With innovative smartphones swarming the whole world, it doesn’t mean featured phones have no existence.
In a country like India, keypad phones are something that people still look forward to buying. The reason several notable brands like Samsung, Nokia, Lava, etc. bring the best keypad phone in India.
Keypad phones incorporate a set of keys or buttons with digits, alphabetical letters, and symbols etched on them in order. Many Indians still prefer them over smartphones, especially residents of rural or remote areas. Why?
The basic functionalities of the keypad phones are all they require. Such a phone acts as a means of communication and some essential entertainment for them.
Also, sometimes parents search for keypad phones for their kids to not expose them to the internet world.
So, they prefer to buy the keypad phone that offers the child the experience of using the phone for the first time. With age and as the kid learns to use the phone, they can turn to the smartphone.
In fact, nowadays, you’ll see these types of phone devices don’t merely possess limited features. Featured phones also include a few smartphone functionalities to match the current trend yet not lose its sheen of being a basic calling phone. You’ll see the experience for every model is unique.
In this article, we will discuss the best keypad phone in India and how they can serve you well.
Best Keypad Phone in India: Our Top Picks 👌
1. Nokia 150 (Dual SIM, Black)
A keypad phone by a game-changer in the mobile sector – Nokia. Thus, it speaks to the volume that you are going to invest in a reliable product. Nokia, as usual, maintained its trademark quality in this model, too, by creating a sturdy handpiece.
The phone has a perfectly designed shape with curved edges. This ergonomic design of the device will make it easy to hold for you. Also, this mobile weighs just 73 g that means it is not even heavy to hold and carry along.
Further, the polycarbonate shell saves the color from getting scratched. You will feel the keypad is smooth to type, thanks to its Island keymat feature.
The excellent display allows users to have clear picture quality. The phone has an 800 mAh lithium-ion battery capacity. There is also a built-in flashlight that you can use when you are out in the dark.
You will also get a couple of pre-loaded games; one of them is Nokia’s famous – Snake Xenzia. Hence, this mobile is a great combination of usability and entertainment.
The phone has no 3G or 4G network support. However, it is your best bet if you are looking for a cheap mobile under INR 1000. The mobile comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Nokia 150 (Dual SIM, Black) that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- The phone offers 4 MB Ram and multi-media support that lets you enjoy some default games, save new games, and store your favorite songs as well.
- The phone is lightweight yet durable and comes with ergonomic design so that users find it easy to manage.
- The 800 mAH lithium-ion battery empowers the mobile to work for longer hours at a single charge.
- The Nokia 150 comes with 240 × 320 pixel resolution.
- There is no 3G as well as 4G support in the device.
- It just has a single sim slot.
2. Samsung Guru FM Plus (Gold)
The phones in gold hue are not something that you will find only in high-end luxury mobiles. Samsung has launched a keypad phone too in this color shade. It means now you can also own a gold phone.
This mobile has a compact and beautiful design that people will love to hold. Moreover, it has a comfortable and secure grip. It has an incredible UI that offers smooth user experience and better display to type and send text messages.
The Samsung Guru boasts dual sim slots, FM radio, internet browsing, and Bluetooth. A 208 MHz single-core processor in this device offers fast operational ease. Lastly, the 800 mAh battery gives users nine hours of long talk time.
Undoubtedly, it’s a reliable keypad mobile in India by the famous Samsung brand.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Samsung Guru FM Plus (Gold) that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- The FM radio on the phone will never let you have a dull moment.
- Its intuitive main menu icons and simplified call log details make it convenient to use.
- This phone lets you see the missed calls notification even when its screen is in the lock mode.
- You can quickly charge the phone using the universal micro USB cable.
- The phone has no camera and 3G and 4G support, which makes it quite boring for some users.
- It also has battery backup and speaker sound quality glitches.
3. Lava Gem Big Screen Keypad Mobile
Lava Gem is a lovely looking keypad handset in India. The phone boasts a vivid screen design. Its 2.8-in big screen makes it easy to read the texts and other functions.
The mobile boasts superb sound quality, FM radio, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and big fonts. Further, you will get a blink notification on receiving the incoming calls.
The 1750 mAh battery is no doubt worth mentioning that will not drain for days in a single charge. The micro-USB port boosts the phone’s charging speed.
What else? The phone also has HD recording and video recording facilities. Thus, the Lava Gem is a worthy purchase in a reasonable price range.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lava Gem Big Screen Keypad Mobile that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- It has a soft keypad for smooth typing on the phone.
- The lithium-ion battery is the biggest highlight of this phone as it lasts for up to 4 days.
- This phone comes with 2 years of warranty.
- The incredible sound quality allows you to enjoy music to the fullest.
- The phone sometimes starts switching off and on by itself.
- It has quite a slow browsing speed.
4. Nokia 3310 (Dark Blue)
Nokia 3310 is an old world’s charm that brought Nokia back into the limelight. With the reappearance of the Nokia 3310, you get a chance to have excellent experience without splurging a lot. The model is more than a basic feature phone.
The phone boasts a 1200 mAh battery that means you can have an uninterrupted experience for an extended time period.
Further, a 2.4-in display and 240 x 320 pixels resolution offer clear picture quality. The polarized layer on the window lets you read conveniently even when you are in the sunlight.
Nokia 3310 phone comes with a 2 MP camera, LED flash, and its classic Snake game. The most significant feature of this keypad mobile is that you can use WhatsApp.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Nokia 3310 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- The high-quality phone battery gives you up to 22 hours of talk time.
- You will find 16 MB RAM and 128 MB internal memory that is expandable up to 32GB.
- You’ll get a 1-year warranty for mobile and 6 months warranty for battery and in-box accessories.
- The phone has only 2G support.
- It has no front camera.
5. Nokia 216 (Black)
Nokia presents to you one more ideal option in the keypad phone category. No wonder why it was the master of the features phones ever since the mobile phones came into existence.
This dual SIM keypad mobile comes with 2G network support.
The phone looks beautiful and has excellent build quality. It has a display of 2.4 inches with 230 × 320 pixels screen resolution. The phone comes with 16 MB RAM, and memory is expandable to up to 32 GB.
It is an Android featured phone with a keypad that offers you easy access to apps available on the Google Play store.
Also, you get access to web browsing and music on investing in this mobile. The phone does not support Whatsapp; however, you can definitely browse Facebook using its Opera browser.
The phone features a front and a rear camera along with an LED flash that you can also use as a flashlight in the dark. Furthermore, the phone has a fabulous battery life that provides 18 hours of talk time.
The phone also has Bluetooth 3.0 and audio support for headsets. Hence, it is the right choice if you are looking for a basic featured mobile with some multimedia facilities.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Nokia 216 (Black) that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- This keypad phone comes with a 1020 mAH lithium-ion battery.
- The phone will give you year-long access to one free Gameloft game every month.
- You can save up to 2000 contacts on this mobile phone.
- There are plenty of multimedia features on this mobile model, including games, radio, and web browsing, music player, etc.
- The internet connectivity is slow; thus, the loading of some websites can take time.
- There is no Whatsapp support.
6. Philips Xenium E108 Dual SIM Mobile Phone (Black)
Those who are searching for a dual sim phone, don’t look beyond. This keypad phone in India has a dual sim slot along with an eye-catching design. It’s a compact phone that is accessible at a reasonable price range.
You will notice excellent image quality and response time, thanks to its 1.77-in TFT screen and color display. The Hindi keypad is the feature of Philips Xenium phone that makes it a hassle-free choice for people who are not skilled in English.
The incredible 1000 mAh battery gives you long-lasting performance and battery back up. Other features include a built-in torch, 3.5 mm earphone jack, FM radio, and Micro USB charging.
All in all, it is a budget-friendly yet feature-rich keypad phone in India.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Philips Xenium E108 Dual SIM Mobile Phone (Black) that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- You will get a 1 year of manufacturing warranty on the phone and 6 months on in-box accessories.
- You can type in Hindi as it supports Devnagri keypad.
- The phone is a multimedia package that consists of FM, music player and video player.
- It has an incredible battery back up; you can use it for seven days in a single charge.
- The volume of ring tones is quite low, which means you can sometimes miss the calls.
- The scene size is too small.
7. Reliance Jio (Black)
Reliance is one of the biggest networks in India today. Apart from teleservices, the company also presents to consumers its budget-friendly own mobile collection. One such model is this Reliance Jio keypad phone.
This mobile has 4G VoLTE support, giving you HD voice calls and Video calling ease. It runs on KAI Operating System and boasts a 1 GHz Dual Core processor.
The incredible battery power of 2000 mAh offers you 12 hrs of standby time that makes it one of the most popular keypad phones in India.
This mobile boasts 2 MP rear camera and 0.3 MP front camera. Some other features of the phone are regional languages support, wi-fi, Bluetooth, web browser, and torch. Further, the phone comes with 4GB of internal storage and has 128GB of expandable memory.
Thus, you get massive storage access with this keypad phone in India.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Reliance Jio (Black) that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- The phone supports various Indian regional languages; thus, you can conveniently use it in your mother tongue without any hassle to understand the functions.
- Buyer will get access to more than 6000 movies on JioCinema, and 1 crore songs on JioMusic, 400 channels on JioTV.
- You can use social media and various other apps on Jio Phone, including Whatsapp, Facebook, YouTube, Voot, etc.
- It has a primary as well as a secondary camera.
- You cannot see Whatsapp status and emojis as this mobile works on the older Android version.
- The phone has an unresponsive keypad.
8. Blackberry Curve (White)
Do you love the keypad design of Blackberry’s signature phone? However, we know the models by this brand come with a hefty price tag. Well, not anymore!
If you desire to possess one of that kind, then the Blackberry Curve is your go-to option. It is a smart feature phone released by the notable brand that runs on Blackberry 7 OS.
Also, you will get a beautiful graphical display and fluid animations due to its smooth user-interface. Additionally, the phone offers a stable internet browsing experience as you can get access to Facebook, WhatsApp, and YouTube apps.
A QWERTY keypad has smooth keys that is a trademark of the brand. Thus, you will be typing without applying any pressure on your fingers.
What’s more? The mobile also supports voice commands. 1000mAH battery support offers 336 hours of standby time and talk-time of 5 hrs.
Besides, the phone has a good quality 5 MP primary camera that is loaded with amazing options like VGA video recording, image stabilization, face detection, and geo-tagging.
Hence, it’s an ideal purchase for those who are looking for a stylish featured phone. That said, even people with a low budget can take advantage of its QWERTY keypad phone.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Blackberry Curve (White) that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- The QWERTY keypad has clearly written numerals, alphabets, and symbols.
- It has a 2.44-in TFT LCD screen that is also scratch-resistant.
- Capture pictures like a pro as you will get a feature-rich mobile camera in this mobile.
- The phone also supports wi-fi to have an uninterrupted browser and online gaming experience.
- You will get 1-year of manufacturer warranty for mobile and 6 months for all in-box accessories.
- The phone is pretty small in size.
- You may seldom encounter an internet connectivity issue.
9. Lava Prime Z Keypad Phone (Black-Silver)
It is a high-quality keypad phone that is available in an affordable price range. Lava Prime Z is a perfect choice if you want a phone with excellent sound quality. The phone comes with an in-built music player, video player, and FM Radio.
It is a sleek mobile model with polished finishing and premium 3D front glass offering it a beautiful look. The phone boasts a super battery mode that provides you five days of battery backup. It also has a 1.3 MP back camera with flash, video recording, and zoom options.
Besides, the phone has a 2.4-in QVGA display with a resolution of 240 x 320 pixels and the CD texture in the center navigation key.
So, you can opt for this model if you are looking for a cheap mobile with no over the top features.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lava Prime Z Keypad Phone (Black-Silver) that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- This mobile has a sturdy and sleek design.
- It supports 32 GB of memory, hence giving enough storage space.
- The 1200 mAH lithium-ion battery offers 2-watt hrs of talk time.
- You will get 2-year manufacturer replacement guarantee for phone and 6-months manufacturer warranty for all in-box accessories
- The keys are hard to press, which will even make noise while pressing.
- The torch throws a dull light.
10. Karbonn K9
Karbon K9 is a dual sim mobile that comes with 256 MB RAM and 16 GB of expandable memory support. The phone’s 2.4-in display has a resolution of 320×240 pixels that offers decent picture quality.
It has a basic buttoned smooth keypad so that you can type correctly without making any mistakes. Besides, the user interface provides a seamless experience as the phone will rarely hang. The menu icons are properly structured too.
This phone has an 1800 mAh battery that can last for up to 6 hours in a single charge. The 1.3 MP primary camera is another notable feature of this phone.
This keypad phone in India is a suitable choice for those who have a low budget.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Karbonn K9 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Keypad Phone in India in 2020.
- It is a dual sim phone that has decent looks and structured menu icons.
- The keypad of this mobile is soft to use.
- The mobile boasts a Bluetooth, music player, video player, and FM radio.
- This phone gives 6 hrs of talk time in a single charge.
- The camera quality is not up to the mark.
- You may face some network issues.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Keypad Phone
It is necessary to comprehend what service you want from your keypad phone before you buy any. So, you have to consider the important factors to pick the right keypad mobile for you.
Buying a durable mobile must be your primary concern when purchasing a keypad phone. The material of the keypad mobiles must be shock-resistant and scratch-proof to survive accidental falls or any other unfortunate situations.
Also, keypad mobile that has an IP-rating means it is water-resistant and dust-proof.
One of the greatest advantages of keypad phones is that it drains less battery power. It is because the mobile has a small screen and less power-consuming apps.
So, always go for mobiles that have higher mAh power. You will get about 10 to 11 hours of battery life on an 800 mAh lithium battery. Further, more the mAh capacity and more battery back up.
We suggest opting for a mobile that has a minimum of 2,500 mAh battery capacity for longer usage. Also, the price of the phone will depend on the battery capacity of that model.
The next thing you need to ponder upon is its storage capacity. The phone must have enough internal and external memory that you can easily store photos, movies, songs, documents, etc. in it.
📗FAQ’s on Best Keypad Phone
Below are the couple of queries on Best Keypad Phone that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
(Q) Which are the best selling keypad phones in India?
Nokia, Samsung, and Lava are the most common brands people choose to buy a keypad phone in India.
(Q) Does a keypad phone offer an internet-browsing option?
Yes, some keypad in India phones come with an internet browsing feature such as in Nokia, Reliance Jio, and Blackberry Curve.
(Q) Can we play games on keypad phones?
With a plethora of options available, it proves that the keypad phones in India still has a vast market. So, whether you have a basic phone utility or you are a parent wanting to buy the first phone for your child, it is suggested to begin by purchasing a keypad phone.
You have got a lot to choose from the available models in the market. From the above guidebook, you can easily make the right decision to buy yourself a reliable and functional keypad phone.