Do you not want your system to be safe and secure from any malware attacks or simply a virus? If I were you, I would definitely have brilliant antivirus software in my system as soon as I lay my hand over it. We had used Malwarebytes and loved the functionality of it.
However, if you too are not satisfied enough with the software based on its service we have made a list of the best Malwarebytes Alternative you can check it out as well.
Malwarebytes as we know is an anti-malware software that is being used all over the world by thousands of users since it is platform-independent i.e. it is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Although there are certain aspects which may be troublesome and you may want to switch to something better. Malwarebytes is not free and you need to pay for the subscription fee. Also, the overall cost has increased for years and many users have canceled it over time.
Let us now look at the best Malwarebytes Alternative.
Best Malwarebytes Alternative: Our Top Picks 👌
1. Avira Antivirus
Avira Antivirus (Download Here) is one of the best Malwarebytes alternatives you will find on the web or simply anywhere else. It has all the features you are looking for and the best part is that it is free of cost.
You can download it on any of your systems i.e. Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. This free antivirus has been designed with the sole purpose of keeping you secure from any kind of malware attack on your system.
You can simply schedule the scans on the system and the antivirus will run in the background. It tends to update everything while you are working. Unlike any other antivirus, Avira takes up very little space and keeps your system fast and responsive at all times.
After you have chosen to scan the system, this software will provide you with data on the files scanned, threats detected, files that have threats, etc. Furthermore, you can optimize and configure the antivirus according to how you want it.
If you plan on taking the browser extension along with the antivirus, it will protect your computer from internet thefts and virus attacks. You can easily browse different websites by quietly preventing companies from accessing what you are doing.
There are tons of malware on the website on the internet, it blocks them before they even load. Furthermore, you can manage all the files that have been quarantined.
Note:- MalwareByte initially came with for Exploit protection program only but later they also came in with an antivirus program in the same program.
If you are the person who likes Malwarebytes due to exploit guard protection then you need to know Windows 10 is now providing default exploit protection in the Microsoft defender program.
Remember one point once you are installing any antivirus in the Windows PC, the Microsoft defender antivirus program is working in passive mode.
Like in my PC, I am using Malwarebytes as my default antivirus program and if you check the Windows security option under the “update and Security” in the Windows settings, you will find Microsoft defender is working in the passive mode.
Now click on the “App and Browser Control“, here you have two protection names “Reputation-based protection” which will protect your PC against malicious APPS (PUPS) and Websites.
and the second option is “Exploit Protection” which will protect your PC against exploits.
Click on the ‘Exploit protection settings” option, here you will find two protection settings one is for Systems and one is for applications.
If you compare Default Exploit guard protection with Malwarebytes, they are providing the same level of protection.
Finally, If you are using Avira Antivirus + Default Exploit guard protection, it’s more than enough to protect your PC against common threats.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Provides Real-time protection
- Data protection and security
- Blocks threats i.e. Ransomware, adware, and spyware
- Analyze any files on the system
- Configure and optimize
- Browsing tracker blocker
- Lightweight and does not occupy much space
- Protects your system against all kinds of viruses, spyware, trojans, etc
- Updates are constant
- Simple to use and understand
- Provides real-time alerts
- Contains ads in the free version
- The interface is not very attractive
Avast Antivirus (Download Here) is one of the most popular among all we have come across and is being used by millions of users all over the globe. In fact, it is one of the best Malwarebytes alternatives for mac.
This software not only is perfect for your home network, but also for your businesses. You can download it on your Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android systems so that all your devices are protected at their very best.
Although you can get the free version which is perfect there are certain amazing specs that are only for Premium users.
The free version works in basically three folds. It scans your entire system for any kind of spyware, malware, etc so that the corrupted files can be taken care of. NOt only does it block any such viruses but also removes the already intruded harmful ones.
Even though there are trusted websites, there have been tons of cases of them being hacked quite a lot. So, use Avast Antivirus that will alert you about such websites, block any download from a potentially risky website, and prevent intrusive web tracking.
You may have never noticed this, but your wifi network may not be as secure as you may think. There are high chances that anyone can access it and make your devices vulnerable.
So, Avast scans your network and all the devices as well so that it can stop hackers from stealing your data or using your wifi simply.
- Protects from any kind of malware attacks
- Provides real-time alerts about unsafe websites, downloads, email attachments, etc.
- Avast scan your networks for vulnerabilities
- Available for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android
- Gives alert as soon as anyone tries to join your Wifi
- Your files and photos are encrypted
- Provides an excellent home security network
- Compatible with almost every operating system
- Automatically scans external storage devices in the background
- Easy to install and set up
- Constantly gets updated with new antivirus definitions.
- Alerts at times can be annoying
- Premium version is costly
3. Sophos Home
Sophos Home (Download Here) is one of the most common Malwarebytes alternatives that users have been switching over to. It is free of cost and you can try out the premium version as well for free days for free.
The free version gives you complete protection from malware with the help of Predictive Artificial Intelligence (AI) Threat Detection.
This antivirus identifies and blocks any malicious activity on your system with the help of machine learning or other deep learning capabilities.
If you have teenagers or children in your home, you can filter or control the content that they can view online. With the help of a remote management feature, you can secure multiple PCs and smartphones in any location with a simple interface.
Also, for Mac users, there is a special feature where all your Mac web interaction is protected and any malicious websites are blocked. Furthermore, for the premium version, you can get ransomware security too. Many users are thoroughly concerned about their data privacy protection.
Sophos Home Premium gives complete protection of your data and blocks unwanted access to your webcam, microphone, and stops apps from covertly sharing your personal information.
As for the free version only 3 devices can be connected while for the premium version around 10 devices can be allowed to use the antivirus subscription.
- Real-time protection against Malware
- Prevents connection to compromised or dangerous sites
- Secure multiple devices from a single interface
- Parental control is available to filter content for children
- Security against Ransomware
- Good reporting features including alerts
- Low CPU cycles during the scan
- Detect Malicious software
- Works silently in the background
- Easy to manage and use
- UI could have been better
- Initial setup can be hectic
4. Norton 360
Norton 360 (Download Here) is an exceptional all-around malware protection tool. It provides multiple layers of protection to your devices such as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Also, this tool is not free and you need to buy a subscription to keep going.
There are multiple options to choose from i.e. Standard, Deluxe, and Premium. Also, for the standard version, you can only access one single device for each OS. While on the Deluxe and Premium versions there are options for up to 5 devices for your family.
The innovative security tech is powered by Artificial Intelligence as well as Machine learning. All the online threats and your devices are carefully monitored for any kind of malware, viruses, spyware, etc.
You no longer have to worry about your data being stolen by ransomware or any threats online. Simply use the cloud backup provided by the Antivirus where you can store all your PC data and keep them securely.
If you are a Windows user you may have used the Firewall but by downloading this Antivirus you are getting an even powerful one.
This firewall monitors the network traffic sent and received from your Mac or Windows system. They tend to block any suspicious traffic or any activity that may be a potential threat to your system.
Furthermore, it is very difficult to create a strong password and remember them. SO with Norton, you can create stronger passwords and save them in a vault so that you can access them whenever you want.
- Real-time threat protection
- Smart Firewall for PC or for Mac
- Provides Secure VPN
- Manages your password
- Provides storage space on Cloud
- Protects your data from viruses
- Security tech powered by AI and machine learning
- Intelligent firewall for Mac and Windows
- Save your PC data on a secure and safe cloud storage
- SafeCam to block unauthorized access to the webcam
- Protects and monitor your home network
- Easy to install and faster scan
- The initial load time was pretty high
- Customer service is not immediate
5. AVG Antivirus
AVG Antivirus (Download Here) is available for free to every user and you can download it with a single click on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. The design is pretty simple yet looks stunning and very easy to use.
This tool works comfortably well in real-time where it is entitled to detect and remove any sort of virus or threats on your system either be it a PC or your smartphone.
Moreover, the tool is always active and working in the background. It continues to scan the system and provides you with updates or reports if any threats are detected.
As soon as you connect any external device to the system, it auto-scans all the files in it and removes any harmful virus or malware on it. Either way, you can customize the setting so that you can remove the threat on the system after reviewing the report.
You all know how dangerous the internet world has become where multiple threats or viruses can enter your system unknowingly. Hence AVG simply works on this and removes any malicious websites from opening and also works on sending any spam mail that can cause an error to your system.
Other than this, if you are planning to buy a premium subscription, there are multiple other features that you can take advantage of. Here you get an added layer of ransomware where all your data files are protected from any attacks.
ABG will help you detected any fake website that is asking you for any payment. This will help you save your money from the hands of cybercrimes.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Runs quietly in the background
- Blocks all the malicious websites
- Automatic updates
- Block unsafe links, downloads, & email attachments
- Well organized and easy to use software
- The software runs quietly in the background
- Real-time constant updates are carried on
- Excellent web browsing protection
- Effective in diagnosing and debugging the system
- The system slows down at times
- Fewer configuration options
6. McAfee Total Protection
McAfee is a renowned brand when it comes to choosing the best Malwarebytes alternative. It has multiple options that you choose from, but the one that gives security with every feature is McAfee Total Protection (Download Here).
You can try out the free trial but you will pay for it and enjoy the best service there could be. To start with, this tool can be used by an individual with the standard plan but you can also take up the Family plan and get access to multiple devices on multiple operating systems.
This software makes sure that your system is always updated with the latest security patches and ensures that the system is secure from all threats. Keep hackers away and protect your firewall from accessing your home network.
All your devices might be connected to your Wifi network that can be vulnerable as well to any threats, Mcafee makes sure to scan your network and alerts you if any unwanted guests use it.
Securely store and manage all your online passwords in a single location since we all know how difficult it is to remember each and every password.
Other than this, you can easily surf the web since this tool blocks any malicious website that may get your data or files on your system. Furthermore, you can keep all your files on your PC encrypted with the help of 256-bit AES encryption.
- Block auto-play videos on websites
- Secure your firewall and block hackers
- Safer Web-Browsing
- Securely store and manage all your online passwords
- Keep sensitive files private by storing them on your PC with 256-bit AES encryption
- Multiple-device connectivity
- Compatible with macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android
- Prompt and reliable customer service
- Constant updates of needed security patches
- Customize the tool as per you need
- Ensure that you get safer web browsing
- Allows multiple device connectivity
- Not free, need to buy a subscription
- The interface can be difficult to navigate
7. Total AV
Total AV (Download Here) is yet another brilliant as well as one of the best Malwarebytes alternatives in 2021 that provides every feature needed for your system’s protection.
It is compatible on your computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets on all the major operating systems. Although this is not free of cost, there are three packages that you can go for. You can take up Antivirus Pro, Internet Security, or simply Total Security for all the features together.
To start with Total AV gives your complete protection from Malware, Ransomware, Spyware, and all the viruses that can hamper your system’s data.
Moreover, all your password and data are secured with you. You can start by scanning all your apps, files, data, etc, and provide a report so that you can remove the files that show potential threats.
If you plan to buy the Total security, you will be getting the VPN service too that will keep web browsing private and unblock geo-restricted streaming content. The VPN service used by Total AV is one of the most popular networks Windscribe.
For web protection against any scam, all the malicious websites are either blocked or you would be provided with an alert before you visit it.
The real-time protection monitors your device all the time and runs updates on the background silently. Moreover, as soon as you connect any device or download any file from the web, Total AV auto-scans them before they can harm your system at any point.
- Protection against any kind of malware
- Real-time monitoring and updates
- Gain remote access to your devices firewall settings
- Compatible with Laptops, computers, tablets, and smartphones
- Protections against Ransomware
- Safe Site analyzes and blocks any suspect websites
- Protections against Adware and Spyware
- VPN included
- Intuitive and attractive UI
- Excellent security features included
- Protection against all kinds of virus and malware
- Affordable and easy to use
- Slows down the system sometimes
- Scanning options are limited
8. SpyBot Home Edition
SpyBot Anti-spyware protection (Download Here) is a pretty unique yet powerful tool that allows you to keep your system from any kind of virus or malware. There are multiple editions of the software or better say plans that you can choose from.
You can try out the free plan which has limited features. To start with, you can get the Home edition which is the least of all, or if you have enough money you can get the professional one as well.
It has pretty much everything you are looking for. Simply download the antivirus and choose the default settings, all the other things will be automated.
To remove the spyware from the system, the tool uses unique technology to find and remove all the adware, tracking software, keyloggers, and other unpopular software.
It includes the most popular anti-virus engine that helps to find all the viruses on the system. With the help of live protection or better say real-time protection, the scanner keeps a check on all the currently downloaded files or any device you may have just connected.
For online or web security, this tool protects your system against any malware attacks by blocking access to any of the malicious websites or any unwanted software that may be taking up your space on your PC or laptop.
Furthermore, you can simply automate the tasks by using the scheduled options and running system scans regularly.
- Removes all kinds of Spyware including adware, tracking software, keyloggers
- Protects from every virus already on your system or otherwise
- Real-time protection
- Blocks unwanted malicious sites from attacking the system
- Create a Windows scheduler task to keep the tool up-to-date
- Free of cost as well as paid plans available
- A fast scan of the entire system
- Keeps your web surfing virus free
- Removes all kinds of spyware
- Easy to use
- The interface isn’t the best
- May not be able to handle all kinds of malware
Here we are with the best Malwarebytes alternatives that we could think of. Yes, there are a lot of others like what we have listed but surely you can try out the best ones above.
Moreover, these tools have a lot more to offer than the features we have mentioned. You can simply check more on their official sites and download the tool on your smartphones as well as on your PCs or laptops.
Some of the most popular ones that are being used by millions of users can be found on the list. We too have tested them out and curated the list so that you get the best ones too.
If at all you feel stuck with these somewhere you can let us know in the comment section below. Since you may have been using the ones above you can let us know your feedback on the apps so that other users can make the right decision as well on which one should they go for as the best Malwarebytes alternative.