good gaming laptop and budget-conscious, this is a good buy without a doubt despite the shortcomings.
14. Dell Inspiron l5584-5868SLV-PUS Gaming Laptop
We are back with another excellent gaming laptop on the market, the Dell Inspiron l5584 with incredible features that will take your gaming experience to the next level.
If you are a fan of Dell and need a good gaming laptop from this brand, you might want to read this portion of the article very closely and make a pick right now on Amazon.
- 15.6-inch FHD anti-glare IPS display screen with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels
- Windows 10 Operating system
- 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-8265U 4 core processor turbo burst to 3.9 GHz
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM 2666 MHz (easily upgraded to 16 GB) 256 GB SSD
- Integrated Intel Graphic UHD 620
- 4.3-pound weight
Below are some of the features of the Dell Inspiron l5584-5868SLV-PUS Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
1. For gaming, the integrated UHD graphic 620 enables this laptop to handle the most popular games without any lag on the processing speed or power.
Moreover, with the turbo burst of 3.9 GHz, it will provide power when you need it especially with complex configuration and heavy games.
Furthermore, the l5584 is also perfect for multi-tasking and like playing a game you love on your phone on the laptop due to the Bluetooth and seamless integration.
2. Performance-wise, the Dell l5584 is designed with specifications to handle games of all calibers; the power 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core processor will power you through any game without stress, furthermore, as mentioned above, a 3.9 clock speed boost is always available for games requiring higher settings and power.
3. Now the performance will be nothing without the storage capacity on this device, with an 8 GB that can be upgraded, the Dell l5584 also boasts of 256 GB SSD that enables you to download and store your entire favorite games without stress or weighing down the processor.
4. The laptop offers a decent screen of 15.6 inches which is great for gaming but it is also anti-glare meaning now you can play for as long as you want without straining your eyes.
As per viewing capacity, Dell l5584 has an aspect ratio of 16:9 with LED backlighting and a great view from all angles delivering crisp, clear, sharp and distinct images like never before.
5. It has a beautiful keyboard, touchpad, and number key with excellent typing performance, soft to the finger with incredible response. It is also very silent but you should hear the clicking sound in a very quiet space.
6. Ports – plenty of it- the Dell 5584 has a built-in HDMI 1.4b port, two Type-A 3.1 Gen 1 ports, a 2.0 Type-A port, 10/100 Ethernet, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and other notable ports like an SD card reader and a combo microphone and a headset jack.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Dell Inspiron l5584-5868SLV-PUS Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $ to get in 2020.
- Three lithium cell battery with four hours charge time
- Vibrant and colorful details on images and gaming characters
- Exquisite sound surround with the MaxxAudio feature to make every game come alive
- Connects with your smart devices and performs all actions from your laptop
- Quick transfer and sharing of files, photo and videos seamlessly
- An excellent cooling feature that keeps the laptop cool even after long playing time
- Powerful hinges allow the device to snap shut when not in use
Overall, the Dell l5584 is one of the excellent choices for gamers who are on the lookout for gaming laptops under $500 on the market.
With its reliability, durability, design, and price, you can’t go wrong with this device whether for gaming, school work, entertainment or use at the office.
While getting a gaming laptop is difficult due to the specifications required to run a gaming file, the laptops listed here are some of the best for gaming device on a budget.
Not only will they deliver on power using the latest Intel Core and Graphics, but they also offer incredible color, visual and audio quality that complement the games you will play with them.
Furthermore, we have gone the extra mile to ensure that the laptops here all have large storage to house your games without affecting the performance of the laptops or cause you to lose a game because it is slow.
If you are looking for a good gaming laptop that will multi-task for other stuff, the choices here are a good place to start and they are all available on Amazon.
Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 $: What To Consider
A good gaming laptop and the price tag of $500 are not the most compatible combination, but you will be surprised at how many gaming laptops you can get for that price.
So before we jump into the buying guide, our budget is within the $500 mark or a little above.
Portability – gone are the days when your laptop needs to feel as heavy as the desktop, these days laptops are light, sleek and on the go due to the busy lifestyle we live.
Even though the processor and storage add to the bulk of the weight, laptop manufacturers are making slimmer, light, and portable gaming laptops for all occasions.
Reliability – just because it is $500 doesn’t take away from the reliability. A good gaming laptop should be strong, sturdy and solid.
It should include a good battery with reasonable battery life, good performance on the CPU and GPU; generally, it should run like a well-oiled machine
The graphics capacity – for a gaming laptop a good graphics processor is a must. This is because most games have plenty of colors and characters that need to be brought to life through incredible graphics for you to enjoy the beauty of the game.
Most under $500 laptops have a graphics card of 600 to 650 which is good, but systems with the Nvidia GeForce, RTX, or GTX are better as they will take you into the gaming world with incredible images, visuals, and clarity.
Battery life – if a normal program or laptop use will give you 6 to 8 hours, you can never get that amount of battery life on a gaming laptop. Furthermore, for the price tag of under $500, the best battery life you will get on a gaming laptop is 3 hours max.
Screen capacity – a large screen is good for gaming, but with that comes prices higher than the budget of $500. However, a great gaming display should have a minimum screen resolution of 1920 by 1080, you should get decent clarity on the images with a lower resolution, but a higher pixel quality is better.
Ports – some games require the use of external attachments, so when buying a gaming laptop, check the types of port and how compatible they are will your gamepad. If you are comfortable with the touchpad, then ensure that it is efficient and responds to gestures immediately without any restrictions.
The anti-glare or matte feature – spending long hours staring at the laptop can have some serious damaging effects on the eyes; an anti-glare screen will reduce the light emitted from the screen into your eyes reducing strain, and allow you to play for long.
Finally, all these factors are nothing without the central processor of the laptop. Go for i3 Intel core processors and above; a dual-core is good, but higher is better and more efficient.
So there you have it; a list of gaming laptops under $500 with a buyer to ensure you snags the best on the market.