If you’re looking for the Best Offline Games For Kids, then you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s explore this game guide. 📗
Irrespective of age and gender, kids nowadays have become addicted to the internet. The need to have a good internet connection has reached all heights, be it for streaming cartoons, playing games, or educational reading.
Now often due to specific server issues or poor streaming, it becomes difficult to access the web. In such a time, kids fail to log in to their favorite gaming sites. It is in such times that offline video games come to their rescue.
Why Are Offline Video Games Beneficial?
Compared to online playing, offline video games protect children from all kinds of online threats. They are kept safe from cyberbullying, online harassment, or even being exposed to inappropriate content. If desired, fun and leisure time can be replaced with offline games and other activities.
In the past few years, offline video games have started to make a significant comeback to the gaming zone. Although they are still highly unpopular amongst some kids, parents should be advised to let their kids indulge in offline activities for the time being.
The Benefits Of Offline Gaming Are:-
- Offline games are more user-friendly.
- The screen time is manageable.
- Video games encourage exercising.
- The gaming activities bring about a lot of mental coordination. Children learn to function their hands and brain at the same time.
- Children develop a sense of creativity.
- Every child gets an opportunity to lead a team in any gaming video.
- Video gaming requires you to keep a watch on the screen and keep a look onto the energy level bars, scoreboard, weapon use, and much more. This enhances their capability to multitask.
- This helps to develop a sense of independence amongst the children.
The Disadvantages Of Video Gaming:-
- Too much time on the internet or in gaming makes your child dull and socially unaware. Also, his social life suffers as he does not get time to spend time with friends or even concentrate on studies and other fruitful activities.
- Games often lead to one losing touch from reality. There is a fine line between fantasy and reality, that one tends to forget.
- Some videos promote violence, aggression, and unnecessary aggression.
Why Are Video Games So Much Of A Trend Nowadays?
Usually, parents start freaking out when their kids start playing video games instead of studying, reading, or helping in the daily household activities. However, it is to be noted that kids have been doing these activities for quite a few years now.
Similarly, it is a fact that parents have been complaining about their unresponsive children even before the concept of video gaming was invented. Both offline and online gaming experience has reached a superior high.
It is no doubt that the isolation in which kids find themselves is not likable by the parents. Games seem to have become a way of satiating our mental needs. Now definitely, gaming is not a good substitution for other activities.
Even if a match fulfills our psychological needs, it can’t also try to come close to the sense of joy and ultimate comfort that human interaction brings along with it.
No game, be it a video game or an outdoor game, can give a child the warmth and comfort that social interaction can provide. Being connected to the real world is of utmost importance and can lead to proper nourishment of the mind, body, and soul.
Which Is A Better Gaming Experience- Online vs. Offline?
Both online and offline games improve one’s decision-making ability. There are a variety of games, which help children in their education.
Examples of these games include KBC and IQ quizzes. They assist in acquiring knowledge since they entail some form of decision-making.
Both offline and online games improve hand-eye coordination in way. Researchers have found that surgeons who play sports often get more proficient after gaming for a long time.
There are other games where gamers simulate real-world body movement, which improves eye coordination. Online and offline gaming is a multi-million dollar business, and its cost to an average player keeps going up every time.
Though playing is an excellent hobby, it can be difficult if players feel the pressure of getting every new game release in their favorite genre.
Another factor is the need to buy the current playing platforms. There is high pressure on the cost of keeping up with recent powerful game technologies with a vast platform choice, for example, consoles, desktops, and mobile games.
Gamers also may incur extra costs in paying for the internet, power, and additional hardware. Online games might also need monthly subscriptions, which get costly with time.
As of 2021, a few of the Best Offline Games For Kids have been listed below.
Best Offline Games For Kids: Our Top Pick 👌
1. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2: Best Offline Kinect Game For Kids
Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 (Download Here) is the second version of the very famous Fruit Ninja Kinect mobile games. This game projects the shadow of the player’s body on the TV by using the Kinect sensor.
Players then have chop, punch, and kick fruits falling on them up from the air. Any fruit that flies towards them has to be destroyed. It is an offline game that is suitable for the entire family. Every member can indulge themselves in this amazing gaming experience.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- The kinetic motion sensor, the latest in technology, works perfectly for the game. Navigation is much smoother.
- As many as four players can play at once. Thus it can be a go-to birthday party game.
- Due to the sensitivity of the motion sensor, hand movements can often lead to uncontrollable situations. One might end up hitting the wrong place on the screen.
- Since the game requires a lot of hands and bodily movements; a larger gaming space is needed.
2. Dragon Ball FighterZ For Anime Fans: Best Offline Fighting Game
Dragon Ball FighterZ (Download Here) is one of the best fighting games based on the top-rated Dragon BallZ franchise. The game has the latest 3D technology and a style that is very much similar to that of the Japanese cartoon series.
Every player will want to play this game repeatedly. The game has a fictionalized storyline that is fully voiced. Players can play solo or face other players in a match-off.
These games have amazing multiplayer sessions. If you wish to play with a broader audience, then the game has an online mode too. The game is available in PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and more.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Dragon Ball FighterZ that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- The game has a brilliant visual style that replicates the cartoon series.
- From a wide range of characters to choose from, this game has a fun and joyous experience.
- The game is compatible with most of the gaming sections.
- Compared to its previous version, the fighting sequences are not much challenging. Some kids might find this version to be slightly backdated.
- Without any backstory given, the game will not suit kids who have no idea about the concept of Dragon BallZ.
3. Cars 3 Driven To Win: Best Non-Mario Kart Offline Racing Game
Racing games never get old. The Super Mario Kart Racing game is known to all. It is a popular series of racing games. Another game that gives a challenge to the Mario racing game series is the Cars 3 driving series (Download Here).
Cars 3: Driven To Win features 20 players, all representing the characters from the popular Pixar movie. All of these cars can be customized and designed accordingly. There are six different game modes to choose from in the multiplayer offline video game.
The player will enjoy experiencing different methods of the game. Even the pickiest of a gamer will have supreme entertainment in this racing rush. A few features of the game include:
- Stunt showcase and tricks to get a new high score.
- Using power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible.
- Numerous Lap challenges.
- Battle races to become the ultimate champion.
- Practice your stunts before jumping on to the next race.
You can now become a Hall Of Fame driver in this latest version.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Cars 3: Driven To Win that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- As many as four players can play at a time.
- The detailing of the game is fantastic. Even a minute detail has been looked into precisely.
- Since it is a racing game, if more than four players could play at once, the fun would have doubled.
- The game may is limited to a certain age of players.
4. Super Mario Party: Best Offline Kids Game For Groups
Super Mario Party (Download Here) is the very first video game for the Nintendo Switch console. The game is very similar to its previous versions. It adds as many bells and whistles on the digital board.
The game has as many as 80 mini-games in the main game. Although four players can play at the same time, it would have been much fun if more players could be included. Critics have rated this game to be a new and refreshed version of the Mario games.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Super Mario Party that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- As many as four players can play at a time.
- The arenas have been customized.
- The Nintendo Switch has been used in a highly creative manner.
- It would have been more fun and exciting in such a multiplayer game if more than four players could be allowed.
- Not suitable for all ages.
5. Lego Harry Potter Collection: Most Magical Offline Game For Kids
The Lego Harry Potter Collection game collection is as impressive as the original Harry Potter Lego video game. The original lego game contained stores from all of the eight Harry Potter movies.
This means that kids will be able to enjoy playing through each and every single storyline without worrying about losing saved data. This new game is an excellent upgrade for the new generation and makes the franchise fun for the younger generation.
Kids who have watched the Harry Potter movies will be able to relate to them and enjoy playing the game even more. The game also has a humorous aspect to it, which makes it funnier for the younger generation.
As the Harry Potter films turn out to be a bit dark in the later part, this game can lighten the initial tone for first-time players and watchers.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Lego Harry Potter Collection that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- The entire game supports two local multiplayer.
- There are over 200 Harry Potter characters that one can unlock. Children will have a wide range of styles to choose from.
- The graphics of the game are not as impressive as that of the initial versions.
- As the characters don’t talk, it might come as a great disappointment to the kids.
6. Power Rangers: Mega Battle: The Most Fun Game For Power Rangers Fans
Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle (Download Here) is the ultimate video gaming experience for fans of the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers television series and movies.
The game creates a funky, creative and modern image of the Power Ranger series. This completely offline kids game takes the popular Power Rangers characters from the very first few seasons of the show and reimagines them as animated cartoon versions of the characters.
Players can now get an opportunity to activate transformations between the characters’ alter ego and ranger forms, upgrade attacks, perform special team attacks, and even fight in giant Zords.
One can also summon the Megazord in the final challenge level. A maximum of four people can play at once, and the best part is that the players can join in at any time.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Power Rangers: Mega Battle that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- The graphics of the game are brilliant. Excellent detailing and precision have been given to each and every character.
- Power Ranger fans will love the theme of the game. Even the music is nostalgic.
- Since there are five power rangers, it would have been great if the game could have supported five players in a team.
- The games can be super tricky and risky for solo and first-time players.
7. Spyro Reignited Trilogy: Best Offline Dragon Game For Kids
All three games: Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Download here) have been reimagined in such a modern manner that kids will love indulging themselves in the game. Advanced gaming technology has been utilized to the fullest in this game.
Although none of these games feature any multiplayer content, the solo players will be kept happy and satisfied for a very long time.
Fans of Skylanders, which spun off from the Spyro video games, in particular, will enjoy this collection. The game is available on all gaming platforms.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- All three games have had a fantastic re-release.
- The representation and design of the creatures make the game look pretty.
- Some of the controls are not as smooth as they are supposed to be.
- There is no online multiplayer option.
8. Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure: Best Offline Game For Pixar Fans
This game (Download here) invites players to visit a unique theme park dedicated entirely to Pixar movies and characters.
Each part of the theme has its special mini-game relating to that movie with the Finding Dory and Cars areas sporting their racing and treasure hunt games while the Up and The Incredibles games focus more on the action and adventure-filled part.
This game has a series of in-built mini-games. Players can choose any game that they wish to play. The latest version of the game fixes the previously induced bugs that made the game weak and lagging. The game is supported in Xbox Play anywhere and everywhere.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- Support for two-player local co-op in all games.
- The Xbox One’s Kinect now also offers motion control that is optional to the players.
- Character models look a little dated.
- 4K resolution doesn’t make the game as impressive as it should.
- It would have been a great game if more than two players could have played at a time.
9. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe: Best Offline Platformer For Kids
This latest new game (Download here) has simple, straightforward controls, new playable characters optimized for younger and less-experienced players.
People can team up and play in groups. The game features new playable characters, who are programmed to make the gameplay easier for new players. The set includes all of the previous designings of the game.
- There are more than 160 levels to complete.
- A maximum of four players can play at the same time.
- Some experienced players might find the levels to be way too easy.
- The game will not attract a wider audience of players.
- The graphics of the system often lag.
10. Dance Central Spotlight: Best Offline Dance Game For Kids
What makes Dance Central Spotlight (Download Here) different is that each level has a different dance routine assigned to it.
Every song in the game’s library has four versions of the same method at varying difficulty levels with different styles of dance. This game isn’t just a fun dance game; it’s your personalized choreographer. Dance Central Spotlight raises the bar of dancing video games.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Dance Central Spotlight that makes it add to the Best Offline Games For Kids list.
- There is a different choreography routine for every song.
- There are four different levels for different songs.
- Maximum of two players can play at a time.
- It takes a bit of time to get used to the motion controls.
How Are Offline Video Games Helping Your Child In The Real World?
Video games help your child in boosting up their self-esteem and confidence. The levels of difficulty in various sports are adjustable and can be changed accordingly.
In the beginning stage, your child begins at the natural level, and by regular gaming sessions and skill-building, he becomes confident in handling more difficult challenges. Since gaming is in the virtual world, the fear of losing is much less.
Wanting to explore and taking adventure trips in the game has become very common. With the right kind of attitude, your child can portray himself well in the real world.
Video gaming experience brings about a sense of maturity and well-being in your child. Whether offline or online, it can be a meaningful way to share his gaming experiences with others in multiplayer gaming or social media. Children also get a feeling of being a better social person.
Online games that involve multiple players help your child to work with other players cooperatively. Games that are played in the multiplayer zone, allow your children to befriend fellow gamers from all over the world. This gives them a taste of other people’s culture and their trends.
Playing video games online or offline has both positive and negative effects on a child’s brain. Playing multiplayer video games improve concentration power, reading capabilities, and understanding of logic.
Parents should make sure that their child has access to the internet and video games for only a considerable amount of time. It is also advised that the parents make sure to monitor their kid’s screen time.
Some games have parental guidelines; it is best before letting their children play the game; parents look into the game and make sure it is safe for their kids.
Till a certain age, children should stick to playing offline video games only. Introduction to online multiplayer mode brings with it various challenges and threats. Parents should ensure looking after their gaming experience even if they become a part of the online gaming world.
Video games can improve your capability to respond to a situation. Studies have shown that people who played action-based video and computer games made decisions 15% faster than others without any lack of accuracy.
Studies suggest that most pro players can make choices and act on them at a faster rate than most people, and can pay attention to more than one thing at a time without getting confused, compared to only half by the typical person.
A gaming study initiated at the University Of Geneva has stated that the violent and disruptive aspect of a video game has a minimum effect on a child’s brain.
As parents worry the most about the intense gaming sequences, an expert from the gaming world of Switzerland stated that “Fight sequences prove to be the most beneficial part of a video game.”