Are you searching for the Best Laptops For Virtualization? 🤔 Awesome! We got you covered in this review.
So if you are interested in this article then continue reading.
Over the past decade, VIRTUALIZATION as a concept has become fairly popular since it provides a variety of benefits to your computer system especially when it comes to servers.
In a layman sense, virtualization refers to using more than one operating system on a single hardware computer system either at the same time or having multiple OS run by one particular Operating system within the program windows. Generally, the former is more common for laptops due to its limited capacity which is mostly focused on servers.
Whether you are trying to find any sort of vulnerability in the security of your computer system, or you are aiming to develop application software that works for any of the Operating systems namely macOS, Windows, Linux, etc. , virtualization offers something for everybody.
So basically, different applications on a virtualized machine seem to be having separate machines that are dedicated specifically towards their functioning, and the programs and operating systems are unconnected to the basic host OS below it.
Now, to achieve an exceeding level of virtualization, there needs to be an availability of a good laptop that can suffice the various needs and requirements of some of the latest virtualization software available on the internet.
What makes Virtualization Useful?
Laptops that provide easy and smooth compatibility with virtualization, feature a whole lot of uses that can help to make your life easier when operating through your computer system.
Virtual machines allow the user to run old applications which may or may not work properly on the current Operating System or the current version of the OS.
In addition to this, you can easily access virus-infected data, browse online with complete safety without the risk of duplication of your data or hacking.
The technique of virus testing which comes through virtualization does not limit itself only towards the aforementioned. You can also easily test new software, configurations, and updates before you start utilizing them from your main Operating system.
Creating a personal cloud computer to access files and other content through your mobile phone or tablet, backing up your entire Operating System, and smooth web development for web designers which does not require the operating system to display a desktop are some of the other uses of having a virtual machine.
One of the most important uses of virtualization, however, refers to the fact that you can run a particular Operating System on top of another. There have been numerous instances over the years where Linux or Mac users run Windows as an Operating System on top of the built-in.
In short, virtualization aids users in eliminating downtime, simplifying management of data center, downsizing all operational and capital costs, enhancing efficiency, productivity, and responsiveness, and improving the application and resource provision respectively.
Best Laptops For Virtualization: Our Top Pick 👌
Different people have different requirements in regards to virtualization in that some may need to virtualize one or two different Operating Systems, whereas some may need to operate through multiple Operating systems working with many virtual machines.
Therefore, it becomes quite obvious that a laptop should also be chosen accordingly. This may become an overwhelming or cumbersome process for some people but we have sorted that out for you.
The following is a list of the 10 best laptops for virtualization that are available in the market catering to various needs followed by factors that you should consider along with some common FAQs.
1. Acer Predator Helios 300
Acer is a fairly popular brand producing high-end performance computer tech. With the Acer Predator Helios 300 which is the newest version of the Predator Helios line, Acer can handle pretty much everything you throw at it.
Featuring the inclusion of the latest Core i-7 processor, a 256 GB SSD card, a RAM of 16 GB, dual 4th Gen Aeroblade 3D fan and a 4.50 GHz of max clock frequency, this laptop provides its users with an increased level of performance along with amazing speed making it an excellent choice if you are looking to virtualize your laptop.
Another important requirement towards virtualization refers to connectivity which is duly fulfilled by this laptop due to the availability of several ports to connect multiple devices such as high-end monitors.
Other features include enhanced sound clarity with Dolby audio, full-HD display resolution, sturdy and robust build, and a turbo boost technology.
The variety of features and capabilities of a workstation has made this laptop one of the best laptops for virtualization at affordable prices.
- The laptop provides seamless and smooth working even with multiple Operating Systems.
- It includes additional slots for up-gradation of storage and memory.
- It’s very affordable as compared to other laptops for virtualization.
- Amazing variegated features like a dual fan, backlit keyboard, and turbo boost with great ergonomics.
- This laptop provides an average battery life of only 7 hours.
- The laptop is very heavy.
2. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
Lenovo is exceedingly popular amongst users all around the world. It produces and designs laptops of all variations and prices with the latest specs that users generally look for.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is no exception. Featuring 512 GB of SSD card and 16GB RAM, and being powered by 8th Gen Intel Core i-7 processor, this laptop will prevent any kind of encumbrances with regards to performance and simplicity during virtualization.
The laptop provides you with complete compatibility with software like VMware and Oracle towards smooth virtualization and the user will not have to face any complications whatsoever during further operations.
In regards to connectivity, this laptop includes two Thunderbolt 3 ports and various other ports to increase productivity when connected to other high-resolution monitors.
The specs of the laptop include a 14-inch touchscreen which is rarely found in a laptop at such a price with a QHD resolution display. In addition to this, the touchscreen is also powered by 500 nits of luminance.
One of the other important features of this laptop refers to the fact that its hardware is very easily upgradable so that you don’t have to worry about its life.
- The laptop is extremely thin and lightweight being just about 2.5 pounds.
- It provides a very good battery life of about 11 hours along with a battery backup.
- The laptop comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It has a premium build with amazing ergonomics and is very appealing to the eye.
- It provides an amazing performance with minimal complications for virtualization.
- The laptop has a very mediocre webcam which can prove to be a big issue for many users.
- When operating under a lot of loads, the laptop gets heated up quickly.
3. Dell XPS 15 9570
Dell is one of the most trusted brands available in the market producing computer tech. Its XPS series provides some of the most powerful and best laptop for virtualization with both low-end and high-end prices.
The Dell XPS 15 9570 is powered by the Intel Core i-7 processor. In addition to this, the laptop comes with exceptional storage of 1TB SSD card along with 32 GB RAM which is far better than most of the laptops on this list delivering maximum smoothness throughout the virtualization process.
The laptop involves minimum effort when you are trying to create a virtual machine with additional Operating Systems without any complications.
The laptop also features an exceptional touchscreen having 4k resolution along with an anti-reflective coating which is a total steal at its price providing you with a sharp and amazing quality of images.
In regards to connectivity, the XPS 15 includes one Thunderbolt 3 port, two USB ports, and an HDMI port which is extremely useful when it comes to virtualization.
- The laptop provides an amazing battery life.
- It has a very ergonomic design and is easily portable and lightweight.
- It provides superb performance with zero glitches with exceptional storage and memory.
- The laptop provides a 4K resolution touchscreen which is extremely attractive for numerous customers.
- It also includes a variety of other features like the fingerprint scanner, keyboard backlight, etc.
- The cost of this laptop is mostly high ended.
- The laptop may get heated when operating under a lot of loads.
4. Apple MacBook Pro
Apple is a popular brand designing and producing some of the best products in the world. It can be easily considered as a leader in the tech industry when it comes to performance and functioning along with physical features.
The latest MacBook Pro by Apple is no exception. It is reliable when it comes to virtualization and is lightweight and very portable.
Featuring an upgradeable 32 GB RAM, a 512 GB SSD card, and an Intel Core i-9 processor, this laptop does not have much competition. Its hardware provides for easy virtualization without any compromises about its performance.
The screen is 16 inches and comes with a retina display providing vivid colors and sharp images preventing eye strain.
In addition to this, the MacBook Pro includes four Thunderbolt 3 ports to maximize connectivity and can easily last up to 9-10 hours after one charge making this laptop one of the best laptops for virtualization available in the market.
- The laptop is extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
- It has great battery life.
- The design quality is highly ergonomic and strong.
- It provides exceptional performance through superb specs leading to smooth and speedy functions.
- It provides a higher level of connectivity through the inclusion of 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- The laptop has an exceeding retina display.
- Other than the Thunderbolt 3, this laptop does not include many other ports.
- The laptop is extremely expensive.
5. Asus ZenBook
Asus is a very prominent brand in the computer tech industry and provides its users with high tech support and performance. The ZenBook is a great example of the same.
Underlining a sleek and solid build, this laptop provides strength from the inside and style on the exterior.
The ZenBook has all the specifications that are required when setting up a VM lab or a VM machine. These entail an ideal battery life, power bi the latest Intel Core i7 Processor 16GB Ram along with 512 GB SSD card all of which are essential components towards virtualization.
These specifications add two words smoothed and speedy functioning of the processor along with increased storage capacity.
The Asus Zenbook comes at only 2.6 pounds which is exceedingly lightweight which is a problem for many people towards the portability of your laptop.
The screen of this laptop has a size of 14 inches weather wide-view full HD 4 and provides you with sharp and clear images making this one of the best laptops for virtualization.
In addition to the aforementioned, this laptop also provides an ergonomic design and excellent typing position, abatement in IR Camera for facial recognition, and what dual-function touchpad towards enhancing performance when you are using it as a virtual machine.
In terms of connectivity, the ZenBook comes with a USB type C port along with an HDMI port, a Bluetooth 5.0, and a micro SD card reader.
- The laptop is extremely compact, lightweight, and thin for easy portability.
- The laptop provides a very good battery life.
- It is very robust and strong with 810 g military standards to provide immense durability.
- It delivers amazing performance and efficiency when operating through VM software towards the virtualization of the laptop.
- The laptop is very expensive as compared to others with the same specifications.
- The design is very simple.
6. Lenovo ThinkPad P53s
This laptop constitutes the second Lenovo laptop in this list for virtualization. Lenovo is arguably one of the best companies in the world that design laptops that conform to the needs and requirements of users.
The p53 s has become a very popular option when it comes to virtualization and computer performance. The design of the laptop is impressively compact with a weight of only 4.3 lbs and is considered to be easily portable.
In addition to this, the laptop comes with a full HD screen and a 15.8-inch display emphasizing on vivid and crisp images.
In terms of memory and storage, this laptop provides you with custom up-gradation offering up to 64 GB of RAM and 1TB of SSD card storage which is extremely impressive for people who would like to utilize their laptop as a virtual machine without any complications or compromises regarding its reliability and performance.
This is further proved through the presence of the Intel Core Hexa i7 Processor supporting up to 24.1 GHz of clock frequency.
The Thinkpad p53 s is completely compatible with running VMware software air towards virtualization and other heavy-duty tasks.
When it comes to the durability of the laptop, the Lenovo Thinkpad is always considered an excellent choice for users all around the world.
The laptop features a very sturdy and robust design separating it from other generic laptops used for virtualization. Another unique feature of this laptop refers to a professionally designed surface exterior including a fingerprint scanner for easy access of the user.
- The laptop comes with a 3-year warranty from Lenovo making it very appealing to customers.
- There is smooth propagation of virtualization because of the excellent design of the laptop.
- The laptop comes with upgradable memory and storage to conform to the needs of the user.
- Lenovo ThinkPad takes pride in providing ultimate speed and uniformity throughout the life of the laptop.
- The laptop provides brilliant attributes relating to fingerprint recognition, connectivity, security, and display.
- The Lenovo ThinkPad P53s is reasonably costly and might lead to discouraging many from purchasing it.
- The laptop might be heavy for some people.
7. Asus ROG STRIX Scar Edition
This laptop is the second Asus laptop in this list that can be utilized for virtualization. Now although the ROG STRIX BY Asus is generally very popular among users for its capabilities concerning gaming however due to its ability to perform rigorous action and multitask under heavy load during virtualized workstations.
Most people find it extremely problematic to have a large screen laptop due to its inability to be easily portable but it should be duly considered that these same large screens such as this 17.3 inch Asus laptop help the user in achieving maximum productivity when it comes to performing under multiple operating systems and extremely heavy loads.
Like other laptops in this roster, the Asus ROG STRIX comes with an Intel Hexa Core i7 Processor using a 16GB memory card or RAM which is easily upgradable and a 256 GB SSD card with 1TB of the hard drive making it one of the most popular and best laptop for virtualization.
In addition to the aforementioned best laptop also provides the user with an anti-dust dual-fan which does not let the laptop heat easily providing you with maximum power and performance and an excellent option to run virtual machines.
- The laptop guarantees a very long life span because of its dual fan technology and tough design.
- This laptop is proficient in easy handling of huge workloads and powerful levels of virtualization.
- The laptop provides custom upgradability towards both memory and storage to minimize complications for the user.
- The display is precise and definitive with a full HD experience.
- It offers a diversity of connectivity preferences.
- The laptop is heavy and might not be considered easily portable.
- The battery life of the laptop is not very good.
- It might prove to be slightly expensive when compared to its variants from other brands.
8. Gigabyte Aero 15
There are many Computer technology brands available in the market that are underrated in terms of the features and performance that they offer. The Gigabyte Aero 15 can be easily considered as one of them.
This laptop provides exceedingly proficient specifications which duly suffice the requirements towards virtualizing your laptop.
Featuring the 8th generation Intel Core i7 Processor a 16GB Random Access Memory and storage capacity of 512 GB of SSD card make this laptop efficient and effective towards great performance and smooth sailing functions even under huge amounts of stress and multiple operating systems.
Featuring a story design and display size of 15.6 inches this laptop provides full HD display resolution. In addition to this Dell laptop provides superb connectivity through to the lightning-fast Thunderbolt 3 port USB ports and smart broadband connectivity.
The Gigabyte Aero combines all of these features seamlessly together to provide Rapid and smooth functioning of multiple operating systems at the same time.
Other appealing features of this laptop include an illuminating backlit keyboard, a pre-installed Windows 10 professional, and of course its lightning-fast processor which makes this laptop highly recommendable when it comes to 2 setting virtual machines and multitasking.
- The laptop offers immense speed and power to process complex actions smoothly.
- The laptop has a very stylish and ergonomic design.
- It provides you with exceptional connectivity options.
- It includes attractive features like the backlit keyboard and anti-glare LCD screen.
- The laptop runs heavy on the pockets.
- It may be significantly hefty for some people.
9. MSI GF75
This is the second laptop in this list that is extremely proficient and popular amongst gamers. This laptop comes with 17.3 inches display screen with full HD resolution providing you with sharp and colorful images.
This particular laptop comes with customizable up-gradation of both its memory and storage which can be extended up to 64 GB of Ram and 2 TB of SSD card storage which is remarkably affordable as compared to other laptops on this list providing similar specifications.
The GF 75 is backed up by the latest i7 Hexa Core processor with up to 4.50 GHz clock speed. Therefore, no matter how much workload is put on this laptop it provides smooth sailing throughout without any complications and allows you to run as much virtualization software as you want simultaneously.
With the aid of such specs, this laptop has entered the roster of some of the best laptops for virtualization.
This laptop includes 2 USB 3.2 gen 1 type-c ports, 2 USB 3.2 gen 1 ports, 1 HDMI port, and both microphone in and headphone out jacks providing the ultimate level of connectivity when using it as a virtual machine with other high definition monitors or other output devices connected to it.
- The laptop is available at easily affordable rates delivering a multiplicity of features to the user.
- The laptop comes with a 3-year manufacturer warranty to furnish trust.
- It does not get heated up under a huge workload through an effective cooling system.
- When it comes to performance levels, this laptop is top-notch providing smooth and speedy operations.
- Customized up-gradation of memory and storage proves to be highly useful towards virtualization.
- The laptop provides other appealing features like an illuminated keyboard and a precise touchpad.
- The battery life of this laptop might disappoint you.
- The laptop is very hard and heavy making it difficult to carry around.
10. HP ZBook 15 G6
This particular laptop is HP’s most selling ZBook. HP takes pride in conforming to happy workloads along with providing a whole lot of room to grow.
This laptop provides you with extremely fast performance leading to smooth and precise functioning of your operating systems with the help of multi-core Intel processors.
The ZBook includes a high-end body design that features a thermal design technology that perfectly prevents the laptop from heating up and provides a lot of room for its up-gradation to make it last for a long duration of time.
The full name of this product by HP includes the phrase ‘ Mobile Workstation’ which refers to the fact that this laptop is designed to be used as a virtual machine to be able to function through multiple Operating Systems and various tasks without losing its precision or speed.
To conform to the aforementioned, the ZBook is powered by the Intel Hexa Core i7 processor boosting performance along with a 16 GB RAM which is easily upgradable to 32 GB and a storage capacity of 1TB respectively.
The abovementioned specs provide enough power to the ZBook towards running multiple virtual machines through it and fulfills almost all of its requirements making it one of the best laptops for virtualization available in the market.
In regards to display, this laptop comes with a 15.6-inch display screen that has a Full UHD resolution leading to vivid and precise images.
The body structure of the book is of premium build with a smooth and attractive black finish along with being exceedingly ergonomic.
- The laptop provides excellent processing power and high performance with minimal complications or compromises towards other features.
- The laptop delivers versatile connectivity through the inclusion of two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- The laptop provides an amazing battery life.
- The build quality of the laptop is of high quality and robust design to face tough situations.
- The laptop is considerably expensive when compared to other laptops on this list.
- The laptop is very thick and heavy and might not be easily portable for some people.
- It comes with HDD storage and not SSD storage which is a turning point for many people.
Factors to Consider while Buying Laptops for Virtualization
The hardware which is to be used for virtualization will vary for different types of users aiming to run different types of virtual machines.
For instance, a student studying cybersecurity or IT will require running several VM’s simultaneously whereas a student who only requires a VM for utilizing a particular software on a specific OS might not even require a high functioning laptop for virtualization.
In the case of software testers, IT professionals, and pen-testers on the other hand, the aim is towards creating a virtual lab with numerous Operating Systems utilizing a lot of memory who should always aim for the most high-tech hardware.
RAM is generally devoted specifically to virtualization. It is one of the main factors that may limit your ability to create a virtual lab.
A minimum 16 GB memory card or RAM will perfectly suffice. However, an upgraded version of the same with increased memory up to 32 GB and more will be even better.
Generally, a laptop that has 16 GB of RAM comes with room for up-gradation which should be duly considered.
A 32 GB RAM will provide a much better virtualization experience. For example, it will easily allow you to virtualize nested Virtual Machines with a storage appliance and windows instance running vCentre.
A Hexa core processor will prove to be much better than a dual-core or a quad-core processor. This means that you should always opt for a processor that includes more processors.
After this, always consider the clock speed. Less clock speed is always better.
Also, it should be considered that the i7 processor or above should be included as i3 and many other models don’t support hyperthreading.
While choosing amongst the beat laptops for virtualization, the storage capacity of the laptop should always be taken into consideration.
This is pertinent due to the reason that when you are running multiple VMs simultaneously, there can be a lot of IO pressure created on your laptop which can be easily avoided through a large enough SSD card.
However, it can be noted that storage capacities are generally customizable through multiple options like CD/DVD or external USB storage or other devices with relevant ports that still provide maximum efficiency.
Another fact that should be considered is that an SSD card should always be prioritized more than an HDD card. This is because an SSD card will be almost 3 times faster while reading/writing data.
The design of the laptop forms an extremely important factor affecting the right selection.
Powerful internal components running at robust speeds simultaneously may generate a lot of heat which can be overcome through a thick and robust design.
A laptop with an open grill at the base or assembled fan technologies also helps in overcoming high temperatures.
However, it is also important to consider the ratio of portability with the aforementioned to choose one of the best laptops for virtualization.
Most of the laptops in this list conform to a budget of under 2000. However, many underrated laptops with equal specs don’t get much attention due to which they are cheaper than others but this should never be overlooked.
(Q) Does a laptop for virtualization need to have a specifically devoted GPU?
Generally, if your Virtual Machine is utilizing some media development or 3d image related functions, then you might require some extra graphic memory but this should not be made a big consideration because most of the laptops that focus on VM have a fast CPU which generally accompanies a good GPU as well.
(Q) What are some of the best laptops for virtualization which have more than 16 GB of memory?
The Dell XPS and the Apple MacBook Pro are some of the best laptops for virtualization having 32 GB of RAM or memory.
(Q) Are laptops more advantageous than desktops when it comes to virtualization?
Both laptops and desktops have their advantages and disadvantages when it comes to virtualization.
A laptop will be easily portable so that you can set up your Virtual Lab anywhere you like. It will become much faster once customized to upgrade and will cost almost nothing to upgrade it.
Desktops, on the other hand, maybe necessary when you are an IT professional and require a decent Virtual Lab. Desktops with powerful hardware also come for lower costs than many laptops that are also faster.
However, it becomes quite obvious that the product should be purchased towards the fulfillment of your needs regarding virtualization.
(Q) Should a better memory be prioritized over a better processor?
Generally, it is found that when a lot of VMs are run simultaneously on a laptop considering it has decent CPU and memory, mostly there’s still a lot of juice left in the processor but the RAM is depleted first which is why some people prioritize it.
With an increasing number of benefits gained, virtualization has started to grow more and more amongst all kinds of computer users. Hope this list aids you in choosing amongst the best laptops for virtualization available in the market that cater to your needs accordingly.